Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #2826
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter
 
Apple_of_Eden's Avatar
 
Apple_of_Eden is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 10,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotluvsoral View Post
*Big Hugs* No words make the journey into the "new normal" any better...so just hugs for you Apple!
This "new normal" is horrible. I spent tonight with my niece and her two beautiful girls. At bed time, my four year old niece said to her mom, "Mommy, I want Pop Pop." My heart broke. My niece has been hidding her tears and her pain for the most part. I'm thankful when we break down together.

Tonight, we cried again. Thank you so much for the support and the hugs scot. Most welcomed and needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankara20 View Post
I so have my own story around this, I don't know your own pain but will be here with you
Shank, the pain is deep. My heart actually hurts. I find it truly amazing that the pain I feel when the overwhelming sadness and tears hit, is that it is in my heart. I guess the saying, "Love hurts," is true. Thank you for being here with me and for understanding the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Hi Apple...actually I am having some small setbacks from the long-term side effects of chemo and radiation but I love this very vital thread and I pop up when I can... I hate the new normal too.

I am so sorry that your brother is not there for you to call and I still pray for you...Please as you grieve remember to not let this cellfucker steal YOUR joy for life...Sending you big, huge, comforting hugs Apple....
I'm so sorry about your complications from the treatments. Sometimes the side effects and long term complications are overwhelming. Please stay strong cmslt. As Shank said..."I don't know you pain, but I'm here for you." You know you can pm me if you'd like to chat. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

(((HUGS))) right back to you my dear. Stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
That awareness is so painful. I get it all the time for my mom, and it's been more than a year. I expect her to call or think I'll drop by and see her garden. Then it hits you. I'm sorry.

I second this. The av is Tigger, but the reassurance is Kanga.
It is the most odd feeling. You think of things you want to share and then it hits you that you can't. It's like reliving the death again for a few seconds. Then the pain and the tears come. A little more heart break before you take a deep breath and push on. I know you understand it DGE...thanks for the support.

I hope everyone has a little warmth and love in their day. (((Hugs))) all around.

Last edited by Apple_of_Eden : 02-04-2017 at 12:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 12:23 AM   #2827
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter
 
Apple_of_Eden's Avatar
 
Apple_of_Eden is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 10,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadiabound View Post
FUCK YOU CANCER. FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC.

GDI FUCK YOU CANCER.

You are trying to take another friend of mine. Ovarian cancer.

I have no words.
I have seen this story play out too many times and it does not have a good ending.

FYC
So very sorry, cb. We all agree that there are no words at these times. All we can do is be there for our loved ones and friends...like we are here. Hugs my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LallyH View Post
Update on my brother's friend....

Following a second scan, it seems that the colonic mass is contained and they are confident that surgery will be the main part of his treatment, followed by appropriate chemo. The lung shadow has been dismissed.

Hurray!!!
That's good news. I'm glad to hear the lung shadow isn't of concern. That would have been so much worse. So happy they're confident about surgical removal looking positive. Best wishes to your brother's friend and family, and to all of you for supporting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seela View Post
Sometimes the symptoms are hard to notice as cancer, though. J's mom's case was like that. The only symptom she had was that she'd start getting fever regularly. Like once a week she'd get a relatively high spike of fever for a few hours and then it was back to normal again. This was right around the time when she had a stressful period at work and then her mother passed away, so the first month or so she just wrote it off as a weird thing caused by the crazy amount of stress she was under.

Then she went to see a doctor and was diagnosed with colon cancer, stage IVA, metastasis in her liver. Not exactly something anybody in the family expected it to be, considering she really only went in because of the fever. It's been a rough year for us, especially as the doctors didn't seem too hopeful at first.

She's been through a lot and has had crazy amounts of chemo, she has switched from one drug to another and back again several times over this past year. Last week she was operated and is currently recovering in the hospital. She had quite a bit of parts of her removed and there will be another operation in March or April depending on how fast she recovers where she will have even more stuff removed.

Right now the prognosis looks pretty good, though, so everybody's been able to relax a little, at least until last night when she suddenly developed a high fever again. Time will tell.

That is one strong woman to have gone through all of that and to still keep fighting. I know it's extremely hard on those who love her too. seela, my thoughts are with all of you and I hope her recovery is strong.

***

To everyone who has posted ...Stay strong.

