The Raiders of the Scarlet Sails (IC)

Blade

As the Deathknell came into range, he palmed two silver knives. He was going to test his theory. His first throw went wide, but only because the two ships had crashed into each other with the boarding hooks pulling them together.

"Damnit."

The next knife struck true and the body fell through the creaking wood of the side and plunged downwards where it crushed another of it's bretheren. Blade was looking for another target when movement caught his eye. The top ropes was squirming about and suddenly one of them lashed out at him, he twisted aside and severed the rope. It fell at his feet and practically rotted away before his eyes. The ropes attacked him then, focused on just him and he knew that if he faltered they would join the fight and sway the tide. With blades flashing he twisted, ducked, slashed and laughed at the joy of this skirmish.
 
While part of the crew was on the Deathknell fighting the undead sailors on that ship, the other half of the crew was busy fighting undead which had come aboard the Scarlet Dragon. Red and Nye were fighting a desperate battle to prevent the quarter deck from being overrun. There were undead sailors everywhere crawling up the side of the ship. But over running a skilled, fully armed, Cecaelia (half human/half octopus) and an accomplished fighter like Captain Red was pretty hard even if you have large numbers.

Captain Red’s hair was flying about (as were her large breasts … but we won’t write about that) as she killed undead coming over the railing of the quarter deck. Lennix was helping too, as lightning bolt cooked any undead Red missed. Nye did not even seem stressed as her 8 tentacles and two arms were killing 10 zombies every 10 seconds. The dead “undead” were piling up around the quarter deck in a gruesome and stinking mess.

Jabnil had both her swords out and decided to strike from the air. The heavy rain covered her approach and made her attack that much more deadly. When she saw a crew member in trouble she flew in and beheaded the troubling undead. It must be said as well, that her spell of courage had also been a great help. The crew had never fought with more bravery. The weapon of fear which the Deathknell usually could count on had been nullified.

Over the battle and the heavy rain fall Jabnil barely heard Wulf’s yell "The bell, it's the bloody bell. Destroy that and we win." She finished her swoop and beheaded another zombie and then flew directly to the Deathknell’s Captain and his bell. She landed on the deck in front of Captain Whalebone Pilk.

“I will enjoy skinning you alive… and boiling the FAT from your body!” Captain Pilk threatened

“DID YOU JUST CALL ME FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prepare to go to HELL FOREVER!!” Jabnil screamed as she attacked Whalebone with both her swords in reckless female rage. Pieces of the rotten ship were hacked away as Jabnil pressed her attack. Masts parts, railing, the helm .. etc were cut down during her attack. The undead captain was driven away from his bell as he tried to defend against the two great swords of the former solar angel. The battle between the two looked to be over as Jabnil golden sword got inside Captain Pilk defenses and hacked a massive gash into his chain mail armor. The armor fell to the ground, broken. The next blow of Jabnil would have cut the cursed captain in half. However, the zombie Captain had a trick up his sleeve. A ghostly hand emerged from Captain Whalebone’s body and plunged into Jabnil chest.

Suddenly Jabnil’s breath was taken away. She could not breathe and was suffocating. Captain Whalebone Pilk laughed “Now I have you!! BITCH”
 
Wulf and Jura had been making slow progress towards the Deathknell's quarterdeck when suddenly the sounding of the bell stopped. It took them awhile to realize it though as their ears were still ringing, but they noticed the effects immediately.

The zombies they faced lost some of their focus and vigor, their blows becoming slower and their movements sluggish. Jura and Wulf took full advantage and began to swing in large arcs no longer having to guard against quick strikes to their flanks.

The undead were swept away in huge numbers in front of them and they quickly made their way towards the quarterdeck, each taking one of the stairways upwards to it. Wulf found himself closest to the fight between Jabnil and Captain Whalebone and was in time to see her slice through his armor. Yelling encorougement he approached from behind just in time to see Pilk thrust his hand into Jabnil's chest and her face turn ashen.

With a huge cry Wulf raised his warhammer and brought it crashing down on the Captains head crushing it down into the mans stomach. The sounds of breaking bones and shattering armor could be heard all around the ship and for a second all fighting stopped. Then an eerie laughing began and a ghostly body began to emerge from around the hammer still buried in the wreck that was it's physical form.

"You think a blow like that is going to stop old Whalebone do Ye. Ye have to do better than that ya scunner."

Amazingly the wrecked body turned and Wulf pulled his hammer free by reflex and backed up. The wrecked top half flopped on the deck while the legs still managed to move, while above them the glowing ghostly form of Captain Whalebone grinned at the shocked Wulf.

"I am going to boil the FAT of your giant carcass slowly while you are still alive for what you did to my body. I am going to get a lot off of you boy."

Wulf swung his Hammer again but even though it met some resistance even his powerful enchantments didn't allow it to hit and damage this ghost. The only good thing was it was now concentrated on him and not Jabnil and she seemed to be breathing better. He could also see that Jura was almost to the bell. He just needed to stall for time.

"So Captain," he taunted as he slowly backed up keeping him at arms length, "You think you can get me do you. Why you are not half the man you used to be, what makes you think you can take me on?"

He chuckled as he saw the fury on the ghosts face then realized how bad his pun had been. He had been hanging around Red too long. She was starting to rub off on him. Still he saw that Jura was but steps away from the bell. They only needed a few more seconds and it would all be over.
 
Blade

He had heard about the bell, and he knew of a little something that would work like a charm. He dodged two ropes, jumped, grabbed hold of the rotting sail and used it as a rope as it started tearing under his weight. He threw the dagger in his hand, the blade jamming the movement mechanism and preventing any further ringing. He landed on the head of one of the zombies, used it as a platform to launch himself towards the quarter deck. Hands swatted at him as he used heads and shoulders on his way.

One of the silver daggers with the skull in the pommel slipped into his palm and as he landed on the deck after vaulting over the hand railing, he threw it. The blessed silver pierced the side of the bell and kept going, thudding into the deck, leaving a gaping hole behind, rendering the bell virtually useless.

"Now Jura!"

Blade drew two daggers and threw them at the zombies on the stairs, downing them, then grabbing a short sword from the dead fingers of a corpse and parrying the ropes who by now have found their way to his position.
 
After Wulf’s hammer blow, Whalebone Pilk ghostly hand was gone from Jabnil’s chest. The former angel fell to the deck and gasped for breath. Wulf had just saved her life, but at what cost? The ghostly Captain Pilk plunged two hands into Wulf’s chest stealing every molecule of air in his body. The ghost Captain laughed a most horrible laugh as Wulf could not breathe at all.

Two things changed that laughter into screams of anguish. The first was Blade’s blessed silver dagger passing through the bell. The bell was the key to defeating Captain Pilk and removing the curse placed upon the ship. It was the bell that fueled the ship's evil magic. Victims of Captain Pilk attacks that had been taken alive were always taken below decks to the processing hold. There the poor souls were skinned alive, their blubber removed from their bodies. Then the undead crew feasted on their remains. This still did not kill those captured sailors. They were kept alive by magic … their skeleton bodies were finally brought before the bell and beheaded. This finally killed them, but their souls were absorbed by the bell to fuel the ship’s magic.

Blade’s blessed dagger broke the bell and began to unravel the curse. This process was accelerated as Jura’s chariot sickles slashed the bell into three equal pieces. Captain Pilk screamed in pain as if he himself had been cut into pieces. This freed Wulf of the breath robbing magic of the ghost captain. But Jura was not done yet. The big Minotaur grabbed each piece of the bell and threw it into the processing vats of the Deathknell. The boiling hot pots melted the pieces of curse bell freeing the souls of all the previous victims.

It also destroyed Captain Whalebone Pilk. His ghostly body being boiled by the vats. It was satisfying but horrible to watched as the cursed man finally died and went straight to hell!

