A Different Kind of Adventure - IC Thread

Elise kept running through the dense forest, the canopy overlapping above her shrouding everything in darkness. Glancing to her left she noticed Boka keeping a steady pace.
Every step she seemed to take the dread grew larger in her gut, it felt like a tight pressure building and building as she went deeper and deeper.

Skidding to a stop she looked around her, holding her hand up she motioned for Boka to freeze. Slowly turning making sure her feet didnt disturb the earth beneath her she closed her eyes.
At first she had found this skill hard as once she began concentrating nature's feelings flowed into her mind, it had taken a good few attempts to get control.

Opening her eyes she noticed the pulse of nature itself, surging through tree's, leaves, small animals scurrying away but it was to the north that she realised the pulse was slow, soft like it was trying to hang on.

Motioning to Boka they both began running again, keeping her mind open she could feel nature slowly becoming less and less the further they travelled north.

"This doesnt look good Boka." she whispered.
 
Cara heard the whistle, but it was Sherman that had reacted to it first. Watching as he called his men into combat readiness, she moved her mind to more pressing matters. Looking back along the column of soldiers following her, she could already see Rattleborn's large gates closing. Good, at least they could hold out for a while.

Taking two small stones out of a pouch tied to her waist, she spoke a few words and the runes glowed. Speaking to the smooth stones, she was capable of talking to her friends across great distances. Only days earlier she had spoken to both Dane and Elise about their role in the upcoming war. She had placed one stone with blue runes in Elise's hand, and told her to keep it safe. She had done the same, placing a stone with green runes in Dane's hand.

Speaking to them now, her voice would be transferred through, she hoped that Elise and Dane were able to hear her.

"Champions, do you hear me? What is your news. I must ask more of you, please tread carefully and find out what disturbance awaits us. It can only mean grave news that it is so close to our final refuge. Stay hidden, I want you back here as soon as you can manage, I trust your judgements."

She spoke softly, in case they were in a position that noise might draw attention to them.

Rubbing her thumb over the stone, she cut off the one way message. So they could reply if they needed to.

"Danny, head towards the back and bring the rear guard into stronger formation. I don't want us flanked along our journey. Sherman, take your men to the front and continue progress towards Riverdale. We must lend aid if we can. I will see to our archers and mages. Stay close, and keep the line moving. We must not linger."

Turning her horse around, she trotted down the line, calling the other elements of the Army to order. If they were attacked, she wanted them to be capable of forming a defense around the supplies and non-combatants. Many healers and aids marched with them.
 
Dane heard the message and shook his head before pulling his bow out and nocking an arrow. He pulled it back, then adjusted for distance and windage. With a twang, the arrow leapt off the string, felling the orc that was traveling last in the pack. He continued to pick off the raiding party, all 23 of them. When he collected his arrows, he started talking.

"Cara, we have Orc rading parties. Tell Sherman and Danny to beware of their right flank. The orcs are heavily armored, but a strong bodkin point will punch through the mail. Tell the archers to adjust for the angle on the chestplate, and drive them home. I'll be moving ahead." he said, knowing Cara could hear him.
 
Sherman Nord

He nodded at Cara's words and motioned his men into the lead, taking point himself. The good thing about having such height was that you had a great field of vision. The bad thing was that I made you a great target. A large rock came whisteling towards Sherman's head, years of training his peripheral vision on the football field and his new bodie's reaction time to danger saved Sherman's life as he ducked away, the rock grazing the beack of his head and bouncing harmlessly from a soldier's chest.

"Contact! Orc Slingers! Right!"

His below brought shields to bear and with a loud warcry a group of 50 barbarians charged into the foilage, followed by another group with a dismounted Sherman in the lead,

"COOOOOORRRRRAAAAAA!!"

The battlecry carried them over the raiding party and they bashed into another. The orcs were fearsome fighters, heavily armored and well-trained, but few things could stand up against a frenzied barbarian. It was over so quickly that it felt like nothing had happened. Fortunately the soft ground of the forest allowed for tracks to be read and the tale it told was not pretty.

"Defensive positions!"

The barbarians raced back to their comrades, Sherman heading to the back, it seemed like they were going to be in for a good scrap before they reach their beseiged comrades. He stopped when he got to Danny and cuffed the halfdragon friendly on the shoulder, his grin was filled with battle-lust, yet his eyes showed him to be still composed and rational.

