A Different Kind of Adventure - IC Thread

DormantEvil

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Posts
2,189
A Different Kind of Adventure

They had waited for several months, if not the entire year, for the summer holidays to finally arrive. For each of the students; Danny, Dane, Sherman, Lila, Elise and Anna, there would be a different reason for getting away from town. Some just wanted to have some space from the fast paced college life. Some just wanting to avoid their parents trying to put them into holiday classes. Some just needed to have a holiday after spending their year trying to get great grades.

It had all started at their local beach side cafe, where they had discussed the possiblity of holiday locations. They had decided rather quickly on road tripping, and wanted to go to one of their families' rural mountain lodge. The same location would cost a lot of money to book out if it was a holiday lodge, but luckily it was just the home of a hermitish wealthy couple. And even more so, that couple wouldn't be home for two long weeks whilst they holidayed in Europe.

So far they had spent four nights on the road, staying in the wild and sleeping in tents. Last night they had stayed in a two star hotel, so that they could shower and get refreshed. Now they were packing up once again, ready to take the final six hour drive to the lodge. From there they had one week, and had decided on seeing many more locations on their way back home.

Robinvale Spa Hotel, the neon sign flickered with each bug that landed on the insect zapper swinging from the porch. Although a remote hotel, it had been difficult to get rooms, and the girls and boys had to share based on gender. The single Queen sized bed in each room could have created some controversy overnight. The hotel seemed to be occupied by a local ute muster, and the atmosphere overnight had been one of tail gate parties and intoxicated commotion.

Their black SUV sat in the parking space out the front of the boy's room, and the side doors were open as bags were packed back inside.

Someone had gone to pay their fees, and someone was meant to be getting supplies from the small general store just down the road.



To begin: I would like to spend a few moments introducing our college students and getting to develop some connections between them. I think this would make the transfer later more interesting, especially if personalities change based on their new appearances.

You don't have to post any profiles, as long as you have been given the okay to take part in the OOC thread. I look forward to being your Goddess for this ride, and that you enjoy the fabric I weave.
 
Sherman Nord

He had just finished packing his duffelbag which housed his toiletries, in other words a toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel which acted as soap, shampoo and shaving gel and his razor, as well as some clothing and a few things that might come handy, like a First Aid kit, Emergency Bush Survival kit and of course a big assed knife. He always had this love for knifes and swords, he even tried to study a bit of knife and sword fighting, but all he could find was fencing and that was not his forte.

He picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder, pushing open the door he walked outside, closing the door behind him, running fingers through his damp hair he made his way to the SUV. He seemed to be the first one out, but he could have sworn he had heard the door open and close, well perhaps he was the first one here the, grinning he dumped his bag on his tent, sleeping bag and larger bag with more clothes inside.
 
Dane Laudrup

Dane finished packing, including his survival and first aid kits, .45 1911 cold, .44 S&W, and ammunition. He heard the were bears where the camping trip had booked spots, and didn't feel like being breakfast for a curious animal. He also had his bathroom stuff, extra clothes, and a few books.

Dane was out and waiting by the SUV before anyone, and made his way over to the wall, leaning against it in the shadow, taking in the surroundings. His hand idly drifted to the 1911 holstered at his lower back as the door opened, only to see Sherman walk out. He looked away, continuing his survey of the area.
 
Danny Jackson

Danny put all of his books, clothes, and camping supplies in his bag. He had brought a pocket knife, a toothbrush, some toothpaste, and some books to read. He had read a lot about camping, like how to make a fire and set up a tent, and had excersized a lot to be fit for the trip. He zipped his bag, and wake dout of the room. His back ached, for Dane and Sherman forced him to sleep on the floor at their time at the hotel. Danny had volunteered to pay for their rooms, and took the stairs to the lobby.
As he came to the desk, he said hi to the person their, and asked how much he had to pay. "Well, for the rooms you got, it was $35 per night per room. So, that's $70." the guy said. Danny took out his wallet, and gave him a hundred dollar bill. He was given thirty dollars as change, and Danny put away his money. He thanked the guy, and walked outside to their SUV. He saw that Sherman and Dane had already gotten outside, and he nodded his head to them.
 
Last edited:
Elise had already packed her bag so when she went outside to put her bag in she noticed the others were not up yet. Shrugging she went to the store and browsed the shelves seeing if anything caught her eye. She knew that there was plenty of food in the SUV everyone had overpacked some how.

