Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 12-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #26
Damoiselle
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaF0 View Post
Which is why I think all that should be left out of submissions here. This is supposed to be a fun site.
What, now? What about stories with combat scenes or intense emotion as just...part of their plot. Should those be denied?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 AM   #27
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I've started reading quite a few stories that took turns I didn't like. Just clicked the back button.
Quote:
Which is why I think all that should be left out of submissions here. This is supposed to be a fun site.
Fun? Depends on your definition of fun. The LIT part of Literotica sets a few expectations but "fun" isn't one of them that springs out to me. Entertaining perhaps, but a lot of readers come here looking to read something beyond a straight stroke story and they're gratified when they find it. It's a wide and diverse audience out there that we have and readers come back for a variety of reasons.
- "Save the Last Dance For Me" - My Dad and Me and our Chinese Catholic Church Fathers and Daughters
Halloween Dance

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee

Old 12-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #28
RetroFan
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Fun? Depends on your definition of fun. The LIT part of Literotica sets a few expectations but "fun" isn't one of them that springs out to me. Entertaining perhaps, but a lot of readers come here looking to read something beyond a straight stroke story and they're gratified when they find it. It's a wide and diverse audience out there that we have and readers come back for a variety of reasons.

I was pleasantly surprised recently when I posted a new lesbian story called 'April Leads Julie Astray'. The story dealt with some very serious issues for the two girls - Julie had polio as a child and April's early childhood was in a very unhappy home. While I put some comedy into the mix - such as a bumbling fat guy having a crush on Julie - I was worried how readers might react to such serious themes. But they loved it, and the story scored plenty of views, positive comments and high scores.