DC Legends: Crisis on Infinite Earths (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
The IC thread is here: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1303832

This is an idea that evolved from discussions surrounding the plot of my previous thread, Justice League: Next. The story starts as a strike team made up of young heroes and Suicide Squad members launch an attack on a Reach science vessel during the Reach's invasion of Earth. This vessel is equipped with a prototype wormhole generator, which the scientists activate out of desperation as the as the strike team closes in. The device malfunctions, however, and the creation wormhole collapses in on itself as we get sucked in, spitting us back out at a different vibrational frequency. Same location in space, but alternate universe.

We head home only to realize that it is not our Earth we returned to -- welcome to Earth-2. The world is very similar to the one we left behind, but there are very clear differences, and other forces have followed us through the wormhole. This launches us on a long journey across infinite Earths in a battle against entities that threaten them all. Part of the team just wants to find our home world. Others want to take down the bad guys. But they must all work together if they want to save Earth-1 from the same fate as many others.

While this is mostly a DC-themed RP, I have allowed a small handful of Marvel story elements to be included. Characters can either be young heroes, Suicide Squad members, or other characters they pick up on Earth-2 and beyond.

Character Roster
Nightwing (Me)
Superboy (Me)
Doctor Light (Me)
Star (Sean Renaud)
Raven (Aliceinchains36)
Harley Quinn (Aliceinchains36)
Deathstroke (Themercwithamouth)
Beast Boy (Kittenofdeath)
Spider-Gwen (Creotia)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightwing

Nightwing_Young_Justice.jpg


Real Name: Richard “Dick” Grayson
Age: 23
Birthday: December 1st
Birthplace: Gotham City, New Jersey

Skills

Dick possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man who regularly engages in extensive physical exercise. His martial arts skills rival those of Batman, and he was rigorously trained by his mentor in everything from escapology to criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise, and numerous other combat/non-combat disciplines. He is fluent in a number of languages and had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's ward.

Gear/Equipment

Dick has a number of gadgets in his utility belt, including several dozen modified batarangs (called wingblades), sticky bombs, tracers, and pressurized grappling guns that fire durable-yet-thin ropes with adhesive properties on the end. The rope is lined with nanocircuitry and a button on the grappling gun hilt sends a signal to release the surface the end is clinging to. He also uses small wrist-mounted devices that project a holographic interface-based microcomputer.

He has a state-of-the-art motorcycle complete with an onboard computer and built in WiFi, as well as a helmet that connects wirelessly to the computer with audio and video feedback and communications capabilities. The helmet also has nightvision and a heads-up display on the inside of the visor.

Dick's costume is made of a version of the Nomex fire-resistant, triple-weave Kevlar-lined material. It is an excellent protection against damage, and also insulated against electricity. The suit he wears is also fireproof, and his mask is held in place with spirit gum.

Powers/Abilities

Dick has no superhuman powers, and relies solely on technology and his own wits.

Background

When Dick was nine, his parents were killed by Tony Zucco, a gangster who demanded protection money from Haly's Circus, where the Graysons performed. When Mr. Haly refused, Zucco murdered his star performers.

Bruce Wayne had been good friends with John and Mary Grayson and had been named as Dick's godfather, so the boy came live at Wayne Manor. It was only a matter of time before the boy discovered Wayne was Batman, and soon he too was learning to fight crime and took on the alias of Robin.

In his civilian life, Dick enrolled at Gotham Academy, one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. He scored consistently high on all his examinations, ultimately graduating early at the age of sixteen. His near-perfect school record earned him a spot at Princeton University, where Bruce Wayne had attended. However, due to elevated criminal activity around this time, Dick found it harder to keep up with his classes, leading to his departure from the university after only one year. He continued forward with independent studies in a variety of subjects whenever he found time.

During his years as the Dark Knight's sidekick and apprentice, Dick met many other heroes, and upon turning eighteen, passed on the mantle of Robin to Jason Todd. He then adopted the Nightwing persona and continued fighting crime. Tragedy struck the following year, however -- Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker, and for a time, there was no Robin. Eventually, that mantle passed to Tim Drake, the current Robin.



Superboy
Superboy_zpsa086658d.png

Real Name: Conner Kent
Age: Appears 18
Birthday: February 1st
Birthplace: Project Cadmus, Washington, D.C.

Gear/Equipment/Abilities

Conner is a clone created from both Kryptonian and Human DNA, and as such, his powers are significantly weaker than those of Superman. Just like Kal-El, Conner benefits from the ability to photosynthesize, the result of generations of genetic engineering back on Krypton. The amount of solar energy he can absorb naturally is rather small, but his cells are designed to rapidly multiply the stored power and greatly amplify his internal bioelectric pathways. Enhanced strength, speed, durability, healing, and physical senses are all results of this genetic process.

