The Beginning of The End (closed)

Maggie watched everything happen before her eyes "Dad if anyone is sick they need to be put down, I do not mean to hurt you, but you and this family are my responsibility has anyone shown signs of being sick or not feeling well?" She asked and checked over her father, who had been a doctor but still she did not want anyone in her family fucked.
 
Hershel let Maggie know that everyone was doing fine right now. Nobody was sick, which was good. Meanwhile, Wade finished unpacking all of their bags and it was all set. So now, he just started to wait, sitting on the bed since Maggie was talking with her father privately.
 
She nodded and sighed softly "Lets hope it stays that way. Right now we need to get supplies because soon? There will be nothing. Everyone needs to be armed no exception and no one goes out alone. This shit is not what they are saying it is"
 
Even though Hershel did not agree with having firearms around, he was not going to disagree with his daughter. “Okay, whatever you say. We’ll keep an eye on everything here.” Otis, the farmhand, and his wife were also at the farm. He was a hunter that knew how to use weapons, so that was helpful.
 
She hated doing this but had no choice in the matter. "We need supplies food..water and fuel so as many as we can fit we need to go now" she was in survival mode. "I hate guns as much as you trust me"
 
Hershel agreed with the idea with Maggie. “Alright. Fine. Do what you need to do. Is there anything else you need to talk about?” He asked quietly, looking at his daughter. Hershel was not in love with the idea, but if it would keep them safe, then that was okay.
 
She smiled "stay safe I only have one father" she kissed him and she went off to check on Wade. She leaned against the door
 
Smiling, Wade’s eyes flickered to Maggie. “Hey there, babe. How did everything go?” He asked, standing up from the bed, walking towards his girlfriend, reaching down to grab both of her hands. “You alright, Maggie?”
 
She sighed softly looking at her family looking down she wanted to cry that much could be told. "They are forced to grow up faster then they should, nothing will be like how it went. It will be a world of looking out for one's self"
 
Wade could tell that she wanted to cry. Instead of saying anything, he simply wrapped his arms tightly around the woman, pulling her into his arms, holding her head against his shoulder. “I love you. You are so strong. I know that we’re going to survive.”
 
She smiled at h im "We will yes but the rest of my family? they are farmers not hunters or survivers" She sighed softly but she held him close, grateful that he was there. She sighed softly almost sadly.
 
“Why don’t you stay here, at the farm? I’ll go out with Otis for a supply run into town. It seems like you have a pretty good idea about how to fortify this place. You can work on that, I’ll get what supplies I can. I’ll be back before nightfall.”
 
She smiled and nodded she kissed him "Just watch yourself" She said softly trying so hard to just smile and be the kind of woman they all needed. "I will get to it" She said simply and started to gather what she was going to need.
 
Before leaving. Wade kissed Maggie goodbye. He got the bags they needed, the weapons they needed, and started to move out with Otis, out to his truck, now leaving the farm to go into the city and see what they could find.
 
She was not to sure what would happen but in this world she had what she needed, she had a knife stuck to her thigh hidden in case it was needed. She walked outside and began to do what she could, putting barbed wire up and told those there to make a fence around the area.
 
Over the next few hours, Wade and Otis did everything they could. However, looting was already horrible. It was dangerous. In the end, they managed to snag a truck full of supplies – from food, to water, to medicine. They were getting back home right as the sun started to set.
 
She had just finished thirty minutes ago and she collapsed on her bed and fell asleep she was so tired, she had a bad feeling the whole damn day and she just needed to sleep and NOT think about it.
 
The first thing Wade did after returning all supplies to the farm and putting them away was go upstairs to the room he and Maggie shared. He saw her in the bed, so he quietly decided to crawl in beside her.
 
Back
Top