The cursed magic gone everywhere. All the undead fell to the decks of both ships. They were dead. The enchanted ropes also stopped moving and attacking Blade. The undead and the ropes… were dead again for real this time. The Deathknell, itself, also died. The whaler began to sink into the sea with no magic holding it afloat.

Normally this would not have been a problem, but The Scarlet Dragon was grappled tightly to the Deathknell. The Deathknell started to drag The Scarlet Dragon under water too. Nye and Captain Red realized the situation quickly and ordered grappling lines cut as fast as possible. People on the Deathknell scrabbled to get back aboard the Scarlet Dragon.
 
Blade

Freed from the ropes' attack, he could assist in the cutting of the ropes. The rotting hull was making things even harder, but with the agility and light footedness which made Blade, Blade, he managed to cut a few hooks, allowing the ones closest to the quarter deck to remain to give Jura and Wulf time to jump aboard. He knew that as hurt as she looked, the former angel would be able to handle herself enough to reach the safety of the deck and if not, Jura seemed quite attached enough to take the time to bring her aboard as well.

The last rope fell away from the blade of the sword, he tossed the sword on to the deck, leaped and grabbed hold of the rope as the deck started to sink away underneath him. With one of his madman grins, he hauled himself upwards and jumped over the railing and onto the deck
 
Wulf had felt the very life being sucked out of him and was chilled to the bone. However he quickly saw what was happening and struggled to his feet. Lashing his great Warhammer to his back he looked towards Jabnil but saw Jura already there and picking up the stricken Angel. He nodded at the big warrior and pointed at the ship. They were the last ones onboard and they better get their asses off quick or they were going to be taking an unscheduled bath.

Jura took off running and made a huge leap assisted by his wings and landed easily onboard the Dragon. Bloody show off. Wulf should be able to do the same but he felt weak as a new born babe and knew he would never be able to do that. he searched for another option and finally saw what he needed.

A stray piece of rope was hanging from the mast of the Dragon and dangling over the side. Wulf ran on shaky legs to it and grabbed it as the sea started to swallow the ship. He braced himself against the hull and began to walk up it, pulling himself upwards as well via the rope.

What was easy just a few hours ago proved to be almost beyond him, and if it wasn't for several hands dragging him aboard at the end, he probably would have plunged back into the sea.

Smiling he looked up into the faces of the crew and smiled. "Well that's one less legendary ship that will sail the waters, huh lads. Bugger ghost stories, when you mess with Red's Dragon crew you best be prepared to die even if ye be already dead." He heard laughter and tried to sit up and then fell backwards as blackness swallowed him up.
 
The Next Morning

Whoever has sailed in the Shackle and has experienced the view while on the calm, turquoise colored sea, in the early morning sunshine is forever changed by the beauty of the sight. The storm from the previous night had passed. Red moved to bow of The Scarlet Dragon. Her one arm wrapped around the Maidenhead Dragon’s neck as she looked across the calm seas at the small island on the horizon.

“Sometimes, all you need is a little wind in your back to take off on a journey that will change your life forever!” She said to herself as she thought about the treasure they were about to find. Blade had of coarse seen the island first and warned everyone of “land ho”. Mancatcher cove and the treasure of Captain Wulfe was within their reach.

Red looked back at the crew. Everyone had a spring in their step. The battle of the night before had added to their confidence. Even Wulf and Jabnil were up and about, having slept off their exhaustion. Defeating the cursed Deathknell had been no easy feat, but once it was done, the feeling of satisfaction was invigorating.

“Sails Ho!!” Blade yelled from the crow’s nest. “Two ships on the port quarter!! Looks to be the Wormwood and the Dominator!!” He added with concern in his voice.

"Are they battling?" Red yelled up to Blade.

"No sailing in abreast" He yelled back.

Last night The Scarlet Dragon headed into the storm, the angry sea had sent an infinite number of great grey swells at the ship. Red had seen death in every one. The mountains of water had thumped into the ship. The Scarlet Dragon had shuddered and strained against the swells. Red saw and felt malice in each wave. But the ship had survived and made it to the calm of the morning.

“Now I know why I felt malice! That storm was not natural … it was sent at us! Slowing us down and helping those two salty bilge-rats catch up! Arrr, I hate mages and hate this!!” Red yelled to herself as she moved back to the helm and Nye.

"Hey …. Look at it like this way… It better than boredom," Nye said smiling at Red. Wulf had also joined the two on the quarterdeck.

"Wormwood and Dominator? An alliance?” Red questioned Wulf.

“Possibly. Blade said it it looks to be… it might not be them” Wulf said hopefully.

“It’s the Wormwood and Dominator for sure … and they are getting ready for combat” Blade yelled down from the crow’s nest as if he could hear what Wulf and Red had been saying. Which actually might have been the case, as Blade’s hearing was excellent. Everyone knew that fighting just one of those ships was difficult … but both of them at the same time was impossible. The entire crew was now looking at Red, wondering what they were going to do next.

Red knew she needed to build their confidence back. She got a sly confident smile on her face. She was grinning evilly.

“Wulf let’s show those two grog-snarfing swabbies how real pirates fight!! Bring the ship to battle stations… this battle will be the stuff of legends… even the Hurricane king will be impressed!” Red yelled.
 
Wulf groaned even as he turned and started barking at the crew. "You heard the Capt'n. Battle stations. Look lively about it. We are going to go down in history as the crew who not only defeated the bloody Dominator but the Wormwood and in the same battle. We are going to be legends mates. Songs are going to be written about us and our names will be whispered by every salty dog in every low down dive from here to lands end."

He knew that Red had some hair brained scheme cooking up in her head, and that it would involve him and the rest of the officers. As far as he could tell, their advantages were, Greek fire, Jura's precision aim and the distance he could get with his balista, Jabnil's ability to fly and the speed and maneuverability of the Dragon compared to the two boats they would be fighting against.

They bad points would be that they would be outgunned, outnumbered and judging by last nights storm, possibly they would have at least one mage on board. Sure they would be tired after that effort but still a mage was a mage.

Wulf however had a thought of his own. While the crew got ready he walked up to stand beside Red. "Captain a thought. Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of guardian that swallowed ships whole around here somewhere? Why fight those two if we can lure them towards the guardian and have it do it for us? Sure it may come to a fight but it could be worth a try?"
 
“A worthy thought, Wulf … but the cove is tight and we’d be the first in those waters. I fear the Guardian would eat us first. However, first let us see which ship is fastest. I’ll bet the Scarlet Dragon can outrun those two rust buckets!” Red laughed, than she ordered “ALL SAILS … FULL SPEED AHEAD!!”

The Scarlet Dragon was the fastest ship on the water that was particularly true with the moderate winds available that morning. The ship had a combination of large sails and a shallow draft, which allowed her to outrun most other ships. As all sails were dropped, Red could feel the Scarlet Dragon increase her speed.

“She rides like a spirit, just kissing the waves tops!” She said smiling at Nye and Wulf. “No way, those eel brained, sand crabs on the Wormwood or the Dominator can catch us!”

A few minutes later, Blade yelled down from the crow’s nest “Both ships are closing on us … they are either driven by an amazing lucky drift of wind or it be magical!” Blade informed Red and the others. Everyone knew it was magic.

“I hate Mages!” Red said grumbly. Then she winked at Wulf and said louder with confidence. “However, this is exactly what I was hoping would happen!”

“Continue towards the island and swallow water.” Red ordered. She just hoped they would get there in time.

Nye cleared her throat looking at Red “Captain … do you want to let us all in on your secret plan of battle?” She asked. “Might help us get ready … or make final requests from our favorite gods before we die!”

“I guess now would as good a time as any to tell all of you. I plan to perform the “Gutsy Guy Maneuver" with full sails on” Red said with all-knowing smirk on her face.

“WHAT?” Nye couched out in shock. “You don’t know if the ship will hold up that kind of force. You might ripe the ship apart!” She warned Red.

“The Scarlet Dragon loves me and I love her. She will hold together. I’ll bet my life on it!” Red replied.

