The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major change in our weather again. From 55 yesterday to 22 today. :eek:

Same here, wind is roaring outside. Not much snow yet but six inches expected and high of 14 tomorrow.

Did something to my neck/shoulder. Couldn't get comfortable to sleep. Finally did and the munchkin wakes up with achy leg. Get that sorted and now she's coughing. Oy vey. :rolleyes:

Same here, wind is roaring outside. Not much snow yet but six inches expected and high of 14 tomorrow.

Did something to my neck/shoulder. Couldn't get comfortable to sleep. Finally did and the munchkin wakes up with achy leg. Get that sorted and now she's coughing. Oy vey. :rolleyes:

You really do have an active life with that munchkin, don't you.
Sympathy.

We got dry[-ish] roads and about +6C, but it's overcast and not a nice morning.
Yeuch !
Who's move the coffee-pot, then ?

You really do have an active life with that munchkin, don't you.
Sympathy.

We got dry[-ish] roads and about +6C, but it's overcast and not a nice morning.
Yeuch !
Who's move the coffee-pot, then ?

HP, your morning comes in the middle of my night. :eek:

Okay, I'll make the coffee. I also brought in a box of sweet rolls. Help yourself.

Coffeeee, more coffeeee. :D

Finally got to sleep after three some time, slept in a bit. Putting coffee in. Not going anywhere today. Laundry, cooking, writing and maybe some sorting. Depends on how this shoulder thing slows me down. Grrr. It's always something. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a good day. :rose:

HP, your morning comes in the middle of my night. :eek:

Okay, I'll make the coffee. I also brought in a box of sweet rolls. Help yourself.

Thank You, Sir.
You're a gent.

I'll try not to disturb you all next time. :)

Coffeeee, more coffeeee. :D

Finally got to sleep after three some time, slept in a bit. Putting coffee in. Not going anywhere today. Laundry, cooking, writing and maybe some sorting. Depends on how shouthis lder thing slows me down. Grrr. It's always something. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a good day. :rose:

A proper naggin' ain't it :rose:

I didn't like the lack of precipitation, but I don't think I could handle as much as the PNW gets. I like moderation. I get some rain and some sunshine where I am now. It is a nice mix.

But there is nothing moderate about SoCal. Too much heat, too many people, too much traffic, and too expensive to survive.

Yup, it sure is.

Kind of, but my neck/shoulder still hurt like the blazes. :rolleyes:

Sounds like there should be a back/shoulder rub or a soak in a hot tub in your near future. ;)

I was having a fairly productive day until a nap attacked me for no reason. About half way through the nap HM&HG attacked me, so I had to have another nap. A vicious cycle if there ever was one. :)

Kind of, but my neck/shoulder still hurt like the blazes. :rolleyes:

One of those massage pads might help. And Costco have this great Shoulder and Neck Massager - I have one of these and it's great for when I get home from work and my shoulders and neck are all tensed up. I'd say try Acupuncture as well if you have a good one close by. Acupuncture is amazing (disclaimer, that's what my Mom does and she's magic, except she's a bit far away for a quick visit...)

I was having a fairly productive day until a nap attacked me for no reason. About half way through the nap HM&HG attacked me, so I had to have another nap. A vicious cycle if there ever was one. :)

Those nap attacks! You gotta watch them, they sneak up silently and just ... whammo ...

Sounds like there should be a back/shoulder rub or a soak in a hot tub in your near future. ;)

I did beg the husband for one eventually and it helped some.

One of those massage pads might help. And Costco have this great Shoulder and Neck Massager - I have one of these and it's great for when I get home from work and my shoulders and neck are all tensed up. I'd say try Acupuncture as well if you have a good one close by. Acupuncture is amazing (disclaimer, that's what my Mom does and she's magic, except she's a bit far away for a quick visit...)
Those nap attacks! You gotta watch them, they sneak up silently and just ... whammo ...

Thanks. I have a little rice pillow I heated in the microwave, best I could do.

Rice pillow? I use a damp sandbag wrapped in a dry towel. Oh so good.

Welcome to Sinday morning. We have survived another week. The coffee is fresh and so are the donuts, so come and get it before I eat and drink it all. :)

I'm not sure whether I'm up late or up early but now I'm downstairs in front of the fire reading a book and thinking really, I should do some writing but the darkness of early Sunday morning, a wood fire that I restarted from last night, cushions, a nest of big warm rugs, a good book and himself curled up fast asleep next to me "just because" is far to attractive to make me move. I may even go back to sleep right here because it's just so cozy ....

b8be0ef50d347d1b7b0d90bae6a19900.jpg

I'm not sure whether I'm up late or up early but now I'm downstairs in front of the fire reading a book and thinking really, I should do some writing but the darkness of early Sunday morning, a wood fire that I restarted from last night, cushions, a nest of big warm rugs, a good book and himself curled up fast asleep next to me "just because" is far to attractive to make me move. I may even go back to sleep right here because it's just so cozy ....

b8be0ef50d347d1b7b0d90bae6a19900.jpg

Sounds delightful.

Woke up to the power going out. Door to the woodshed was frozen to the ground. Got the fire going just in time for the electricity to come back on. Shoulder was feeling better, until I started beating on the shed door and carrying firewood. :rolleyes:

Woke up to the power going out. Door to the woodshed was frozen to the ground. Got the fire going just in time for the electricity to come back on. Shoulder was feeling better, until I started beating on the shed door and carrying firewood. :rolleyes:

My sympathies. As you can imagine, we don't have those problems here--except for the aches and pains, of course. It's brilliantly sunny outside without a breath of wind or cloud in the sky. We even have a hint of humidity.

My sympathies. As you can imagine, we don't have those problems here--except for the aches and pains, of course. It's brilliantly sunny outside without a breath of wind or cloud in the sky. We even have a hint of humidity.

Beautifully sunny here too, now, and warm with the fire going. :D

It's been gloomy, foggy, misty too-cool junk today.
But the good news is that I've managed to install Flt Sim 10; so far, so good; there's along way to go . . .
But a snooze in front of the TV this afternoon was pleasant. The Skiing was from Wengen so the fun was off the Lauberhorn.
I'm waiting to see the Kitszbhule downhill.

Meantimes - coffee.

Sinday afternoon? Where did the day go? Fresh coffee for the afternooner crowd. So far, that's about all I've done today that was constructive.

Sinday afternoon? Where did the day go? Fresh coffee for the afternooner crowd. So far, that's about all I've done today that was constructive.

You mean it's supposed to "Constructive" ?
Oh dear. I must be well behind with my constructions. . . .

Tea, I think.

Evening all,

I finished two old stories and added to three more this evening so the production went up. Whether it was constructive or not is a matter of opinion. :D

Fresh coffee for the night crew. There is even a fresh kettle for the alternative crowd.

Evening all,

I finished two old stories and added to three more this evening so the production went up. Whether it was constructive or not is a matter of opinion. :D

Fresh coffee for the night crew. There is even a fresh kettle for the alternative crowd.

I feel like I haven't accomplished squat this month so far. I saw a meme the other day about pretending February first is January first but I don't even want to wait that long. Things are about to change.

One good thing about retirement, the more things change, the more they stay the same. :D

I'm making hot chocolate. Anyone else want some?

One good thing about retirement, the more things change, the more they stay the same. :D

I'm making hot chocolate. Anyone else want some?

Pour me one pleaaaase. I'd love one. Actually I may even go and make one now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back