"You will get to breathe some of that fire today little brother. Just make sure I'm not iin the way. I like my hair the way they are."
 
When Cara told Danny to go help the rear, he nodded, still a bit upset that he now had to go to war. Once he reached the rear, quickly grabbed everyones attention by banging his mace against his sheild. "Quiet everyone!" he shouted. As they quieted down, he began telling them what to do.
"Okay men, it seems that the Goddess fears that we shall be attacked, so I shall put us in position. All of those with sheilds, came to the last row!" he commanded. As soon as they all came, he instructed them to hold their sheilds out in front, and the others to hold them above their head, forming a protective sheild. Danny knew this was an offensive position, but it could be defense at the same time. No sooner had he finished arranging the soldiers, Danny heard war cry's near the front, and the sound of metal hitting metal. He quickly looked behind the rear, and saw more orcs, charging to them. Thankfully, there were no distance fighters.
"Wait for them to attack you!" he commanded the rear. As soon as an orc reached the rear, Danny took his mace and swung it at the orc's head. He heard the skull crack, and the orc fell down, dead. Danny roared like a dragon, and charged forward himself. Soon, he heard more troops coming, and turned to see Sherman coming towards them.
"You will get to breathe some of that fire today little brother. Just make sure I'm not iin the way. I like my hair the way they are." Sherman told him, still fighting the orcs. Danny smirked, and then he focused his breath like he was taught, and belched it out towars the oncoming swarm of orcs. All who were touched by the fire were burned, and those in the front were incinerated completely. Once Danny was satisifed with his work, he closed his mouth, stopping the airflow.
 
Sherman Nord

The backlash of heat actually singed some of Sherman's hair, but the damage brought a strange glee to his heart. He cuffed Danny again, his grin even wider,

"Good work boyo!"

He raised his bloody axe,

"COOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAA!!!!"

He rushed forward, the shields closing behind him as he waded into the scattered orcs, his attacks precise and deadly. Slaying the last orc he lopped off it's head, grabbing the greassy hair, he raised the head up high, roaring a furious cry. He had no idea where that came from, but damn it felt good.
 
Elise and Boka both turned when they heard the battle cries being carried across the forest, closing her eyes once more she concentrated, pulling the small rune out she let it slide between her thumb and forefinger.

"Cara, it will not be the last, their prescence seems to be everywhere." she was about to explain some more when the shudder ran through her, a warning.

Ducking she watched as the arrow missed her and landed into the bark of a near tree. Sighing she got back up, walking to the tree she pulled it out, stroking the bark tenderly. She smiled to herself as she felt the footsteps disturbing the earth, looking up she was met by Boka's bright eyes gazing back down, "Time to play." she whispered.

Another arrow flew past her she gripped the spear and with all her strength swung it round and grinned when it made contact with the orcs flesh. Kicking it away she looked on as their twisted faces began appearing through the forest. Stepping back she gripped her spear tightly, she knew there were too many but this was her playground!

Placing the rune into her palm she began running back to the camp, the arrows flying past her, "Boka ahead." she commanded and watched as he ran in front of her both of them searching around, they were taking the bait.
Watching them follow she turned and watched as Boka slid to a stop as they burst through the tree line, she also slid to a stop when she saw the fire engulfing other orcs, "Wow!" she muttered before her attention being snapped back.

"Run." she patted Boka's head and they both split of running towards the army, she stopped half way and turned waiting for the enemy to appear through the trees, "Patience." she patted Boka once more. Returning to fighting stance she gripped the spear, it was time to fight back.
 
Once Danny stopped his fire, Sherman and his group raced forward, slaying many of the orcs. Those that slipped through reached the "shell" Danny's group had formed using their shield. There were small holes for the defenders to put their swords through, so while the orcs were hitting shields, the men were cutting them up. Finally, Sherman killed the last Orc, and raised the head up, roaring a furious cry. Danny was surprised, he had never heard Sherman like that. But soon, something caught his eye by the forest. He turned and saw Elise standing with a spear in her hand, facing the forest. Uh oh, this can't be good. he thought. He waited to see what was happening, and then he saw more orcs flooding out of the forest, in swarms! Danny was not one to leave his friends behind, so he raced to Elise's side, leaving his rout with Sherman. "Need any help?" he asked Eise once he reached her, but he knew that he would stay here whether she accepted his help or not.
 
