Is The Draft Coming Back?

LovingTongue said:
So I guess you won't be posting your home address then?

Here's a clue.. when you demand someone else's address you must give yours also. You're a chickenshit and a hypocrite when you don't.

And anyone who doesn't like me because I hate the draft can kiss my ass, big time. This is a free country and that means we're free to oppose the fucking draft. Fascist pig.

I'm calling you out.. post your fucking address.

Will you be fleeing the country if the draft comes back Big Pussy?

WHY is this the first time I've seen this thread? Oh my GOD, this is so much funnier than the passive-aggressive bullshit.

LT trying to be a tough guy? BWAHHHHHHHHHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by LovingTongue:
If you say so. WARMACHINE is getting called on his horseshit for saying he hopes I get shot for avoiding the draft.

He said he hopes your non-existant SON gets shot for evading the draft, since YOU were the one who said "I'd hate for him to have to leave the country to avoid the draft." And you accuse Zip and everyone else of not being able to keep on topic and read what's there?

Like they said, what would make YOU or your future (and hopefully never existing) son more important than those who already have bled the ground either through voluntary service OR the draft? And why do you automatically assume your son would have YOUR political prejudices against the draft? Perhaps a miracle could occur and he might actually have more balls than dear old dad? So nice that you seem to plan to let your future kids have minds of their own. Talk about a "fascist pig" - you automatically assume that your progeny will think just like you.

You opened your mouth about something and yet AGAIN showed your ignorance and cowardice as a slug who has ZERO accountability for anything. You want ALL the benefits - only, God forbid anyone ask you to actually give something up for them.

LovingTongue said:
The draft is yet another reason why I hope I NEVER have a son. I'd hate for him to have to flee the country because the Government decided to send him off to war against his will.

Free country eh? But just don't ask you or your kin to contribute to it's freedoms. You fucktard pussy.

My dad can beat up your dad!

And no, there won't be a draft, unless, something unbelievably huge happens and then only maybe.

Huskie, you crack me up. ;)

LovingTongue said:
Here's a clue.. when you demand someone else's address you must give yours also. You're a chickenshit and a hypocrite when you don't.

And anyone who doesn't like me because I hate the draft can kiss my ass, big time. This is a free country and that means we're free to oppose the fucking draft. Fascist pig.

I'm calling you out.. post your fucking address.

Will you be coming over to "teach me a lesson" tonight? I sure hope so. That would be absolutely dandy.

I'm not the one who just sat here and told someone else that they "don't have the balls" to do something. I assume that you DO have the balls to "do something". So when can I expect you to be coming over? Just let me know and I'll be ready and waiting.

kelley&tracy said:
Free country eh? But just don't ask you or your kin to contribute to it's freedoms. You fucktard pussy.

Not to mention that no one is allowed to tell him WHY they think he's a pussy for disagreeing with the draft. It's a free country and he can voice his opinions - only when yours are contradictory to his, you're a fascist pig. Mmhm.

huskie said:
Fact is, in the near future, a kid is gonna have a hard time getting into the armed services if they do not already posses certain skills, ie. computers, higher math in school and so on..... Not likely you'll see a draft anytime soon.

You're kidding, right?

A wartime draft will be looking for infantry and infantry support. Both of them are low ASVAB and require very little advanced math.

If you can read, you'll score high enough for infantry.

NonSexWithHer said:

While THIS is true, you can only have so much infantry. And almost every other skill is starting to require some sort of advanced education. Even Artillery.

MysteryWhiteGirl said:
WHY is this the first time I've seen this thread? Oh my GOD, this is so much funnier than the passive-aggressive bullshit.

LT trying to be a tough guy? BWAHHHHHHHHHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!
This coming from a chickenshit who's no more likely to be willing to put me down for "dodging the draft" than WARBRIDE because she's safe from the draft on account of being a woman (as mandated by US law, not me, dumbass).

And I'll be glad to tell WARBRIDE to his face what I think of the fucking draft. But he won't post his home address, the chickenshit.

Repeat after me: the draft stinks because only men get drafted!

NonSexWithHer said:
You're kidding, right?

