What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal Reaches The White House, Obama-Appointed IRS Chief Counsel Behind Singling Out Tea Party Groups…




The chief counsel is one of only two political appointees at the IRS.

Via WaPo:


The chief counsel’s office for the Internal Revenue Service, headed by a political appointee of President Obama, helped develop the agency’s problematic guidelines for reviewing “tea party” cases, according to a top IRS attorney.

In interviews with congressional investigators, IRS lawyer Carter Hull said his superiors told him that the chief counsel’s office, led by William Wilkins, would need to review applications that the agency had screened for additional scrutiny because of potential political activity.

Previous accounts from IRS employees had shown that Washington IRS officials were involved in the controversy, but Hull’s comments represent the closest connection to the White House to date.

According to a partial transcript released by House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the chief counsel’s office also discussed using a template letter to ask questions about the groups’ activities, despite Hull’s warning that such a boilerplate approach would be impractical.

“My reviewer and I both said a template makes absolutely no difference because these organizations, all of them are different,” Hull told investigators. “A template would not work.”

Hull told investigators that he had already requested additional information from the applicants at that point and felt he had enough facts to make a determination about their eligibility, according to the transcripts.
 
the NAACP?

so we are RACIST if we are against it?

HHS Chief Sebelius Asks NAACP To Help Implement Obamacare…




Via Politico:


Comparing Obamacare to the struggle for civil rights, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius urged the NAACP convention to focus on enrolling people in new health insurance coverage in the coming months.

“Start spreading the word,” Sebelius said Tuesday afternoon. “Download tool kits and customize fliers to hang up at local businesses and restaurants and barber shops and beauty salons.” Sebelius called on leaders in the religious community especially to take up the Obamacare mantle.

“Few voices are more powerful than yours,” Sebelius said. “Those are the ones trusted in communities. Use those voices to educate and motivate.”
 
Obama's penchant for appointing constitutional criminals to office is one reason he has trouble getting them confirmed.


Care to update us on your crap about the Dow since May 28th? Or do you prefer to hide in your iggy bunker not only from me but from your own posts?
 
mail_fedex_ups.jpg
One Photo Shows The difference Between Failed Gov’t & Successful Businesses



Illinois Congressman Peter Roskam (R,IL) recently posted a photo on his Facebook page that really highlights the failure of government.

Roskam posted the photo with the headline “Government monopoly vs. private sector. Just sayin’.”

And take a look to see how right he is…



Here we have a dilapidated, rusting U.S. Post Office Box standing in a line with a gleaming new Fed Ex drop off box and a UPS drop off box.

The difference between a hidebound, failing U.S. Post Office as evinced in its rusting hulk of a post box compared to the bright, shining boxes from the privately run delivery companies is stark, indeed
 
Curry will IGNORE this

and ASXE ole Vette about some meaningless shit

Divert

Distort

Deny

Delay

DESTROY
worst recovery EVAH

if a GORILLA woulda been in the WH since 2008, we woulda had a BETTER RECOVERY

instead we have NIGGA BO! and we have shit

'Modest to moderate' U.S. growth: Beige Book


after all this time we have THIS SHIT.....'Modest to moderate' U.S. growth

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. economy is continuing to grow at a "modest to moderate" pace, the Federal Reserve reported Wednesday, in an assessment that is likely to keep it continuing its loose monetary policy. The so-called Beige Book found manufacturing expanding, rising consumer spending, stable to growing services activity, and moderate to strong residential real estate and construction. The Beige Book noted that while hiring held steady or increased at a measured pace, there was a reluctance to add full-time workers.
 
I hope all UNION people are DEVESTATED

they helped elect this TURD

they helped push this shit thru

LET EM ALL FUCKING DIE


(that's what they get for listening to Nigga Bam and Curry instead of Vette and IWFTHAG)

WE TOLD YOU SO


Labor Unions: Obamacare Will 'Shatter' Our Health Benefits, Cause 'Nightmare Scenarios'



The letter was penned by James P. Hoffa, general president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; Joseph Hansen, international president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union; and Donald “D.” Taylor, president of UNITE-HERE, a union representing hotel, airport, food service, gaming, and textile workers.

“When you and the President sought our support for the Affordable Care Act,” they begin, “you pledged that if we liked the health plans we have now, we could keep them. Sadly, that promise is under threat…We have been strong supporters of the notion that all Americans should have access to quality, affordable health care. We have also been strong supporters of you. In campaign after campaign we have put boots on the ground, gone door-to-door to get out the vote, run phone banks and raised money to secure this vision. Now this vision has come back to haunt us.”

