Seperate lesbian & homosexual forums

BoomerP

Chocolate Demon
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Posts
5,882
I'd like this.

I've stopped checking this forum because all the threads are about cocks and sucking cum and how great it all is. I hardly see any new threads made by other lesbians. It's like you've all taken shelter in here..

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not interested in hearing it all of the time.
I dont know, I dont want to discriminate I just think that the threads in GLBT chatter puts lesbians off. It does with me
 
ParrishP: no worries. I am also sometimes tired of the whole cock sucking business all the time :) but hey if you want to be a part of the people who discusses other subjects than those you have mentioned. Then I am with you.
You just have to understand, the GLBT chatter is all the non straight issues. Even though we have a few fetish threads.
 
I have heard the same complaint from others before and so splitting the board may find wider support, but I don't know. This new subforum essentially covers my personal interests (yet I haven't even posted here before, but I have barely posted at Lit at all lately).
 
I think we have the fodder to support THIS sub-forum (news and issues) but I don't think there's enough for a lesbian subforum. I think it's because there just aren't as many women here. Men usually think about sex more than women, so I think we have more men in here than women. It's also less taboo for women to be queer than for men, so perhaps men are looking for a safe place to express their feelings. There's also the matter that if you want something, you have to start something. Want more threads about lesbian issues? Start 'em! They don't have to be about sex. I'd be thrilled to contribute about sex, relationships, just about anything. Count me in, just get it started!
 
Oh well, I know I am a man. But count me in too, as a biological antidepressant.
 
... Men usually think about sex more than women, ...

There was a time that I was in 12-step, and a gay guy (Richard) I got introduced to was very popular among lesbians. (I think it was because he was quiet and had some of the same interests that are popular among lesbians at least in this area -- camping, outdoors, etc...)

Anyway, it was my first opportunity to actually meet lesbians other than in passing in places like MCC, etc. One in particular was Richard's best friend. Anyway, she set me down and we got on the topic of lesbianism. (The reason being was because I was really frustrated with gay guys as they all wanted casual sex but nothing more permanent. Where as I had the Virgin Mary syndrome about women -- gay and straight, that it was all about love, environment, singing (I still think a lot of lesbian singers (folk) are a lot more interesting in their music than some of the gay guy stuff), and of course multiple decades (bordering on eternity) in their monogamous relationships...

Anyway, she explained that there are plenty of lesbians that break up as well as there are promiscuous lesbians. She just explained that a woman cannot be quite as casual about it as men because of the mechanics. We had a big joke about how silly it would be for a lesbian to be into glory hole sex...

Anyway, she was a really neat lady. After that I saw lesbians as people and not quite so Virgin Mary in blue jeans. They come in all shapes, sizes and ages. I was really shocked about some lesbians who were grandmothers. Some whom didn't come out until very much late in life. I remember one lady said she left her husband not so much because she knew she was a lesbian, but because he would never shut up. (The stereotype is that women chatter, and men are quiet. This was the total reverse.) She just happened to meat a middle aged cop, and they fell in love. The other interesting thing is that she felt blessed that she had every combination of orientation in her 4 children: lesbian & straight daughter, gay & straight son.

Another lady was in her mid-80's and was a grandma. She and her lover liked baking things for the MCC potlucks. She loved how I really liked her Rutabagas. It was sad that eventually they had to part. Not because they fell out of love, but eventually in her 90's she had a lot of lapses in memory and needed lots of physical care. Her partner was probably not more than 10 years younger, so she couldn't take care of her as her needs got greater. The older lady's daughters wanted her near them in a nursing home, so she ended up 60+ miles away from her lover. I thought that must be a very painful way to loose a partner. The elderly lady eventually died.

What was most important about these people is that they were just people who happened to be women, happened to be gay. Sure some of them might have dressed a bit unusual for the typical straight women, but still they have lives that are so much more than sex,sex,sex. They weren't the str8 man's fantasy of a woman waiting for that perfect male part to tell her what she is missing. They weren't the religious sides fear of man hating, leather bound, topless women on bikes waiting to kick any male who even said hello in the balls. In the circles I ran in they were also very devout in their religious beliefs even though the churches they came from rejected them (in the situations where the churches found out).

