Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get my name changed, didn't even mention it. Laurel is the mod for the board. I mistyped because I can't remember shit. I just logged in one day and it had been changed. They told me that if I disliked my new name, they would change it back, but I never gave such an opinion, so it has stuck ever since.

But like, I said, it's not an alt, I didn't close one account and open another. I'm pretty sure that all my old posts, which were once under "Candicame" are now under "Once=ler" though I could be wrong about that.

I actually don't have any alts, I don't see the point. I'm not a very good liar. Or very good at having multiple accounts on things. I always forget about one and let it die.

Okay. Clearer. Thank you.

So you're a male, over-sharing, somewhat troubled individual who is haunted by cluelessness and bad judgment in reality. Online you are a self-professed attention whore who doesn't really remember much of your history, who knits and plays video games and has a sense of humor and writes pretty well.

Conclusion: I like you and I don't mind the rest. I don't even mind posted pictures, just try not to stretch the screen, that's icky.

Welcome to my thread.

emily_strange_pattern_04_by_takocos-d4y5p4u.jpg

I'm working on this blanket right now on metal needles with yarn that I pulled out of ugly sweaters from hand-me downs because I'm to broke to buy yarn.

I actually like the clanking. I like the repetitive sound... it's kinda soothing to me. I know that most people don't. But *shrugs* more shitty needles for me, I guess. :D

If I'm not playing a game, I have to do something with my hands and that will be knitting or cross stitching or making jewelry or cooking.

I like multitasking.

This kind of screen stretching I don't mind 'cause it's more personal.

I think it was December's idea and she just went along with it.

If you don't believe me, ask Laurel. Wouldn't that solve it rather quickly?

Why would I make that up?

What's your relationship to December?

I wouldn't. I have no relationship with Laurel upon which I'd impose to have a random act of mod-ness explained to me as a favor. I'd ask December, but she's not here.

People make up shit for all sorts of reasons, I'd just be more interested in the mechanics of it.

Okay. Clearer. Thank you.

So you're a male, over-sharing, somewhat troubled individual who is haunted by cluelessness and bad judgment in reality. Online you are a self-professed attention whore who doesn't really remember much of your history, who knits and plays video games and has a sense of humor and writes pretty well.

Conclusion: I like you and I don't mind the rest. I don't even mind posted pictures, just try not to stretch the screen, that's icky.

Welcome to my thread.

I remember my history, I misremembered Laurel's name. I just have a bad memory in general.

...goddamn, I sound like such a fucking loser every single time someone sums me up.

Also, I tend not to over-share anymore because BVM wasn't the only person it bothered. I got a blog for that, and have, for the most part, learned to keep it there. I'm sure he linked to a lot of things, but all of them had to be old, because since I got my blog I've kind of contained it there. I do post random over-sharing bits over on the gay forum, but they're generally confined to things referring to sexuality.

I'm an attention whore off-line as well. That's just an aspect of my personality that I find funny enough to share on-line.

And... thank you. :D

What's your relationship to December?

I wouldn't. I have no relationship with Laurel upon which I'd impose to have a random act of mod-ness explained to me as a favor. I'd ask December, but she's not here.

People make up shit for all sorts of reasons, I'd just be more interested in the mechanics of it.

My relationship with Dec?

I think that she's pissed at me. We used to talk all the time, I even sent her some pics and shit, but then I went crazy and left the board and didn't give her any way to contact me for months at a time and so she's a little... you know, disillusioned and whatnot. Because I'm a flake. And a dick. And self-absorbed and a bunch of other shit, and she has every right to be. So honestly... I have no idea.

I don't think that Laurel'd mind. I didn't know her at all. I don't know her at all.

I remember my history, I misremembered Laurel's name. I just have a bad memory in general.

...goddamn, I sound like such a fucking loser every single time someone sums me up.

Also, I tend not to over-share anymore because BVM wasn't the only person it bothered. I got a blog for that, and have, for the most part, learned to keep it there. I'm sure he linked to a lot of things, but all of them had to be old, because since I got my blog I've kind of contained it there. I do post random over-sharing bits over on the gay forum, but they're generally confined to things referring to sexuality.

I'm an attention whore off-line as well. That's just an aspect of my personality that I find funny enough to share on-line.

And... thank you. :D

Okay, cool. Not judging as far as over-sharing being a bad thing, just that it brings bad attention.

I prefer the over sharers, really. I think it's more fun than being absolutely cool, remote and perfect. No fun. I am accused often of over sharing. My life's chock full 'o flaws and most of them have made it up here on the board.

You're welcome! You made my morning more fun.

My relationship with Dec?

I think that she's pissed at me. We used to talk all the time, I even sent her some pics and shit, but then I went crazy and left the board and didn't give her any way to contact me for months at a time and so she's a little... you know, disillusioned and whatnot. Because I'm a flake. And a dick. And self-absorbed and a bunch of other shit, and she has every right to be. So honestly... I have no idea.

I don't think that Laurel'd mind. I didn't know her at all. I don't know her at all.

So you met her here or in a game?

I don't know if she'd mind, but if I ever needed a favor, it won't be to ask about something she likely wouldn't remember from a guy who doesn't know how it happened. :D

Okay, cool. Not judging as far as over-sharing being a bad thing, just that it brings bad attention.

I prefer the over sharers, really. I think it's more fun than being absolutely cool, remote and perfect. No fun. I am accused often of over sharing. My life's chock full 'o flaws and most of them have made it up here on the board.

You're welcome! You made my morning more fun.

Bad attention is still attention.

Is there a way to smallify pics for posting? I don't /try/ to screen-stretch.

So you met her here or in a game?