Nye said under her breath “and our lives too”

Jura growled from his ballista location. “What is the “Gutsy Guy Maneuver”?” he asked. He was feeling a bit foolish; however most of the crew appreciated his question, not knowing the details of naval combat.

“We let the two large ships chase us … then as they close in from our stern. We shall drop our anchor and when it grabs hold on the reef below … the Scarlet Dragon will turn on, pivot on, that anchor point. She will turn MUCH faster than either of those two ships … If we time it correctly, the Scarlet Dragon will get a free broadside on one or both of them … all fire will be aimed at their rudders. I want to disable both those ships. Then we can attack them at our leisure. Should be pretty simple actually.” Red gloated.

Nye added “The reason it is so gutsy… is that if anything goes wrong, the anchor line breaks, fails to grab hold, the bow snaps off, the timing is wrong … The Scarlet Dragon will be a sitting duck! I’d also like to point out it has NEVER been done at FULL speed before!!!”

“That is why the maneuver will work. They will not be expecting it” Red concluded. “In the meantime prepare for some pestering attack on our stern. Nye change the Scarlet Dragon’s course slightly and randomly every 20-40 seconds. I do not want them to know where to aim their attacks. I want to hold Jabnil and the Greek fire attacks for the right moment.” Red ordered.

“Remember the Scarlet Dragon’s Secret weapons … her prow is made of bronze, so she can ram another ship, her sides are copper plated for protection. She has fire arrows and chain shot and the figurehead is able to blast Greek fire out of it. So those two bastards behind us are in for a few surprises!”

As she finished talking a catapult shot splashed in the water behind them. It had been magically aim.

"Oh and any ideals about how to kill that F'ing mage ... are welcome!" Red yelled in frustration.
 
Blade

As usual Red was her crazy self, he didn't think that he could ever settle for another woman, not after knowing Red this long, not after having a taste of her heart...and a few other places as well. He grinned like a mad man as he looked at their pursuers. He had a plan.

He jumped over the side of the crow's nest, swung to the deck and landed running...towards his cabin. He emerged a few moments later wearing the black vest he had worn when he went out to "seduce" Captain Inkskin. The sheathes filled with his pride and joy.

"Cap'n Red! Get me close enough to that Mage and it will be history!"
 
The Scarlet Dragon was violently zigzagging as more magically guided catapult shots came flying in. The Dominator had caught up to the Wormwood and added her firepower to the pestering attacks. Nye was flipping helm back and forth trying to outmaneuver the incoming rounds. So far Red had not given the order to return fire.

“Wulf … when we capture those two scurvy-infested bilge rats, Captain Harrigan, and Captain Runario shall we keel haul them? I have never ordered that before and it seems appropriate and nautical!” Red asked Wulf as if there was not a care in the world as she grabbed Blade's arm for support as the ship heeled over again.

Wulf grabbed the ship’s side railing as the ship swung over in the opposite direction again to avoid another catapult shot. “Captain, that pox-faced blowfish Harrigan can be keel hauled, but Captain Runario is pretty fat. Not sure we have enough rope to get her under the keel.”

“Aye … I see your point. She is fat but very strong, or so I’ve been told. Well, we’ll figure out a proper death for her when the time comes.” Red replied as a catapult shot grazed the side of the stern.

“They are getting closer … Shall we return fire?” Wulf asked.

“Wulf … I believe you are correct. Let’s send those Lily-livered swine to their doom. Return fire, focus on their sails and use our Greek fire!” Red ordered

A big smile appeared on Wulf’s face. “It shall be me pleasure. Both Aft Batteries … FIRE!!”

Both aft trainable catapults launched burning barrels of Greek fire at the two chasing ships. Both scored direct hits on the sails of the two ships. Oddly however, the Greek fire went out as soon as it hit the sails of both ships. It was as if there was a protection spell on the sails.

“I HATE MAGES!!” Red yelled. “Aim for their hulls!”

Wulf nodded and ordered the catapult teams to fire again. Two more barrels broke open on the bows of both ships and again the fire went out as soon as it touched the wood of the bow. The Greek fire which landed on the sailors near the bow however continued to burn. The orcs sailors screamed in pain and panicked. They started to run around on the deck, screaming for help. A few fellow shipmates drove swords through their hearts and killed them. A common orcs form of help. Wulf noticed something else ... he saw that the flammable catapult ammunition also continued to burn until a quick thinking gunner’s mate threw a rag over the fire and smothered it, saving the ammunition.

The Dominator and Wormwood returned catapult shots. This time they were too accurate for Nye to avoid. They scored hits on the stern of Scarlet Dragon. The heavy rocks crashed through the Captain’s cabin windows and smashed Red’s desk and dresser.

“These magical spells are ruining my good mood” Red joked then she became serious and whispered to Blade “Blade, you need to figure out a way to killed those mages or we’re in deep shit!!”
 
Wulf began to think hard. They needed some way to stop those bloody catapults firing or they would soon be turned into splinters despite the excellent sailing by the crew and Nye. Looking back he scanned the ships with his telescope and caught sight of both captains standing near their helmsman urging their crews on and then two other people dressed oddly very similar.

They were not the same height, same sex or even the same race, but the way they carried themselves, looked around and the colors of their clothing were just to similar to be a coincidence. He knew they had to be the mages they sought. What he could do with this information at the moment he did not know. What he needed was a plan to stop the catapults.

Again he looked closely at where he had seen the ammunition starting to burn and saw how it was stacked. He checked the other ship and sure enough both ships had their forward ammunition out on deck to make firing at the Dragon easier. The beginnings of a plan began to roll around in his head and he started to smile.

"Mr Jura, get that big ballista of yours to the stern with a Brace of Greek Fire bolts and get someone to bring the second most powerful one as well. I have a job for you."

He took off and was soon looking back at the chasing ships with his naked eyes. It would take an amazing shot and a lot of luck just to hit the closest ship the Wormwood. To hit the Dominator seemed all but impossible. Yet Wulf knew Jura could make the shots with ease. The problem was both shots needed to be made at the same time. Once one saw what had happened aboard the other then one mage could ward against it and they would loose their advantage. Wulf was the only other person on board who had the strength enough to make the shot. He just hoped he had the skill.

Jura arrived with everything and Wulf smiled at the big beast as he filled him in. "The jobs easy my friend. We are going to aim at that small pile of black powder ammunition on the bow of the ship near the fo'ward catapult and blow it up with Greek fire. It should kill the crew, destroy the catapult and if we are lucky maybe cripple the ship. At the least it will stop the twice damned scum sucking weevils from firing at us."

Smiling Wulf clapped him on the back and pointed at the Dominator. "So what do you think. Can you hit it?"
 
Blade

He stood there listening to the two craziest people he had ever known. Their plans could work, but he knew he had to improve their chances. A bow, that was the answer to his immediate dilemma. He left Red's side and searched for a bow, he found one among the boarding gear. Picking up six arrows, he shouldered the bow and clambered back to his crow's nest.

Pegging five of the arrows into the wood of the mast, he used a bit of twine to affix one of the daggers to an arrow, then he unshouldered the bow, notched the arrow and had a good, hard look at their pursuers. Having acquired a target, he drew, aimed then adjusted for the extra weight of the dagger and fired the arrow.

It streaked up into the air, arched at the zenith and fell sharply, only to hit the deck two feet short of the scarlet robe of the mage. He grinned, drew another arrow and affixed a dagger to it. Again he aimed and fired, this time the mage was ready and fired a ball of fire at the incoming arrow. The flames disintegrated the arrow, but not the dagger, which struck true.

"Domintor is open for attack!"

A rocke came whistling passed him, they seemed to have realized his plan now and decided that he is a bigger threat, but he also knew just how tough a target he was, even for a magic wielder.

He readied an arrow, drew and fired, he could actually see how a sailor pushed the mage out of the way and taking the dagger to his own heart.

