Female Writers

I get where you are coming from. A lot of women writers create weak female leads and it irritates me. Always a successful woman (financially) with a damsel in distress interior in need of a man. Then they go on to make even weaker males who are "bad boys with a heart" who make the damsel complete.

Yet people (sheeple) buy that crap up time after time.

On the other side of the coin, there are male authors who objectify their female characters, describing them to the finest detail then never going near as far with their male characters. Then they make equally weak "white knight" male characters.

Male or female, do authors have any imagination any more?

They check it at the door if they want to make money.

50 shades stole every cliche you named and a hundred more and its success speaks for itself.

Even here we see it, readers want to read the same used up plot "mom catches son whacking off: over and over and over again to the point when someone dares to be different their numbers fall below that of the cliche riddled stories.

And sheeple is a fun word, but I prefer lemmings or the "herd"

They check it at the door if they want to make money.

50 shades stole every cliche you named and a hundred more and its success speaks for itself.

Even here we see it, readers want to read the same used up plot "mom catches son whacking off: over and over and over again to the point when someone dares to be different their numbers fall below that of the cliche riddled stories.

And sheeple is a fun word, but I prefer lemmings or the "herd"

I dunno man, I love me a strong female lead or a confident woman, so I put them in my shitty stories and still racked pretty good numbers in spite of/despite the one bombers, even in LW.

I also throw standard plot to the wind. Granted I'm not a chick, but there's that.

I dunno man, I love me a strong female lead or a confident woman, so I put them in my shitty stories and still racked pretty good numbers in spite of/despite the one bombers, even in LW.

I also throw standard plot to the wind. Granted I'm not a chick, but there's that.

I'd rather write a plot that I liked while everyone else hated than to write a plot that has been done before that everyone loved. :)

I prefer smart women rather than amazon ball breakers.

At least 85% of the books I read are mysteries written by women. There are a couple male mystery authors I like, and the rest of what I read is nonfiction.

Back