Elise was busy concentrating that it wasn't till Danny spoke that she realised he was there, glancing to her side she smiled a little nervous before looking back at the burnt ground.

"Please don't try and burn me." she smirked before looking back to the forest. Gripping her spear tighter she patted Boka once more the head, "Patience" she whispered looking into his eyes before looking to Danny.

"That look suits you." she smiled, looking back at sherman she could only laugh, "I see someone is in high spirits."

Just as she was about to turn another arrow landed at her feet, making her jump. "Ready?" she asked looking at danny knowing she wouldn't need an answer.
Watching as the first few Orcs began appearing she smiled, "Time for us to play Boka." and with one last whistle she and Boka ran towards the Orcs.

The first one in her path being knocked to the floor by Boka's size and strength then the gurgling of blood as his wide jaws bit down, ripping the head off with no effort. The next was her's, gripping her spear she threw it into the Orcs neck before kicking him down, driving the spear deeper.
 
Danny saw Elise turn her head, and gave him a nervous smiled, but then he saw her see the ground that he had charred with his flames, and that nervousness disappeared. "Please don't try and burn me." she said with a smirk. He smiled mischievously, but then she turned back to the forest. Se patted her panther on the head, who's name still escaped him, and she then whispered something to the panther. She then turned back to Danny and smiled. "That look suits you." she said. It seemed that the Orcs were either hiding from them, or taking their time. Probably both. Danny saw her gaze turn to Sherman. "I see someone is in high spirits." she said with a laugh. Se was about to turn, but then an arrow landed at her feet, and she jumped in surprise. She turned back to Danny. "Ready?" she asked him, but Danny knew she didn't need an answer. The first couple Orcs came out of the forest,a nd Dnny saw Eise whisper again in her panthers ear, and then they attacked. The first Orc was killed by the panther, it's throat being ripped out. Then Elise threw a spear into an Orcs neck, and rout him down, pushing the spear deeper. Danny grinned, and then took out his mace, and ran towards the orcs. The nearest one he hit with his mace, similar to his first kill with his group. He pulled up his shield and used it to get close to the Orcs, and then finish them with his mace. He was rather enjoying this, despite his worries earlier.
 
Elise cringed at the smell of the orc's blood as she began slaying one after another. Stopping herself from wrenching she concentrated on what she had learned.

More and more were coming out from the forest, how had she not sensed them sooner? she thought before slamming her spear into another's throat, smiling a little as she heard the gurgling sound as the orc choked on its own blood.

Boka was enjoying himself, whenever he didn't have a head in his jaws he was pouncing on another victim, and Danny seemed to be doing fine, gazing back to the group she saw Cara and gave a little nod of acknowledgement.

But it was then that the Orc had grabbed her, knocking her to the ground, struggling she moved her head away from the rotten breath, putting her hands on either side of its head she tried getting the beast off her, when she felt the burning in her hands. 'Oh No!' she thought not again... looking to Boka she knew that look in his eyes.

The burning grew and she could feel the earth move beneath her, "Wrong move." she smirked at the Orc before kicking him off, standing she looked to the forest, raising her hands she let the burning flow through her. Closing her eyes she called to nature to help, to come to her .. opening them she noticed the earth opening seeming to swallow up the Orcs one by one, others being dragged back screaming into the forest by an unseen force.

Elise frowned the burning grew painful and then like always she lost the feeling and fell the ground, it seemed she hadn't quite mastered it yet, on her knees she rubbed her head whilst taking deep breaths.
 
The Orcs attacks were both vicious and sudden, but lacked the wind to last long. However they had gained the attention of her main fighters, and she brought her horse around to cast an eye over the battle. Off to the right she could see the forest beginning to come alive and knew that Elise was playing with her inner magic again. But soon it was obvious that the magic was too strong, but the damage to the Orc army had been done.

Those Orcs that remained at the treeline had been fired on by the archers, Dane's hints had been put into full effect and hundreds of arrows littered the tree line.