‘Unintended consequences’ causing ‘nightmare scenarios’

The union leaders are concerned that Obamacare’s employer mandate incentivizes smaller companies to shift their workers to part-time status, because employers are not required to provide health coverage to part-time workers. “We have a problem,” they write, and “you need to fix it.”

“The unintended consequences of the ACA are severe,” they continue. “Perverse incentives are causing nightmare scenarios. First, the law creates an incentive for employers to keep employees’ work hours below 30 hours a week. Numerous employers have begun to cut workers’ hours to avoid this obligation, and many of them are doing so openly. The impact is two-fold: fewer hours means less pay while also losing our current health benefits.”

What surprises me about this is that union leaders are pretty strategic when it comes to employee benefits. It was obvious in 2009 that Obamacare’s employer mandate would incentivize this shift. Why didn’t labor unions fight it back then?

Regulations will ‘destroy the very health and wellbeing of our members’

The labor bosses are also unhappy, because of the way Obamacare affects multi-employer health plans. Multi-employer plans, also called Taft-Hartley plans, are health insurance benefits typically arranged between a labor union in a particular industry, such as restaurants, and small employers in that industry. About 20 million workers are covered by these plans; 800,000 of Joseph Hansen’s 1.3 million UFCW members are covered this way.
 
One Photo Shows The difference Between Failed Gov’t & Successful Businesses



Illinois Congressman Peter Roskam (R,IL) recently posted a photo on his Facebook page that really highlights the failure of government.

Roskam posted the photo with the headline “Government monopoly vs. private sector. Just sayin’.”

And take a look to see how right he is…



Here we have a dilapidated, rusting U.S. Post Office Box standing in a line with a gleaming new Fed Ex drop off box and a UPS drop off box.

The difference between a hidebound, failing U.S. Post Office as evinced in its rusting hulk of a post box compared to the bright, shining boxes from the privately run delivery companies is stark, indeed



Sure, let's let the USPS be run like a business. UPS and FedEx charge $7 to send an envelope so not the price of a stamp is $6.95.

Is that what you want?
 
Sure, let's let the USPS be run like a business. UPS and FedEx charge $7 to send an envelope so not the price of a stamp is $6.95.

Is that what you want?

Also, maybe we should make FedEx and UPS fund pensions for people who aren't even hired yet, like the USPS was forced to do?
 
Sure, let's let the USPS be run like a business. UPS and FedEx charge $7 to send an envelope so not the price of a stamp is $6.95.

Is that what you want?

yes, that's what I want

DEFLECT

DISTORT

DENY

DENIGRATE

DELAY

DESTROY
 
fucking train REEK

Oh My: White House Officials Warn Obamacare Exchanges Could Be Delayed…




With the employer mandate already put on ice, delaying the exchanges would leave only one of the law’s key components intact, the individual mandate.


(Reuters) — Two U.S. government officials warned on Wednesday that the launch of new state healthcare exchanges could potentially be delayed, raising further doubts about the implementation of President Barack Obama’s signature legislation.

Alan Duncan, an auditor with the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, an Internal Revenue Service agency that monitors performance, said testing the systems needed to implement the exchanges “will be difficult to complete” by the October 1 start date.

“The lack of adequate testing could result in significant delays and errors in accepting and processing … applications for health insurance coverage,” he told the House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform committee.

At the same hearing, Government Accountability Office official John Dicken said the amount of work the federal government needs to do in each state has yet to be determined, raising the risk of missing deadlines. He added that the federal government and the states have already missed some deadlines.
 
First Class Jack Ass

Obama Tells People To Ignore Conservative Critics Of Obamacare…




God forbid they hear the truth.

Via Washington Examiner:


President Obama on Thursday insisted that his under-fire health care blueprint is working just as planned, taking to the White House bully pulpit to defuse growing questions about the soundness of his signature legislative achievement.

The president stepped up his defense of the Affordable Care Act, as Republicans focus on his administration delaying until 2015 the requirement that employers provide insurance coverage to their workers or pay a fine.

Obama looked to paint his GOP rivals as so dead set on derailing the health law that they are ignoring its benefits.

“Yesterday, despite all the evidence that the law is working the way it was supposed to for middle-class Americans, Republicans in the House of Representatives voted for nearly the 40th time to dismantle it,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of problems in this country. There’s a lot of work that Congress needs to do … get a farm bill passed, get immigration reform done, make sure we’ve got a budget in place.” [...]

Obama told his supporters on Thursday to ignore arguments coming from conservatives.

“What I’ve heard is the same old song and dance,” Obama said, vowing to “blow through that stuff and just keep on doing the right thing for the American people.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top