The King and I (closed)

heartofcourage

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Posts
37,015
Charlotte “Charlie” Weir
Age: 26
http://www.beautifullife.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/04/06.jpg
Daughter of the Baron of Torlain
5’5, 130 lbs, dark brown hair, green eyes, modest curves

“Morning Charlie.”

Charlotte nodded to the palace staff that she passed as she walked through the halls of the grand palace. She had her clipboard tucked beneath her arm and she was on a mission. She was dressed smartly in a tailored black skirt and red silk blouse, her black heels clicking on the marble floors. Brushing her long dark hair out of her eyes, she turned into the private quarters of the royal family and made her way up the long, twisting steps until she entered the main dining area.

“Good morning, your majesty.” She greeted the Queen mother as she ate her breakfast.

Pressing a quick kiss to the woman’s cheek, she grinned at the still beautiful woman. Queen Miranda had recently seen the death of her husband, King Karol, and her youngest son in a tragic car accident. She wondered how the woman, who was like a mother to her, had coped with the tragedy. Her other children, twin girls, were away at university while her oldest son was assuming the duties of government to the best of his ability.

“Is he still asleep?” Charlie asked as the Queen laughed and nodded her head. “Then I’ll go get him up. He has a busy day.”

She smiled once more at the Queen and she moved through the dining room until she was standing at the Prince’s bedroom. Knocking on the door, she paused and listened, waiting for the man to answer. Knocking again, she didn’t even give him the chance as she pushed the door open and entered for herself.

“Get up! You’re going to be late.” She insisted, glancing towards the bed where the figure of her best friend lay still burrowed beneath the blankets. She threw open the curtains to look out at the winter landscape that surrounded the old city. Snow was still blowing from the storm that had moved in over night, coating everything in white.
 
Donovan "Dave" Berston
Age: 28
clean-shaven-1.jpg

Son of Queen Miranda, Prince of Gentavia
6'1", 210lbs, light brown hair, blue eyes, swimmer's build

"Dare you explain to me why I would want to get up on a cold morning to go listen to old men griping about money?"

He peeked out from under the covers at Charlotte,

"And don't you dare tell me that it's my job."

He yawned, covering his mouth with his fist and rolled over, slipping his feet from the covers, the rug under his feet moved and he pulled his feet away, the old wolfhound was laid out at his bed as he always had ever since his father had gotten him.

"Sic her boy,"

but the old dog just thumped his tail in greeting,

"And besides a long day only means that I will be sitting and listening to statistics and progresive reports, you know that."

He shifted his feet and stood up, wearing just boxers he walked over to his dresser,

"I think I should marry you, then you can listen to them and of course go fetch them in their beds each morning."

He gave her a smile and opened the doors to start looking for a suit to wear. They both knew that his griping wasn't serious, he just had a rough week and with the statial visit coming up he was getting too little sleep every day as it was mostly meetings with the heads of state and in the evening he had to oversee the planning of the visit's course. He headed to the shower and after a good shower and shave he felt much better, though he did not look it. Dressed in a dark grey suit, white shirt and grey tie he stepped out of the bathroom, pulled on socks and shoes, tieing the shoelaces and giving Max a pat on the head. He stood up and looked out of the window, then back at Charlotte,

"The beauty of it all pales in comparison with you."

He smiled and moved over to her, giving her a hug,

"And then you are smart as well, I envy the man that will make you a wife."
 
“Well, tough because it is your job, your majesty.” She said, turning from the window to watch her best friend emerge from the covers.

She glanced down at the old wolf hound that was thumping his tail in silent greeting. “And don’t you dare turn ,Max against me. He’s the only one I really like around here.” She teased, patting the old dog’s head as she absently watched Donovan stretch and then move to start his day.

She had worked for the royal family for almost two years now. At first she had been hired to keep Prince Donovan out of trouble after they had graduated from university together. That role had morphed into its current state over the months and now it was Charlie who kept everything running smoothly with the government.

“Maybe I should let you marry me so I wouldn’t have to work another day in my life.” She said with a grin as he chose his clothing and then moved to shower and shave. She waited patiently, flipping absently through her schedule until Donovan emerged ready for his day.

The hug didn’t phase her at all. Since he was six years old, Donovan had declared his every lasting love for her. Of course, a woman without a title couldn’t become queen and since she was the daughter of a baron, it didn’t look like she’d be titled any time soon.

