Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathleen said:
I will maintain my composure, I will maintain my composure, I will, really I will... oh hell - NO but that is now on my favorite list of attempts. :D

Why is it I'm hearing, "Poor dumb midwesterner..." :D

I had a strange mishap with a filing cabinet today and lost a small chunk of skin on one of my fingers.

and yes, it is a bit funny how it happened.

bobsgirl said:
My favorite was Ponkapogge Pond. Or something like that.

Here's a good one! There's a city in Louisiana that's called Natchitoches, but it isn't pronounced like it's spelled. It's actually pronounced as "Na-ko-tosh" or "Na-ko-dish." Where or how they got that pronounciation or spelling is beyond me. All I know that it's an American Indian name.

Willing and Unsure said:
I had a strange mishap with a filing cabinet today and lost a small chunk of skin on one of my fingers.

OUCH!!!

I know there's a lady at work who had cut herself with the tissue slicer. It sliced off her nail and part of the muscle beneath it. She said that she could see a little bit of the bone. I know that had to hurt.

onlyerics said:
OUCH!!!

I know there's a lady at work who had cut herself with the tissue slicer. It sliced off her nail and part of the muscle beneath it. She said that she could see a little bit of the bone. I know that had to hurt.

that's the funny part of it, I didnt have that much skin taken off, but enough to bleed through one band-aid and need another one. And yeah, it was all right at the nail even though my nail survived. It looks kinda nasty now though.

Denae said:
I'm going to have to read this article in full tomorrow. I read the first two (stopped at that point, so unsure if there are more ) usages of postnatal as postnasal. It's time to go to bed and rest these eyes.

Apparently my ability to misread is not limited to having tired eyes in the evening.

Today I read a sign that indicated "Persons filing election petitions are to stand in this line." I read it as erection petitions. I shook my head and looked at again and wondered if I've been spending too much time at Lit lately.

onlyerics said:
Here's a good one! There's a city in Louisiana that's called Natchitoches, but it isn't pronounced like it's spelled. It's actually pronounced as "Na-ko-tosh" or "Na-ko-dish." Where or how they got that pronounciation or spelling is beyond me. All I know that it's an American Indian name.

Have to watch those American Indian names....in Montana there was a little place called Nine Pipe. I was fairly new and driving with a friend. I asked about Nine Pipe (pronounced in plain ole English). She quickly informed me that it's pronounced Ninny Pippy. She didn't tell me for a couple of years that plain ole English is the correct pronunciation. :rolleyes: Looking back on it, that was a pretty good one to pull over on me.

I found out there's a town in the state of Washington named Humptulips. I cant even look at that and not giggle.

is it just me or has lit been sporadically sluggish since late afternoon?

My husband and I bought a new sofa, chair, and recliner for our living room. Now we need an end table and a lamp.

Tomorrow, after the furniture arrives, my husband's going to dismantle the computer desk that's in the living room. It'll be nice to have that monstrous clutter magnet out of there.

Eilan said:
Tomorrow, after the furniture arrives, my husband's going to dismantle the computer desk that's in the living room. It'll be nice to have that monstrous clutter magnet out of there.
why do you have a mantle over your computer desk to begin with? don't they usually go over the fireplace? :confused:

EJFan said:
why do you have a mantle over your computer desk to begin with? don't they usually go over the fireplace? :confused:

EJ, I am going to give you such a noogie! No more puns! :p

:cathappy:

bobsgirl said:
EJ, I am going to give you such a noogie! No more puns! :p

:cathappy:
i think i just busted your hubby playin' cards. some guy named "bghunter" :D

EJFan said:
i think i just busted your hubby playin' cards. some guy named "bghunter" :D

:D Nope, he's laying here next to me, snoring like a buzz saw.

So I'm loose on the Internet with no chaperon. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back