The energy used for purely physical activities regenerates relatively quickly, but it takes considerably longer to store enough power for more advanced feats such as heat vision and sustained flight. This limitation is due to his DNA being only half Kryptonian, though Conner can reach full power faster by using a Sun Chamber, such as the one at Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Though even at this level, his energy drains rather fast, preventing him from sustaining flight for more than an hour or two. For this reason, he refrains from flying in most cases.

Background

Known as Project Kr to the Cadmus staff, Conner is one of many Genomorphs engineered for a nefarious plot. He was force-grown to adulthood in the span of a few months and received extensive psychic conditioning and programming. He was brainwashed to believe his sole purpose was to be a weapon, a role he would fulfill so long as his creators had control of him. He unwillingly aided in an attack on the hotel hosting the Justice League's Tenth Anniversary celebration, though ultimately he was freed from his psychic programming and given an identity as Clark Kent's cousin.

In the five years since then, Superboy has served with Nightwing as part of a covert ops branch of the League, deploying from the Watchtower space station on top secret missions all over the world.


Doctor Light
gunslinger_commission_by_phil_cho-d99owf7_zpsybal3j54.jpg

Phil_Saunders-IronMan3_wXagQqu_zpsywlysafb.jpg

Real Name: Arthur Light
Age: Coming soon...
Birthday: Coming soon...
Birthplace: Coming soon...

Gear/Equipment/Abilities

Coming soon...

Background

Coming soon...
 
Last edited:
Name: Harley Quinn

Age: 22 *wink*

History: Harleen Quinzel was a successful doctor at Arkham Asylum, until she met The Joker. She fell madly in love with the clown and helped him escape the asylum. She took on the mantle of Harley Quinn and never looked back at her old life. She devoted her life to the abusive relationship she and Joker shared, never questioning any of his requests or the way he treated her. After a particularly brutal fight with Batman, Joker took his anger out on Harley, beating her with a crowbar and leaving her bleeding and unconscious in Gotham park.

Poison Ivy found Harley and nursed her back to health. While Harley was recovering, Ivy gave her a serum that made her immune to Ivy's poison touch and increased her strength and agility. Ivy briefly turned Harley against The Joker, but Harley eventually returned to him. This cycle continued with Harley leaving Joker for longer periods each time. She is currently separated from The Joker and operating on her own.

Powers/skills/abilities: Harley was already a skilled acrobat, but Ivy's serum increased her speed and movement ability as well as her strength, moving her abilities to near peak human levels.

Weapons/gear: Harley's preferred arsenal consists of two revolvers, two Uzis, her giant hammer, her baseball bat, and various other weapons.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Name: Raven

Age: 19

History: Raven is the daughter of Arella and Trigon. She was conceived through rape. She grew up in Azarath where she was raised to keep a tight grip on her emotions. She was also trained to use her demonic abilities and a wide range of magic. She met and joined Dick and Connor after they assisted her in stopping a demonic minion of Trigon's from destroying Metropolis.

Powers/skills/abilities: Raven has numerous powers, including minor telepathy (she's an empath), flight, healing others (by means of taking their wounds onto herself), astral projection, teleportation, telekinesis, and the ability to control darkness.
 
Last edited:
Name: Garfield Logan
Alias: Beastboy
Age: 20

Appearance: https://40.media.tumblr.com/ab0a8b8167b4228443faa58db1f274ce/tumblr_o36qplniLU1r6lx69o1_500.png

History:
Beast Boy has been in the hero business since his childhood where he worked with the Doom Patrol, since then he has generally worked on one team or another in preference of solo work, preferring the camaraderie and sense of family that it brings. In his time he's fought aliens, demons, monsters, mad scientists, killer robots, you name a type of treat and he's probably tangled with it at some point, all his experience has given him the skills required to run a team of his own if he really wanted to, but his lazy streak keeps him quite happily in more secondary positions, only stepping up to more responsibility when he has to, and even then its temporary if he can help it.

Powers/skills/abilities:
Beast Boy can turn in to any animal of any size that he has seen, including ones from other planets. In those forms in gains all the animals strengths, weaknesses and abilities, but retains his own mental prowess. He can also only partially shift in to animal forms, gaining some abilities, such as growing a tail for balance, or monkey feet to hand from a ceiling.

In addition his altered DNA means that even without proper exercise regimes his body is either close to or in some cases at human maximums in most fields, speed and reaction time are about at human maximum, strength and endurance aren't far behind and allows him to punch well above his weight class.

Weapons/gear: A cunning wit and a charming smile. Also a closet full of colourful uniforms that stop low calibre rounds and dull blades, but those are far less important.
 