A wartime draft will be looking for infantry and infantry support. Both of them are low ASVAB and require very little advanced math.

Actually, this is not the case. I was a recruiter for 4 years not too long ago. Very few people that join are taken below the Upper Mental Group category. Now the % is even higher. 90 plus percent must score 50 or better on the ASVAB. To obtain this score usually requires a higher math in HS and very good English Comp. The wars as you've seen are more "smart" weapon fought.

NonSexWithHer said:
You're kidding, right?

I'm not so sure about that anymore. Last I heard, most carry some sort of computer on there back and now they attaching them to the M16's. It's a lot different than 10 years ago when I was in.

and

8ball, No-hu! My daddy can woop yo daddy anyday (when he's sober of course).

and besides, nowdays with the college funds and enlistment bonuses, I simply don't see how we will ever need one?

WARMACHINE said:
While THIS is true, you can only have so much infantry. And almost every other skill is starting to require some sort of advanced education. Even Artillery.

This is where people get stupid. They'll receive education IN SERVICE, not before they enter it.

A high school education and basic literacy will always be enough to join the infantry of the Army or Marines.

Those are the people that will be drafted.

That was the stupidest move in the entire universe. You took the stinky fucking bait, oh my fucking GOD. That has got to be the most strategically god awful stupid move I've ever seen on Lit.

I'm absolutely speechless. Do you realize you've left yourself wide open for all sorts of nasty things? Don't worry tough stupid fascist pig guy, I won't be risking prison time to do it to you... just like you don't have the guts to gun me down yourself for dodging the draft. But rest assured any Hanns Schmit-like personality now has a real life target for something like, say, identity theft. LOL.

That was great dude.

LovingTongue said:
This coming from a chickenshit who's no more likely to be willing to put me down for "dodging the draft" than WARBRIDE because she's safe from the draft on account of being a woman (as mandated by US law, not me, dumbass).

And I'll be glad to tell WARBRIDE to his face what I think of the fucking draft. But he won't post his home address, the chickenshit.

Repeat after me: the draft stinks because only men get drafted!

He just posted his home address, dumbfuck.

And they wouldn't HAVE to draft me; I'm willing to sign up and will probably do so once my son is old enough. Women traditionally weren't drafted in the PAST because they were considered weaker, but also because someone had to stay behind and tend to farms, business, families, etc. Women were seen as the nurturers who took care of the children. Even though I'm not the classic definition of a "Susie Homemaker" woman, even I can admit that to our son, I'M usually the one who does the nurturing. Children my son's age usually require their mothers.

This isn't about me, as well. Nice try diverting the subject but it ain't working. The subject is about YOU being too chickenshit to give up ANYTHING for your freedom. Freedom isn't free, but you seem to want a free ride all over the place. What exactly are YOU sacrificing for your ability to speak, go, do as you please? You think that's a luxury ALL countries have? Where do you think you got these freedoms?

But God forbid anyone ask YOU or anyone in your family to contribute. This is about YOU and your own cowardice, sonny boy. My willingness to fight isn't at issue here. I've had my issues with the draft and the military in the past, but if situations arose to where they would NEED to reinstitute the draft, they wouldn't even really need to draft me. I appreciate my freedom, so much that I won't just SAY it, but SHOW it by contributing to it and preserving it.

And I'd still like to know what makes YOU or YOUR family so much better and worthy to sit on your asses while OTHERS go out and die for your freedom?

LovingTongue said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD

That was the stupidest move in the entire universe. You took the stinky fucking bait, oh my fucking GOD. That has got to be the most strategically god awful stupid move I've ever seen on Lit.

I'm absolutely speechless. Do you realize you've left yourself wide open for all sorts of nasty things? Don't worry tough stupid fascist pig guy, I won't be risking prison time to do it to you... just like you don't have the guts to gun me down yourself for dodging the draft. But rest assured any Hanns Schmit-like personality now has a real life target for something like, say, identity theft. LOL.

That was great dude.

Translation: You actually did it. Oh my God, retreat, retreat! Now I'll have to post MY info to keep from looking like the little pussy I am! Oh NO!!!!!

