Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To... > HT Cafe

Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #1
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Long as God can grow it, my hair!

So now that I can't get that song "Hair" out of my head, talk to me, brains trust.

I just spent a small fortune going from my natural dark brunette to ash blonde. I figure my hair is now going to be quite damaged from that process so why not fuck it up some more? I kid... I hope not to and would like to throw the straightener away! So tell me has anyone done Keratin straightening? Pros/cons? Damage? Regrets? How long did it last? Any advice?

Old 05-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Guess that's a no! LOL

*echo echo echo*

Old 05-22-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
Saucyminx
High heels and attitude

Hi gorgeous! My former boss used to do it. It didn't seem to damage her hair. Her's was also lightened first, but it always looked smooth, shiny, and healthy. I think she went like every 2 months.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. -- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps. --Emo Philips

Don't think about it, just swallow. --my friend Eileen

She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn't sure who'd broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.
― Ann Brashares

My Johari window Snatched shamelessly from Bailadora and Fire Breeze, because why not?

Come on in--the smut is fine

Old 05-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
Aphro
Femme du monde

I've never done it, but a friend did. She loved the result, and said it lasted a long time, however it was very spendy. Not sure of the cost in Aus, but, hey, good hair is worth any cost!

My Theme Song

Time is
Too Slow for those who Wait,
Too Swift for those who Fear,
Too Long for those who Grieve,
Too Short for those who Rejoice;
But for those who Love,
Time is not.

~Henry Van Dyke

Old 05-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
BiAsianGirl
Really Experienced

Hi,

My hairdresser wants me to do mine... I have very long wavy hair, the issue is around my hairline I have lots of baby hair which are really curly and quite fluffy, that basically refuse to do much other than make my hair look a little messy and a like a little girl.

I refuse to be straightened though and he feels he can tone down / weaken the treatment to ensure I keep the waves.

If you have just gone from dark to light especially to ashy tones speak to the hairdresser first as you don't want any treatments to remove the tone of your new colour.

Good luck

Old 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #6
MistressMoira
Literotica Guru

I cut my very long hair a few months ago. Just below my shoulders now. Not sorry. However, I do want to give it a perm now.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #7
EyesonFlames
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
So now that I can't get that song "Hair" out of my head, talk to me, brains trust.

I just spent a small fortune going from my natural dark brunette to ash blonde. I figure my hair is now going to be quite damaged from that process so why not fuck it up some more? I kid... I hope not to and would like to throw the straightener away! So tell me has anyone done Keratin straightening? Pros/cons? Damage? Regrets? How long did it last? Any advice?
Keratin straightening could be a real thing... if it's done properly. Some people claim that using keratin stuff is harmful, but that's not true. You may check this article about it, you may even try doing the straightening at home by yourself.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:27 AM   #8
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Eat bullets so your hair will grow out in bangs.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:56 AM   #9
Januari
Loves Spam

My last hairdresser did it on her hair every three months and loved it but said to be leery of someone who is offering it at a much lower cost than the norm (like Groupons - if you have that). Her hair looked fantastic, but I don't know if she colored it. I would think if you gave it some time (like a couple weeks to a month), it should be alright if you're using a hair protectant spray with heat and using a deep conditioner occasionally. A good hairdresser shouldn't steer you wrong as they want you to come back for the long haul, not a quick fix.

A few years ago I went from my dishwater blond hair to platinum blond and it made my hair feel like straw. It ultimately became too much upkeep for me and I begged my hairdresser to color it back to its natural color after four or five months.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
MasterHornedGod
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiAsianGirl View Post
Hi,

My hairdresser wants me to do mine... I have very long wavy hair, the issue is around my hairline I have lots of baby hair which are really curly and quite fluffy, that basically refuse to do much other than make my hair look a little messy and a like a little girl.

I refuse to be straightened though and he feels he can tone down / weaken the treatment to ensure I keep the waves.

If you have just gone from dark to light especially to ashy tones speak to the hairdresser first as you don't want any treatments to remove the tone of your new colour.

Good luck
Please don't straighten your hair, or cut it!! Long wavy hair is sooooo attractive and seductive. So what if your baby hairs make you look like a little girl, little girls are adorable!!! If you want to look more mature/professional it's how you carry yourself and your attitude that will make the difference.
Just stating my preferences, Horned God
Creative, humorous, teasing, flirty, with a filthy mind and wicked fantasies. Many women think my deep bass voice is very sexy, and very Alpha. Looking for an ongoing online relationship of conversation about life, exchanging sexy scenarios, talking filthy, and exchanging sexy photos/videos.

I'm 59, with a fit outdoorsy body, very tall at 6'4", 225 lbs, with a mellow, commanding presence. I'm attached so if that's not your thing you now know upfront. The West Coast of Canada is where I live. My avatar/profile photos are actually me.
Horned God
hornedgod69@yahoo.ca