Last edited:
Sf33soe-sean.jpg

Player: Sean Renaud
Age: 21
Name: Micheal 'Star' Lee
Personality: Micheal is a naturally gifted athlete performing performing well in basketball, football, wrestling and martial arts. As a result of his natural talents he's a bit lazy but always willing to help a friend. He's quick to friendship, and slow to anger but when he's genuinely angry he's a sight to behold.

Gear and Equipment: He's trained with several martial arts weapons including the Chinese Broad Sword, Katana, nunchucks, Bo-staff, hook swords and kunai. However the only thing he carries with any consistency are a dozen kunai preferring to assess each situation and arm up appropriately.

Powers: His extensive training in martial arts and control over his natural ki energy allow him to perform what he refers to as ninja tricks. By gathering energy in his feet he can achieve super human speed. Up to 100 mph sustained, and in extremely short bursts he can reach 400 mph, he primarily uses it to perform the Flash Step.

Flashstep.gif

He can use a variant to walk on water. Star can also cling to nearly any surface similar to spiderman. However his greatest strength comes from his unique Martial Art. It's a blend of traditional wrestling and Kapu Kuʻialua, a Hawaiian martial art based on bone breaking, joint locks, throws, pressure point manipulation, strikes, and use of various weapons. He uses his ability to stick to objects to stick to people making his grip nearly impossible to escape.

(Think Spiderman if he decided that instead of using kicks and punches that he'd be better off wrestling MMA style and just breaking every bone in your body. Instead of needless flippy kicks and spinny dos)
 
Last edited:
Name: Deathstroke (aka Slade Wilson)

Age: 33

History: Originally an extremely good soldier for the U.S. Army, Slade underwent an experimental super-soldier procedure to make himself better. This procedure heightened his already extremely high strength, speed, reflexes, and intelligence to near super-human levels, effectively making him the greatest soldier in the world. After his unit was disbanded, Slade went out on his own and became the mercenary Deathstroke, operating under a strick code of personal morals.

Powers/skills/abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and intelligence. Extremely proficient in almost all fighting styles and with most weapons, preferring swords and handguns. Only has one eye due to his other being shot out by his wife. Has a regenerative healing factor, decelerated aging, enhanced immunity, and is immortal to normal causes of death. One of the most dangerous men on the planet.

Weapons/gear: Extremely durable armor, an energy lance, a promethium sword, and various guns.
 
Last edited:
spider_gwen_by_vanessadraws-d8s5okm.png


Name: Gwen Stacy
Alias: Spidergirl
Age: 19
Powers: Standard Spider deal super strength and agility. Webs in all flavors for special occasions and even nifty spider tracers for tracking people! Of course she's not your standing spider all around, she has a limiting healing factor. Not enough to really help in a battle but enough that she gets back faster than most.

History: (work in progress.)
 
Last edited:
*

Spidey has been removed. He may however be played by someone else, should they so choose it!
 
Last edited:
250px-Flash182.jpg



Name: Captain Cold
Alias: Leonard Snart
Age: Late 20s to early 30s

Biography: Grew up in an abusive household under an alcoholic father, and focused much of his above average intelligence into avoiding conflict and getting caught breaking the vague and often random rules his father would set down for him and his sister to follow. Among his interests was in helping his grandfather maintain the equipment for his small ice-making business.
In his late teens, began running with a small gang of low level petty thieves and thugs, that he managed to maneuver into being the leader of by his mid-twenties. Through the years, the main opposition they ran into was the Flash,
Snart read an article that theorized that the energy emissions of a cyclotron could interfere with the Flash's speed. He designed a weapon to harness that power and broke into a cyclotron lab, intending to use the device to charge up his experimental gun.
As he was finishing his experiment, a security guard surprised Snart. Intending to use his gun only to scare the guard, he inadvertently pulled the trigger and discovered that his weapon had been altered in a way he had never imagined. The moisture in the air around the guard froze.
This changed the whole game for Snart.

Power(s): No metalevel powers in evidence, but is fit and capable for his age and seems to have developed a much higher tolerance for extreme cold due to working on maintaining and improving his cold gun.

Skill set: Experience electrician and engineer--although primarily versed entirely in the workings of his weapon and similar devices. Career criminal and has a great deal of knowledge in police procedure, patterns of security guard outfits, alarm and camera systems, and some safecracking.

Equipment: Parka designed for protection against the cold he works with as well as being made of kevlar and capable of stopping the caliber of handguns typically carried by police and security guards. His Cold Gun. Sometimes known to use grenades or bombs that operate along the same lines as the Cold Gun.

Quote: "Hate is cold! Hell is cold! And sucker, I am Captain Cold!"
~~~~~
OOC: Still deciding on if I'm going to run a hero as well...will let you know.

:cool:
 
Back
Top