“Alright, Romeo. You have a meeting with the council at ten over the upcoming budget vote, a lunch meeting at one with your defense secretary, and then dinner at 5 with the Lord Wilson over your upcoming trip.” She said, handing him his heavy overcoat. “You also need to make some decisions on your coronation.”
 
Dave Berston

He knew about the early meeting, of course, just the other slipped his mind and the mentioning of his coronation brought a sharp pang to his heart, one he covered by shrugging on the overcoat, it was warm enough in the palace, but the walk to the conference rooms wasn't.

"Of course, why they can't just let a priest thump me on the head and place the crown on my head is beyond me."

He opened the door and strode out, looking fresh and revitalized, while the ones who knew him could see that he was not faring well at all. At the table he gave the customary bow to his mother and then embraced her, resting his chin on her shoulder for the few moments.

"Goodmorning mom."

He drew away and took both her hands in his own and gave her a warm smile,

"I love you."

He knew it was words she was not used to hearing, but did take delight in hearing them, giving her hands a light squeeze, he grabbed a piece of toast and munched on it as he walked towards the door, the servant opening it for him, he stopped outside to wait for Charlotte who he had heard following him.

"So Charlie, slept well?"

He started walking to his meeting, still chewing on his toast
 
“Because it’s all about the pageantry and tradition, Dave. You know that.” Charlie said as she followed him into the dining room, waiting as he greeted his mother and then grabbed a piece of toast before they walked out of the living quarters and into the palace proper.

Charlie gave an unladylike snort as he asked about her sleeping habits. She drew up alongside him, her schedule held tightly to her chest as they walked to the conference rooms.

“Why do you want to know?” She asked, cocking an eyebrow at him. “Hoping that my dreams were full of images of a handsome price?”

She grinned at him as they passed bowing servants, men and women of his council, as well as those that controlled his military and districts around the kingdom. She glanced at each and every one of them as they passed by, wondering what Dave really thought about everything that had happened since his father’s passing.

“I hate to disappoint you, Dave, but I was up late last night with your scheduler getting the last details together for your trip abroad. I didn’t make it to bed until well past 4 this morning.”
 
Dave Berston

"So you did get anymore sleep in than I did."

He gave her s small smile, pausing at one minister who had just stepped out of a doorway, closing the door behind him. First the minister bowed, but Dave shook his hand instead,

"I am not king yet minister Dorvius."

The older man was not happy with the remark, but it was true non the less. They quietly talked and then Dave joined Charlotte as they walked on. The guards pushed open a door and from inside a voice called out,

"His majesty Donovan Berstom and lady Charlotte Weir."

Dave glanced at her,

"I want to slip in one day and see what they do when I am not announced."

He took off his over coat and greeted the people inside with a genuine smile, taking his place at the table,

"So! Let the fun begin."
 
Charlie rolled her eyes as he made light of the fact that neither one of them had received much sleep. She knew that he was up late each night, pacing the floor of his rooms. The crown would weigh heavy on his head, but she hoped to make this transition as smooth as possible.

She bit her lip as he met with his ministers, telling them that he was not king just yet. Many of the men on his council were of the old school, deeply steeped in tradition and everything that came along with that. A hand shake between a king and a man was almost unheard of.

“Well, I’m afraid that anonymity is not in your future, you highness.” She said diplomatically, knowing that it was a big issue with him. “But perhaps I can talk with them about announcing you everywhere you go.”

Slipping into her spot at the table, she took out her pen and paper and began to take copious notes from the meeting that was taking place. She had tried her hardest to get him to take his own notes or to pay more attention, but the meetings could be rather boring and it was a losing battle.
 
Dave Berston

He listened carefully as the ministers stated various numbers, then a mention of reducing the budget for agriculture came up, against it a raise in the funding for the military. His eyes lit up as he listened to the discussion heating up around the subject,

"No."

The word was spoken softly, but it brought an abrupt end to the heated discussion, they were not used to him participating in these discussions, but the authoritive tone struck right to the bone.

"But your majesty..."

Dave's fist crashed down on the table making several people jump, his voice though remained calm.

"I said no. We can upgrade and maintain everything we have on the current budget. If you wish to argue I refer you to page seventeen of your budget report. Also we need to feed our people, agriculture is the most important thing we have to focus our budget on now, that along with our transport sector."

