Eclectic visual stuffs

LWulf

I am; gasoline, N matches
Joined
May 15, 2013
Posts
9,237
*Feel free to critique, comment or pass*

I do various visual stuffs... though you might have noticed that from the title... *cough*

Without further ado or gilding the lily any further, I present to you, for your edification and viewing pleasure, one time only, tax, tag and registration are additional, no batteries included, some assembly is required...


Yeah, so, anyhoo. I've been working on some 3D models and as always I tend to go overboard in details...

My latest project: 1938 Chevy Master (as soon as I cement the colors in, I'll provide full sized prints) One day maybe, I'll draw up a hot young lovely to stand in front of it, *wiggles eyebrows* ...or bent over it.
attachment.php


****​

You can also view some of my artwork for stories here

Emily trying out for the stage role in Reg's office
p_51ba488416111.png

I have to point out, aside from the stage lights and lamp next to the couch, all other textures and models were made by me with SketchUp and Daz3d


Outside the Bad Girl Bar
p_519dfb7f326e9.jpeg

All textures and models made by me, The image of woman/neon sign is a modified version of a french curve I own.
 

Attachments

  • sample iexterior small.png
    sample iexterior small.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 4
  • AUTO COLOR CHART SMALL.png
    AUTO COLOR CHART SMALL.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A little snafu with my regards to my posting any 3D pictures of my latest project. It seems my computer isn't big enough to handle all the details. So, instead of posting the whole thing in color, I've decided to do partials in sepia tones.


Also, please note, all the work I show are mostly my own models which I drew from my own head, or pictures as a reference (much like a painter uses a landscape as a reference to paint.
If I use any other artist's models then I note it properly.


Sadly it's very pixelated...
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • FRONT END.PNG
    FRONT END.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Drums ...rock steady
Bass ...keep it tight
Lead ...do it now

Hey! I thought I heard somebody say that dog ain't going home until he gets his bone...

I started remodeling the 38 Chevy to reduce some of it's size to see if I can get my computer to export an image. I thought it'd be neat to incorporate some remodeling and also add some fun into it with 2D ladies. In effect, I'm inviting you to "watch me work it."
Apologies for the scale of the image, which got walloped for some unknown reason...
attachment.php


Kudos to Devo for an inspiring music video.
Kudos to Reddi at 3D warehouse for the following 2D babes (modified here by moi):
Police woman
Nurse
Woman in towel
 

Attachments

  • watch us work it.png
    watch us work it.png
    100 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I like to visualize my dreams... and nightmares. Though "nightmare" isn't exactly the same word, for me, in meaning as it once did. I wake with a start, but my heart hardly races anymore.

In my dream, there was a creation moment for these little critters (no other better name for them). I can't visualize them any better; they were misshapen and irregular, though identical to each other.

Their body was block-like though rounded. Their heads were not round and their head was on a neck as one craned his neck to feed. They stood on pincers, like a crab, though their pincers were articulate in that they could move them in any direction, in fact, using them as arms so to speak. Their beaks were serrated. I don't remember them having eyes.

I mention that there was a "creation moment" but they weren't born or hatched. My dream-self was thinking "these are not babies." Yet they did grow when they fed.

One separated itself from the group, which was huddled together, and walked over to a "sea cucumber" which had affixed itself to a wall via a web at either end. The "sea cucumber" was worm-like and fatter in the center than at either end. The worm was about 3 sizes larger than the critters.

The critter used it's fore pincers and lifted the center of the worm up over it's head; spreading it out like pizza dough. it pushed it's maw into the flesh of the worm and ate it, voraciously eating flesh and blood alike.

In a detached way, my dream-self observed "so they are carnivorous." Which is when apparently, another of the group had crawled up behind me and started to bite at the back of my head, which is when I woke up, grabbing at the hair on the back of my head.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • dream 061816 small.png
    dream 061816 small.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This is from a thread about dreams:

In some dreams, I am just a spectator, not being recognized as being there.

