As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to work at 0600 tomorrow after 11 days off. *sigh*

Actually, I kind of miss it. I love this time of year at work. Usually low census, high staff because everyone has run out of pto, and there's christmas shit everywhere. Lots of time to do fun stuff with the patients.

I hope. :rolleyes:

I forgot about that song. I am always trying to remember to be kind.

I nursed a Polish drunk today. I washed his face. I brushed his teeth and the ET tube. I pulled him up in the bed every hour.

I said: You are too big for this bed man. It's not right. You are young and strong.

Those Polish drinkers are strong. We don't let the unit team doctors extubate till after 9 days of sedation sleep, and restraints to bed frame.

Back to work at 0600 tomorrow after 11 days off. *sigh*

Actually, I kind of miss it. I love this time of year at work. Usually low census, high staff because everyone has run out of pto, and there's christmas shit everywhere. Lots of time to do fun stuff with the patients.

I hope. :rolleyes:
We always go back. :rose:
Sometimes I think about getting a desk job, administration, no weekends, no holidays but the truth is I love being there. It's obvious that I love my job. I can't sit down to write a note till I force myself by remembering that I won't get out at a decent hour if I don't keep up with the paper.

I'd rather be picking picking picking like a monkey. It's fucking insane.

Who to hell reassigned me to the Geriatrics Unit when I was doing my job in Maternity?

That does it!

There will be no rubber duckies given out to the seniors.

I forgot about that song. I am always trying to remember to be kind.

I nursed a Polish drunk today. I washed his face. I brushed his teeth and the ET tube. I pulled him up in the bed every hour.

I said: You are too big for this bed man. It's not right. You are young and strong.

Those Polish drinkers are strong. We don't let the unit team doctors extubate till after 9 days of sedation sleep, and restraints to bed frame.

did you get his phone number? :)

I am too tired to count.

I suppose in trauma there is a lot to count. Not so much for us. Narc count usually takes our nurses less than 5 minutes.

I am also a picker. Lint, errant hairs, whatever. And the little bits of detritus that seem to gather in the corners of the room - thermometer probe covers, red caps, assorted packaging bits.

Back to the picking tomorrow morning.

I suppose in trauma there is a lot to count. Not so much for us. Narc count usually takes our nurses less than 5 minutes.

I am also a picker. Lint, errant hairs, whatever. And the little bits of detritus that seem to gather in the corners of the room - thermometer probe covers, red caps, assorted packaging bits.

Back to the picking tomorrow morning.
The amount of controlled substances wasted down the sink in the medication room is enough to keep the city high. We keep our patients pretty high. They wouldn't move if we didn't because of the pain.

Severe spasticity is going to be the end of me. We have a couple of doozies this week. One's hip adductors are so tight you can barely pull his pants past his knees. Diapering him is loads of fun, let me tell you. Another's neck is so hyperextended he can barely breathe. Putting a shirt on him is interesting, to say the least - you have to lift his whole body up, so only his heels are touching the bed, just to get a shirt over his head, because his neck and back can't flex.

My whole body hurts. Thank god for methocarbamol (Robaxin).

Severe spasticity is going to be the end of me. We have a couple of doozies this week. One's hip adductors are so tight you can barely pull his pants past his knees. Diapering him is loads of fun, let me tell you. Another's neck is so hyperextended he can barely breathe. Putting a shirt on him is interesting, to say the least - you have to lift his whole body up, so only his heels are touching the bed, just to get a shirt over his head, because his neck and back can't flex.

My whole body hurts. Thank god for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
It's not easy. :rose:
Both of my patients today 'stepped down' and the step down unit was busy, so I delayed, delayed, and delayed. I don't forget where I came from.

Some nurse must have broken his heart.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dangers.jpg
    dangers.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 104
WOLCOTT — Mrs. Stella (Zornick) Ramonas, 91, of Wolcott, passed away peacefully on Nov. 17, 2012,
surrounded by her family and loved ones. She was the widow of Anthony Ramonas.

Stella was born in Waterbury on April 1, 1921, daughter of the late Anna Zornick and Harry Schultz. She was a graduate
of Crosby High School and the Capital School of Nursing in Washington, D.C. in 1945. In 1946, she married Anthony Ramonas,
and together they raised five children.

Stella worked as a nurse at Waterbury Hospital for over 25 years, as assistant head nurse (Pomeroy 9) and a head nurse in
the Self-Care Unit. In addition, she worked to establish Project ONE (Oncology Nursing Education), a forerunner of today's
breast cancer awareness programs. Stella was instrumental in the unionization of Waterbury Hospital, the first hospital in
Connecticut to be unionized, and was considered a real champion for nurses.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2012/11/19/obituaries/684868.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back