By the time most of the battle was over a defensive barrier had been cast by the mages, a large dome growing bigger until it swept over the top of all Cara's followers. Ranged attacks for the most part would prove ineffective, however there were still a few Orcs left alive inside the walls of the magical dome.

Cantering towards the flank, Cara called out. "Take a handful of prisoners, we'll question them later. Strip them of weapons, bind their hands and feet in chains and cover their eyes and mouths. We'll take them with us. Well done!"

Several of the healers moved among the followers, offering their services if needed. And soon glowing hands of white began sparking here and there, wounds healing in a fraction of the time they would usually take.

Dismounting, Cara put her hand on Elise's shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry, in time the side effects of such power will lessen. You see how deep your connection runs, be careful to not let it run your judgements. Rest now, if you need a horse we have one prepared."

Looking around, Cara seemed to cast her eyes over the forest.

"They are not finished, I suspect this is but the first wave. To test our reactions and tactics. Form up again, and we will continue on our way. If they attack, protect the central column. You can see the magical barrier the mages are keeping up, it will negate arrows, and force them to attack on foot. They will have to come to us next time, if they wish to fight. Soon we move out of the forest, and onto the plains. We will have a better line of sight."

Mounting up again, Cara looked at the faces of her Champions.

"You all fought well, and I can see you have learned impressive skills over the past two weeks. I had no doubt you would, but it is good to see it first hand. This is a good introduction to war for you, and you handled yourselves well."

The column would pause long enough to take prisoners, but it would then move at a decent pace onwards again.
 
Sherman Nord

Sherman dispatched more of the rear attacks, falling slowly back to stand and fight before the rear guard, a solitary figure slashing and hacking with reckless abandon. When the attackers diminished he stood there panting for breath, around him lay the bodies of many orcs, he was spattered in blood, but he had never felt more alive. When a cleric approached him to ask if he needed any healing for his wounds, he took a quick check, found the scrapes, cuts and bruises not worth the effort,

"Tend to my warriors, I am fine."

He stalked off to the right flank where his men where, the orc losses had been heavy, at least his men was still standing and ready for more.

"Formations! Ooooorah!"

Those that could raised their weapons,

"Cora! Ooooooorah!"

Sherman quickly visited the supply wagons, washed the blood from himself and washed the dryness from his throat. Joining Cora at the front of the column, he swung onto his horse.

"That went particularly well. For a first battle I am quite surprised how good the others have fared."
 
Gripping the earth beneath her Elise closed her eyes and tried to calm down her breathing. It wasn't till Cara had place a hand on her shoulder that she opened her eyes, the once open earth was now closed and seemed like it had never happened.
Placing a hand on top of Cara's, "I'll be fine Goddess." standing up with a sigh she looked up and noticed the barrier protecting them for the moment.
Walking she picked up her spear and smiled when Boka rubbed up against her, "Nice job." she chuckled whilst bending down and rubbing her nose gently over his fur, smiling when he gave a little grunt of acceptance.
Looking around she noticed Danny and nodded her appreciation for his help, she cringed when she heard the now familiar roar of Sherman, gazing over her shoulder she shielded Boka's ears, "So loud." she shook her head before standing.

Walking she joined the rest of the troop wandering behind, she playfully tugged at Boka's tail, earning her grunts and playful snaps as they continued on.
 
Danny saw as Elise opened the earth, swallowing troops, and Orcs just being pulled in the forest. It kind of scared him, amazed at ow powerful, and deadly, Elise was. When there were only a few Orcs left, and Cara put her hand on Elise's shoulder, she stopped. A magical dome was put up, and any Orc survivors were Aiken prisoner. Danny Elise nod to him, and he only grunted in return. Danny. Had noticed whenever he had just had a big fight, his Dagon side was in more control. That left him to just grunting and growling. H walked over to the Goddess, where she was praising the Champions he heard her praise to them all, and his heart lit p with hope. He though war would be horrible, cold, miserable, but it wasn't. At least, not yet. He joined in the column of the surviving troops, which was the original amount, minus 10 or so soldiers. They had done well. The Orcs had been killed by the hundreds, but they had only had a few casualties. They walked on, leaving the sight of the forest. Again, Danny had to walk on foot. He had been upset when he first got this body that he hadn't had wings, but his endurance was many times better than it was in his old body.
 
