Stuck

rd1234

Virgin
Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Posts
7
JUST WANT SOME GOOD ADVICE ABOUT A PROBLEM I HAVE. I HAVE ALL OF THESE STORIES FLOATING AROUND IN MY HEAD, BUT FOR SOME REASON I CAN NOT GET THEM DOWN ON PAPER, SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE ABOUT THIS, PLEASE RESPOND BACK. THANKS rd1234.
 
Here's some good advice: People aren't going to help you if you yell at them.
 
Here's some good advice: People aren't going to help you if you yell at them.

Right.

You're angering the CapsLock god. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Writing down your ideas and trying to get them in some kind of order would be a good start. There's a ton of good writing advice out there if you make even a half-hearted attempt at finding it.

Here - try this.
 
rd1234, Author's Hangout may even help you more than How To, too. Good luck.
 
JUST WANT SOME GOOD ADVICE ABOUT A PROBLEM I HAVE. I HAVE ALL OF THESE STORIES FLOATING AROUND IN MY HEAD, BUT FOR SOME REASON I CAN NOT GET THEM DOWN ON PAPER, SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE ABOUT THIS, PLEASE RESPOND BACK. THANKS rd1234.

Practice, practice, practice. Pick a story you think you can commit to, and just write. Doesn't matter whether it's good or bad, just get it out of your head. Afterwards you can go back and edit, but for a rough draft, just vomit it up.
 
I agree with picking one idea and just writing, good, bad or ugly.

Next to that, you could look up some exercises for writer's block and try them. Or, if you're not set on writing the stories all by yourself, you could head over to the Story Ideas forum and either find yourself someone to collaborate with or post your ideas for someone else to write up.
 
One thing that hepled me when I was younger was having an "assignment". When I was in a creative writing class in college we had to write something based on a few set parameters.

Also, if you were to enter Story Ideas and pick a thread at random and tell yourself (that as long as you're not disgusted by the topic being requested) that you'll construct a story based on that thread, you're halfway home.




(On a side note, after reading your "personal" were you told people to E-mail you for your business, if this turns into spam later on you can just ignore my post.)
 
sorry

sorry about that, was not meaning to anger anyone, thank you for the adivice
 
Back
Top