New Poetry Recommendations

There's been a rush of good stuff the last two or three days, not too many, so go and look through 'em all like I did. Some, you'll pick out by the name of the poet but there are one or two others worth searching for as well.
 
I haven't had the opportunity to leave feedback today as my back is still screwed up and I'm trying not to spend lots of time sitting in front of my computer! However I did read some new poems today and concur with friday's recs, but would add:

UnderYourSpell's Sometime is a sweet and soulful love song, and a very honest piece of writing about the fears that can accompany deep love for one's partner. It choked me up reading it. And she says she can't write free verse!
 
I haven't had the opportunity to leave feedback today as my back is still screwed up and I'm trying not to spend lots of time sitting in front of my computer! However I did read some new poems today and concur with friday's recs, but would add:

UnderYourSpell's Sometime is a sweet and soulful love song, and a very honest piece of writing about the fears that can accompany deep love for one's partner. It choked me up reading it. And she says she can't write free verse!

Oh I second that. I've just read it now. It's shivery UYS--which to me is the ultimate. Ty.
 
Fireside Frolic by EroticOrogeny

This one reminds me a traditional form but I can’t remember what its called. I would appreciate someone enlightening me. I loved it though, in keeping with my well known love of poems with sound play.

A Discussion about Fidelity in the Pub by fridayam

Wow would I have liked to have witnessed that. I enjoy free public theatre courtesy of domestics.

Sinister Christmas by Tristesse2

A ripper. Very funny. I actually misread it initially as meaning he was left wing and the whole scenario became this weird paranoid piece that was even funnier.

A Maiden’s Tale of Woe by UnderYOurSpell
This is a poem to which we can all relate. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll either kiss or kick your computer.

Not Enough by B.J. Gobblecock.
I was actually surprised by this one. Try it. Succinct and a clever use of linebreaks.

Almost by Tristesse2

Very cool poem. Good structure, fabulous reptile eyes line.
 
test post


ok, sorted. that ILC username no longer appears nor vrose's profile when their name's clicked.


g'night everyone :rose:
 
Last edited:
Hollywood by LadyGenevieve
A drive by as a subject for a poem, who knew it could work!
Drunks by bogusagain
Tight as a drum poetry; impressive and precise.
The watchmaker's hands by Liar
Weird little poem that made the bottom of my belly drop out and I couldn’t quite figure it but I loved it all the same.
Control by LadynStFreknBed
This is worth reading if only for the first two lines, which in my humble SNAP! A good take on bdsm subject matter.
Jazzstory by Angeline
Holy crap! I know when I meet genius and this is it. Do yourself a huge favour if you are keen on learning how to write well and read this.
 
All great poems but as I can't vote or comment anymore will you kindly take it as said?
Vee your Another word for Miscarriage is so sad but I'm not sure what 'nipples pricked in anger and aching' means (tried to put this comment on the poem itself)
 
Last edited:
I just spent over an hour reading poems; you guys are getting prolific.

Age Not Withering by fridayam

A great poem, deserving of props. The older you are, the more you are gunna love this one.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=512127

Red Sex by fridayam
This one is very, very honest and I love how much he loves the woman in the poem.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=512296

[the water...] by Senna Jawa

A masterful poem.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=512303

Feedback by lostchicken

All of you who comment regularly should take a look at this one. I found it fucking hilarious, but Aussies are known to enjoy a piss take...it’s been a while since I’ve seen a found poem like this one.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=512186


Hey just noticed this and can't stop smiling. Thanks vrosej for the mention - made my day. I know I'm not a poet but damn it, after getting a inbox full from the mixed feedback from my other work, I felt like venting. Feedback was the result.

Oh & I am in awe of Red Sex - that was a simple exquisite. Definitely one of my favs for 2011.
 
Personal bias disclaimer, I love this poet
Let me trim your shadow
bySeattleRain
"Can you count my fingers, baby?...

yes, and I did note it was pluralized.
anyway this looks like a shift in direction from her.
just thought I'd recommend

there is another I don't quite no what to make of DB1044, some of the others didn't look at, me bad. your job.
 
On the Polder by bogusagain
Bravo dude, bravo. Dense and muscular and rewarding to read.

I Hate My Job Sometimes by Lady_Fiona
This one will get you in the gut. It’s plea for sanity from someone force to confront arseholes day after day.

A la Ogden by greenmountaineer
It made me laugh, might make you laugh too.

Naked on my Goat by fridayam.
The title is just the start of the cool lines in this, read, enjoy.

Fuck Me by Esperanza Hidalgo
Takes the porn poem in new directions. Newbs take notice, be original in your porn.

Ridi, Pagaliaccio... by Fridayam.
This poem needs lithium but it’s cool stuff.
 
just read friday's Naked on my Goat because I saw V's recommendation. What a great poem!
 
January 24, 2011

There is so much good poetry out there today it all but makes my head spin! In fact there is more good poetry most days lately than I've seen here in a long time. And if the person who I'd like to thank for that would allow me to thank him again (if, for nothing else, my own recent motivation), I would. :p

So read the new poems today and comment, if only to say what you like, but please do not miss A Phoenix at Six O'Clock by Koba. It will leave you breathless.
 
Animated Comfort by Angeline

A great poem worth visiting the poetry section for alone; not sure about the title but this is a quibble. A rose by any other name...

http://www.literotica.com/stories/storyfeedbackboard.php?id=514566&pagehint=6

Taurus by fridayam

A solid outing with good mythological content.

http://www.literotica.com/p/taurus

White Flag by Chipbutty
Good poem, brief and pointed.

http://www.literotica.com/p/white-flags

Bleeders by Chipbutty
Wowsers! I love the glass line.
http://www.literotica.com/p/bleeders

The Vulture and the Baby by Koba
I’ve never heard of this poet before and if this is their first post, excellent opening.

http://www.literotica.com/p/the-vulture-and-the-baby
 
greenmountaineer's Early Renaissance Men Having Grappa is highly recommended and already has earned its green E. great job, gm! :cool:
seconded, big time, I like a little incorrectness, just remember it was the Chinese that gave the west that wonderful invention of paper money, and well the Italians just ran away with it.
adding
Poetguy's
The Dead Rilke at Salomé’s Grave
Poetguy shows his usual high quality of craft

and fridayam's

Sea-otter (for Angeline)
although frankly I'm clueless, it might come to me later

indecision
by bogus
1. because it has Manchester in it, and it's good to see bogus get out of his home town
2. the real reason, did anybody see a subversion in this?

After the Affair

by
VRose27 aka Susan
I hate when that happens
 
Back
Top