Elise walked a few paces behind the troop gazing up she could see the dome glistening when the sun shone upon it.. she was too busy looking up that she accidently stepped on Boka's tail earning her a growl and nudge.
Frowning she smiled, tugging his tail once more she ran ahead a little, and was playfully knocked to the floor, 'Pushing it..' she whispered noticing the playful look in Boka's eyes.
Looking up she checked no one was looking and playfully pounced on Boka, biting his neck gently, nudging him she got up and brushed her clothes off and walked like nothing had happened.
It wasn't till Boka ran past that she smiled, 'fine want to play like that.' she whispered before running to catch him up. Running past some troops she couldn't help but noticed how skilled they all were, how large set they were, it gave her the goosebumps knowing how strong they were.
 
((Five hours later))

Cara's followers had continued on, and the rest of their journey had passed with no more attacks. It seemed as though the enemy forces in the area, although numerous, were but a fragment sent out to hold up the allied reinforcements. Perhaps they didn't expect such harsh opposition.

Perhaps the Dark Lord didn't know that Cara had regained her Champions so soon.

As the column neared the top of a ridge, dark smoke billowed out from somewhere over the other side, perhaps five miles off. And soon the scale of the attack on Riverdale was obvious. The cities outer wall had been breached, but it looked as though Riverdale's mages had erected some sort of barrier to stop men from passing through it.

They were however unfortunately suffering the Dark Lords archers, and an ongoing onslaught of wave after wave of arrows.

The purple glow of the barrier faltered occasionally, and as time went on little by little it broke apart. The inner walls were still sound, and the enemy was yet to pass through. That was a good sign. The bridge leading to the main gate was jam-packed with what seemed like Orcs, and the stone walls were the targets of the horse sized spiders that the Dark Lord commanded.

Fire and oil rained down on the beasts, roasting them alive, but occasionally one would slip through.

Cara rode to the front of the army she commanded, and addressed her followers. She had hoped that Dale would have joined her by now, and was slightly worried at what might have held him up.

"We have arrived with only moments to spare, we will attack immediately. Our target will be to clear the main bridge, and enter the city, there we can reinforce and plan how to repell the enemy forces. We cannot let them breach the inner wall!

Danny, I need you to conserve your fire until we reach the bridge. Sherman and my men will clear you a path, and I want you to unleash hell upon whoever stands on the bridge. Once your fire has done it's job, fall back to Sherman. His men will be ready to follow through after your attack, and spearhead our push over the bridge.

Several of my mages will keep us from harm, concerning the Dark Lords archers, and I'll make sure to keep up a healing barrier as good as I can.

Elise, I need you and a handful of my soldiers to bring up the rear, I'll lend you Ribek, Miscala and Aryen, to bring up a shield wall, similar to the one the mage's inside the city have made. It should stop all but magical creatures from passing through.

Of those that do pass through, most are susceptible to taking melee damage, but some are not."


Riding over to within reach of Elise, she grasped the tip of her spear and concentrated, speaking a few words. The spear soon glowed with a golden aura, before returning to its original state.

"For that, I give you my blessing...and as far as I am concerned, only a few of the minions the Dark Lord commands comes close to my current power levels...but be on guard just in case."

Looking around, she glanced at the faces of the men and women who followed her.

"Riverdale is home to innocent men, women and children, of many different races and cultures. This attack is an insult directed towards every single one of us, and the Dark Lord will not be victorious this day. I have faith in every single one of you, and hope you have the same level of faith in me.

Onwards! To victory!"
she yelled out, turning her steed around as Sherman and the infantry formed up around the central block of non-melee fighters. At the tip, were barbarians, with Sherman and Danny. At the back, Elise, a portion of barbarians and standard soldiers, and the mages who would keep the enemy from ripping the column apart from the flank, and just behind Sherman and Danny, Cara, ready to do her part in this battle.

The dome above the column was redone, and it glowed stronger in preparation for the onslaught.
 
Sherman Nord

For the attack he dismounted, he tenderly patted the huge head of the very fine horse,

"Stay alive."

He moved to the head of his warrior elite, drew a longsword and pulled his axe from it's scabbard. Before they moved he turned to face the barbarians.