He took chance of the shocked silence to lean back in his chair,

"Pages ten through twelve and pages thirteen through sixteen on your anual and quarterly report minister Darian and page nineteen and thirty on yours minister Navelle."
 
The moment those words left Dave’s lips, Charlie looked over at him with wide eyes. If she could have disappeared from the scene in that very moment, she would have. What was he doing, she thought to herself as he riled up his council members and refused to consider the new plan set forth by them.

She looked around the table and noticed the looks on the other council members faces. Stunned was an understatement. Never did they think that he would have spoken up in such a way. His father had a fiery temper on the worst of days and it seemed that it had passed to his eldest son.

She tried to keep her tongue to herself as she sat up in her chair and listened to Dave come into his own against the men of the old monarchy. This would be his kingship and he certainly had opinions about how it would be run. A slight smile came to her face as she went back to taking notes, shaking her head slightly as he had them on the run.
 
A murmur started and soon the ministers was busy reviewing documentations, talking with their aides. Dave sat back and looked on, very satisfied with the hot air very suddenly removed from balloons that flew too high. His mother would of course hear of this and he will get another lecture about handling people diplomatic. He stifled a sigh and when proceedings went on, he listened. This time around he was not just listening, the ministers actually turned to him for an opinion and suddenly the dull proceedings didn't seem so dreary after all. When the meeting broke off and everybody scurried off to do their thing, Dave leaned back into his chair, elbow resting on the chair's arm as he chewed absent minded on his thumb's knuckle. A slap on his hand brought him out of his reverie and he glared up at Charlotte,

"I wasn't biting my nail and you know it."
 
“You were thinking about it.” Charlie said as he glared up at her after the swat she’d delivered to his hand. She knew him far too well and it was if he’d kept chewing on his knuckle, it would soon turn to his nail.

“You know if you keep poking and prodding at them, your ministers are going to spread rumors that you aren’t willing to work with them.” She said, turning in her seat to look at him fully. “Dave, you have to think about what you do. If not, you’ll be looking at a revolt.”

Charlie knew that Dave was a good man and would be a great king, but things were so tentative lately that there were rumblings from people that wanted to see an end to the monarchy. Luckily it was just hearsay at the moment, but it was still a frightening time.

“And we’ll have to trust you to be diplomatic when it comes to meeting the women that had put forth marriage proposals.” She said, cringing at bit at the thought of her best friend having to look through a bevy of women until he found one that would be his queen and bear him strong heirs.

“In fact, I believe one will be at dinner tonight. Lord Brian’s daughter has expressed interest in meeting with you. From what I’ve heard she’s very intelligent and beautiful.” Angelique Dumas, the daughter of the Lord of Brian was a legendary beauty if not a vain one. It wasn’t a surprise that hers was one of the first proposals that had been heard after the funeral of the king. “Your mother seems to like her at least.”
 
"Actually I wasn't, but anyway, I have been sitting at these meetings listening how my people have to pay and dance to the tune of people who doesn't think of their needs. It was time to step in and speak up. I am willing to co-operate as long as it benefits our people Charlie."

He sighed and rubbed his temples,

"Yes of course the model would make her advances, they very well know that if I am crowned the old laws states that I must get married not later than three months after the corination."

He looked up at her,

"Mother does not like her, she is only polite. You should know that, you're a woman."

He gave her a grin and got to his feet,

"Come let's go see what the minister has to say after I pulled the rug from under him. Ha! The old goat did not expect me to pull extracts from his own reports, just like they all think I do not read the documents they flood me with."

He walked to the door, slippong back into his coat and closing it,

"I have heard that people want to switch to a democrocy, yet all over the world it just proves to be another tirany."

The doors got opened again and they stepped outside, he took in the fresh air and smiled,

"This country is so much part of me as it is of them, I do prefer the old ways, but we must keep up with the times. People change and as rulers we must adapt. I know the ministers are still old school, steeped in tradition, but what happens the day that they fall away and the younger generation takes over Charlie? They will look at my decisions and remarks with fresh eyes, come with new ideas. Perhaps instead of trying to overthrow the throne people should rather start to vote their future leaders into positions where they can start change, change which will benefit the country and our people."

He stopped and chuckled,

"I must bore you when I babble like this."
 