I don't know if she'd mind, but if I ever needed a favor, it won't be to ask about something she likely wouldn't remember from a guy who doesn't know how it happened. :D

Here. I liked her. I'm just...

You know what? I'm just gonna let that trail off.

Bad attention is still attention.

Is there a way to smallify pics for posting? I don't /try/ to screen-stretch.

I don't know. If I can't find a small one I won't post it.

If I had to, I'd download it, resize it, host it somewhere and then link.

But that's why I don't.

Shout out to motherfuckin Rune Factory: Harvest Moon. The game the seems like it would be boring, is boring as hell to describe, but is so addictive you keep saying "Just One More Day" long into the wee hours of the morning.

Little coal = unhappy minecraft

attachment.php

Attachments

• agh.jpg
    agh.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 37
Shout out to motherfuckin Rune Factory: Harvest Moon. The game the seems like it would be boring, is boring as hell to describe, but is so addictive you keep saying "Just One More Day" long into the wee hours of the morning.

I played that! My daughter and I loved games like that. I prefer crafting systems and creative games in a lot of ways. We loved that and also Viva Pinata.

I don't care if people change their names, though. I changed mine for a couple months a few years ago just to see how people would react to me, and it was very educational.

There was one guy here, maybe six or seven years ago, who changed his name constantly. It was a game to see who would be first to figure out who he was.

I've been in chat rooms where, if you don't register a permanent name, you're a number, or a temporary name for that session. And you can change your name as many times as you like in that session.

It's anonymity. It's what we have here, no matter whether we change our names or not.

It's what we don't have in real life. We can change our names there too, whether we want to pay for a new identity or have one provided by the US Marshal's WITSEC program... but that means cutting ties with everyone we've ever known and starting over.

Doing that here really just means that you're losing touch with people you've made friends with. If you've made no friends, then there's no downside. But I've known people to cycle through several name changes and then come back to the original one because people they liked to interact with didn't know who they were.

For example, I remember liking Candicame's posts, but I really have no idea who Once-ler is.

So, I don't mind it. Hell, I still have maybe a dozen AJ alts at my command, from when he tossed them up for grabs. I still use Algore from time to time... but people who spend a lot of time trying to determine who's who on here are just chasing their tails.

I don't care if people change their names, though. I changed mine for a couple months a few years ago just to see how people would react to me, and it was very educational.

There was one guy here, maybe six or seven years ago, who changed his name constantly. It was a game to see who would be first to figure out who he was.

I've been in chat rooms where, if you don't register a permanent name, you're a number, or a temporary name for that session. And you can change your name as many times as you like in that session.

It's anonymity. It's what we have here, no matter whether we change our names or not.

It's what we don't have in real life. We can change our names there too, whether we want to pay for a new identity or have one provided by the US Marshal's WITSEC program... but that means cutting ties with everyone we've ever known and starting over.

Doing that here really just means that you're losing touch with people you've made friends with. If you've made no friends, then there's no downside. But I've known people to cycle through several name changes and then come back to the original one because people they liked to interact with didn't know who they were.

For example, I remember liking Candicame's posts, but I really have no idea who Once-ler is.

So, I don't mind it. Hell, I still have maybe a dozen AJ alts at my command, from when he tossed them up for grabs. I still use Algore from time to time... but people who spend a lot of time trying to determine who's who on here are just chasing their tails.

Yes, I'm really not here for the identity. If I were, I assume I'd go to a bar, where I could determine gender and physical specs easily. I'm here for words and stories and opinions.

The only time it's of interest is when you see all the little breadcrumbs that reveal who we are even though we try to hide it.

Then there are the people who come online and think they're getting away with some form of social murder and it bites them in the ass. That's always fun for a read.

A lot of people have said that they liked my old name. I never really thought that much about it. I figured if folk liked this one enough to give it to me, I should take it and shut up and be happy about it. I'm still Candi.

Yes, I'm really not here for the identity. If I were, I assume I'd go to a bar, where I could determine gender and physical specs easily. I'm here for words and stories and opinions.
But, well, those words and stories and opinions come from individuals. And I would probably be more likely to click on a post of Emily Dickenson's than one by KatieLovesItUpTheBum4561.

The only time it's of interest is when you see all the little breadcrumbs that reveal who we are even though we try to hide it.
Why try to hide anything when one is anonymous? That doesn't make sense...

Then there are the people who come online and think they're getting away with some form of social murder and it bites them in the ass. That's always fun for a read.
Can you be more specific?

You mean like LT?

Like the time I busted DCL's balls for writing "et. al."

Et is a word; al. is an abbreviation of alia.

It's "et al."

I try to check questionable spellings and I'm surprised how I can't spell conscientious (stupid t should be a sc...) and others...but my brain does put up flags when I'm not absolutely certain and Gods know it'll get corrected here if I get it wrong.

A lot of people have said that they liked my old name. I never really thought that much about it. I figured if folk liked this one enough to give it to me, I should take it and shut up and be happy about it. I'm still Candi.

I let December give me a new avatar when she got tired of my old one, but not my name.

Names are holy.

That's all good.

I know who Once-ler is, now.

Whatever name you have currently is your choice.

But, well, those words and stories and opinions come from individuals. And I would probably be more likely to click on a post of Emily Dickenson's than one by KatieLovesItUpTheBum4561.

Why try to hide anything when one is anonymous? That doesn't make sense...

Can you be more specific?

You mean like LT?

Yeah, but 1hotfuck is awesome and you can't judge by her name.

I come from an acting and writing history. It's a challenge to see from other points of view and portray them. What trips us up is of interest in the same way that it's of interest to find your poker tells and eliminate or alter or fake them.

Well, there's Killswitch's debacle, LT's debacle, KarenKraft's debacle. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back