Seeking writers for D&D style modern day survival story

BigBubblehead

Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 11, 2014
Posts
287
The Story
  • One day while walking through Central Park in Manhattan, the world around you undergoes a unexplainable, magical transformation.
  • Faithful, playful dogs become fierce, hungry wolves; pigeons become diving, killer birds of prey; bicycles become horses; FedEx/UPS/USPS trucks become treasure troves; and people ... well, I'll save that for later.
Your character
  • You were a normal person until "The Unreal" began.
  • Now, however, you have magically "improved" in Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and/or Charisma, making you stronger, stealthier, smarter, and/or more influential.
The "Seer"
  • Paul Dent, my primary character, was at Ground Zero of The Unreal Event.
  • He is now able to "see" and understand things beyond human capability.
  • Unfortunately, the Event disabled him and -- while he can help you with your adventures -- he can't participate in them. You will proceed on your adventures with his knowledge and guidance ... but you will proceed alone.
The Goals
  • First: Survive!
    • Learn what dangers surround you.
    • Learn how to either avoid or fight them.
    • Learn what resources are available to you.
  • Second: Thrive!
    • Become a Hero: a Warrior, a Thief, a Magician, a Leader.
    • Establish a "castle", gather wealth, build an army, and more.
Google Street View
  • Our map will be provided by Google Street View (GSV), a feature of Google Maps.
  • GSV allows characters to see their world from ground level: from streets, bike paths, and specific points, as if they -- you, the writers -- were really there.
  • With GSV, your characters can move along a path and see what dangers, resources, and treasures may be there.
  • GSV is an internet link, for example this is where our story begins. From here:
    • You can pan left, right, up, and down to see 360 degrees.
    • You can move up or down the trail, move to a different trail or to a street.
    • You can zoom out of GSV and go to the normal overhead Google Maps view.
  • I am aware that some devices, particularly some phones, can't use GSV easily or at all. I don't know what to say except darn, too bad. You will need to be able to use GSV to participate in this role play.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top