Are you ‘out’ as an erotic author?

I have a cousin who used to frequent this site. We hinted around with admitting we both wrote smut and when I finally told her my name and the site, we discovered she wrote for the same site. Our genres don't overlap, and I don't know her username, so I haven't read her stuff.

A couple of girlfriends know where to find me here too.

Gunner knows, but not where. I let him proof read my work about him. He is proud to be one of my muses.
 
I'm out to only one, but she's the only one that matters. She also lends a hand giving things a second pair of eyes before submitting anything. Other than that, I'm not sure I even know anyone who might read here.
 
My wife was the one who encouraged me to share what I was writing for her. She ended up sharing the links with her sister. My sister knows, and has read a few of my LST3Ks. She can handle me making snide commentary about bad porn, and laughs her ass off. Reading erotica I've actually written, not so much. Pretty much everyone I talk to regularly at work knows about my writing. Considering the grapevine, everybody probably does. LOL

I don't have a shingle out or anything, but I'm more or less "out".
 
It's complicated.
I have a set of friends that know I write and have read some of the stuff because they love my muse, but they don't know I have submitted stuff here.

Then there's people who know I write 'dirty stories' but that's it, they've never read anything. And don't know about my favorite muse.

Most family knows, but I only have a handful of family anyway.
 
I'm surprised that so many here are out. Like a couple comments before me, I still have a full split between the LE world and the rest of my life. However, I am resolved to (selectively) out myself this year, but I'll stop at 'writing erotica' and not identify myself any further than that.
 
Like others on here, I don't care if people, friend or family know what I write. If someone wants to know what I write I tell them. I've gotten beta readers for stories by posting on a small local facebook group where anything goes, I even found my new editor there. I can identify with PuckIt, the other day at work a friend asked what I did last night (she knows what I write), with a straight face I tolled her, Arianna, Mindy and Stephanie had a threesome after telling Lauren about how the magical world is real and how it's going to change her life.
 
Back
Top