Sex Toy Help.....I'm Lost

WonderPonder

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 28, 2015
Posts
625
Hello,
This is a how to find the right toy for my wife. I'm looking for help and advice from people with knowledge of toys for a woman.
I really want to spice things up in the bedroom with my wife. Personally I am not well endowed, so I'm looking at a few options.
I went on a couple of sex store websites and not sure which way to go.
Here are the categories. dongs and dildos, extensions and sleeves, strap ons and harnesses.
Which direction should I go? I admit I'm clueless with toys.
With a strap on I could give her a good screwing I guess.
Extensions and sleeves? Do they work?
Dildos is a good option more for her alone, so I'd be willing to get her one of those plus something I can use with her.
I read the other thread about sex toy smell. Neither of us would like that plastic smell so I'd be willing to pay more for something that doesn't smell. I don't really want to go with glass. Cleaning along with proper storage is a high priority.
This is going to be a Christmas present.
Yes, I'm confused so any help, suggestions or links to a product would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 
When getting started with toys, I'd recommend getting a variety of cheap toys, maybe from Amazon, rather than trying to pick out one perfect high-quality and high-price toy. Many fun (and safe) toys are under $15. A corded vibrating bullet can be used during penetrative sex for the pleasure of both partners. The high-end version of the same concept would be something like the We Vibe 4, but I've heard complaints that the motor in that series isn't powerful enough.
 
The toy that ended the fun of buying them for us was the hitachi magic wand.

My wife cums from it everytime, it's incredibly powerful and effective.

31SURqnjWCL._SY355_.jpg
 
Let her pick something out?
This^ In fact, find one of the more women-friendly/less seedy feeling websites
(I like Sh! and Love Honey) and invite her to browse with you, or even on her own...

If she hasn't got many/any sextoys right now, I'd suggest starting with a bullet: Less intimidating, quiet, easy to conceal (if that's a concern), can be used solo or as an extra, and can be tucked into underwear and tucked against the labia.

Very useful to relieve the pain of menstrual cramps and BTW some men also enjoy a bullet being held lightly against their more sensitive bits, so if she doesn't like it, it's still a win. :cool::D
 
Thanks for the replies.
What she would like is something to insert something with girth. She has a clit stimulating vibrator type thing already.
Possibly we could go together to look for something. I'd like something that I can use on her not necessarily a dildo. She can use that herself.
 
Hey WP!!
We bought a nice leather harness along with 3 dildos for it which can be used on their own. I can't remember what exactly it's made of, but it's medical grade with no smell/taste.

L:rose:
 
Mate, don't rule out a toy for a guy which is really for her even more:
A really well chosen steel ring for your whole junk that will give you your max girth and solidity and then more so. Take a look at the thread in my sig or pm me if you think that might make an exciting pressy for the both of you.
 
Vixen Mustang dildo. I have no less than than 20 toys and if I could only have one the Mustang would be the one.
 
This is a how to find the right toy for my wife. I'm looking for help and advice from people with knowledge of toys for a woman.
Women aren't all exactly the same so you need to find what she likes. The Hitachi Magic Wand suggested above, for example, was a hit with my prior partners but my wife doesn't care for it.

Dildos is a good option more for her alone, so I'd be willing to get her one of those plus something I can use with her.
You can use dildos with her as well. Don't be intimidated by them. As for material, go for a good quality silicone. Don't get toys with phthalates.
 
I know several women including my wife that are best friends with the Rabbit !
th.jpg


Not necessarily for penetration.
 
Surprisingly, YouTube has a whole section with sex toy reviews from various companies, and even some incredibly helpful, tastefully done how-to videos. They aren't super explicit as far as the models- no porn with people, but they can show dildoes and such.... I just watched several on vibrating cock rings!
 
Your

She is YOUR wife, don't expect people who do not know her to recommend something as personal as a sex toy for her.
Do your own work, or put as much effort in making love to your wife as you have on this site and you wont need someone else to tell you what YOUR wife needs!!!

Is that too harsh?
 
The Lelo Siri is one of my favorites. It's perfect when I'm alone but can also be great with someone else.
 
What don't you like about glass? I love my glass toy, no other slides like it does, no weird odors, no worries about what I use with it, I can heat it, cool it......the list goes on.

I think going in a store with her & letting her pick something out is the way to go. I've found most things cheaper online but I still like to see what I'm buying before I order it.

If I were to pick one toy it'd be a wand. My bodywand just shorted out & when I went to purchase another online I saw a lot of negative reviews other people had made stating that theirs had also. Not sure if I want to go with a Hitachi this time, I've heard they're not as powerful & unless something has changed you have to add a piece to it to regulate the speed.

The Rabbit someone mentioned was a bomb here. It did not hit the right spots & was more annoying than anything.

I also have a Lelo Siri & did not like having to push buttons to change speed/pulses.

***edited to ask***** had pictures shut off when I first posted but I now see the picture of the Hitachi. Is that an 'on/off' switch on it? or is it a speed switch?
 
Last edited:
Don't rule out using vibrators or dildos with her. They're not a replacement for your member, they come in shapes and textures that no natural members do. It's lot's of fun to experiment with them on her and watch her reactions, or to pleasure her in other ways while she uses them. Or to pleasure you; imagine her pleasing herself while giving you head, moaning and breathing hard around your shaft. An experience not to be missed!
 
What don't you like about glass? I love my glass toy, no other slides like it does, no weird odors, no worries about what I use with it, I can heat it, cool it......the list goes on.

I think going in a store with her & letting her pick something out is the way to go. I've found most things cheaper online but I still like to see what I'm buying before I order it.

If I were to pick one toy it'd be a wand. My bodywand just shorted out & when I went to purchase another online I saw a lot of negative reviews other people had made stating that theirs had also. Not sure if I want to go with a Hitachi this time, I've heard they're not as powerful & unless something has changed you have to add a piece to it to regulate the speed.

The Rabbit someone mentioned was a bomb here. It did not hit the right spots & was more annoying than anything.

I also have a Lelo Siri & did not like having to push buttons to change speed/pulses.

***edited to ask***** had pictures shut off when I first posted but I now see the picture of the Hitachi. Is that an 'on/off' switch on it? or is it a speed switch?

The wand has slow and fast speeds, the low is pretty powerful, the high is really really high.
 
Really, you should go shopping with her. The "nicer" stores aren't too intimidating, the staff can be very helpful. Toys for someone else would be really difficult to select! And I'm assuming she doesn't have any? I personally detest dildoes for myself- they're cold and just too intrusive, though I do like to use them on willing male partners! :devil: Give me a good quality vibratory any day. And the better brands of toys usually don't have any weird smells and better warranties. Maybe start with something less expensive, see what works, then put some money into a better quality toy. I rave over my Lelo, but it wasn't cheap!
 
Don't be intimidated by the Dildo.

I got a big red 8" as part of another video order. Thought well she will never want something this big. I left on a business trip right after I showed her the purchase. When I came home she showed me how much she likes that big dildo. What a great night, she rode the dildo and sucked me dry.
 
Back
Top