"Fucking land loving cunt! I will kill you and rape your fucking grand mother!"

He fixed another arrow, aimed and fired, the mage tried to use fire on the arrow as well, but the blade struck him in the cheek, not killing him, but hurting him enough, "NOW Jura!! NOW!!"
 
Jura heard Blade yell and took careful aim and fired, hearing Wulf do the same beside him. Both of them reloaded and had time to do so and look to see how their shots had fared. Both missed, but not by much and several crew members rushed to put the flames out.

Jura aimed again and fired, while beside him Wulf took extra time then fired. Jura's bolt arrived first dead on target and the large pile of ammunition was suddenly engulfed in flames. The crew members switched their efforts to those flames but quickly realized the futility and ran screaming. With a loud Whoomph, the black powder went up and the rocks gathered there where thrown across the deck and skyward causing major damage to limbs but minor damage to the ship. However the forward gun was destroyed as it too caught alight. The crew had just evacuated in time and were now busy fighting the fire. That would keep them busy for a long time.

On the Wormwood, Wulf had been able to hit a part of the stack but that was all that was needed. The Greek fire spread across the pile and deck and the flames greedily licked at the black powder until they reached the powder kegs. As with the Dominator the explosion was spectacular but a somewhat smaller. They still lost their forward gun and some unlucky crew members who had failed to get out of the way in time.

Both large men grinned at each other then made their way back to midship, Jura returning to his post and putting his Balista back in it's cradle while Wulf handed his back to a crewman so it could be similarly placed.

"Forward guns taken care of Capt'n. There will be no more fire from those twice damned, yellow bellied, sea scum. There all riled up as well and the Dominator has lost it's mage and the Wormwood's is injured and maybe dead by now thanks to Blade. Your plan is looking better and better. Now we just have to pull it off," he grinned.
 
The heroic actions of Wulf, Blade and Jura had temporarily saved the Scarlet Dragon from further damage from the two powerful, chasing warships. But the saving was only temporary as the warships continued to close on the Scarlet Dragon.

“How can they be closing on us?” Red asked Nye in frustration. The Scarlet Dragon no longer needed to sail in a zigzag pattern, so the ship should have been pulling away.

“Despite the dead mages, the magic wind is still pushing them faster.” Nye concluded.

“Let me check how close we are to the shallows” Red told Nye.

Red walked to the side railing and looked at the island before them. The Island had lush jungles, underlined by exquisite stretches of white sand beaches. Before the beaches was the emerald green water. The whole scene had a feeling of unspoiled natural beauty about it. Red stared down, directly into the water, she could see reefs and underwater rock formations below the Scarlet Dragon. But she knew it was hard to tell the actual depth, when the water was so clear.

She glanced back at the chasing ships. They were much closer, but they still had some time. It was safest to wait as long as possible. Then Red saw Luccaria appear topside on the Dominator. The woman looked pissed. Red had never met the evil sorceress before, but there was such an overwhelming sense of evil power about her, Red knew it was now or never.

There are many dangers to which those who lead a seafaring life are exposed; storms, sea monsters, waterspout, enemy warships, running aground, to name just a few. But of all the perils to which a ship is exposed, a reckless captain is the greatest. This is because a good captain can mitigate many of the dangers a ship may be exposed too, while a reckless captain can cause disaster to occur. Red knew this and she also knew the result of this battle … either a sorrowful tale, or brilliant tactical success, would depend on her timing.

She turned to Nye, waited half a second, and said simply “Drop the starboard anchor”

“Drop the starboard anchor” Nye ordered the forward boatswain's mate as she spun the helm of the Scarlet Dragon hard to starboard.

“HOLD FAST” Red yelled as the anchor chain grew taut and the Scarlet Dragon heel over wildly. The forward wood members of the ship groaned from the strain, creaking loudly … but they held!! The bow pulled hard to starboard with the help of the anchor and the speed of the turn was jaw dropping. Everyone on the ship grabbed something as the ship turned wildly.

Both Captain Harrigan and Captain Runario had expected some surprise from Red … but not this surprise. Captain Harrigan was caught completely by surprise and being the lead ship had almost no time to react. He screamed “SHE TURNING TO STARBOARD … PREPARE TO FIRE STARBOARD SIDE BATTERIES!!” The crew scrambled to prepare and aim their weapons. “FIRE …. FIRE …. FIREEEEEEEEEEEE” Captain Harrigan yelled. But only a few batteries fired and all missed the Scarlet Dragon. The gunners mate just did not have enough time to prepare and aim their weapons properly.

Captain Runario and The Dominator had made a better choice. Captain Runario ordered the ship hard to starboard when she saw the Scarlet Dragon start to turn. She knew that would allow the Dominator to get a board side on the Scarlet Dragon. Of course, the Scarlet Dragon would also have a board side on the Dominator, but the Dominator had far more weapons, so that was an acceptable risk.

The Scarlet Dragon was also having problems. Red plan was to sail astern both ships and thus the starboard side broadside would knock out the rudders of the Wormwood and the Dominator. But the ways things were working out, the Dominator’s turn just prevent that from happening. Also the Scarlet Dragon was turning so fast, Red had misjudged the turn. Presently the Scarlet Dragon would not go astern the Wormwood … but she was headed right at the Wormwood!

“Prepare for RAMMING” Red yelled as moments later the Scarlet Dragon SMASHED into the Wormwood directly amidships! The bronze bow on the Scarlet Dragon did its job perfectly and cut a massive hole in the side of the Wormwood.

At about the same time the Scarlet Dragon’s main batteries fired. At this range, they could not miss the Wormwood. The fire was so intense that the mainmast broke in half and fell overboard. Scores of crew members were blasted or swept off the top side decks of the ship into the sea.

But the Scarlet Dragon was not done yet. Jura pressed the levers on the Scarlet Dragon maidenhead and Greek fire sprayed out of the Dragon’s mouth and all over the sails of the Wormwood. But the magic protection still worked and prevented any serious damage from occurring.

In frustration Jura yelled “TAKE THIS!!” and he pulled the two hinge pins out of the maidenhead. The Dragon figure bent over and crashed into the hold of the Wormwood. Jura pressed the levers again and this time the Dragonhead’s Greek fire sprayed out below the main decks of the Wormwood. It looked like the dragon was puking into the hold of the Wormwood. With no magical protection below decks, a massive fire was started. The Wormwood would sink or burn to the waterline from the massive damage it had just suffered unless something was done within minutes. On the bad new side, the Scarlet Dragon was no entangled with the Wormwood.

Captain Harrigan knew there was no hope for his ship. So he knew what he must do. “Crew” He yelled “Board the Scarlet Dragon … ATTACK … we must take the Scarlet Dragon … or we are all swimming!!” He ordered. He leapt on to the bow of the Scarlet Dragon and came face to face with a smiling Blade.

“TIME TO DIE MUTINEER!” He screamed and swung his cutlass at Blade’s smiling face. Captain Barnabas Harrigan was a huge man with skin of a deep brown color like fertile earth. He had a shaved head, and a braided beard trimmed. This would be no simple fight for Blade as Captain Harrigan was skilled and clearly more powerful!

What about the Dominator?

Captain Runario watched as the Scarlet Dragon rammed the Wormwood and become entangled. She smiled to herself. “This will be TOO easy!” she said to herself.

“Come about and sink both those ships!” She ordered her first mate.

“But Captain, the Wormwood is our ally?” The first mate said.

“Not anymore … sink them BOTH!” Captain Runario yelled. “I SHALL BE THE GOVERNOR OF SHACKLE … CAPTAIN HARRIGAN ONCE YOU ARE DEAD!!! AND CAPTAIN RED … THIS IS PAYBACK FOR YOUR NIGHT ATTACK ON MY SHIP … YOU WHORE … SLUTTTTTTTTTTTT” She screamed at the Wormwood and Scarlet Dragon.

