Engagement Anouncement

hmmn, should i drive the pick up, the tractor, or the ride-on mower to the church? :D

nah, he can drive - the car *nods*

There is nothing better than artists finding each other and making a life together. Happy Anniversary. ♥️♥️

happy anniversary, baby. x keeping you company, one day early :D

growing

takes both our minds' eyes
to size the perfect bed
tongues and pens to plan
to keep imaginations aligned

both our feet
to sink fork deep–it creaks
earth-weight fights back–
the muscles in our legs
to drive down spade
our backs to heft
to turn the clayish clods

we break them down
together
water crumbled dirt
with the union of our brows
with overflow of eyes

it takes both our hands
plunged into stripped soil
to eradicate the stubbornness of roots
evict the reluctance rocks and stones
to rescue and rehome each worm

our commitment
to purpose the soil
with sand, manure, and compost
to rake, to pat

hope and expectation sew the seeds
our endurance is a must
to succour frail & thirsty new growth
when dry land cracks about us

our patience required
as we watch and wait
feed and weed and mulch
we whisper small encouragements
measure their success each day

it takes willingness
of both our lips
to kiss away small griefs
reap sweat's salt reward
to bring laughter
a harvest of smiles

the opening of both our hearts
to weigh these pleasures
to rejoice in all the treasures we can grow

:heart::kiss::cattail::kiss::heart:

i did offer to help offload that last lot of manure, despite it being really really stinky. thankyou for your refusal :D:D:D

the 'soil' gets easier each year, paying off all we put into it :heart:

Last edited:
thanks! it's gone so fast :cattail::D

how's the newest todski-ite?

she, like three of my other offspring has decided that sleep is for the weak.....

so I have a daughter who is thirteen this year.... she sleeps fine, always has, the rest....

my boys we put into bed at 730pm every night but they will not go to sleep any earlier than 10pm, and most days they're up to greet me for work at 5am...

my second daughter, Halia is now two and has found that 5am is party time with her brothers, when I first met my wife she would go to bed religiously at 830pm and sleep solid until 730am virtually 11hours a night, I made a passing comment that she was preparing herself to never sleep again, to which she responded with overt violence, she hit me with the tv remote :D

Last edited:
Wow... two years! Time certainly flies. I sure hope you're having a lot of fun. Congratulations :)

she, like three of my other offspring has decided that sleep is for the weak.....

so I have a daughter who is thirteen this year.... she sleeps fine, always has, the rest....

my boys we put into bed at 730pm every night but they will not go to sleep any earlier than 10pm, and most days they're up to greet me for work at 5am...

my second daughter, Halia is now two and has found that 5am is party time with her brothers, when I first met my wife she would go to bed religiously at 830pm and sleep solid until 730am virtually 11hours a night, I made a passing comment that she was preparing herself to never sleep again, to which she responded with overt violence, she hit me with the tv remote :D

You're in the thick of it, aren't you? And you're still writing. That is impressive. :heart:

You're in the thick of it, aren't you? And you're still writing. That is impressive. :heart:

me, lol, I normally go to sleep between 11pm and 1 am and wake at 4am, pretty much most days, as to writing if you can call it that then yeah :p

writing keeps me sane, even if its basically erotic fluff with out much though or effort

thankyou, everyone, for the good wishes :rose::heart::cattail:

snuggles and more first thing, then a new cherry bush planted this morning, the walkway outside the back door almost all weeded (the ants are pissed), H has been up to his elbows in manure as he gets another row ready to plant, and ma'am's elderly, very sick moggy dosed up with a plethora of crushed tabs in the vitamin solution (he wasn't happy, bless him). it's gonna storm soon, and water everything in nicely for us. ma'am's making my favourite - chicken enchiladas - for supper. it's a busy time of year for us here, but rewarding!

todski - may you and your missus find time and energy to enjoy your children inbetween all the hard work you both do to keep house and mind together :rose:

sleep's underrated. my middle kid, the one with high-functioning autism, woke me regularly from as early as 3 months pregnant with him; when i brought him home, he slept like an angel for almost a week, had a touch of the snuffles, then it was like someone swapped him overnight. he was 12 before i had a night's sleep unbroken bu 5, 6, even 7 times of having to get up and see to him. how most parents drive and work with such broken nights amazes me.

Backwater 4/25

On this day in April,
partially cloudy now,
stingy rain gone East,
all donations welcome,
but damn.

A toast to friends who have seen us here,
love struck still through these busy years,
you've made this journey so much more,
shared your own grief and joy,
and if I do not speak to it
know I care and enjoy,