Fallout: Mount Weather (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
My idea for this is to take elements of Fallout and The 100 and fuse them together into an alternate setting:

After decades of growing tensions, World War III finally erupted with several large military attacks in 2048. This conflict raged on for several years, ending with a major catastrophe in 2053, combining both nuclear arsenals and biological warfare. The highest echelons of the United States -- government officials, military leaders, and corporate executives -- evacuated to a number of bunkers and safe zones as reports poured in of an inbound swarm of Bio-Nukes, as they came to be called. These weapons essentially combined the effects of radiation poisoning and viral infections.

The year is now 2279, and there are only three major pillars of United States society left -- Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs; Raven Rock near Waynesboro, Pennsylvania; and Mount Weather near Bluemont, Virginia. These three facilities use satellites still in orbit to communicate with each other, but lost contact with all international entities over a century prior. The surface is still fatal for any unaltered human, between remnant radiation and airborne viruses. To combat this, the scientists of the three facilities launched Project Outreach, which saw volunteers undergo extreme genetic engineering to gain immunity to radiation, disease, and infection. They also attained accelerated healing factors, enhanced strength, speed, and endurance, and a number of other special abilities depending on what their Specialty was.

Today, our characters are part of Outreach, who are referred to as Reachers. Among our ranks are soldiers, doctors, explorers, engineers -- anyone who became Altered and was cleared to travel to the surface on behalf of Mount Weather. It's up to you what powers you have and what your Specialty is, but our primary mission at the start of the story is to lead an expedition across the continent to Cheyenne Mountain, who has not made contact in weeks. Along the way we will encounter tribes of mutants, animals who have turned into monsters, raiders and slavers and sky pirates from surviving camps and smaller bunkers, and any number of other situations.
 
Back
Top