Last edited by Apple_of_Eden : 02-03-2017 at 01:45 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 01:29 AM   #2828
cookiecat
Literotica Guru
 
cookiecat's Avatar
 
cookiecat is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_of_Eden View Post
<snip>

It is the most odd feeling. You think of things you want to share and then it hits you that you can't. It's like reliving the death again for a few seconds. Then the pain and the tears come. A little more heart break before you take a deep breath and push on. I know you understand it DGE...thanks for the support.

I hope everyone has a little warmth and love in their day. (((Hugs))) all around.

Apple - so good to see you. Thanks for sharing where you're at. Much love.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #2829
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadiabound View Post
FUCK YOU CANCER. FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC FYC.

GDI FUCK YOU CANCER.

You are trying to take another friend of mine. Ovarian cancer.

I have no words.
I have seen this story play out too many times and it does not have a good ending.

FYC
I am so very sorry to hear this CB...sending prayers and hopefully comforting hugs your way...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #2830
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by LallyH View Post
Update on my brother's friend....

Following a second scan, it seems that the colonic mass is contained and they are confident that surgery will be the main part of his treatment, followed by appropriate chemo. The lung shadow has been dismissed.

Hurray!!!
Congratulations!!!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #2831
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by seela View Post
Sometimes the symptoms are hard to notice as cancer, though. J's mom's case was like that. The only symptom she had was that she'd start getting fever regularly. Like once a week she'd get a relatively high spike of fever for a few hours and then it was back to normal again. This was right around the time when she had a stressful period at work and then her mother passed away, so the first month or so she just wrote it off as a weird thing caused by the crazy amount of stress she was under.

Then she went to see a doctor and was diagnosed with colon cancer, stage IVA, metastasis in her liver. Not exactly something anybody in the family expected it to be, considering she really only went in because of the fever. It's been a rough year for us, especially as the doctors didn't seem too hopeful at first.

She's been through a lot and has had crazy amounts of chemo, she has switched from one drug to another and back again several times over this past year. Last week she was operated and is currently recovering in the hospital. She had quite a bit of parts of her removed and there will be another operation in March or April depending on how fast she recovers where she will have even more stuff removed.

Right now the prognosis looks pretty good, though, so everybody's been able to relax a little, at least until last night when she suddenly developed a high fever again. Time will tell.
Thoughts and prayers for you mom!!!!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #2832
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Need_2_cum I am doing remarkably well sweetheart despite struggles with some pretty permanent and damaging side effects from the chemo and radiation...and I am so sorry about your friend...

Lost one of the three women who had my type of cancer and was being treated the same way and approximately the same time... We were friends before the chemo and got much closer because of the similarities in our disease and treatment...It came back and unfortunately it killed my friend Tana...I hope she has finally found peace....

Fuck You Cancer...
cmslt...you are always in my prayers, sweetie!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #2833
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015
 
Etoile's Avatar
 
Etoile is offline
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 16,998
Hi all, Sir and I are crewing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer again this year. It's his 15th year, my 2nd. If anyone's interested in donating, drop me a PM for the link. I'm happy to answer any questions.
__________________
This is LIT-erotica where the size of your polysyllable matters. --VelvetDarkness
Come to think of it she's kinda like Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way. --graceanne
Etoile you are all kinds of the best --Lord_Steve
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #2834
cmslt2326
Really Experienced
 
cmslt2326 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotluvsoral View Post
cmslt...you are always in my prayers, sweetie!
Thanks again...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2017, 12:41 AM   #2835
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In der Tiefe, in der Tiefe singen sie.
Posts: 5,743
Caught up with an old friend today. He's my age but looks 20 years older, and I don't like his chances of seeing next year. Fuck GBM.

And just the other day another friend was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Still waiting on identification for that one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #2836
Azuldrgon
Brat Lover
 
Azuldrgon's Avatar
 
Azuldrgon is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Between a Sound and a Mountain.
Posts: 44,565
On Friday, my so was remembering that it was ten years ago that lung cancer took her mom. Ten fucking years........

FYC!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #2837
emmy_christina
Happy Valentine's Day !!!
 
emmy_christina's Avatar
 
emmy_christina is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Westchester County NY
Posts: 34,881
Happy Valentine's Day my sweet friends here.
YOU ALL are my Valentine's. Without your love support, I would not be smiling right now. So thank YOU.