NonSexWithHer said:

A high school education and basic literacy will always be enough to join the infantry of the Army or Marines.

This is a very untrue statement. I may be one of the few "experts" on what it takes to join the military here. A very, very small percentage are allowed to join with the quals you mention above.

kelley&tracy said:
This is a very untrue statement. I may be one of the few "experts" on what it takes to join the military here. A very, very small percentage are allowed to join with the quals you mention above.

Air Force: Air Force recruits must score at least 40 points on the 99-point Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery Test (Minimum AFQT Score). Exceptions are made, however, for a handful of high school graduates who can score as low as 21. But these "category four" recruits (by regulation) cannot exceed more than once percent of all recruits per year. (Note: A "Category IV recruit is a recruit who scores between 16 and 30 on the AFQT). In actuality, the number of Cat IV recruits the Air Force generally accepts each year is about 0.2 percent of the Air Force's annual accessions. Additionally, less than one percent of Air Force recruits, each year are GED-holders. To even be considered for one of these very few slots, a GED-holder must score a minimum of 65 on the AFQT.

Army: Army recruits must score at least 31 on the test, with no more than 10 percent per year being high school dropouts. Exceptions are made for some recruits with scores as low as 26. To even be considered, a high school dropout (GED) must score at least a 50 on the AFQT.

Marine Corps: Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32, with no more than 5 percent being high school dropouts. Exceptions are made for some recruits with scores as low as 25. To even be considered, a high school dropout with a GED must score at least a 50 on the AFQT.

Navy: Navy recruits must score at least 35. The Navy raised this requirement from 31 in 2003. Between 5 and 10 percent per year can be high school dropouts, but they must score a minimum of 50. Additionally, high school dropouts must be at least 19 years of age, and show a proven work history.

Coast Guard: Like the Air Force, Coast Guard recruits must also score at least 40 points on the AFQT. A waiver is possible if a recruit's ASVAB Line Scores qualify them for a specific job, and the recruit is willing to enlist in that job. For a very few who will be allowed to enlist with a GED, the minimum score is 50.

Sounds like a group of rocket scientists to me...

kelley&tracy said:

yup. I believe it's getting tougher and there is certianly NO ensintive give'n to those that score low. Meaning the Army may take them but not likely will they be offered the college fond and other goodies.........

WARMACHINE said:
So when can I expect you to be coming over? Just let me know and I'll be ready and waiting.

LOL Do you really think he needs to warn you? I'm thinking even if he dropped by with no warning at all, he'd piss hais pants when you opened the door.

I'll never understand how someone (LT) can think that the government owes them a free ride, yet refuse to serve in the military.

(And no, LT, before you even ask - I'm not going to quote specifics. And yes, I realize that I can't be drafted. The difference between you and me is, I wouldn't need to be.)

I don't understand why you guys are riding someone for not wanting to join the Army.

The enlisted life sucks. War sucks.

If someone in the post Viet Nam era is going to be drafted it won't be for shits and giggles.

NonSexWithHer said:
Air Force: Air Force recruits must score at least 40 points on the 99-point Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery Test (Minimum AFQT Score). Exceptions are made, however, for a handful of high school graduates who can score as low as 21. But these "category four" recruits (by regulation) cannot exceed more than once percent of all recruits per year. (Note: A "Category IV recruit is a recruit who scores between 16 and 30 on the AFQT). In actuality, the number of Cat IV recruits the Air Force generally accepts each year is about 0.2 percent of the Air Force's annual accessions. Additionally, less than one percent of Air Force recruits, each year are GED-holders. To even be considered for one of these very few slots, a GED-holder must score a minimum of 65 on the AFQT.

Army: Army recruits must score at least 31 on the test, with no more than 10 percent per year being high school dropouts. Exceptions are made for some recruits with scores as low as 26. To even be considered, a high school dropout (GED) must score at least a 50 on the AFQT.

Marine Corps: Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32, with no more than 5 percent being high school dropouts. Exceptions are made for some recruits with scores as low as 25. To even be considered, a high school dropout with a GED must score at least a 50 on the AFQT.