"Today we will live up to our reputation, we will show these fools that power is nothing without passion! Expect no quarter, give quarter only to those the goddess commands and if you dare going berserker, I will personally kick your ass!"

He grinned as the barbarians laughed, he raised his sword and pointed it at the enemy,

"Forwards!"

They started at a slow trot, when arrows starting bouncing off of the protective barrier, Sherman increased the tempo, he knew Danny will keep up.

"Chaaaarge!"

As one the barbarians cried out their battle cry:

"COOOOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAAA!!!!"

They smashed into the back of the besiegers, most had turned to face their attack, but they stood no chance on withstanding the attack. Arrows whistled past the point attackers, mowing down the enemy. Sherman felt like he was in his element as he hacked, slashed, stabbed, bit, cracked, stomped anything that came in his way. He met partial resistance from some dark form, it was bigger than an orc, stronger, but slower. He would later find that it is trolls, it matter not to him then. He killed it, he killed more of it's kind, orcs fell by the hundreds as they surged forward. At the head of the bridge a thing rose, it carried two axes, one axe as big as Sherman himself. His warriors fanned out killing any orc or troll moving towards them. Sherman knew that it would be best to let Danny fry this thing, but he was certain that a blood victory over it will establish fear and respect for Cora. The thing bellowed at him as he stepped forward, Sherman readied his own axe.

"COOOOORRRRRAAAAAA!!!!"

The cry was taken up by his warriors as they held their line, Sherman charged. The battle was angry, hard and brief, Sherman ended up standing on the corpse of the mountain giant, hacking furiously at the head of the monster with his axe, finally severing the head, he motioned at Danny.

"Do your thing little brother."

Sherman sunk to one knee and held his ribs, that knee to the chest had hurt him, sent him into overdrive. He could feel the healing magic working on him, but until it worked it's stuff, he had to endure the pain. He stood up and joined his warriors to keep the rest of the army away from Danny.
 
Danny kept up with the column of soldiers, and as the hacked their way through the orcs and trolls, Danny kept his fire in. Very few creatures reached him, since Sherman cut them all down, but when they did, he simply crushed their skulls with his mace. Finally, when they reached the main bridge and it was time to use his fire, Dnny waited for the troops to get behind him so he could face the enemy, and bellowed out as much flame as he could. It went right across the bridge, traitor into the enemy's flanks. He heard yells of pain as they were incinerated, but soon it quieted down as they were killed. Finally, when Danny could flame no more, he closed his mouth, taking in some air, and looked at the damage he had done.
 
Elise pushed Boka back, "No stay!" she whispered as she looked on.

Sherman was deadly as ever and she couldn't help but feel his strength whenever he cried as he slayed another orc as if they were nothing. Danny however still amazed her she felt Boka move back as the flames appeared once more, swallowing nervously she turned to the soldiers she was given.

"Ok let's keep the rear covered, it seems they have everything dealt with up front but something tells me this isn't going to be that easy!"

Closing her eyes she let the surrounding nature run through her senses, the pulse was strong but something... something ... she opened her eyes and cursed, "Damn it!" something was blocking.

She looked to the soldiers and mages standing with her, "Keep your positions." she commanded before turning and running to the forest line, Boka quickly catching up to her. tightening her spear herself and Boka began running through the forest going deeper within.

They seemed to have been running for sometime when Elise suddenly got the urge to head east, skidding to a halt she turned and began running east, knowing this would eventually bring her back to the city. It wasn't till the arrow flew past her that she grinned, 'sneak attack is never a nice surprise.' she whispered more to herself before bringing her spear up and running straight into the deep forest, feeling the contact with an object she twisted and pulled the spear above her head, watching as the orcs body flew backwards with a deafening scream.

"Boka!" she felt him above her in the trees, "Time to play once more."
 
Last edited:
Sherman Nord

With the bridge open, Sherman charged across, one half of his warriors stayed as back guard, the other half followed him. Behind them the other warriors was steadily breaking through, strengthening the numbers of the barbarians. Another mountain giant stepped forward, axes swinging. It fell under the attack of Sherman and three of his soldiers, orcs came at them, mixed with trolls and more giants. Some of his soldiers fell, but they held their own. Soon more barbarians joined the front ranks and the battle raged on, they made headway up to the gates, when a loud roar made every barbarian except Sherman go pale. From the inner gates came a lumbering form, huge, scaly with teeth the length of broadswords. It was a fantastic creature, to Sherman it looked like a mix between an Eastern Dragon and a dinosaur.

