Would you meet someone from Lit for coffee?

ironically I am I am in the capital city as well however, I am visiting and it's Washington DC not Ottawa

Because it's intimating and scary, especially in the Capital. ;)

Interesting. Not sure why you would find it intimating and scary. I would guess you have met guys in bars, parties, some event or even an online dating site and have later gone on a date with a guy so meeting a guy from Lit for coffee would seem to be the same. You talk some online, find out if there is any interest and attraction and if so, you meet somewhere casually for coffee and see where things go from there. I don't see how it would be any different than any other first date.

I honestly don't understand all of the angst or being scared about meeting someone that I have read in this thread.

I was up at the National Harbor begging someone to come meet me one Wednesday or Thursday afternoon/evening. I was at Ben & Jerry's. I know people have busy lives and a schedule, but it was a beautiful day during the summer.

Now my days are filled and barely get moments like that anymore.

Interesting. Not sure why you would find it intimating and scary. I would guess you have met guys in bars, parties, some event or even an online dating site and have later gone on a date with a guy so meeting a guy from Lit for coffee would seem to be the same. You talk some online, find out if there is any interest and attraction and if so, you meet somewhere casually for coffee and see where things go from there. I don't see how it would be any different than any other first date.

I honestly don't understand all of the angst or being scared about meeting someone that I have read in this thread.

It’s a world of difference meeting someone in a bar vs. a sex site especially for those of us that post pics. The expectation of sexual favours, threat of violence and blackmail is considerably greater than the more even keel of meeting someone in a bar...

I never say never, but I haven’t yet found the courage to do it...

I have. 2 people, a number of times. Seems like another life time.... I'd do it again.

It’s a world of difference meeting someone in a bar vs. a sex site especially for those of us that post pics. The expectation of sexual favours, threat of violence and blackmail is considerably greater than the more even keel of meeting someone in a bar...

I never say never, but I haven’t yet found the courage to do it...

I would disagree. On Lit you have time to correspond back and forth and get to know the person. You can set expectations for the first meeting which is not really going to happen if you meet somebody in a bar and go out on a date with the person. Sure they could be different in real than online but so can the person who you meet in a bar. I don't think anybody has ever intentionally dated a person they knew was a stalker so people can hide their true selves in any situation. You meet somebody in a public place in the middle of the day or early evening, I doubt there will be any problems. A problem can happen in any situation, not just from Lit.

I would disagree. On Lit you have time to correspond back and forth and get to know the person. You can set expectations for the first meeting which is not really going to happen if you meet somebody in a bar and go out on a date with the person. Sure they could be different in real than online but so can the person who you meet in a bar. I don't think anybody has ever intentionally dated a person they knew was a stalker so people can hide their true selves in any situation. You meet somebody in a public place in the middle of the day or early evening, I doubt there will be any problems. A problem can happen in any situation, not just from Lit.

You haven’t convinced me... but maybe I am extra cautious because of what I share, x

I’d be happy to meet for a coffee in NYC sometime with a smart, funny and curious woman open to possibilities

I have met people from Lit. It was awesome. I’d do it again in a heartbeat with the right person. Doesn’t seem like there are many/any people in Michigan.

I'd meet a special someone from lit - in fact, I hope to soon. I am yearning for that day.....

Sure. While I tend towards caution there's plenty of crazy hiding behind normal exteriors all around me anyway.

Doesn’t seem like there are many/any people in Michigan.
A lot of us left in the first decade of the millenium. It was the only state that lost population between the 2000 and 2010 census. I run into a fair number of Michigan refugees in Indiana and near my family in Ohio. An economy that was way down even before the rest of the country went into a recession will do it. I'm still trying to find my way back if I can find the right job.

Oh, this is super cute and rich. A dating site or a bar is completely different. 1) Physical attraction is set before progressing. You know what the person looks like (obviously truer in situations where you meet in person). 2) For the most part, you will be able to weed out the married ones. Sure, still a chance you will get someone who is, but you have a better chance of getting to know someone that is unattached. 3) There is no masked secrecy around how you met or this underlying notion that someone could use someone against you (as someone previously mentioned in this thread) 4) Straight men on this site are not meeting or asking to meet straight men for a chat and a coffee, why is this comment important? Because men are meeting women with an expectation of something more. Or hoping something more can come of it. And before all the naysayers come out of the woodwork and start their tribal rant, prove me wrong? Why are you here? 5) I would argue that 90% of men on here who have wanted to meet me are married, so you aren't a friendship, you're a dirty secret even if nothing happens. So, you ask why women don't want to meet? That's why.

For those straight, unattached, under 40 men who are gainfully employed and fucking gorgeous living in the DMV area, please message. I would love to go out for a coffee. But I'm going to bet I get 0 messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never say never if there's a connection but given where I live and the fact Tinder, Bumble and Hinge can't come up with anyone, I doubt there's anyone here.

Ofcourse, although I'm not much of a coffee person but I wouldn't mind it if I'm making a new friend

Back