Four Chords

no one made more great music with 3 chords than Neil Young.

yeah, I know it's a 4 chord thread.

Learning chords is like learning a foreign language.

When I was first learning to strum guitar with my gaggle of gfs/bandmates, we all decided to learn a half dozen chords each and share our knowledge. Well, we had a habit of partaking in libations on jam nights, and would frequently make up chord names based on our names and by assigning a number. To this day, I call some of the chords "michelle 3" and "tammy 5"* and I have no idea what the real chord names are. The chords only work when we play together. I cannot jam with anyone else.

* not real names, weirdos

When I was first learning to strum guitar with my gaggle of gfs/bandmates, we all decided to learn a half dozen chords each and share our knowledge. Well, we had a habit of partaking in libations on jam nights, and would frequently make up chord names based on our names and by assigning a number. To this day, I call some of the chords "michelle 3" and "tammy 5"* and I have no idea what the real chord names are. The chords only work when we play together. I cannot jam with anyone else.

but don't you have a smokin' hot rock & roll tuba band?

9's always come with 7ths. If they don't, they're called 2's.
You can refer to them as add 9 chords. You add the ninth but not the seventh. Major ninths can be really nice in the right instance.

This is both amusing and not surprising to me.

but don't you have a smokin' hot rock & roll tuba band?

Oh, hell no. I was just borrowing that. Do you know how much brass instruments cost. Good god. Guitars are so much cheaper.

You can refer to them as add 9 chords. You add the ninth but not the seventh. Major ninths can be really nice in the right instance.

This is both amusing and not surprising to me.
Hey, sweet cheeks. So good to see you posting around these parts. You know how much I suck at every instrument I play.

Holy shitballs. My pal I was just writing about? After eons of not playing together, she just texted me that we need to get together. That sorta freaks my shit out. Girl, are you a member here? Or did the universe send you that message? World = weird.

Oh, hell no. I was just borrowing that. Do you know how much brass instruments cost. Good god. Guitars are so much cheaper.

Hey, sweet cheeks. So good to see you posting around these parts. You know how much I suck at every instrument I play.

I guess....and the tubas must be too hard to smash at the end of a show.

589_1000.jpg

"Four Chords. Isn't that a negro singing group from the 1960's?"

I know shapes moreso then names

Blank.

Doesn't inspire.

You know that word? from Latin?

Inferre... incendere, animare...

"bring to life"

None of what you've posted has that quality or understands that idea.

Dry.

I'm really fond of the C9 chord. I think thats what it is. A C major with the B open. Nice and mellow

I'm really fond of the C9 chord. I think thats what it is. A C major with the B open. Nice and mellow
C major chord leaving the B-string open would be a C Maj 7. (To be a 9th, you'd need to add the note D.)

Back