The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:kiss: Good morning Naked's. This weekend is really big here in Gettysburg. They have the reenactments going on and the town is full to the brim with :eek: tourist! :eek: Which means that you have to sand in line if you go out to dinner and the traffic is awful because there's a circle in the town center and tourist don't know what to do with it...lol.

But tonight there will be a big fireworks show and I can watch it from my front yard...sitting in my swing, drinking something sweet and cold....

Ya'll have a great 4th!:kiss::heart:

Have a grand and glorious Fourth, Naked Ones...and all the rest of you too! :D

Great show, bear. It's probably the only show I'll get to see if this damned rain doesn't quit.

Sigh. Anyway...

Happy Fourth, Naked!!!

Great show, bear. It's probably the only show I'll get to see if this damned rain doesn't quit.

Sigh. Anyway...

Happy Fourth, Naked!!!

I was looking at the weather map. The only wet spot in the entire nation is sitting right over your head. WTF? Have a happy fifth? Of July, of course! :D

Enter stage left, leaves clothes in closet

I understood that "a fifth" was a unit of liquid. . . . .

Greetings to all in the USA. We'll sit and await November 5th for the Fireworks.

I think I'll have along cold something with ice. Scotch & soda, maybe ?

Everybody all OK then ?

Greetings to all in the USA. We'll sit and await November 5th for the Fireworks.

Everybody all OK then ?

Yes, that was the implication. I'm putzing around the kitchen, consuming the cooking sherry as I go. :D

Hello folks. Hope you're having a good day. And having some great celebrations if your American.

Family Day at my workplace. Outside the conference centre they had lots of fairground things: pillow fighting pole, bucking bronco machine, football range, old-fashioned coconut shy, laser clay pigeon range, etc. There was a band, pottery making sessions, someone doing Japanese acupressure shoulder and back massages, and the local vintage car club was offering rides round the site in their old cars. Inside the conference centre there was Lego robot building and multiplayer computer games, as well as a display by the site history group that I'm a part of. Had a really wonderful afternoon.

Some American engineers from one of our US subsiduaries had some of their stuff across to show off. Guess that meant they missed their national day.

Then watching the highlights on the TV of another special event for today: start of the 2009 Tour de France. Go Bradley Wiggins!! Third place not too shabby.

So what've you lot been up to?

OK time out! :eek: Who have you seen NOT naked in here!? :eek: For shame!

;)

VM never takes that hat off. :rolleyes:

EDITED TO ADD:

Yes, that was the implication. I'm putzing around the kitchen, consuming the cooking sherry as I go. :D

Ooh, speak of the devil! You snuck up whilst I was typing. Hello!

Last edited:
I was looking at the weather map. The only wet spot in the entire nation is sitting right over your head. WTF? Have a happy fifth? Of July, of course! :D

I slept most of the afternoon away in the hopes that the weather would improve once I woke. Crap. No such luck.

Everybody all OK then ?

A fifth, as in "fifth of a gallon" is indeed a unit of measurement used in liquor distribution. I believe I'll go distribute some find bourbon into my belly right now.

I have the most beautiful ribs, dressed in the tastiest of rubs, slow baked in the oven and ready for the grill. My grandmother's famous mac and cheese casserole with go with it, along with a tasty fresh califlower and a green salad. It's just not going to taste as good without the sunshine and hot weather. Sigh.

Hi, Beastie.

A fifth, as in "fifth of a gallon" is indeed a unit of measurement used in liquor distribution. I believe I'll go distribute some find bourbon into my belly right now.

Hi, Beastie.

Hi there!

I thought it was a fifth of a gill, a standard shot size from bar optics, though more generous bars serve quarter gills. If you are serving by the 1/5th gallon then you've got much more generous pub measures than us!

A fifth of a gallon is the old, pre-metric wine bottle. Now they sell something just shy of that and get an extra bottle's worth of profit out of . . . every half barrel? Something like that. It's the only metric measurement that U.S. industry seized onto immediately. :rolleyes:

That sounds like fun, Beastie, and a good exchange for sitting around getting drunk watching fireworks.

That sounds like fun, Beastie, and a good exchange for sitting around getting drunk watching fireworks.

Couldn't get the wife away from the vintage cars until she'd been given a spin round the site roads in all the cars that were offering rides! Included an Autin 7 which had done Peking to Paris a few years back.

We won a coconut on the old-fashioned coconut shy. Now have to decide what to do with it. I'm not really a fan of coconut milk or flesh, but I'm sure we'll think of something which doesn't use it as the main ingredient.

Hi there!

I thought it was a fifth of a gill, a standard shot size from bar optics, though more generous bars serve quarter gills. If you are serving by the 1/5th gallon then you've got much more generous pub measures than us!

Well, yes, that would be a generous lot a the bar, but it's used for distribution of said liquor, not serving. Well, it used to be. As VM said, the size was reduced a bit.

I'm home from a very chilly bbq, consumed too much red wine and am in need of some cheering up.

So I'd better not ask if you want anything from the bar, then. Booze, and red wine especially, can lower a low mood even more. :(

Grab a good book and snuggle down on the sofa, why don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back