It was really too bad Captain Runario was yelling so much, because at that same time her crew was trying to warn her about another ship which had suddenly appeared, coming from around an out cropping of land, of the Island shoreline.

It was the Bonadventure, with Captain Merrill Pegworthy, personally at the helm!

“FIRE ALL BATTERIES, AIM AT HER RUDDER!!!” Captain Merrill Pegworthy ordered.

The Bonadventure weapons ripped into the stern of the Dominator. The much larger ship felt the attack and its accuracy. The whole ship shook from the catapult fire and ballista impacts. More importantly, the rudder was unshipped, the tiller tore off the quarterdeck housing, and water rushed a new hole in the stern of the Dominator.

Without an ability to steer, the Dominator could not get a majority of her weapons on the Wormwood or the Scarlet Dragon. In fact, the Dominator was headed right at the two entangled ships. Unfortunately, this geometry problem did not apply to the Bonadventure, which slipped past the larger ship’s stern and was exposed to the Dominator’s portside weapons.

“DESTORY THAT SHIP” Captain Runario yelled. The Dominator fired a massive counter attack at the Bonadventure. By this time, the Dominator’s crew had time to prepare and aim. The Bonadventure was blasted with three directed hits and numerous ballista strikes. The foremast was blast off the ship and went over the side. Deck clearing shots killed twelve of Captain Pegworthy crew. The screams of numerous other injured could be heard even on the Scarlet Dragon.

Red knew the Bonadventure could not take another attack of that magnitude. “FIRE!!” she yelled. The Scarlet Dragons batteries hammered the Dominator, but it was clearly not enough to change the coming battle. Luckily, The Dominator was now close enough to board.

Red ordered “ALL BOARDING PARTIES … ATTACK THE DOMINATOR”

There was no way the Scarlet Dragon boarding parties could take the Dominator, the ship was too large and had too many crew members. But an attack would prevent The Dominator from firing on the Bonadventure again.

There were just three problems with Red tactic. 1) Commander Kain, the best swordman in the Shackles, and his marines were waiting for the boarding parties. 2) The sorcerous Luccaria was ready too and 3) there were only a handful of crew members, Nye, Jura, and Blade remaining on the Scarlet Dragon to fight off the Wormwood boarding attacks!

Jabnil

The moment Luccaria had walked top side on the Dominator, Jabnil had seen and felt the woman’s presence. The fallen Angel knew what she must do and launched herself into the air. The first mate on the Wormwood, Jakaw Razorbeak, had been given orders by Captain Harrigan to launch into the air as soon as Jabnil did. Now above the entangled ships, Jabnil and Jakaw Razorbeak fought.
 
Blade

Blade still wore the black leather vest, but he had two kindjal daggers in his hands and dodged under Harrigan's attack and disemboweled two sailors who tried to enter the fray with their captain. He grinned at Harrigan, "You're old and slow Cap'n Hairy chin. You will have to work hard to kill me."

He laughed as he danced out of reach, met a cutlass with one dagger and struck out with the 17" blade in his other hand, killing another sailor. But that cost him, he had to parry Harrigan's next attack and the bigger man almost drove him to the railing of the deck, but at the last moment he managed to twist free. The backward swipe from Harrigan caught him on the back of his left shoulder, drawing a fiery line along his skin, blood welling up immediately. Harrigan grinned and came at Blade again, but Blade snuck just out of reach, or would dodge in close, forcing Harrigan to defend himself as the blades flashed out at him.

Sailors tried to intervene every few moments, seeing the blood on Blade's back and thinking him an easy target, only to reel away hurt or slump to the deck dead.
 
Wulf heard the order to board the Dominator and it caught him by surprise. He had just managed to arrange his men to repel boarders from the Wormwood and now he was being asked to take some of them to attack the most heavily armed and crewed ship on the seas. Still orders were orders and he trusted Red had a good reason for them.

He ordered the rearmost crew members to fall back and follow him to the other railing. Once there he saw the large ship bearing down on them, but noticed it seemed to be concerned with another ship close to it. Squinting he made out the shape of the Bonadventure and his eyes widened. Damn, no wonder Red wanted him to board them. they were firing almost point blank at the poor luckless crew and they were being decimated.

"Right men this is going to be a hit and run attack.We are buying enough time for the Bonadventure to get out of range and nothing more. Go for the gun crews, Kill if you can or disable either the guns or the crew itself, then retreat."

He wasted no more time and led the attack. Already he could see the crews getting ready for another round of firing and he rushed forward to the nearest weapon. The other men spread out, silently running along the deck and then striking. They had the advantage of surprise as all the concentration was on the Bonadventure, but several crew members had been alert. Sounds of conflict raged aboard the ship as his men set about their work, but the ship did not fire again and the Bonadventure sailed past and out of range.

Wulf caved in the heads of three men on the ballista he had run to before they had even registered he was there, and by the time they had turned and started to draw their weapons he had dispatched another two. The last man thought better of it and ran and Wulf had a moment to observe what was going on. Most of the men had completed their mission and were retreating quickly, but one group was stranded near the stern and fighting bravely.

Wulf ran towards them and crashed into the attackers from the rear, clearing a path for his men with wide sweeps of his warhammer, Step by step they gave ground as they made for their own ship. Several of them were injured and two had already been left behind dead. Then Wulf saw kain striding up as the men parted to allow him through.

Damn he had been hoping that bilge rat would have been too busy to join in the fighting. Say what you would about the Scurvy poxed knave, he was an excellent swordsman. There was only one thing for it. "You men run for it, I will hold off Kaine. He and I have a score to settle anyway." Striding forward he launched a strike at the big man he knew would be avoided then quickly reversed it and came at his ribs. He barely avoided it and Wulf saw new found respect in the man's eyes.

"You men stand fast, The Barbarian is mine," he barked out.

Wulf smiled. It was exactly what he had hoped would happen. His men would be able to get away and all he had to do was survive. As Kaine launched a series of attacks he barely dodged or blocked his smile turned into a look of concentration. Yeah survive he thought. Easier said than done.
 
Some music to set the mood!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mB8verLK8
When you have a series of problems you should tackle them one at a time.

Problem #1: Jabnil vs Jakaw Razorbeak

Jabnil took off and with only a few flaps of her wings she was high above the Scarlet Dragon. Her eyes were focused on the evil sorcerous Luccaria.

“Time for a dive bombing run!” Jabnil said to herself as she pulled out both of her magical swords. She was preparing for a high speed attack on Luccaria. However, above and slightly behind her was Jakaw Razorbeak. The avian humanoid, who looked like a cross between a human and a crow, he already had both his swords out and had them pointed a Jabnil’s back. He did not need the swords as weapons. He normally used his beak and talons to kill. But he had been warned she was a very good fighter, and the swords would end the battle quickly.

“Pardon me … I do not want to be sententious or display infelicity, but there is a Tengus about to transfix you with two swords!” The golden sword said.

“BEHIND YOU, YOU STUPID CUNT!” The silver sword yelled

Jabnil was able to twist sideway just enough so the two swords thrusted in front of her belly and behnd her back. The crowman knew he had missed and tried to use his beak to bite at Jabnil. But Jabnil sword arm moved faster and the hilt of her sword smashed the Tengus’ head away.

Jakaw Razorbeak had a hard head, but the blow still stunned him for a moment. Jabnil put both her feet on his chest and shoved him away. This resulted in both of them tumbling through the air in opposite directions. By the time Jabnil had recovered to level flight, Jakaw was behind her again and trying to get close enough to stab her.

There are five main things you should contemplate before you start an aerial engagement. 1) Know where the attacker is. 85% of all kills are attributed to the attacker killing the defender without ever being seen first. 2) Understand the limitations of the attacker, such as his speed- to-weight ratio, wing loading, and the "corner speed", turn radius, turn rate, and the speed of his flight. 3) Position of yourself & your enemy to include direction of flight, angle off tail (the angle between flight paths), and speed. 4) Know where other flyers are and 5) know the local terrain features and air currents.

