Make-up

Makeup

If you're still searching I'd recommend a good primer and BB which it sounds like you have. I would say make sure your BB is closer to the Asian varieties rather than the American. The Asian varieties give better coverage while still feeling light. If you're wantijg the Kim Kardashian highlight/contouring I have a YouTube video I'd be happy to PM you. Otherwise just starting off you may be better to just use a simple bronzer to add depth. I personally use Younique, they're natural based and stay on super well even here in humid and hot Florida. Hope that helps? If you want the YouTube video or have questions feel free to PM me. x
 
I'll agree with the primer and BB cream idea. That's an excellent place to start.


Garnate, ix-nay on the contouring. We finally figured out ~ we think ~ what she means by "abstract". Don't add more confusion to the mix.





bitch. <--- For Garnate, not you.

What did she mean? I sort of glanced at everyone's responses and didn't think the definition had been nailed down yet.


hoor. :)
 
What did she mean? I sort of glanced at everyone's responses and didn't think the definition had been nailed down yet.


hoor. :)

I THINK she wants to even out her skin tone and hide any little imperfections such as dark circles, spots, etc.



bitch.
 
I THINK she wants to even out her skin tone and hide any little imperfections such as dark circles, spots, etc.



bitch.

Well maybe she wants her mouth sideways and on her forehead and one eye way lower than the other! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Picasso-FINAL.jpg


hoor.
 
Well maybe she wants her mouth sideways and on her forehead and one eye way lower than the other! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Picasso-FINAL.jpg


hoor.

Could be, but I'm thinking more like this:

Mannequins-576x435.jpg


Obligatory nekkid one because, after all, this is Lit.

8110%283%29.jpg









bitch.
 
To test if you're allergic to something, take the sample cosmetics and rub it on the inside of your elbow, and/or behind your ear. If you feel a stinging sensation/raw sensation, you're allergic. Don't get it. Don't use the side of your hand, it's too "tough" to quickly pick up any possible allergies.

Your initial question kind of confuses me. What do you mean by abstract? You want to add more shadows on your face? If you want to contour your face, go for a makeup color that's 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. This will create the illusion of a natural shadow. You can make it more dramatic by adding highlights on top of the shadows. Don't forget to blend with a big, soft brush, to not make it look like you have random blobs/streaks on your face :)

the best way to get better at makeup, is to watch tutorials on youtube AND to practice on yourself (and others). You can read about it all you want, but this is one of those skills where you learn how to get better just by doing.
 
I have been putting make-up on. Other than my nose being less red (allergies :( ), I haven't noticed much of a difference, but it makes me feel more sociable.

Each morning, I slather it on like some Cherokee hunter spreading ashes on his chest; I'm not sure what this really does, but it feels good to do it.
 
I have been putting make-up on. Other than my nose being less red (allergies :( ), I haven't noticed much of a difference, but it makes me feel more sociable.

Each morning, I slather it on like some Cherokee hunter spreading ashes on his chest; I'm not sure what this really does, but it feels good to do it.
What more could you want? :cathappy:
 
I have been putting make-up on. Other than my nose being less red (allergies :( ), I haven't noticed much of a difference, but it makes me feel more sociable.

Each morning, I slather it on like some Cherokee hunter spreading ashes on his chest; I'm not sure what this really does, but it feels good to do it.

Make-up, especially foundation, should NOT be noticeable. It should smooth out minor imperfections, but you should never ever look like you are wearing foundation. Less is considerably more. A quarter-size amount of product is ample for your face and neck and make sure you blend it well, and that is it. Otherwise, you could end up looking like you're wearing a mask.

For example, whenever I put on foundation, I don't look like I wear foundation. The product diminishes some redness and evens out my skin tone, but when I look in the mirror or when people see my skin, they have no idea that I am wearing anything. All they see is a more rested Breezey. In other words, there is no difference between my wearing foundation or not (when I am well rested, hydrated and all the other things I should be doing but don't). The only person who can point it out is a good friend of mine, and she is a trained make-up artist who works in fashion shows, theatre as well as for a major cosmetic company.

Unless you look like Death incarnate or are on television or on the runway, only a small amount would suffice. And the fact that you don't see a perceptible difference between your skin and the make-up indicates that you stumbled on a matching product, which you should be proud of. :rose:

That said, if you feel good, that's all that is important :rose:
 
Back
Top