She was going to buy some water when she noticed the dog sitting watching her from behind the counter, peeking over she smiled before patting it on the head, "what's it name?" she asked pulling out her money, the cashier just shrugged his shoulders. Frowning she paid the man before grabbing some jerky, "here boy." she muttered watching as the dog walked round the counter. Stroking him once more she giggled when he rolled on to his back and wanted his stomach rubbed.

Hearing the SUV shut she looked out the window to see the 3 guys waiting, "sorry have to go." she patted hm once more before leaving the store, walking to the SUV she noticed the dog following, "I can't play have to go." she whispered before giving it one last piece of jerky.

Turning she ran to the SUV and put her bag in, looking around she frowned, "are we still waiting for boots?" she asked before shrugging her shoulders and ran back to the dog which happily rolled over once more for a belly rub.
 
Anna swore and tossed her hairbrush into her backpack. She hated being the last one out, but this time she wouldn't be. "Right, I'm coming," she called out, tugging her jacket on over her tank top. The muscular brunette checked herself in the mirror, wishing she'd been willing to grow her hair long. She felt like she looked boyish like this, wearing jeans and an old letterman jacket, her hair cut short. Most people wouldn't look close enough to see the small gold studs in her ears, or the delicate, pixieish face.

She grabbed her suitcase, a pink duffel bag that her grandmother had gotten her last year, and tossed the backpack on her back before running out the door of the room. "Sorry, I'm sorry! I had to repack everything," she apologized as she shoved her bag into the SUV. It was already pretty full, so she shoved as hard as she could, and it flopped over onto the others. "Lila should be out soon, I think. I heard the shower stop while I was getting repacked."

Anna leaned against the side of the SUV, watching Elise play with the shop dog. He was scruffy, but cute, almost like a cartoon. Idly, the girl pulled her phone from he pocket and took a picture of the scene.
 
As the last of the road trippers arrived at the SUV, the skies began to turn darker. The clouds moving in from the west were becoming darker with each passing minute, and it was evident that this region would get a downpour within the hour. Luckily for the college students it was not an area of common tornado's or the harsher storms.

The hotel keeper counted their money and deposited it into his old cash register, before turning the sign around on the door.

Back in one hour

As if indicating what the near future would bring, the first of the light rain drops began to fall. They were big droplets, much like you would get during a summer rain shower. But the chill in the air, and the smell would tell anyone with camping or outdoor experience that heavy rains were imminent.
 
Dane shook his head as he pulled the hood of his light jacket up. He figured it would rain. Last night had too much cloud cover and moisture in the air for it not to rain. He walked out and then went over the loaded luggage, making sure everything was secure and ready to go. After a few minutes of getting everyone rounded up, Dane slipped into the front seat, waiting for Sherman or Danny to drive.

Dane waited as everyone slowly filed into the car, wanting to get out of the rain and to the lodge before it got any worse.
 
Sherman Nord

He sniffed the air as the first drops started to fall and he grinned, this one is going to be a doozie, since Dane already took the shotgun seat and Danny didn't make any moves towards the driver's door, it became apparent that he was the one to take the first shift driving.

"Alllll aboard!"

He got into the driver's seat, adjusting it to fit his length and then he waited for everybody to pile in. When the last door closed he nodded at Dane.

"Go ahead big guy, give us some tunes."

He switched on the GPS, their route flashing onto the screen,

"Good morning Netrisca, time to roll."

He slipped the car into gear, pulled out of the parking area, drove out of the parking lot
 
Danny sighed with relief when Sherman chose to drive. Not that Sgerman was better, but Danny had a bad night, and he didn't think he could stay awake for too long. He opened the door to the back row, sitting down in the middle. He waited for Anna, Elise, and Lila to te in, hoping he wouldn't be smushed or it would be too crowded back her, after all he wanted to sleep. But, when Dane turned on the music, it didn't help with his sleep. He couldn't listen to that, and fall asleep.it was too loud. He sighed, trying to keep his eyes open.
 
Elise felt the first drop of rain as she continued to stroke the dogs stomach, looking up she frowned as the sky darkened, looking over her shoulder she noticed everyone was getting into the van.

"sorry boy maybe next time." she muttered before turning and running to the car before it began to rain heavy.

Sitting in the back she wiped the window and looked on as the dog sat there wagging its tail, opening e window she smiled as she shouted, "get in you silly mutt you'll get soaked." she giggled as it barked before running away.