Jabnil had failed on all 5 when the air to air battle began. She had not seen the attacker, did not know his capabilities or his position, if there were others flyers around and nothing about locate air currents. She was lucky she was still alive. However, with a few seconds available to her, she glanced about and saw no other flyers around. Feeling the Tengus getting closer, Jabnil pulled in her wings and sped towards the ground.

“Wench … don’t run away, the lads and I want to plunder yer booty … until you join Davey Jones locker!!!!” Jakaw squawked behind Jabnil. Jabnil flew dangerously close to the mizzenmast (3rd mast) of the Dominator and stuck her sword out. The sword cut through the rigging on the upper spar attached to the mizzenmast. With no support the spar fell to the deck of the large ship almost crushing Luccaria.

“Darn … I missed” Jabnil said to herself as Jakaw was closing in. “Barrel roll” She said to Jakaw as she performed the classic aerial. Jakaw had no idea what the strange human that looked like an angel was talking about. But he tried to stay behind her as Jabnil rolled and loop at the same time. Jabnil was above and behind Jakaw before he knew what had happened. But as Jabnil closed in for the kill, Jakaw flipped over and flew inverted, his swords blocking Jabnil’s attacks.

However, Jabnil actually had a different plan for Jakaw than killing him with her swords. The two traded sword attacks and blocks, until Jabnil waited for just the right moment and let Jakaw knock her golden sword from her hand.

“Stupid cunt … you can't even fight properly!” Jakaw bragged.

“You are right I can’t” Jabnil said with a naughty smile on her face as her free hand grabbed Jakaw's sword arm and guided his flight right into the mast of the Scarlet Dragon. Like most avians, tengus have hollow bones, as Jakaw hit the mast, his right wing, arm and leg were shattered upon impact. Jabnil let go of him as he plunged to the deck of Scarlet Dragon, where more of his bones were broken.

“One down … One to go” Jabnil said to herself as she banked around towards the quarterdeck of Wormwood. Her golden sword was there; stuck in the deck, point first, sticking straight up.
 
Last edited:
Captain Barnabas Harrigan

Captain Harrigan was frustrated and angry. Blade had escaped his attacks and while doing so had killed some of his crew! The captain had been in plenty of fights and knew not to let his frustrate get the better of him. But he also knew he needed to try something different.

“Crew of Wormwood … stand aside … I'll be the one to cut this pox-faced bilge-rat!!” He yelled to his crew nearby. Then he turned to Blade.

“Blade, ye be a mutinous swine and I shall be sending you to Davey Jones locker. But before I do, I want you to know … when I offered Curtis 'Grim Reaper' Salvodor, the first mate position on my ship, I had one demand. He needed to let me fuck his little slave girl, Red.” He grinned evilly at Blade. Blade had a surprised and shocked look on his face, as Harrigan revealed his information.

“Aye … ye grog-snarfing blowfish, I fucked her right good. I hurt her so bad … she’ll never want to fuck another man. So I ruined that little slut … Now … PREPARE FOR YE DOOM!!” Harrigan yelled as he rushed at Blade. His cutlass strikes were powerful and direct. He had fought dodging fighters before, and knew once he could get them blocking his more powerful attacks, he could defeat them.

Commander Kyan Kain

Commander Kain was in his masterwork full plate magical enhanced armor once again. He knew he could defeat Wulf and he knew he could do it easily. He was the better fighter, had the better weapons and had the better armor. In fact his armor was so good at protecting him, even if Wulf’s war hammer made it through his sword parries, the weapon would bounce off his armor. The fight was a forgone conclusion, he would win.

After he killed Wulf, his detachment of shock troop orc marines would board Red’s ship and kill everyone on it. The battle would quickly come to an end. Commander Kain was so arrogant in his total confidence that this battle was over before it started he ordered his men to watch as he defeated Wulf.

“You silly Barbarian, I defeated you once and I shall defeat you again. Make it easy on yourself and drop your weapon. I shall make "the kill" quick.” Kain suggested in over confidence.

Wulf laughed “I was about to suggest the same thing to you” Wulf replied.

“Ok” Kain answered, surprising Wulf. The commander dropped his guard and Wulf took a great swing and slammed his hammer right into Kain’s helm. Wulf had hoped the crushing blow to Kain's head would be fatal. However, his hammer bounced off the magical armor and the recoiled. Wulf stumbling backward two steps from the recoil.

Kain laughed “Your weapon is useless … give up!” He suggested as he rushed forward attacking with skill and deadly accuracy. Wulf was in real trouble!! After a series of parries, Wulf's hammer smashed into Kain’s armor and bounced off and into the deck of the Dominator. Kain kicked out with his armored foot and Wulf had no choice but release his hold on the war hammer or have his arms broken.

Kain laughed “Now you will die!” he yelled as he thrust his sword forward right at Wulf!

Gruntel Kilmore and Silver tooth

Two minor characters you might have forgotten about. But Gruntel Kilmore was the Wharf Rat from Westcrown that joined Red’s crew during battle with the Dominator in the lagoon of Albatross Island. He saved Silver Tooth life during the fight. The two had used a gang plank from the Scarlet Dragon to form a temporary bridge to a small port hole on the Dominator. They both silently moved across the plank and were about to enter the Dominator.

“Ye sure this will work” Silver Tooth asked Gruntel as he pulled out his dagger.

“As sure as The Kraken can pull down ships to Davey Jones locker! Remember, I was a crewmember on this ship!” Gruntel said back as the two enter the Dominator below her main deck.

Red

Red grabbed a line and swung over to the Dominator’s Quarterdeck. She landed in front of Captain Runario. Captain Runario had her sword out and was waiting for her. So were her other officers. The heavyset but powerful human woman pushed her wavy black hair from her sneering face.

“Wow … you are chubby!” Red said to Captain Runario. “For Your health have you considered a low fat diet? It has done wonders for me.”

This statement only got Captain Runario more angry. “It is going to be my pleasure to cut those big tits off your chest and make you eat them!!!” Captain Runario, whose nickname was Ballcruncher for what she did to male prisoners, yelled.

“Well I guess you can’t crush my balls … I don’t have any. But what will your new nickname be? Boob cutter … that just does not sound right” Red joked as Captain Runario rushed forward and traded sword attacks with Red. The sparks from the clashes flew through the air. Red was impressed at the strength of Captain Runario’s blows. She might be fat, but she was strong!

Jabnil

Jabnil circled around and got ready to grab her golden sword on the quarterdeck of the wormwood, when the fire below deck on that ship cause the main mast to topple. It smashed into the quarterdeck, sending the sword catapulting into the air, spinning wildly. The sword flew towards the Dominator, as the beacon gasped “I’m pendulating!!”

To Wulf’s total surprise, just as he thought he was about to die, a golden, magical sword landed in his hand and he used it to block Kain’s sword thrust.

The Beacon spoke to Commander Kain “The impresarios of you sword skills, in my opinion are soporific and appositive."
 
Wulf quickly got over his shock as he recognized the weapon. This was Jabnils sword, ahh what did she call it, Lightbringer. He smiled as he realized certain other things about it as well. This was the sword of an Angel and he was sure it was magical. While he might not be able to call forth it's magical powers it was still imbued with certain magical properties of it's own that he was sure that just by holding it he was able to take advantage of and one of them was the ability to negate other magics.

He was pretty sure he had seen Jabnil cut through magical armor before and if not what was the worst that could happen? He had trained with a sword as all pirates did. In fact he had trained with a hell of a lot of weapons. You never knew when you were going to loose your favorite and just what you were going to pick up.

He struck out at Kain and found out just how well balanced and light the sword was. It seemed to dance in his large hand and even seemed to be guiding him somewhat, improving his skills. He let his body flow along as he aimed at where he wanted the blow to go, but allowed the sword to guide the strike. It was like a dance and although a little sloppy at first he soon got the rhythm.

