How to compliment a woman

Oh, it's in there ^^ somewhere *waves vaguely at previous pages of ... stuff*
So a group hug is out the question then :p

Indeed. No group hug for pmann. Not my thing.

And my comment was just in reference to All4Love's post, not the entire thread.

MeekMe, if you were a victim of a violent crime, that is something totally different than the subject/point of this thread. You know that.

I am sincerely sorry that happened to you.

Your fear was not a choice, as you were truly victimized. Please know this, that it is not my intention to dishonor you in any way by stating my opinion on this thread. :rose:

Also, keep in mind that just because some of us don't choose to share the details of our stories, doesn't mean we can't empathize with you. How do you know what I have lived or what I have been through? You don't.

If I was a vicitim of a violent crime? I've openly shared that info. Please do not make it sound like I might be lying. Statements like that keep people from coming forward and getting help. :mad:

My experience ties into this subject. It's part of me and my decision making process. Our experiences shape us and we react through those experiences. My situation is part of how I take a well mannered compliment and fear cat calls/harassment. Furthermore, we've discussed how cat calls and street harassment have actually lead to acts of violence that have shaken, injured and killed. I know for sure that my statements have had an impact on this thread's subject as it has evolved through discussion. I do know that what I've been through has something to do with the subject/point of this thread.

I don't know what you've lived or been though and I don't pretend to know. In fact, I made no mention of what you might have been through, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

I think it's abhorrent that pro-compliment listers have been demonized for being pro-compliment listers and encouraging the hideous complimentary behaviour. I don't think that it was implied people need to stop being so sensitive.

For the record, I am an anti-compliment type person.

Different experiences and reactions.

Given you're anti-compliment status, I'd be happy to pass you on the street. :nana: Never used the banana before. That was fun.

Given you're anti-compliment status, I'd be happy to pass you on the street. :nana: Never used the banana before. That was fun.

I totally bet you would be inclined to compliment my stylish shoes. You couldn't possibly resist.

If I was a vicitim of a violent crime? I've openly shared that info. Please do not make it sound like I might be lying. Statements like that keep people from coming forward and getting help. :mad:

My experience ties into this subject. It's part of me and my decision making process. Our experiences shape us and we react through those experiences. My situation is part of how I take a well mannered compliment and fear cat calls/harassment. Furthermore, we've discussed how cat calls and street harassment have actually lead to acts of violence that have shaken, injured and killed. I know for sure that my statements have had an impact on this thread's subject as it has evolved through discussion. I do know that what I've been through has something to do with the subject/point of this thread.

I don't know what you've lived or been though and I don't pretend to know. In fact, I made no mention of what you might have been through, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

I'm just hypothesizing here, but perhaps the poster of that statement hasn't read through every post in the thread. I don't think her post was meant to be a slight on you in any way.

I can only imagine she may not have read that post. Some people don't read all of the posts in a long thread like this. Many just come in and read mine. :) I suspect that anyway. Hehe.

Anyway, I can't imagine that any disrespect was meant by that post. And, you all know me, being peaceful and all. They call me the peacemaker around these parts.

I totally bet you would be inclined to compliment my stylish shoes. You couldn't possibly resist.

I totally would want to, but I would probably keep it to myself. I might go home and say, "hey Mister, you should have seen these shoes!"

Though, if I did compliment you shoes, how would you like to hear the compliment?

Just a passing, "nice shoes" :thumbs up:

Or, "where did you get those?" :excited pointing:

Or, "hey baby, wanna come back to my place and take those stylish shoes off?" :eyebrow wiggle:

:p

I'm just hypothesizing here, but perhaps the poster of that statement hasn't read through every post in the thread. I don't think her post was meant to be a slight on you in any way.

I can only imagine she may not have read that post. Some people don't read all of the posts in a long thread like this. Many just come in and read mine. :) I suspect that anyway. Hehe.

Anyway, I can't imagine that any disrespect was meant by that post. And, you all know me, being peaceful and all. They call me the peacemaker around these parts.

Actually, if you read the context of the sentence, it clarifies itself.

If you were a victim of a violent crime, that is something totally different than the subject/point of this thread. You know that.

In other words, if, then that. But whatever.

Also followed by a sincere apologetic statement about her victimization. It was clear that I was not insinuating in the least bit that she was not telling the truth. *shrug*

I totally would want to, but I would probably keep it to myself. I might go home and say, "hey Mister, you should have seen these shoes!"

Though, if I did compliment you shoes, how would you like to hear the compliment?

Just a passing, "nice shoes" :thumbs up:

Or, "where did you get those?" :excited pointing:

Or, "hey baby, wanna come back to my place and take those stylish shoes off?" :eyebrow wiggle:

:p

The first two compliments would be great. The last one would make me wary.

The first two compliments would be great. The last one would make me wary.

Just to lighten the serious tone a bit on this thread, the last one would make me...err...horny? Well, I mean if he were cute, ya' know. :D

Juuussst kidding! I am kidding, right? Crap, now I'm confused! Am I kidding, or am I not kidding? Sheez!

Lighten up?
On this thread?! :eek:
Heaven forbid :caning: :D
I do take some things seriously
christianlouboutin-decollete-3141006_BK01_1_1200x1200.jpg

*gasp*

There is a lot of things women do and say that leaves me slack jawed and genuinely baffled. Shoes is one of them. I have seen women lose their heads over them. We should start a new thread asking women to explain their fascination with footwear. And high heels for that matter! Seeing women stride about in those things is like watching bambi taking his first steps!

It's hard to understand the effect a pair of Louboutins have on a girl if you're not a girl, I suppose. I think it's the same feeling we get when we see boobies.

It's hard to understand the effect a pair of Louboutins have on a girl if you're not a girl, I suppose. I think it's the same feeling we get when we see boobies.

I find it a trifle troubling that you even know what a pair of Louboutins are, sounds like a brand of sun cream! Also curious when I see a pair of boobs I do not jump up and down on the spot, face contorted in delight and saying "I must have them".

I find it a trifle troubling that you even know what a pair of Louboutins are, sounds like a brand of sun cream! Also curious when I see a pair of boobs I do not jump up and down on the spot, face contorted in delight and saying "I must have them".

Wow, I'd love to see that reaction from afar. It would be hilarious.

I certainly don't make a fool of myself over shoes. But I will stare at them longingly. The same way for a nice dress, jewelry, bags, and food.

Platform heels suck and do make some girls look like their ankles might break at any moment. Sensible heels are what I go gaga for. It's so hard to find a nice kitten heel in my price range. :sigh:

So it's just me that does that? :eek:

Pm Ann, Hamas, ISIS/ISIL, Al Queada.....all well known peace makers!:D

Says the guy who terrorizes women by talking to their children.

As a half white, half Asian, half black, half Arabic, I am offended. I shall send you to the museum of tolerance.

Last edited:

6li V8 Supercharged Twin turbo, limited slip diff, close ratio, nitrous oxide... this doing anything for you DK? :)

Back