I had my reconstruction surgery last week. So happy that the expanders and the saline are out. No more concrete boobies, but back to soft ones .
My test results are coming back great, so that is a relief.
But still a long road, 5 years on chemo pills to prevent the cancer from coming back. And there days that they really do a number on me, specially my bones. But I m not complaining. I know that a lot of people are worst of than me. And I think of YOU all the time, YOU ALL are in my http://pho.to/AcGH6

So Happy Valentine's Day, and FYC
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #2838
Shankara20
Bark! Bark!
 
Shankara20's Avatar
 
Shankara20 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bi-Switch land....
Posts: 39,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy_christina View Post
Happy Valentine's Day my sweet friends here.
YOU ALL are my Valentine's. Without your love support, I would not be smiling right now. So thank YOU.

I had my reconstruction surgery last week. So happy that the expanders and the saline are out. No more concrete boobies, but back to soft ones .
My test results are coming back great, so that is a relief.
But still a long road, 5 years on chemo pills to prevent the cancer from coming back. And there days that they really do a number on me, specially my bones. But I m not complaining. I know that a lot of people are worst of than me. And I think of YOU all the time, YOU ALL are in my http://pho.to/AcGH6

So Happy Valentine's Day, and FYC
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #2839
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru
 
scotluvsoral's Avatar
 
scotluvsoral is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy_christina View Post
Happy Valentine's Day my sweet friends here.
YOU ALL are my Valentine's. Without your love support, I would not be smiling right now. So thank YOU.

I had my reconstruction surgery last week. So happy that the expanders and the saline are out. No more concrete boobies, but back to soft ones .
My test results are coming back great, so that is a relief.
But still a long road, 5 years on chemo pills to prevent the cancer from coming back. And there days that they really do a number on me, specially my bones. But I m not complaining. I know that a lot of people are worst of than me. And I think of YOU all the time, YOU ALL are in my http://pho.to/AcGH6

So Happy Valentine's Day, and FYC
So happy for you, sweet Emmy! You know that you are one of my heroes!!!
__________________
Experience your life fully & never use the autopilot function!!! Remember to bounce some every day!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #2840
cascadiabound
The Mystery of RED 銀果
 
cascadiabound's Avatar
 
cascadiabound is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: In a Privateer's Dreams
Posts: 11,647
Sigh...I feel slightly silly posting this...But as I write, I am listening to the very last broadcast of The Vinyl Cafe...A Canadian radio show hosted by a fabulous story teller named Stuart McClean. It is the last broadcast because he died this week of cancer at the age of 68. A real loss.

When I heard the news of his death this week, at the end of a particularly long and hard day, I, rather uncharacteristically, burst into tears.

FYC. FYC. FYC. FYC. FYC.

*stamping my feet in frustration...Beating my fists against the sky*
__________________
“Life is full of stories. Or maybe life is only stories."
“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” MLK, Jr.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #2841
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In der Tiefe, in der Tiefe singen sie.
Posts: 5,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
Caught up with an old friend today. He's my age but looks 20 years older, and I don't like his chances of seeing next year. Fuck GBM.

And just the other day another friend was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Still waiting on identification for that one.
Good news for friend #2: he managed to get something rare that has a good prognosis. Tumour's been removed and he's making a good recovery. Hooray for science!
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 02:08 AM   #2842
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter
 
Apple_of_Eden's Avatar
 
Apple_of_Eden is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 10,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy_christina View Post
Happy Valentine's Day my sweet friends here.
YOU ALL are my Valentine's. Without your love support, I would not be smiling right now. So thank YOU.

I had my reconstruction surgery last week. So happy that the expanders and the saline are out. No more concrete boobies, but back to soft ones .
My test results are coming back great, so that is a relief.
But still a long road, 5 years on chemo pills to prevent the cancer from coming back. And there days that they really do a number on me, specially my bones. But I m not complaining. I know that a lot of people are worst of than me. And I think of YOU all the time, YOU ALL are in my http://pho.to/AcGH6

So Happy Valentine's Day, and FYC
Emmy, I'm so happy you are smiling and that your results are coming back great. Congrats on your surgery and your "soft boobies". Hugs to you and your new girls.

cmslt: Keep strong. I know you are having some tuff times, fight through it all. You are strong. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Be strong everyone. Fight hard and remember you are surrounded with love and support both at home and here. Each day is a challenge, but we can face each one and succeed. It's like taking a little something away from the cancer when you chalk up one more day.

Be well.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.