Kaine meanwhile was having serious trouble. At first he had tried to simply batter his way through, relying on his strength and his armor to protect him. Then Wulf had scored a hit on his upper arm, the blade sinking straight through his Plate mail like it wasn't even there and burying itself into his shoulder.

He was lucky it had not been deep and he had jumped back in surprise, his eyes widening in panic. He had thought to run but he could not back down now. Wulf had laughed at him and the sword had sung out. "Why the Knave is contemplating retroceding before us."

Wulf was not sure what that meant but it sounded like Kain was trying to get away so he pressed the attack. Still no matter how good he was he could not get passed his defense enough. Wulf had sustained a few small cuts and inflicted some decent jabs of his own but nothing either of them had to worry about. If this continued Kaine would soon order his Orcs forward and Damn the loss of face.

"Dear boy why don't you simply cause one to extend exponentially?" asked Lightbringer.

Wulf looked down in puzzlement and grunted a simple "What?"

"Ahh to put it in Laymans terms as my partner would say, 'Ask me to Grow you stupid Prick'."

Wulf was startled then smiled. he looked up at Kaine with a look of glee in his eyes and called out softly. "Then grow to Great sword size then if you please."

Where he had been holding a simple long sword, Wulf now held a giant two handed great sword almost as big as himself, golden hued in color. Kaine barely had time to mutter, "Shit," before he swung it in a level arc and his head went rolling along the deck.

His body stood for several seconds before it fell and started pumping blood out onto the deck, the heart not yet realizing it was no longer needed. Wulf stood grinning at the orc warriors and gestured them forward. "Right, who's next?"
 
Blade

Harrigan had planned it perfectly. But then again, Blade was not born yesterday and he had fought a lot of battles with Harrigan, so he also knew the way the man moved. But that jibe, it did not really hurt Blade, he was just so surprised that Harrigan would bring it up. Of course he knew about it, he had followed Red for years, he knew all the men who had their wicked ways with her. So he blocked Harrigan's attacks, drawing the bigger man in, he caught the blade on his own, allowed it to slide along the edge as he dodged into the motion, exposing Harrigan's flank and driving his blade into the captain's side...

Only to have the dagger disintegrate on contact, leaving him with only the handle. OK he didn't see that one coming, he did see the elbow driving for his face, he ducked, his dagger up and slicing into the tunic sleeve, exposing the enchanted Mithril chain mail underneath. He slipped out of attack range and eyed the crafty captain. "You know Cap'n, I always took you for a crafty one, but you forgot one thing about me."

He dropped the useless handle and drew one of the silver blades from his vest, Harrigan's eyes widened slightly, he knew what the blades were and what they could do. But to back down would cost him more than what it would cost him to take on the odds. He grinned widely, "I don't forget Blade, you are going to join that tight little gash in the Locker."

He came forward, attacking with brute force, Blade threw the knife, but not where Harrigan would have expected. The silver knife struck the bigger man in the knee, making him howl in pain, he lost his balance and fell forward. In that same instance, three more blades whistled towards him, striking him in the chest, the face and throat. The magical barrier unable to stop the magical blades, Blade drew another dagger and grinned at the stunned crew of the Wormwood, "So...who is next?"
 
Red

Red was happy to see that Captain Runario had one weakness; she did not move as well as Red. Red leapt at the bigger woman as their blades crashed into each other. Each Captain traded feints, thrusts and parries, Captain Runario had no trouble matching Red attacks, but she basically stood in one spot and waited for Red to attack.

Another advantage Red had was how angry Captain Runario was getting. Red’s confidence and lack of concern was driving the fatter Captain crazy.

“Captain Runario has anyone told you … A fat pirate is a vast matey.” Red asked as their swords clashed.

“I’m going to cut your tongue out … so I don’t have to listen to any more of your FUCKING PUNS!!” Captain Runario screamed.

“Fat chance that will ever happen!” Red giggled making another pun

Red leapt forward again, their blades flashed and rung again. When suddenly, Red grabbed a bottle of wine that was near the helm with her free hand and threw it at Captain Runario. Runario ducked the wine bottle as it smashed into the side railing.

“Hey … that was expensive liquor!!” Runario barked.

“Oh stop your whining!” Red giggled, which only made Runario madder. There seemed to be a lot of liquor near the helm, Red noticed.

Captain Runario had some tricks of her own, however. She reached into a small brown bag on her waist belt and grabbed a hand full of powder. She flung it at the other pirate captain. Red ducked behind the helm, but some of the powder got into her eyes, and suddenly she could not see.

Captain Runario laughed “You are blind Bitch … so you are not looking so good.” Making a pun herself.

Red could not see at all, so she needed to buy some time to figure out what to do. She criticized back to Captain Runario “That was an awful pun, if you are going to do puns at least put some effort into them!”

“Drop your sword and put your hands up in the air. It is the only way for you to stay alive” Captain Runario growled.

Red laughed and said “The powder was a good trick… Well done! But this sword duel is not over yet!”

She leapt over the helm and exploded forward toward Captain Runario. Again trading blows with her as they dance around the quarter deck. Neither one scored a direct hit on the other. Runario could not figure out how Red was still fighting so well, without her sight. Had she watched Red more carefully, she would have noticed Lennix, her lizard, squeezed Red’s shoulder as he hung on. Lennix was being Red’s eyes, using his claws to tell the busty red-haired pirate where Captain Runario was attacking. Captain Runario did not move around too much, so that helped too.

The fight continued in spectacular fashion with Red dancing on the railing of the ship avoid Captain Runario sword blows. Lennix gave her a double squeeze at just the right moment, and Red knew to kick out with her leg. Her foot caught Captain Runario right in her face. The powerful kick caused Runario to drop her sword. The sword stabbed into the quarterdeck behind her.

“KILL HER!!” Captain Runario yelled to the officers near her as she stumbled backwards. The four quarterdeck officers rushed at Red, who was now back on the deck. Red side stepped the first two which caused them to stab each other in their chests. Then Red just flipped over them as the next two attacked. Lennix communicated both their attacks and Red was able to parry the sword thrusts. Then she did what she does best, counterattack. Based upon where she parried their attacks, she swung low and fast. The speed and angle was prefect and the two remaining men to crumple to the deck, dead. The engagement had happened quickly, but not quick enough.

Captain Runario had regained her sword and stated “AHH now I have you, Captain Red” She rushed forward as did Red. The move was well timed. Red barely had time to parry Captain Runario attack. Red was off balanced and after powerful collision of swords, she fell to the deck. She was flat on her back and worse still Lennix had fallen off her shoulder. She was in big trouble and knew Captain Runario had a huge advantage. She needed something distract Captain Runario before it was all over. So she reached out to grab something to throw at Captain Runario. But what she found was too heavy. She thought was a metal helmet from one of the fallen officers. So she slammed it on her head and rolled to her right. Runario’s sword strike missing her by inches, but there was no second strike as Captain Runario started to laugh wildly.

Red suddenly understood she was not wearing a helmet. It was a jug filled with rum. She could not breathe as there was too much rum in the jug. She got up and tried to pull the jug off her head. But it was too tight.

“I could kill you … but watching suffocate it far more amusing.” Captain Runario gloated. Red stopped struggling and ran full tilt at the voice of Captain Runario. Captain Runario was not ready for it. Red grappled with the fat woman and managed to grab Captain Runario hands.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU, STUPID CUNT, YOU CAN’T HURT ME BOTH YOUR HANDS ARE HOLDING MINE!” Captain Runario stated with confidence.

