We miss Craigslist!

Craigslist was great for meeting people. Much bigger audience than Lit and I believe more women willing to meet for real. Wish there was another site like it. I still read the missed connections at times. Always entertaining.
 
Craigslist was great for meeting people. Much bigger audience than Lit and I believe more women willing to meet for real. Wish there was another site like it. I still read the missed connections at times. Always entertaining.

I never met anyone from there, but I would now. Personally, I am much more interested in meeting up for real, even if just for one encounter. Much bigger thrill than chat only. This is just my opinion. :)
 
I never met anyone from there, but I would now. Personally, I am much more interested in meeting up for real, even if just for one encounter. Much bigger thrill than chat only. This is just my opinion. :)

The thrill of a CL encounter was great. It was always a rush meeting someone. The risk was always high it felt.
 
Ok guys if you miss CL then Doublist.com is the new CL :)

Not yet, it isn't. Yes, it is available, but the volume of users is a tiny fraction of what CL had. I hope it will grow. The more the word gets around, the more likely that is to happen, but it is currently far from critical mass.
 
Mannnnnnn, Craigslist was the best! Fun, discreet and tons of interesting people the world over. Really my only concern was how much prostitution there was and I’m sure that was indeed an outlet for trafficking. I know Doubelist aims to full that gap—but it’s more amazing to me that someone hasn’t bout a replacement service. There are tons of people out there looking to hook up discreetly, but perhaps the new law is too much of a liability.

Somebody pour one out for CL 🥂 🍻

...And since we are here *Ahem* nods to signature *wink*
 
Not yet, it isn't. Yes, it is available, but the volume of users is a tiny fraction of what CL had. I hope it will grow. The more the word gets around, the more likely that is to happen, but it is currently far from critical mass.

I have to agree with Paradox. Everybody has heard of craigslist so on any given day there were new posting continually happening so with the volume, much easier chance of meeting somebody.
 
Copy and pasted the address and it is a domain for sale. I guess its gone already?

It is double. Not doub.

And the site censors. Any word it deems unacceptable will get you banned. Words like "oral" or "sucks" are examples. The site was one of the leading supporters for the Legistlation that resulted in CL closing. Me personally? I will pass.
 
I had my first bi experience through cl. She said she was a lady and when we met I knew she was a man. I was intrigued and just had to get in her pants! It had been years since I had any bi encounters and this would be my first as an adult!
 
I chatted with many stimulating people on CL. Even met a few. I do miss CL as well as the Yahoo chat rooms.
 
I miss it too, especially since I like sharing my Taboo past with women and couples. I can't find a place to advertise that anymore. I had a lot of good connections in the US, but that changes over time. Without CL there does not seem to be anywhere to go. That's sad.
 
I miss. CL too! It was the perfect venue to find like minded, and interesting people - especially when traveling to new cities. I had many great encounters and still exchange messages with a couple “friends”. The Doublelist recommendation is, at least so far, completely worthless in my view - mostly scams, flakes and fakes. And Lit, doesn’t seem to work for real encounters either - finding the right person at the right time in the right place is problematic at best... only connected with one or two people that have even been a remote a possibility...but never have had a successful experience here. But ya gotta keep trying right? PM if you’re visiting Utah - LOL
 
It is interesting to see how many people were actually using Craigslist to meet people. Of course if people are having too much fun there has to be a law against it. lol
 
I agree. It was amazing to find someone to have erotic chat with, or to meet up with. Now, I’m not entirely sure where to go to find new erotic chat/picture exchanging partners.
 
CL was fun because you go browsing to buy something cheap and used, like a toaster oven and eventually end up finding someone to hookup with.

The fact that it was localized advertising made it very easy to find and not paying for it made it ideal..

It will be missed for the hookup section.
 
What the heck, why did they get rid of the personal section? When did that happen?? I must be behind times, it was still up about a year or 2 ago for Canada... now it's gone :(
 
I never met anyone from there, but I would now. Personally, I am much more interested in meeting up for real, even if just for one encounter. Much bigger thrill than chat only. This is just my opinion. :)

I very much agree Ella. I enjoyed meeting some people through CL.

And, would love to do so again.
 
I met men and women through CL and it was a lot of fun. I miss it as well. Double list does not have enough cities.
 
Back
Top