Best sentence you've ever heard?

I know what is wrong, and I know what is right.
~Leonard Cohen
 
If thou be'st born to strange sights,
Things invisible to see,
Ride ten thousand days and nights
Till Age snow white hairs on thee;
Thou, when thou return'st, wilt tell me
All strange wonders that befell thee,
And swear
No where
Lives a woman true and fair.

John Donne, 196. Song
 
"You are perhaps too young to know, but the Empire is always in some sort of trouble." - Sean Connery, "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"
 
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

Winston Churchill,
on the defeat of the Luftwaffe by the RAF in the Battle of Britain, in the summer of 1940
 
"I probably never would have become America’s leading fire-eater if Flamo the Great hadn’t happened to explode that night in front of Krinko’s Great Combined Carnival Side Shows."

Memoires of a Sword Swallower, Daniel P Mannix
 
Best sentence

Neil Young, "After the gold rush"

Thinking about what a good friend had said, hoping it was a lie.
 
Your head is humming and it won't go in case you don't know- the piper's calling you to join him.

As a matter of fact, Stairway to Heaven is loaded down with memorable lyrics.:)
 
"Are you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?" - Kurt Russell to Billy Bob Thorton in Tombstone.
 
The Interpreter (2005)

Nicole Kidman ~ "Vengeance is a lazy form of grief."
 
What is the best sentence, line you've read in a book, or watched on a TV show/film? ETC!

real life...I was told after being filthy from working at a nasty manufacturing job.." I like it dirty" Turned me on cause he was so clean and hot.
 
Back
Top