“Dave, you’ve found fault with every woman so far.” Charlie scolded as he found fault with the beautiful woman that would be joining them for dinner that night. “You don’t have much time to find someone and court them.”

She listened to him babble as they walked back towards the private rooms, his voice full of fire and passion that she didn’t know that Dave possessed. He seemed to be able to take control of this government and guide it well. She smiled, truly happy and impressed by her dear friend.

“Trust me, Dave, if you bored me I would have been gone a long time ago.” She said as he stopped and chuckled.

She couldn’t help herself as she reached forward and brushed a strange of his hair away from his forehead. She smiled at him, seeing just how much he’d had to bear and grow up since his father’s death.

“Your father would be incredibly proud.” She said softly, her smile growing softer as they looked at one another.
 
"I only find the faults in them that makes them unfit for being a wife and queen."

He wanted to say more, but knew that Charlotte thought of his love declaration to her to have been a mere childish crush. In fact he had grown not just accustomed to having her around, he had to admit that with her natural grace, smarts and of course a brain behind that beautiful image, she would make the perfect queen...and wife. Her soft touch brought him out of his reverie and he smiled back at her, taking her hand in his, he gave it a gentle squeeze and kissed the back of her hand.

"Thank you, I will strive to not just make him proud, but our people as well."

Squaring his shoulders he walked to the door that got opened for him and his name pronounced once again, he felt like slapping his forehead with a palm, but such behavior did not suit the crown prince. He stopped dead in his tracks, Charlotte colliding with his back as there in the living room stood Count de Larq along with his daughter Lucinda, his mother had a smile on her face as she greeted him, but he could see the weariness in her eyes, he kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear,

"Go rest mother, I will make sure they are settled in before my next meeting."

She nodded and with the grace that suited the queen-mother she made her departure, rather thankful Dave believed. The count bowed in greeting and Dave just smiled,

"Oh come now Duncan, you didn't bow to me as crown prince and as I still am crown prince why is there need to bow now?"

Of course the remark stabbed deep into the armor of the count and as he paled around the jaw line, Dave turned to Charlotte.

"Charlotte, please help lady Lucinda settle in, I wish to have a private word with our esteemed count."

Without preamble he led the way to the study and closed the door behind them.

"This is outrageous..."

"No. You coming here when you were not here for my father's funeral is outrageous. The reason for you visit only to bring your daughter to my attention as possible suitor is outrageous."

Dave turned, his voice calm, yet authoritative, the scorn and anger thinly veiled behind his words.

"I am to be crowned king in two weeks. In that two weeks I am to meet more women than any man my age will ever see. You come to this home only because your title allows you inside of it."

He took a step forward,

"I would advise you to leave when I go on the statical visit. Until then you are welcome as my guest."

He smiled grimly,

"You did not do enough Duncan, your dreams of getting closer to the crown have been undone by your own laxness and I am sure to keep you away from it as long as I am king."

He turned back to the doors,

"Let's hope that Lucinda does not have your aspirations and rather find a nice husband who will not use her."

He opened the doors and stepped out, he did not have anything more to say and he was surprised to find Charlotte waiting for him. Of course he knew that he had a meeting in a few minutes, but first he wanted a drink of ice cold water.
 
Charlie made another note to tell the staff to not announce Dave wherever he went. It obviously bothered him and if there was something that she could do to make his life easier, she would gladly do it. She gasped as she ran into his back, glancing up from her clipboard to see the Count de Larq standing there with his daughter Lucinda. She gritted her teeth, shaking her head.

Lucinda was a nice woman, one that she had gone to boarding school with, but she didn’t have a brain in her head. She was one of the most vapid and idiotic women that she’d ever met in her life, certainly not a woman that needed to be a queen alongside an intelligent man like Dave.

She watched as Dave dismissed his mother, the older woman giving him a smile of thanks. “I’ll have the staff bring you your mail and some tea, your highness.” Charlie said to the queen before she left the room.

Charlie held her breath as Dave started in on the Count, his sarcasm biting deeply before he turned to her and told her to help Lucinda settle in. “Of course, your majesty.” She said, bowing to him with a quick nod of her head before she led Lucinda from the room, hoping that Dave kept himself under control.