Turning to covered her ears as the music became louder in the van, sighing she turned and began to rummaged through the bags looking for her own. "sorry" she muttered as she nearly kicks Danny in the face as she searches. After a while she opens her bag and pulls out her mp3 smiling she turns back in her seat pulls her hood up on her hoodie, looking to Danny she smiles before switching her mp3 on.
 
Dane shook his head as he tried to find something more quiet. He wasn't used to Sherman's iPod, so decided to pull out his own. He quickly selected a mix and put it on. It was good driving music, but also wasn't loud. As the music started to play, Dane adjusted the volume so it wasn't obnoxious, then slid deeper into his chair, trying to get comfortable so that he could sleep a bit more. He didn't sleep well, since the bed he was in wasn't comfortable at all. The last thing Dane remembered before he slept was Danny just about getting kicked in the face, and then Elise giggling as she finally settled down.
 
Sherman Nord

The drive started off good, Amon Amarth dominating his iPod's tracks, he drummed on the steering wheel, then Dane switched the music and Sherman settled back into the seat, not that he didn't like the music, it just didn't give him that slight adrenaline surge that his usual music gave him, which of course kept him sharp as he drove. He shook his head at the lot falling asleep, what did they do? He slept well and he felt good. Shrugging he kept his eye on the rolling clouds, the wind not unmanagable, but the raindrops started to fall heavier and faster. Judging from what he saw on the road ahead, he was very glad that he wasn't outside camping.
 
Dane never fully fell asleep. Car rides never really let him sleep. He heard the raindrops getting heavier and looked over at Sherman to make sure he was good.

"Everything going ok?" Dane asked quietly, not wanting to wake anyone up.

He looked around, noticing that the three in the back seat were passed out, with Elise still plugged into her iPod. He couldn't help but chuckle as he saw how they were all using each other as pillows.

"This is going to be an interesting trip," Dane said, looking at Sherman. "What made you decide to come on this shendig?" He asked as the rain continued to get heavier.
 
Anna settled into the SUV, tugging a book out of her jacket pocket as she fastened her seat belt. The book was a little out of the ordinary for her, and especially for what people thought of her, but she'd found it a while ago and picked it up. It was a historical fiction, and she had found herself getting into it while they were on the road.

Everything was going fine, but then the rain started. It was hard to read with the sky so dark, so Anna tucked the book back away and pulled out her phone, starting to play one of the games - sound off, so that she wouldn't bug Elise or the other sleepers.
 
Sherman Nord

"Chance to get out of the rut. I mean all that my life is about is study and practise, during breaks I have nothing else to do but read, play games or study. This is a welcome break from all that."

He switched the wipers to their highest setting and slowed slightly, he did not know the road and with the others in the SUV he had to be much more careful. Not that he had a deathwish, but it is said that he did not got his father's family looks, but also their rage, he would not know as he knew he had to remain calm as long as possible, with his bulk and power he would most basically kill people, he did go into some rages in the past, but he could remember nothing about them at all, but he had luckily killed nobody.
 
Danny saw Elise's foot, and luckily it didn't make contact with his face. He smiled as she giggled, and waited for her to finish wha she was doing. He heard the music quiet down, no doubt Dane's doing. He gave Dane a thankful look, and adjusted himself, trying to get comfortable. He fell asleep t the raindrops, alarmingly quickly growing in speed and size. The rain wasn't too loud, and he drifted off.
 
Dane saw the accident long before it happened. He didn't know how, but that was life. He was always able to tell when a situation would be going downhill, and he tried to react accordingly. Unfortunately, with Sherman driving, and the rain getting even harder, there was nothing any of them could do. Dane quickly strapped himself in, preparing for the accident that was bound to happen on these winding mountain roads. He knew it wouldn't be Sherman's fault, but quickly made eye contact with him before clearing his throat.

"I have a bad feeling about tonight," was all Dane said, quickly grabbing everyone's attention.
 
Sherman Nord

He looked at Dane as he spoke, the cleared throat drawing his attention, he felt like kicking himself for looking away, he looked back to the road. By then it was too late, he had not seen the sign which showed the sharp turn, there was no side barrier to warn him, the heavy rain obscured his vision, when he saw the white line veering off sharply he applied brakes and tried to follow the line, but the wet road did not give the wheels any traction. Time seemed to slow down for a few seconds as the edge of the road rushed up on them. On the gravel the wheels found some purchase and started to turn, he counter steered to avoid their tail to slide off, but the weight of the SUV was just not working along and they went over the side, the soft ground giving in, sticking the bumper into the ground and flipping the vehicle over,they landed with a crash and then continued to roll down the slope, picking up speed, only to crash with the driver's side into a sturdy tree.
 
