What Are You Watching Right Now?

LiveFromKorea

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Posts
444
I figured I would take a shot at this thread. I tend to browse Lit while watching something on TV or listening to music. There's a music thread like this already, so why not make a TV one?

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.
 
I've got The Hunger Games on but not really paying attention to it.
 
You got it. ;)



Yeah, I heard Hunger Games was a great series. I actually thought about reading it, but I have a lot of books ahead of it and by the time I get to them the movies will probably be out.

I like reading the books before seeing the movies so I know how much stuff they left out.
 
I like reading the books before seeing the movies so I know how much stuff they left out.

I agree. Although I find when I read books before watching the movies that I just don't like the movies at all.

I watched The Da Vinci Code and thought it was a good movie. Later I read the book and eventually saw the movie again... I thought the movie was HORRIBLE. Same thing with Angels and Demons, except I didn't see that before I read the book.

I'm kind of hoping they don't make a film about The Lost Symbol.
 
I'll have to Google that. I haven't heard of it.

Which one? The Lost Symbol?

It was the third in Dan Brown's series with Robert Langdon. I really enjoyed them all, but I thought The Lost Symbol was by far the best.
 
You got it. ;)



Yeah, I heard Hunger Games was a great series. I actually thought about reading it, but I have a lot of books ahead of it and by the time I get to them the movies will probably be out.

I read the books because my librarian sister made me - she needed someone above a midschool level to discuss them with. Even though they are considered teen lit, they ate really good reads. Very thought provoking. I recommend them over the movies simply because they are having to leave so much out of the movies.
 
Last edited:
I read the books because my librarian sister made me - she ended someone above a midschool level to discuss them with. Even though they are considered teen lit, they ate really good reads. Very thought provoking. I recommend them over the movies simply because they are having to leave so much out of the movies.

I agree with movies having to leave a lot of stuff out from the books. Another thing movies tend to do is over dramatize what really happened in the book, or change characters (adding them in early, not adding them in at all, etc...).

I think that's why they stopped making Tom Clancy books into movies, or at least slowed downed drastically compared to the 90's.
 
Back
Top