She dropped Lucinda off at a vacant room, telling the staff that worked that hall to keep her happy and comfortable before she moved back to where she’d left Dave. He opened the doors and was stepping out with an angered and exhausted look on his face and she knew that everything was taking a toll on him.

“How about I cancel your meeting and we go get some lunch?” Charlie asked, giving him a smile and letting him know that she was willing to help him escape for a little while.
 
He looked at Charlie, almost not comprehending, then he frowned. He was caught between two fires, but a smile touched his lips as the solution came quicker than the problem arose.

"First find a spot for our beloved minister, inform him that we need to reschedule the meeting to a time before I have to leave."

He glanced as the count slinked past, Dave shook his head and then he looked back at Charlotte.

"There was a time I could just have cut him down and it would be my right."

He sighed and undid his jacket, loosening his tie slightly, he rested his fists on his hips,

"I want you to make some time and look into a piece of property bought just outside the city. It was a monarchy deal so I am sure you will find it. Think it was called De Leion or something like that. When I saw the count I was reminded that I have heard something like that during a meeting I wasn't supposed to be at. Think it was still waiting to be titled."
 
“Well, it seems to me that as king you have command over a very large army. Surely they could find room in an old, dank dungeon for your problems.” She said with a smile as he loosened his tie and placed his hand on his hips. Charlie hated that look. It always meant that he was up to something.

She quickly jotted down a note on her paper about the property that he was alluding to. “And who are you going to title it to? I don’t remember anyone waiting for title or privilege.”
 
He looked at her and grinned,

"Just curious to see what happened to it."

He knew that she would know that he was up to something, but he did not need to tell her exactly what was going on in his mind. He glanced at his watch,

"We should most probably get going if we want to get a meal and make it back in time to listen to more squabling."

He pulled the tie off and dumped it into his jacket pocket,

"Say on that crystal ball you are holding to you see that at some time I will talk to the nation?"
 
Charlie cocked an eyebrow and stared up at him for a moment, one hand on her hip as she tried to figure out what he was up to. She shook her head with a sigh and mentally reminded herself to check up on what he wanted.

“I really hate it when you keep secrets from me, Dave.” She said with a smile as he glanced at his watch and stated that they needed to be going if they were going to take a meal.

She nodded and looked at her pad to see when they could squeeze in some time for a public address. “We could get a crew here tomorrow evening, if you like. Maybe we could have a speech written up by your secretary tonight and you can look it over tomorrow.”

She never stopped working, and that was most definitely a problem in her personal life, but she felt that her life needed to be dedicated to the royal family right then. They had been very good to her and she knew how much Dave relied on her to get his job done.

“Where would you like to eat? I can have a security detail meet us there.” She said as she followed him back down the hall, looking at her schedule as they went on their way.
 
He chuckled at her,

"You don't need to know every thought of mine Charlie, you might just not live through the blushing and heart attacks."

He nodded when she told him that he could talk to the people the following evening,

"Yes set the time and place for the team, I will write my own speech, I have a few things that I need to say."

He motioned to one of the guards stationed at the doors,

"Alex, tell Grant that Charlotte Weir and I will be having lunch in the city, I am sure he will know what to do."

He turned to Charlotte as the perplexed guard started mumbling into his microphone,

"You better put that stuff aside Charlie, I am not going to take you on a lunch date with you dragging half your work along."

His voice was mock-serious, he gave her a wink and sauntered over to the window, pulling open the curtains to look outside, leaning on the windowsill with his fists, resting his forehead against the chilly glass as he waited for the report from his head of security. Why now? Why was he plunged into this now? Losing his father and his brother? Having to deal with business of the state while unrest grows under the populace? He suppressed a sigh and swallowed back the tears that was welling up. The loss of his father weighed heavily on him, his father was his closest friend and confidant in all matters, even in the dreary business of love.

"Your highness? All is ready."

He pushed away from the window, running a hand over his face, before pulling the curtain close again.

"Good, Charlie you ready?"

He turned, a small smile on his lips
 
Charlie looked at Dave for a long moment, her head tilted to the side as his mind ran a mile a minute. He was scheming something and she wasn’t sure that she liked being in the dark completely. He’d always been a trickster, a mischievous smile, and filled with the need to please people. He’d also always professed a deep and undying love for her in his own little ways. She knew that he was attracted to her, but she also knew that he owed it to his country to find a woman that welded more power than her poor little Barony did.

