Free association thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A remembered or imagined feeling, emotion, idea, or sensation linked to a person, object, or idea.

Relate anything which comes into your mind, regardless of how apparently unimportant or potentially embarrassing the memory is.

Let's play...

I'll start--I associate rice with chicken stock, since chicken rice was my favorite dish when I was a kid.

Of course you do, Naoko. You hang out with us. :)

LOL :)

Just be careful when the nuts bolt.

Bolting nuts? I thought that was lettuces.
:rose:

When Piglet was a very tiny piglet, I made my mum buy her a toy builder's toolbox so that she would have some boy's toys among all the Cinderella hairdriers, pink dollies etc. Piglet came to me one day - she was so small she couldn't even talk - and indicated that she wished me to unscrew the nut off one of the large plastic bolts. As soon as I had done so she took the bolt and waved it round her lips like lipstick.

Ah well, my dears. I did try. It is not my fault if I get a beauty queen instead of a useful budding builder round the house. :rolleyes:

LOL :)

Bolting nuts? I thought that was lettuces.

When Piglet was a very tiny piglet, I made my mum buy her a toy builder's toolbox so that she would have some boy's toys among all the Cinderella hairdriers, pink dollies etc. Piglet came to me one day - she was so small she couldn't even talk - and indicated that she wished me to unscrew the nut off one of the large plastic bolts. As soon as I had done so she took the bolt and waved it round her lips like lipstick.

Ah well, my dears. I did try. It is not my fault if I get a beauty queen instead of a useful budding builder round the house. :rolleyes:

Now might be a good time to teach her the screwdriver, pliers and their application in the modern home.

Now might be a good time to teach her the screwdriver, pliers and their application in the modern home.

I know that a screwdriver is vodka and orange juice, HP. But pliers? That's not a cocktail I'm familiar with. :)

I know that a screwdriver is vodka and orange juice, HP. But pliers? That's not a cocktail I'm familiar with. :)

Ah, a very restricted circulation recipe, that.
I'm not authorised to give that out; I'm sure you understand. . . .
:)

Would that be Brazil, Hazel or Wall type nuts, dear ?

My wife likes a handful of Brazil nuts with her breakfast. Approaching Christmas the supermarkets sell Brazil nuts in larger packs, so we stock up because they are cheaper in bulk.

Association: the play Charley's Aunt (from Brazil where the nuts come from).

My wife likes a handful of Brazil nuts with her breakfast. Approaching Christmas the supermarkets sell Brazil nuts in larger packs, so we stock up because they are cheaper in bulk.

Association: the play Charley's Aunt (from Brazil where the nuts come from).

Auntie Mame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back