story titles and series names

• Thread starter Latenight_Pondering
  • Start date
L

Latenight_Pondering

Howdy, I was hoping to get some input on my story list. I've been more focused on writing them than naming them and making sure there's some kind of coherent order on my profile page. Now I'm seeing what happens without preplanning titles.

What I've currently got looks like this:

Arboreal 01: Arrivals
Arboreal 02: Reunions
Going Home

Mapping Command: 4 Part Series
Mapping Command 01
Mapping Command 02
Mapping Command 03
Mapping Command 04

No. 38 River Street

Sparrow & Tulip: 3 Part Series
Sparrow & Tulip
Sparrow & Tulip Pt. 02
Sparrow & Tulip Pt. 03

The Alnatic Encounter: 5 Part Series
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 01
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 02
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 03
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 04
The Alnatic Encounter Epilogue

Township Route 1306

Obvioulsy this is a pain to figure out the story order. What I think would be a better layout:

Diaspora Volume I
Sparrow & Tulip
Sparrow & Tulip Pt. 02
Sparrow & Tulip Pt. 03
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 01
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 02
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 03
The Alnatic Encounter Ch. 04
The Alnatic Encounter Epilogue

Diaspora Volume II
Mapping Command 01
Mapping Command 02
Mapping Command 03
Mapping Command 04
Arboreal 01: Arrivals
Arboreal 02: Reunions

Hauntings in the hills series
Going Home
No. 38 River Street
Township Route 1306

Is it worth editing the titles so it all goes in one long list? If I'm editing just the story title, do I need to repost the story in the editing box as well? Is this a non-issue and I'm being OCD?

The only way Literotica will display them as a story series is if the start of each title is identical except for a numeral:

Story Ch. 01
Story Ch. 02 etc

If you want to rename them so they are in order either edit with a note in the Notes Box that it is just a title change OR

Send a Private Message to Laurel asking for them to be retitled. It will be a very low priority for her, as will title edits.

One glitch - the urls remain the same so you might get duplicated series lists. I have in my list of stories.

Is it worth editing the titles so it all goes in one long list? If I'm editing just the story title, do I need to repost the story in the editing box as well? Is this a non-issue and I'm being OCD?

Non issue. OCD. Only you know that Diaspora Volume 1 contains two sub-sets. If you don't tell Laurel that straight up, how will she ever know?

If you try to fix it now, you'll most likely end up with multiple listings as Ogg notes, which will just be an even more confusing mess.

Don't bother changing titles now, you'll just be wasting everyone's time. Besides, if you have loyal fans, they'll probably figure it out for themselves, if they read everything in your story file.

Next series, figure out your title structure first - that's the easy solution.

thanks, both of you. definitely a noob mistake i won't make again.

This is happening with my stories. Is it still OK to pm Laurel about it? I am pretty sure the last story I posted didn't get added to the series I asked it to be, and I also have a series out of order.

This is happening with my stories. Is it still OK to pm Laurel about it? I am pretty sure the last story I posted didn't get added to the series I asked it to be, and I also have a series out of order.
Sometimes the title wrangling just goes wrong. Looking at your story list, it's pretty clear what order they're meant to be read. I personally wouldn't worry about it - I have a duplicate story listing for some unknown reason, but it's a meh, not worth bothering about. Smart readers will figure it out...

Sometimes the title wrangling just goes wrong. Looking at your story list, it's pretty clear what order they're meant to be read. I personally wouldn't worry about it - I have a duplicate story listing for some unknown reason, but it's a meh, not worth bothering about. Smart readers will figure it out...

Yeah, I guess it's just my OCD.

Back