"So we finally meet."

The orcs and trolls gave way for the creature as it surged towards the attackers,

"Fall back!"

The troops fell back, too late did they realize that Sherman was not among them. Sherman knew that killing this thing would give the defenders hope and that will power Cora. He charged...
 
Elise dug her heels into the soil beneath steadying her spear as she saw a number of orcs appear out of the forest ahead of her, smiling she waited for the first orc to be within three feet of her she jumped bringing her knee up connecting with its face, the sound of cracking bone filled the now silent forest.
Immediately following the orc down she brought her spear around and stabbed it in the neck watching as its eyes began to dim as the life bled out of it onto the soil. She was to busy fascinated with this that she didn't realize another orc was ready to pounce on her but luckily for her Boka was straight in there, he had jumped down from above and was already biting into its neck when Elise turned around.
Grinning she jumped up and ran up the nearest tree grabbing the branch and swinging herself up, she looked around and noticed three orcs retreating towards the city to the east. Throwing her spear she hit the slowest one, watching as it fell to the floor with a satisfying thud.
Jumping through the trees she was quickly joined by Boka who kept up with her pace and eventually over tuck her and pounced on the second one, "This one is mine." she muttered jumping above Boka who was once again enjoying the feast of orc blood.
Swinging down she ran across the forest floor noticing the small creatures running out of her way as she picked up speed.
The orc broke the tree line and began running towards the soldiers she had left to guard the rear, before it could make it an arrow struck its body and it hit the floor, sliding to halt she twitched it with her foot but unfortunately it was already dead.
 
Wen Danny saw the beast, he was a bit afraid. I was large,NAND it looked deadly. But when he sA Sherman charge, his fear vanished, and was replaced with courage. He commanded his troops to fall back and guard the bridge, and Danny ran across it to join Sherman. He couldn't use his flames, since he migh kill Sherman, so he had to fight with his mace. H ran up to it, guarding his body with his shield, and when he reached the monster, he swung with his mace. It was too bust fighting Sherman to see him, so he hit him without any defense. His mace hit him right in the leg, and the monster gave a bellow of pain before it turned to face Danny. He gulped, but stood his ground. He just hoped Serman was still alive and could help kill this monster. Danny once again put his shield over him, and the monster gave a swat at him, and he was pushed back a bit, the shield and armor absorbing most of the attack. But he still felt some of it, and that led way o ange not able to control himself, he charged forward, and brought down his mace wherever he could. The monster screamed man more times, but it didn't look like it was defeated just yet.
 
He was surprised when the beast turned from him and attacked Danny, where did he come from? Sherman did not have time to wonder as Danny who was flaying into the monster, did not really defend himself anymore. He scurried up the stairs of the outer wall, he reached the rampart, ran towards the monster and jumped, axe raised up high, his yell of defiance drawing the animal's attention. But it was too late, as it's huge head swung towards Sherman, Sherman brought down the axe, the heavy head impacting with the creature. A roar of pain and fury erupted from it, but with the axe buried deep inside of it's head, it could not do more but die. Sherman wrenched the axe from the thing's head, dropping to the ground, landing heavily on his back as the creature swayed and crashed to the ground, a convulsion running through the creature's body.
 
Elise stood frozen to the spot as she saw both Sherman and Danny take down the dragon. She had nearly shouted for Danny to watch out, but before the words could even leave her lips, Sherman was taking the final blow.
She couldn't help but feel a shudder run through her as the mighty beast roared and fell the ground defeated, she could feel the last remaining ounces of life seep away from it.
Turning she motioned for Boka to join her as she walked back to the soldiers at the rear, "How is everything this side?" she asked the nearest one.
"Everything good." was the response, nodding she stood her ground, bringing the spear up she cleaned it as orcs blood dripped to the ground.

Looking ahead she watched as the rest of the army battled the remaining orcs, trolls etc pushing them back, the city would be recovered she smiled at the thought and patted Boka's head as he licked his paws and face also cleaning off the blood.
 
Back
Top