She glanced down at her clipboard when he mentioned it and then looked up at him, shaking her head. “When I took this position in your household, you became my work, Dave. It’s my job to make sure that you stay on track and because of that, the clipboard stays with me.”

She had always been serious about her job. It was a bone of contention between her and her father whenever she talked to him. He hated the thought of his daughter working like a servant for the royal family, but it was a moot point when she pointed out that he could barely support himself and her mother. She owed it to him to make her own way in life. That way, when her brother was older, he would not be mired in the debt that much of the gentry found themselves slaves to.

She watched as Dave moved to the window, looking out at the snowy landscape as he rested his forehead against the chilly glass. She felt bad as his features turned melancholy and she knew that he was thinking about his father. They had always been close and she could only imagine what he was going through. He’d lost his little brother, he’d lost his confidant, he’d lost everything in one brief moment.

She moved forward and touched his shoulder, her clipboard set aside as she wrapped her arms around him and hugged her best friend tightly. She could feel his pain and she knew that she pushed him too hard sometimes. She did it for his own good though and she hoped that one day he would see that as such.

When the guard announced that all was ready, she sighed and let him go, taking a step away as he asked if she were ready. She gave him a slight smile and nodded.

“Sure. Let’s get out of here for a while.” She said, taking the arm that he offered.
 
Dave led Charlotte through the opened doors and outside where the motorcade waited. As was expected there would be more than one car, but unlike his father who had six cars escorting him, Dave only had two. He was pleased to see that Charlotte had not picked up her clipboard after that brief hug. He allowed her to get in first, casting a glance over the grounds. Even after all these years it was still a lovely home. He got in and when Grant gave him a questioning look he just nodded. Grant was stocky, short and balding, he came into service under Dave's father and have proved to be the best there was. The motorcade sped away underway to a cozy little restaurant, it was not the ritziest, it wasn't the most expensive. It was a little place tucked into a modest building, it was in need of renovation, but the food was fabulous and the couple running it made sure that each guest got treated like family. They of course knew who Dave was, but they never made him feel out of place, Dave on the other hand had been thinking of ways to help them, but it seemed that just having it public knowlege that the crown prince dined there and through that attracted more clients seemed enough help already. Dave snapped out of his reverie and grinned and Charlotte,

"So Charlie, you gonna let down your hair a bit?"
 
Charlotte knew the moment that they pulled up in front of the restaurant that Dave had a hand in getting them there. It was his favorite spot in the city and he had taken her there more times then she could remember. The food was fantastic and the owners were warm and welcoming. Dave always seemed to lighten just a bit the moment they walked in the door.

She glanced at him as he grinned at her and asked if she was going to let her hair down a bit. She raised an eyebrow at him and shook her head slightly, motioning for a bottle of wine to share between them.

“I never let my hair down, Dave. You should know that.” She had always been a serious child, but one that enjoyed life. She was the balance to Dave’s mischief and bold words. “I do have to say that it’s nice to get away from everything for a while.”

She sat back against her chair, sighing as she stretched her legs out in front of her and smiled at Dave. “So, tell me, is there anyone out there that has caught your attention? I mean, once you are crowned, you better have someone that you’re going to marry.”
 
He smiled at her words and actions, there was no harm in trying was there? He watched her make herself comfortable and her question brought a whole bunch of replies to mind, but he decided to stick with the one he liked the most.

"Yes there is a very particular lady who have caught my attention. I will just have to wait for the right moment to ask her if she is willing to rule with me."

He grinned,

"She is in fact perfect for the role of queen and wife, I am sure that once I have her hand in marriage she will help me settle the turmoil of the people's minds."

The wine arrived and he poured them both a glass, it was not that he did not like being waited on, he just wasn't so spoiled that he did not appreciate the work Charlotte put into running the country with him. She needed to relax a bit and just this little bit was as much as he could offer.
 
Charlotte wasn’t a fool. She knew that he spoke about her when he described the woman that he wanted to wed. She smiled at him, taking a sip of the fine wine that had been placed in front of them. He was a handsome prince with a successful country. What was here not to like about Dave? Still, she couldn’t let herself get too comfortable with the idea.

“We’ve been over this, Dave. You know I can’t be that woman.” She insisted, looking at him across the table and sighing softly. “You need someone with a little more wealth and a little more power.”
 
Back
Top