The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Ah the things you have missed S F. I recommend the desert survival course. ;)

Night G G and may all your dreams be naughty ones :devil:ish :D

Is that where I get to eat rattlesnake and lizards?

Actually, you could! Our survival kits have handbooks describing how to prepare them.

Morning CG, I dreamed of the inn last night. Two of our girls had met you & said you were a tiger! I bet you took your shirt off again! Grrrr!

Actually, you could! Our survival kits have handbooks describing how to prepare them.

Morning CG, I dreamed of the inn last night. Two of our girls had met you & said you were a tiger! I bet you took your shirt off again! Grrrr!

That must have been some dream. :)

That must have been some dream. :)

Oh it was SF. I had to use all my medical skills to revive them. Seriously I did dream that. The great thing about CG is that he is a great sport and laughs with us. He reminds me off an old CO I had who used to say his boiler was a little old but the pilot light still worked.

CG, we love you!

Ok, back from brekky now HSG & I have a huge report to write up on yesterday. I'll say no more!

Oh it was SF. I had to use all my medical skills to revive them. Seriously I did dream that. The great thing about CG is that he is a great sport and laughs with us. He reminds me off an old CO I had who used to say his boiler was a little old but the pilot light still worked.

CG, we love you!

Well I am glad that I was featured in your dreams G G and that the girls seemed to be ummmmmm satified;) :devil:ish :D

S F I am sure that the lizards and snakes would taste like chicken.:)

Remember to keep it professional. :D

Well I am glad that I was featured in your dreams G G and that the girls seemed to be ummmmmm satified;) :devil:ish :D

S F I am sure that the lizards and snakes would taste like chicken.:)

O we were totally professional, it's just hard to find 56 different ways to say 'useless'.

CG, you got it wrong. Chicken tastes like lizards & snakes

Ah I see G G.:rolleyes: I take it you like so many of us have heard from instructors "It Tastes Like Chicken" :devil:ish :D

I would love a dollar for every product, invention, and "You just have to Have" Military equipment that I would say, "Useless and dangerous" G G .

CG I fully understand that we have chosen to join the armed forces of the crown to defend our Queen our country and our nation's allies. I fully understand we run the risk of being killed or seriously injured. That risk goes with the territory. What I will NOT do is to put the lives of my division or any other division at risk by using sub standard equipment. Our American colleagues agree with us on this and together we've made our feelings known to our commanders. Armoured vehicles? More like mobile coffins! RANT OVER!

Oh G G I truly understands your position. Lets hope the politicians

do as well ;)

I once got a radar system I wanted by putting it down :rolleyes:

He wandered in, settled down at the bar, and ordered himself a drink. It'd been a long, long time.

That it has Ice.;)

So what have you been doing to keep your self busy?

As the sun is well over the yard arm I pour myself a Jamison's and set the bottle on the bar for any who may wish to refresh themselves.

Teaching is the same in some ways. I cannot tell you the millions of dollars spent by districts or states on the latest education fad or book or panacea that any teacher could tell you by a glance was useless. It is, of course, much scarier when the objects being considered can cause or not prevent injury or death.

Thesaurus.com listed 43 different synonyms for useless. After that you are on your own. :D

Hi Light Ice. Nice to meet you.

CG we worked all day making our case, now it's being sent to our CO who just told me he'll support our report.

Teaching is the same in some ways. I cannot tell you the millions of dollars spent by districts or states on the latest education fad or book or panacea that any teacher could tell you by a glance was useless. It is, of course, much scarier when the objects being considered can cause or not prevent injury or death.

Thesaurus.com listed 43 different synonyms for useless. After that you are on your own. :D

Hey thanks SF, I'll remember that website.

I need a drink!

Hi Light Ice. Nice to meet you.

CG we worked all day making our case, now it's being sent to our CO who just told me he'll support our report.

That is good to hear HSG. The problem we had to deal with was politicians lobbing for companies in their districts.

Evening G G .

S F that is why I never returned to teaching when I left the service.

It always helps to have your bosses support.

I don't drink alcohol, but when I had a lot of paperwork to do, I would load up on munchies and soda for the caffeine. It was the only way I could get through huge loads especially at grading time.

But I completely understood the people who drank gallons of coffee and alcohol. Paperwork is mentally draining. Especially if you have to be careful of the words you use.

I slide a Jamison's over to G G as she works at her mountains of paper work

Good Morning CPI

Going on manoeuvres today to get those reports out of our system then on to meet some new recruits before handing them over to our W/Os. Hope everyone's well.

Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?
Selling poppies in town today.
The poppies, child, are flowers of love.
For the soldiers who marched away.

But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?
Why not a beautiful rose?
Because my child, soldiers fought and died
In the fields where the poppies grow.

But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?
Why are the poppies so red?
Red is the colour of blood, my child.
The blood that our soldiers shed.

The heart of the poppy is black, Mummy.
Why does it have to be black?
Black, my child, is the symbol of grief.
For the soldiers who never came back.

But why, Mummy are you crying so?
Your tears are giving you pain.
My tears are my fears for you my child.
For the world is forgetting again.

I remember when I joined the army that my ambition was that somewhere, some day a child will as his or her mother 'Mummy, what does the word 'war' mean?' One day that WILL happen!

Last edited:
Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?
Selling poppies in town today.
The poppies, child, are flowers of love.
For the soldiers who marched away.

But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?
Why not a beautiful rose?
Because my child, soldiers fought and died
In the fields where the poppies grow.

But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?
Why are the poppies so red?
Red is the colour of blood, my child.
The blood that our soldiers shed.

The heart of the poppy is black, Mummy.
Why does it have to be black?
Black, my child, is the symbol of grief.
For the soldiers who never came back.

But why, Mummy are you crying so?
Your tears are giving you pain.
My tears are my fears for you my child.
For the world is forgetting again.

I remember when I joined the army that my ambition was that somewhere, some day a child will as his or her mother 'Mummy, what does the word 'war' mean?' One day that WILL happen!

Very nice G G.

From your lips to mankind's ears... maybe someday.

Your poem reminds me of the song "Where Have All the Flowers Gone"
http://www.metrolyrics.com/where-have-all-the-flowers-gone-lyrics-kingston-trio.html

and the poem "In Flanders Fields"
http://www.flandersfieldsmusic.com/thepoem.html

I have seen many decades come and go in my lifetime, and in every one of them the US has been involved in some type of major military action. I would love to go just one decade battle free.

On to better news. today I get to go to the dentist and have two teeth filled and another cap put on. Oh boy!!

A trip to the dentist S F how exciting. :D

You know with all the Root canal and bridging they do perhaps they should be called engineers rather than doctors? :rolleyes:

So what do you think HSG being an engineer? ;)

Back