cannot edit profile or log out

I am unable to get access to edit my profile too *surprise*. It taka me to email and password when I click profile under user cp.

If I do the delete account request, will that result in my Profile info being deleted as well?

If I can't edit it, then I'll just delete my account.

There is no delete account function and admin is not responding to any requests, even in an emergency.

I've been around this site almost since the beginning and I can't tell you how pissed off I am right now. I have an emergency need to revise my profile and I'm getting zero response after three days.

There is no delete account function and admin is not responding to any requests, even in an emergency.

I've been around this site almost since the beginning and I can't tell you how pissed off I am right now. I have an emergency need to revise my profile and I'm getting zero response after three days.

You have no profile. What's the emergency?

Perhaps we should rename this section to:

Lit Tech "NO" Support
Lit Tech "You're Dreaming If You Expect" Support

Feel free to join in with your own ideas

I commented on this a few weeks ago and someone ripped me apart for reasons that made no sense to me, but I'll say it again:

I have to assume that a site with as much traffic as this one has must be profitable, yet the owners apparently have decided to just let it go to hell without the slightest effort to update it with badly needed features found on other similar sites and without the slightest effort to fix problems such as this one. It is truly incomprehensible. To my recollection, the inability to edit the profile section has been going on for more than a year. There is no way that it is taking that long to fix. Obviously no one cares, so no one is doing anything at all.

It's like the owners of Literotica left a year ago, never to return. The abandoned site is still lurching along despite several bugs, but how long will it be before it goes down completely and stays down forever?

It's a real shame. I wish Literotica's owners would sell the site to someone who will upgrade it and fix things that need fixing. And to whomever jumped all over me for my similar comments a few weeks ago, don't bother doing it again. I won't read anything you say.

I commented on this a few weeks ago and someone ripped me apart for reasons that made no sense to me, but I'll say it again:

I have to assume that a site with as much traffic as this one has must be profitable, yet the owners apparently have decided to just let it go to hell without the slightest effort to update it with badly needed features found on other similar sites and without the slightest effort to fix problems such as this one. It is truly incomprehensible. To my recollection, the inability to edit the profile section has been going on for more than a year. There is no way that it is taking that long to fix. Obviously no one cares, so no one is doing anything at all.

I honestly don't know of anything this site really needs to function. I find most updated things on other sites highly annoying and many have those sites all but dysfunctional.

The owners are here every day. How do I know? New stories get published every day and there is only one way that happens.

This whole profile thing is an annoyance at best. It doesn't affect anything significant.

You're always free to leave.

Thank you for your advice. But as you don't appear to have a tech problem perhaps the site would be better served if you were spreading your wisdom on other threads.

And by the way I've been here since around 2000. Despite everything this is one of my favourite sites.

I honestly don't know of anything this site really needs to function. I find most updated things on other sites highly annoying and many have those sites all but dysfunctional.

The owners are here every day. How do I know? New stories get published every day and there is only one way that happens.

This whole profile thing is an annoyance at best. It doesn't affect anything significant.

But that's the point. Annoying things are a problem. Emergencies are an issue. One that could easily devolve into a legal issue at this point. 5 days and waiting. Another with 104 posts ignored. Not good!

As for the gentleman above that indicated he felt the site should be profitable....probably marginal. Adult has descended down so far that it takes thousands of clicks to make $30. I run over 1500 sites and while I would never let any member issues go as far as I see here, I've also shut down anything adult related because of the lack of $$$$ to properly service it.

Nope. I don't know who that is. Or who you are, Keith.

I am the former sr71plt, as it says in my profile. Sorry, I don't believe you. You post exactly like the revolving-account EquinoxRising, who was finally bounced out of here as a heavy-handed moderator.

As someone who once ran their own business, keeping your customers happy is a priority. Things happen, especially with tech so the fact there is an issue isn't the problem.

The fact this site has countless long running issues and refuses to acknowledge it is disrespectful and shows you what they think of the people who keep their site in business.

This site doesn't give a fraction of a fuck about its readers or authors. The response of you can go somewhere else is actually their mantra..and? Many people are going elsewhere. I don't care what the site moles will show up here to tell us with their spins on numbers etc...

But story vote and view totals are down for many authors in most categories. The scores are down as well meaning the people who are leaving are the decent readers and this site is being left with more and more trolls.

Why? Because decent readers expect a better product and are finding it elsewhere. Trolls will play in any pig pen that allows them and the way this site feeds and encourages the trolls here, but ignores the complaints/needs of the decent folk are turning this place into a pit whose core is a bunch of people who stay out of misplaced loyalty or don't know there's other sites or are the type of asshole that's been thrown off any legit site with real rules.

As someone who once ran their own business, keeping your customers happy is a priority. Things happen, especially with tech so the fact there is an issue isn't the problem.

The fact this site has countless long running issues and refuses to acknowledge it is disrespectful and shows you what they think of the people who keep their site in business.

This site doesn't give a fraction of a fuck about its readers or authors. The response of you can go somewhere else is actually their mantra..and? Many people are going elsewhere. I don't care what the site moles will show up here to tell us with their spins on numbers etc...

But story vote and view totals are down for many authors in most categories. The scores are down as well meaning the people who are leaving are the decent readers and this site is being left with more and more trolls.

Why? Because decent readers expect a better product and are finding it elsewhere. Trolls will play in any pig pen that allows them and the way this site feeds and encourages the trolls here, but ignores the complaints/needs of the decent folk are turning this place into a pit whose core is a bunch of people who stay out of misplaced loyalty or don't know there's other sites or are the type of asshole that's been thrown off any legit site with real rules.
I find what you say to be true.

As someone who's tried their hand at running a business (es), pleasing customers is a #1 priority in any venture. Its easy to get a swelled head and over rate ones self. Then you fall again, dust yourself off, and move forward.

As for this site - I've seen it degress in a similar manner. Most times its placing faith and trust in the wrong people . It can blind us to far more important things and cripple the better part of our logic and business sense.

Never forget the littlethings and the persons who suffer w/you along the way.

Nope. I don't know who that is. Or who you are, Keith.

KeithD has increasingly become that which he resents. He does not realize how much his obsessiveness is damaging his reputation as his readers see his true colors.it

It is not in my nature to post in this manner and so off topic and out of hand.

Don't let it or him bother you.

KeithD has increasingly become that which he resents. He does not realize how much his obsessiveness is damaging his reputation as his readers see his true colors.it

So this is just another example of me stalking you, right, TG?

(Did you read Lindsay's contributions to this thread, by the way?)

Ah. Got'cha.

Well 9 days for a PM marked emergency to Laurel and it's still unread.

Emailed using the contact form last thurs. No response.

Unbelievable!

I can remember messaging Laurel years ago and it was dealt with almost instantly. What a contrast.

Sadly two of my favourite adult sites closed last month and the descent was just like this. Apathetic owners burnt out, not making money, and finally said goodbye.

But the attitude in this email says it all. It's someone that wants access to my writing on another site.

"As long as I can read your stuff for free"

He tells me he's a big fan, loves the content but only if it"s free.........he can piss off.

I don't want to see this site close and I'm now wondering just what could be done to help out here. Maybe it's time to out the support problems and see if people are willing to help out. Coding? Design? Moderating? Member fees?

Or maybe they're just making so much $$$$$ they no longer care about the problems.

Back