There are these two guys I follow. They are climbing a mountain. They are talking about normal things that I can't recall exactly what they said. The gist is that they are working for someone and have to dig a tunnel. One mentions a legend that the locals talk about that there is a malevolent spirit that resides in the mountain. They laugh at such stuff as most people do.

attachment.php

On the face of the mountain, was a wide but narrow cliff. On it, they come across a cave that has a sandy floor. There isn't anything exceptional about that except that at the back of the cave is a roughly square hole in the ground. This rough hewn hole is cut in solid rock and the hole is filled with water. They walk up to the edge and peer down and it seems the hole (or well) continues forever. At the bottom of the well instead of an inky blackness, it instead glows greenish, in a semi-luminescent way. Down about 100 to 200 feet down, on one side is an adjacent hole with a brighter light emanating from there.

attachment.php


Being the providence of intelligent things to do, one of them picks up a stone off the floor and drops it into the water. It travels down slowly and in traveling down, it chance hits the side and makes a resonant sound. The light flares slightly and the stone vanishes. The other indicates a larger flat piece of flagstone and they both drop that in.

The stone floats down slowly, rocking like a pendulum; swaying to one side until vertical, going down and swaying to the other. On it's way down, it suddenly becomes animated like it is alive and angry. It moves quickly and smashes into the side of the well, and disappears. The light at the bottom of the well flares brightly and a deep banging sound similar to walking but not, grows louder. The hair on the backs of their necks rises and they decide without discussion to leave quickly.

In the mad dash for the outside, one of them doesn't remember that the cliff the cave was cut into was so narrow and runs out of the cave and off the cliff face. The other guy stops short crying out to his friend as he watches him plummet to his death.

He manages to climb down the mountain by himself and goes into town. This is something that is a providence of some of my dreams as it kind of fast-fowards. Details just simply become clear in an instant. He discovered that he has gone forward in time by about 100 years. He wants to go back to his own time, and reasons he has to go back to the well to do this.

He goes back and dives down into the well, not knowing how this will do anything positive. As he nears the adjacent hole in the well (100-200 feet down), he is nearly oxygen starved and in desperation thinks maybe there will be a cavity of air for him to get a breath and go back to the surface. It might be noteworthy that the dimensions and proportions of the adjacent hole are like a doorway, but larger by one and a half times, which is something he notices in passing.

He only sees the light as he swims towards this doorway, which also seems very crisply cut. As he passes the threshold of the doorway, he passes into an airtight chamber with a tiled floor and machines all around as he falls to the floor. There is a chair in front of a control panel to one side but the chair is larger by one and a half times normal. There is no one around and it seems more office or laboratory than dwelling.

...at this point I awoke breathing hard like I was scared, though the dream was more interesting than scary. I tried to force myself to go back to sleep to see what happens next, but couldn't.
I drew a couple of pictures of the well, to try to get it off my mind so I could relax and go back to sleep but I couldn't.
 

Attachments

  • dream 083012-2 small.png
    dream 083012-2 small.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 1
  • dream 083012-1small.png
    dream 083012-1small.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I had a parody idea that needed something to attach it to...

Image by me, drawn by me, original concept was originally made by others loooong ago.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • get your kicks on Lit 66 small.jpeg
    get your kicks on Lit 66 small.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
Just a quicky...

I made with Gimp, and mouse. Not a lot of freehand drawing... Starfield, Shadows, and intergalactic miasma account for most of it.
Gimp tools used:
Rectangle Select, Ellipse Select, Freehand Select, Fuzzy Select, Scale, Rotate, Flip, Text Tool, Bucket Fill, Blend Tool, Pencil, Paintbrush, Airbrush, Blur, Smudge
Filters used:
Blur>Motion Blur, Distort>Lens Distortion, Light and Shadow>Supernova & Lens Flare, Artistic>Oilify & GIMPressionist, Noise Hurl

Time expended: about 30 minutes

The scale and kb size restricted vibrant colors from coming to the surface for the gas giant.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • space-scene.jpg
    space-scene.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top