Navy: Navy recruits must score at least 35. The Navy raised this requirement from 31 in 2003. Between 5 and 10 percent per year can be high school dropouts, but they must score a minimum of 50. Additionally, high school dropouts must be at least 19 years of age, and show a proven work history.

Coast Guard: Like the Air Force, Coast Guard recruits must also score at least 40 points on the AFQT. A waiver is possible if a recruit's ASVAB Line Scores qualify them for a specific job, and the recruit is willing to enlist in that job. For a very few who will be allowed to enlist with a GED, the minimum score is 50.

Sounds like a group of rocket scientists to me...

Your facts above are correct. The percents at the lower range are correct. This is the MAX they may accept. In the recruiting world, Districts lower these numbers further and the minimum is normally an ASVAB score of 50 or higher. Your reasoning that a 50 out of 99 as a low score is flawed. The ASVAB score is based on only 4 of 10 areas tested. MK(mathmatics knowledge), AR(arithmetic reasoning) WK(word knowledge) and PC(paragraph comp). These are the only ones that are used for the score. The other areas are used to determine what schools or jobs the recruit may best be suited. Normally, but not always, to obtain a score of over 50, algebra is required. Not exactly rocket science as you say, but who do you think is operating the sophisticated equipment used in wars these days?

NonSexWithHer said:
I don't understand why you guys are riding someone for not wanting to join the Army.

The enlisted life sucks. War sucks.

If someone in the post Viet Nam era is going to be drafted it won't be for shits and giggles.

Fleeing the country is what I was riding her for.

Enlisted life sucks? Nah, Retired Master Chief Petty Officer here, life was/is very very good.

War does suck, went to two. No fucking fun. Butttttttt, my country first.

Your last statement is right on.

MysteryWhiteGirl said:
He just posted his home address, dumbfuck.

And they wouldn't HAVE to draft me; I'm willing to sign up and will probably do so once my son is old enough.
Ooooh, big talk from someone who hasn't ever signed up before.

You sound exactly like those war hawks in Congress talking shit about sending troops to war and half of them never went.

Women traditionally weren't drafted in the PAST
and present and future.

because they were considered weaker, but also because someone had to stay behind and tend to farms, business, families, etc. Women were seen as the nurturers who took care of the children. Even though I'm not the classic definition of a "Susie Homemaker" woman, even I can admit that to our son, I'M usually the one who does the nurturing. Children my son's age usually require their mothers.
It's still sexism.
I mean, unless you believe FATHERS aren't necessary.

This isn't about me, as well. Nice try diverting the subject but it ain't working.
When you jump into it, your character will become part of the discussion whether you like it or not.

That's as much a part of my freedom of speech as opposing the draft.

Don't like it? Tough shit.

The subject is about YOU being too chickenshit to give up ANYTHING for your freedom. Freedom isn't free, but you seem to want a free ride all over the place. What exactly are YOU sacrificing for your ability to speak, go, do as you please? You think that's a luxury ALL countries have? Where do you think you got these freedoms?
I said this before to WARBRIDE. If someone is threatening my country, I'll be glad to fight. But it'll be my fucking choice. Got that, dumbfuck? My choice. Or are you anti-choice?
I'll also retaliate against anyone planning to gun me down for opposing or avoiding the draft, too.

My willingness to fight isn't at issue here.
Oh yes it is. You never signed up for service. I'm calling bullshit on that. Your big bad ass talk doesn't jive with your actions.

But again that's not unusual. We have a bunch of wimps in Congress who never served, and some who even used technicalities to dodge the draft, who are now acting like war hawks.

BTW I hope the fascist pigs who wish violence on draft opponents, like my .sig. I'm bending my own rules on this one, granted, but it's just too funny to pass up.

kelley&tracy said:
Fleeing the country is what I was riding her for.

Enlisted life sucks? Nah, Retired Master Chief Petty Officer here, life was/is very very good.

War does suck, went to two. No fucking fun. Butttttttt, my country first.

Your last statement is right on.

Most enlisteds with families qualify for food stamps.

I've lived in base housing. It blows. There are nicer projects.

Before the current blow up America hadn't been in a real war since Viet Nam.

Back