Red knew this was it. She would die soon and never be with her friends again, Nye, Jabnil, Jura, and the ever loyal Wulf. Her mind saw Blade’s face. She would miss him the most. Then she had a flashback to something Blade had once told her. They had been discussing fighting and he told her “Everything can be a weapon even a jug of rum when use it in the right way.” An idea hit her, she might die, but she was going to take Captain Fat Ass with her. She would hold nothing back, all the hatred she had for slavers, the Chexains, Captain Harrigan came out. She started to head butt Captain Runario. Red went crazy with anger, headbutting Captain Runario over and over. Each blow got harder and harder. She could hear bones breaking and flesh ripping as she continued to smash her face into Captain Runario face. Her final blow was so hard it caused the jug of rum to pop off her head. She gasped for breathe as she opened her eyes, her vision had returned. Captain Runario lay dead next to her. Red had head-butted her to death. Captain Runario whole head caved in, in gruesome fashion.

Red got to her feet as Lennix returned to her shoulder. She growled "Right, who's next?" There was no one else on the quarterdeck.

Nye, Jura

Nye, Jura, and the small remaining contingent of crew members fought off the Wormwood attack. This was done mainly by preventing any boarding planks from being placed across the gap between the two ships. Nye was very effective using all of her many tentacles to frustrate the Wormwood attackers. The wormwood attackers were determined however and this naturally led them to the use of the Scarlet Dragon’s maidenhead as a boarding plank. Nevertheless, Jura was standing on the neck of the dragon fighting with his recently acquired sickles. Body parts came rolling back to the Wormwood from failed attacks.

The historically, the fortunes in a battle have change after the death of a leader. The battle of The Scarlet Dragon and Bonadventure against the Wormwood and Dominator exemplified this axiom. It was at this moment that Blade killed Captain Harrigan. There was a strange pause in the battle. The wormwood crew looked at Jura and Nye and the defenders and then looked at each other. No words were spoken, but suddenly the remaining crew members of the wormwood all put their weapons away and the last officer stepped forward “Parley?” he asked.

“Yes … fight for us and we’ll treat you fairly” Nye stated. The crewmembers ran across the dragon neck bridge as Jura stepped aside. When the last one was across, in a dramatic display of strength, the black dragon minotaur picked up the dragon maidenhead to pushed back into place. Two sailors on the Scarlet Dragon put the pins back in, to hold the maidenhead upright. Jura leapt aboard as the Wormwood sank into the sea.

A similar scene was playing out on the damaged Dominator. The Orc storm troopers watched as Wulf defeated the best sword fighter in all the Shackles. Then behind him, they saw the crew of the Scarlet Dragon double in size as Wormwood sailors joined them. With the death of their leader and additional reinforcements the storm troopers threw down their weapons. “Parley?” they leader asked Wulf.

Before Wulf could answer the question, the battle froze in time.
 
Last edited:
Jabnil

Jabnil was high above the battle, her eyes were focused on the evil sorceress Luccaria. She had wanted to do “dive bombing run”, but Luccaria had moved close to the main mast which made that kind of attack impossible. She could however still scare the piss out of the sorceress. Jabnil dove straight towards the evil woman. Flapping her wings to make her descent as fast as possible. She landed right in front of the Sorceress with a perfect “super hero” stance. Jabnil quickly stood up and pointed her only remaining sword right at Luccaria throat.

“Your days of evil are over.” Jabnil stated

Luccaria was as calm as she looked Jabnil in the eyes. “Well, if it isn’t Jabnil … the fallen angel. I have so many questions for you.” She stated as she just pushed the silver sword away from her own throat.

“You know my name?” Jabnil asked in a bit of shock.

“Oh yes.” Luccaria purred.

“You are not worried about me killing you?” Jabnil asked.

“No” Luccaria said with a tone as if the question was some kind of joke. “You are basically human now and I’m a powerful sorceress. There is almost no way you can hurt me. Let me demonstrate” Luccaria stated as she gently tapped her staff against the deck of the ship. Everyone stopped moving on the two remaining ships.

“I have frozen everyone” Luccaria explained. “This Includes your two crew members, Gruntel Kilmore and Silver Tooth, I think are their names. Their plan to blow up the ship is over. Try moving … you will see you cannot.” Luccaria suggested

To Luccaria surprise Jabnil repointed her sword at the sorceress.

“Honey, that was some kind of weak ass, frozen spell! You cast like a barbarian!” The silver sword defiantly said back to Luccaria.

“I should have realized you have a fearsome Solar great-sword. It makes you resistant to magic. My spell did not work on you.” Luccaria concluded. “No matter.” She stated with confidence. “Since you are a fallen angel … have you considered working for evil? You have no other place to go.”

“I was not thrown out of Chauntea, the Great Mother, the goddess of life, service for acts of evil.” Jabnil said in her defense.

“Why than, did the god discard you?” Luccaria asked.

“I was providing Chauntea, ideas on improving her approach to godhood. I suggested she talk to her worshipers in a more plain and common way. I suggested she redirect all her priests, ministers, cult leaders and clerics to focus on her goals. Aligning all their efforts to produce the greatest good.” Jabnil explained with pride.

“The demon lords reward people for suggestions. They can grant you more power.” Luccaria explained.

“I don’t want or need power” Jabnil countered. “Your attempts to sway me to the side evil are wasted.” Jabnil stated firmly.

“If you don’t need power, lay down you great-sword. Fight without it” Luccaria suggested

“Fine” Jabnil agreed.

“Jabnil, you stupid bitch, Luccaria is just trying to trick you … don’t fall for it!” The silver sword said.

“Don’t worry, I’m more power now as a plain old human … than I ever was as a Solar Angel” Jabnil told the magic sword and tossed it on the deck.

“You should have listened to your sword” Luccaria said grinning evilly.

Suddenly, in less than a blink of an eye, Luccaria’s head was impaled on a ballista arrow which pinned her to the main mast of the ship. The huge shafted arrow had enter at her ear hole. The force of the impact had jerked Luccaria body to one side. There was no question the evil sorceress was dead.

Jabnil walk up to the body pinned to the mast.

“I’m more powerful now because I have friends.” Jabnil said to the dead body and then she looked back at the Scarlet Dragon. Jura was in his ballista mount waving to her.

Jabnil picked up her silver sword which said to her “FUCK … That was the SHIT!”

“Black Dragon Minotaurs are resistant to magic, just like great-swords” Jabnil explained to the sword why Jura was not frozen by the spell. The people on all the ships around her became unfrozen as Luccaria’s spell collapsed with her death.
 
Last edited:
Captain Red

Captain Red looked around as the Dominator’s crew capitulated. The scene was shocking to her, as she was now in passion of the most powerful ship in the shackles. But it must have shocked Jabnil even more. She also saw fallen angel spirit across the ship’s deck at full speed and drive head first into one of its holds.

“Maybe she saw a big cock down there of something” Red said to herself, confused by Jabnil’s actions. Red looked over just in time to see the Wormwood sink below the waves. She also noticed her crew had been augmented by the Wormwood’s crew.

Finally, there were shouts from the port side of the Dominator. She turned to see Captain Merrill Pegworthy, Reaver and Dee 'Flitter' Monroe waving at her. Their ship coming alongside the Dominator’s portside.

Jabnil popped out of the hold and hovered with flaps of her wings. There was a big smile on her face as she told Red “Don’t worry … they will not blow the ship”

Red still had no clue what Jabnil was talking about, but she assumed it had to do with sex. “Good … there are too many cocks on the Dominator for them to handle anyhow.” She said back to Jabnil.

The two looked at each other in complete confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Jabnil asked.

“What are you talking about?” Red said back. Just then Wulf, Blade, Nye and Jura showed up.

“Orders?” Nye asked.

Red looked around and realized how much work needed to be done. The captured crews of the Wormwood and Dominator needed to be reviewed and sorted. Those loyal to her, needed to be sworn to serve her, new officers picked for the Dominator, repairs to all the ships, and preparations made to go after the treasure. With this realization Red did what all good captain’s do.

“Wulf, sort out the captured crews, pick new officers for the Dominator, and make repairs to all ships” Red ordered. “I’ll be in my cabin” she finished and walked back to her cabin.
 
Back
Top