What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting at my sister's on a mission to repair some more fuck ups I made this year.

Defragging my laptop and thinking about what beverages to buy to ring in the new year.

If only the rest of the world were interested in mending fences and making amends...

The world would be a much better, more civil place.

Good luck!

So, true. It is sad that most people think of only themselves.

Thank you and have a GREAT new year!!!

Enjoying a nice cold beer before getting things ready for the party tonight:)....

That actually sounds like fun... are you looking to move? Hence the "property stalking" ?

Well, breakfast at Waffle House became lunch at Steak N Shake. But the property stalking plan was carried out as planned.

yes, I'm on the hunt for a property in the country with more land where I can have a garden, perhaps raise some chickens and other animals, and hopefully be able to shoot, maybe hunt. I'm following a plan to remodel my current home in preparation to sell it perhaps in a year or 15 months. But in the meantime, I keep looking at the online MLS listings just to see what is available. If something catches my eye that I could conceivably buy and pay for while I still have my current house, and then when I sell it, I could pay down on the new property, I would be willing to do that. The trouble is that what I could afford to buy IN ADDITION to what I have now puts me in a sub 100,000 price range. There is not a lot of property with acreage available for that price range. If I were to sell my house in conjunction with buying a new place, my price range would go up to 150,000 approximately. The trouble is that I have a hard time looking without wanting to make a move sooner than I should. It's like window shopping: ultimately unsatisfying. :rolleyes:

Sitting at my sister's on a mission to repair some more fuck ups I made this year.

If only the rest of the world were interested in mending fences and making amends...

The world would be a much better, more civil place.

Good luck!

I don't really celebrate New Years as a big deal in the sense that it is the whole 'new beginning' opportunity. This is because I think it is no more special than a new month, new week, or new day as to the possibility for new beginnings. If there is something about your life you aren't satisfied with, you can make up your mind to change it at any time, rather than wait for a special day of the calendar.

But having said that, I like the idea of mending fences, so to speak, on this day, or at least picking some day to do that. That is a very good tradition.

WAIDRN: I have two story posts that came in while I was property stalking, so I'm preparing to enjoy reading those. I'm also reviewing the property listings that I have bookmarked, to plan when to 'stalk' the others I haven't seen yet. I've got spaghetti cooking, and after dinner I plan to crack open a few bottles of Woodchuck hard cider and relax this evening. Oh, and I'm also watching House Hunters international. That possibility of moving to Belize is still on the table. :)

I don't really celebrate New Years as a big deal in the sense that it is the whole 'new beginning' opportunity. This is because I think it is no more special than a new month, new week, or new day as to the possibility for new beginnings. If there is something about your life you aren't satisfied with, you can make up your mind to change it at any time, rather than wait for a special day of the calendar.

But having said that, I like the idea of mending fences, so to speak, on this day, or at least picking some day to do that. That is a very good tradition.

WAIDRN: I have two story posts that came in while I was property stalking, so I'm preparing to enjoy reading those. I'm also reviewing the property listings that I have bookmarked, to plan when to 'stalk' the others I haven't seen yet. I've got spaghetti cooking, and after dinner I plan to crack open a few bottles of Woodchuck hard cider and relax this evening. Oh, and I'm also watching House Hunters international. That possibility of moving to Belize is still on the table. :)

I agree in some ways, but if the idea that a new year motivates some, then it is a wonderful thing.

Have a Woodhuck for me. It is a rum night for me. I am very excited about this. It has been years.

Replying to New Year messages, with some horrendous spellings it would seem!

Debating another glass of something fizzy, even though my head is already a little fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back