2014 Gunfight!

CharleyH

Curioser and curiouser
Anyone here confident enough about their poetry that they could outgun another poet in a 30 to 60 minute quick draw? I have my doubts. I've seen Tzara cower at the hands of Remec, and I've seen Annie cry at the thought of writing a Sestina.

Come one and all, if you dare. Two challengers and three judges are needed for a real time gun sling. Mwah hahaha! :devil:

One Judge, two judge and a couple of contestants to go!

Anyone here confident enough about their poetry that they could outgun another poet in a 30 to 60 minute quick draw? I have my doubts. I've seen Tzara cower at the hands of Remec, and I've seen Annie cry at the thought of writing a Sestina.

Come one and all, if you dare. Two challengers and three judges are needed for a real time gun sling. Mwah hahaha! :devil:
To set the record straight, I did not cower. Even to Remec, who can be quite cowerable. Cowerish. Coweringishly.

I might have cringed a bit. Maybe.

But that was probably because I had something in my eye.

Depending on when you set this up, I'll be a judge, if needed.

My name is General Public (I was a tribune in the Roman Army) and I get easily bored if I don't see gladiators tearing each other to bits.

excellent, charlie. this place needs a pick-up... :D

what day would you be talking about? i've next week off except tuesday, so could play then but not really before: i keep falling asleep having eaten dinner after work. :rolleyes:

if there are other contestants beforehand, even better :rose:

To set the record straight, I did not cower. Even to Remec, who can be quite cowerable. Cowerish. Coweringishly.

Yes, yes. My mistake. :D :rose:

60 minutes of not feeling underwater from sleepiness and ma po-a-tree head on . . . for me, a big difference :p

so who else is game?

If we can't get something together before the holiday season, then I suppose we can shoot for the start of the New Year. I'll just bump for now.

Lovely to see everyone again, by the way. It has been a while.

If we can't get something together before the holiday season, then I suppose we can shoot for the start of the New Year. I'll just bump for now.

Lovely to see everyone again, by the way. It has been a while.
great to see you posting, too, charley :cool:

imma thinkin' there bees sum chikkens heeyar *cluck cluck cluck*

Make them do a form ............... says she with glee :D

you can go off of people, you know.... :mad:

I'm willing to shoot again. Just tell me when...

The gunslinging competition isn't for everyone, but I'm so happy to see you signing up again, Remec. :kiss:

I think the Gunfight challenge can be a pulse-pumping thrill for participants, but also for the judges.

So, what we have now is one contestant (Remec), one possible contestant (Butters, so let's try to convince her to commit) and two judges, Lauren and Annie, who wants a form competition, but we'll see, we'll see. ;)

One more judge is required (and if we can't convince Butters, then we'll need another contestant).

P.S. to Butters: Haha, good thing we have mutual friend or I might not have caught your name change, but frankly I can't unsee the South Park character now. :kiss:

Also, no prob and next time, Todski!

Last edited:
What are the judges going to be looking for?

And what are the minimum requirements per bullet?

The gunslinging competition isn't for everyone, but I'm so happy to see you signing up again, Remec. :kiss:

I think the Gunfight challenge can be a pulse-pumping thrill for participants, but also for the judges.

So, what we have now is one contestant (Remec), one possible contestant (Butters, so let's try to convince her to commit) and two judges, Lauren and Annie, who wants a form competition, but we'll see, we'll see. ;)

One more judge is required (and if we can't convince Butters, then we'll need another contestant).

P.S. to Butters: Haha, good thing we have mutual friend or I might not have caught your name change, but frankly I can't unsee the South Park character now. :kiss:

Also, no prob and next time, Todski!
i'm free all this week except tuesday (work) and my thursday afternoon when i'll be out. happy to take part - and the visual of the character's not so far from the truth :D

Looks like you have a 3rd judge, Chuck... if T-zed can't participate due to time constraints, I should be able to throw an opinion in on some poemsies :)

I'm very sorry I shall have to back out. I'm not well, don't expect to be recovered for a while and feeling very sorry for myself. I'm most dreadfully sorry to let everyone down but although it's a physical thing my brain is foggy through painkillers and lack of sleep :(

I live in Harlem and work in the Bronx. I have no interest in guns whatsoever. That said, I'll submit my bubbling little intoxications to a panel of blinded taste testers any day of the week(though Tuesdays are not as good as others).

I'd fight Pelegrino, Magnetron or 12, but not on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are sacred.

Last edited:
what am i, chopped liver? :D

remec and i are ready but i guess thanksgiving's getting in the way

Gonna happen Butters, gonna happen. Annie is out as a judge, but Magnetron is in, and if we have Remec and Butters as Gunslingers, and Lauren and Mags (excuse the nickname, and judging is easy, you need only follow the rules outlined in the competition) as judges? Unless I missed something, we only need one more judge to begin.

I'll wait for Playcatch? Who might like to also be a judge, to confirm, before I solidify a date. :D

Last edited:
Back