It reminded me of a quote that I'm sure many have heard. Something like "I didn't win to be the best Lesbian Tennis Player, but to be the best Tennis Player"...

Of course that is from Martina N. I tried to google it, but instead found the link below. It was so weird, that I had to include it in closing:


http://www.i-mockery.com/romhacks/lesbiantennis/
 
If you want the forum to be more lesbian friendly - you have to make the threads. I am not going to do it - neither will most of the lesbians I have posted with for 3+ years on this board. We aren't here to find sex, talk about sex or learn about sex. We are here to pass time and little more.

And if they are talking, it's in the story section of the site and not the forums... I'm led to think.
 
I think we have the fodder to support THIS sub-forum (news and issues) but I don't think there's enough for a lesbian subforum. I think it's because there just aren't as many women here. Men usually think about sex more than women, so I think we have more men in here than women. It's also less taboo for women to be queer than for men, so perhaps men are looking for a safe place to express their feelings. There's also the matter that if you want something, you have to start something. Want more threads about lesbian issues? Start 'em! They don't have to be about sex. I'd be thrilled to contribute about sex, relationships, just about anything. Count me in, just get it started!
Well, I'm pretty sure there isn't really that much truth to women thinking about sex less. From the research I've read, it's just more likely for men to report being turned on by it. A lot of women don't necessarily notice until they're dripping wet, whereas, it's hard to ignore an erection. ;) I think you might be a lot closer with the taboo thing.
 
This room should be called the gay, bi, and trans MEN room

Just an observation...
 
Deleted because I didn't respond to this post. See below.
 
Last edited:
lesbians ?
where ?

Sorry, you just missed them. There was a major sighting of lesbians seeing flying to Beijing in preparation for the Olympics. I've heard that those that cannot make it, will be gathering in Provincetown, MA to watch the games. Good luck!!

PS: Have you tried picking up the sport of golf or Lesbian tennis?

PPS: Update from confidential sources... This is the "Year of the Fem" in the Chinese calendar.... The sport to watch at the games is Synchronized Swimming... It is SO fem, and even not so butch guys cannot come close to doing it very well...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/mens-synchronized-swimming/1980340333
 
Last edited:
I think Parrish articulated it well. I have nothing against cock sucking, I just have zero interest in it and get tired of hearing about it ad nauseum...
 
I think Parrish articulated it well. I have nothing against cock sucking, I just have zero interest in it and get tired of hearing about it ad nauseum...

Well keep in mind that the subject line is about separating the lesbian & homosexual forums. However, if the complaint from some lesbians is the obsessive penis talk (namely the glory of fellatio), keep in mind that most of the comments praising it are more from bisexual men who are wanting to try it or haven't done it in a long time and miss it. Furthermore, they claim that they aren't attracted to men or "gay".

If a homosexual is craving fellatio, he is most likely DOing it and not obsessively just talking about it on forums. Furthermore, if you think beyond the surface about what those writers are actually saying, it is more offensive to gay men than lesbians. Everybody loves pleasure. However, as I have said in many previous posts, would you want to have an encounter (even just one night) with someone who craves a body part of yours but finds the rest of you a turn off? Plus, my first thought when someone makes a big deal about not being "gay", isn't about clarifying one's preferences, but more about making sure they aren't associated with a less than desirable group.

I do think that if one can get past the sex part, we are better interacting together. Sure some of it is past our comfort zone. I have been to both gay male only groups in real life as well as well as mixed gay/lesbian groups. While I have had good times at both, I feel that I got more out of the mixed groups. That is because I saw people from a group other than mine that were human beings, and not the stereotypes that we all have to one degree or another for people from groups other than our own.

Sure there are gay guys who don't want to be around women, and I'm sure the opposite is true for lesbians. However, when we do get together we can do quite a bit. I remember when AIDS was bigger news in the mid-80's. Lots of times the volunteers were lesbians. I've also heard mixed gay choruses. Sure a men's chorus or a women's chorus are just fine, but nothing beats having the full range of human voices singing from the highest soprano to the lowest bass.

I personally think that there are times that anybody wants to just be with whatever they consider their own whether it is gender, orientation, race, religion, age group,etc...

Anyway, I am digressing. To summarize:

If separate forums meant that the lesbians all left, then I for one would miss all of you.
 
Back
Top