The last thing Dane remembered before things fading out was a flash of bright light, and then sudden sharp pain. He quickly succumbed to his injury, not even knowing what it was, but quickly fading into unconsciousness, like everyone else in the car after the fall and sudden impact on the ground.
 
Danny was still sleeping when he heard thecar swerve off the road. He quickly awoke, and opened his eyes to see them falling off the edge of the road. He quickly checked his seat belt, making sure it was on tight, and checked to see if the others were ready, all in two seconds. Then, the flipped over, and that was the last thing Danny remembered before he slipped out of consciousness, his brain having a major concussion, his arms and legs broken.
 
The accident occurred, and there was nothing that the Goddess could do about it. She wasn't permitted to interfere with their world even if it was to stop death. However, a loophole that she could make use of was stopping their souls from exiting their bodies and travelling to their final destination, Heaven, or Hell. Catching them in limbo, she would see if they would aid her, in exchange for some hope.

As the last of you falls unconscious, there seems to be at least several minutes that pass by without anything happening. But soon your souls depart your bodies, usually you would only do this if you had died, but the Goddess has summoned you.

When you wake up, you are surrounded by white mist, and if you look upon your body it appears partially transparent. You are ghost like. Pale and cold.

As you spot the rest of the group, each looking half see through, cold and pale, the mist begins to clear.

Off to one side, you see the SUV on its roof, the windows smashed in and several doors hanging open. Blood is spread across the interior of the vehicle, and you will see yourselves, injured and barely alive. What wounds you have suffered are varied.

After a few minutes of looking over the vehicle, a soft, fluid and warm voice greets you. Emerging from the mist, as if appearing before you from nothing, a woman stands. She wears long flowing robes of silver threads, and her hair is white, cascading around her shoulders. Across her forehead she wears a headdress of diamond jewels, and she looks friendly.

"I welcome you, please do not be afraid, a great tragedy has befallen you, but I can offer you some guidance if you will permit me to."

Opening her arms, she motions for you all the move over to her, wishing to explain to you further what is happening.

"Your bodies won't last much longer, and I've called you here to ask a favor. I require Champions, but nobody in my world wishes to fight against the rising Darkness any more. I fear I have no sway within my realm, and I grow weak from lack of followers."

Swirling her arms out to one side, she shows you an image, a portal of sorts. A land is cast in shadows, with some army marching down a road. Behind it lays a scattered, sacked and ruined town, smoke rising from flaming buildings. You get a feeling this is common place. The scene changes to that of a forest, burnt to the ground, nothing but the smouldering husks of trees remain. A castle, once white as snow now seems covered in soot, and as you watch, the image zooms in until you see a masculine figure sitting on the throne. He wears a helmet to hide his features, but you feel intimidated just by glancing at him.

She casts the image away, and it disappears into the mist.

"If you could help me regain my power, but crushing this rising evil, and restoring Faith in the hearts of my followers, I might be able to restore your bodies, and give back your lives."

Folding her hands into her long sleeves, she waits, for questions, and your answers.

"Time will move at a fraction of your known speed, years on my mission will be but hours in your world. And I will see that your bodies are kept alive as long as I can, I cannot prolong them indefinitely. Choose quickly."
 
Danny looked at this woman that appeared from the mist, and heard her offer. He was in disbelief, but he weighed the choices. If it was real, than if he tookk the offer, he would live. If it wasnt real, than he would just die from the injuries, and go to Heaven or Hell. He made his choice. "I accept your offer." he told her. He waited to see what the others would say,hoping he wouldnt be alone on this one.
 
Dane quickly nodded, deciding to take the risk, as well as hoping it would help him figure out his own moral compass.
 
Sherman Nord

"You mean that down there I am dead, yet you can keep me alive long enough to have some outer body experience and perhaps get a chance to survive this ordeal?"

He glanced at the others,

"Well Danny and Dane have made their choice, but I want to know one thing. How on earth can I do any damage looking like...this?"

He motioned at his corporeal form.
 
Back
Top