Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #4826
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets. Athens, Tx, Moscow, Tx, Paris, Tx. Travel Europe and never get out of the state.

As you can see, I escaped from the VA Clinic unscathed and with only a few new holes in me. The new Doc liked the numbers he saw on the blood work. For my age, I'm in pretty good shape. I asked compared to what and he ignored me. He is Chinese and a very nice guy but today was only his second day.

I had lunch at DQ. I decided not to go downtown to Long John's with all the rain going on. I may have sold another boat to a guy at the VA. I'll know more when the weather warms back up.

Fresh coffee for the afternooners.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #4827
sharingfantasies
Ratiocinator

Location: No longer with 14 million other people. In a cabin in the pines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets. Athens, Tx, Moscow, Tx, Paris, Tx. Travel Europe and never get out of the state.

As you can see, I escaped from the VA Clinic unscathed and with only a few new holes in me. The new Doc liked the numbers he saw on the blood work. For my age, I'm in pretty good shape. I asked compared to what and he ignored me. He is Chinese and a very nice guy but today was only his second day.

I had lunch at DQ. I decided not to go downtown to Long John's with all the rain going on. I may have sold another boat to a guy at the VA. I'll know more when the weather warms back up.

Fresh coffee for the afternooners.
Now that is a productive day.

Turns out I was an invigilator in the past.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #4828
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets.
Driving through: "So this is Mule Shoe, wasn't it?"

Quote:
I had lunch at DQ.
None of them around here, either, though I do miss the one in Bisbee, next to a big thrift shop. Fast food is rare up here in the mountains. Call ahead for a drive-through pizza, or snarf deli sandwiches at the local grocery; or hope the cook at the Chinese café is in a good mood, or that the redneck burger guys are sober. Canned chili is safer. And faster.

I was wrong about tracks on our snowed-in meadow. There's some treefall around the edges but not even wild turkeys have dared to venture across. A question arises: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?

Old 02-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #4829
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Driving through: "So this is Mule Shoe, wasn't it?"
A question arises: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?

They make a better target.
And talking of coffee . . . .

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 02-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #4830
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Driving through: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?
Tree rats - they’re impervious to virtually anything, even warfarin.

All my stories

My latest story: Up, Down and Away!

Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #4831
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarnishedPenny View Post
A well-place .22 seems to work fairly well, though

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #4832
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
I've lived in this house for over twenty years. I have a wild native pecan in the backyard. I've never got a pecan off that tree. The squirrels eat them before they are past the green stage. I probably kill 30 squirrels a year out of that tree with my .22 and I haven't even made a dent in the population.

Slow cooked in a pepper gravy, served on a bed of rice. They will make you slap your mama. I eat what i kill.

A large coffee for HP.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 02-19-2019, 06:24 PM   #4833
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru

People going Eeeew at the thought of squirrel have not considered what a chicken eats. My only grief with them (on my plate) is the pile of tiny bones one must navigate.

All my stories

Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #4834
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
I eat what i kill.
Kill what you eat. Eat what you kill. Too bad that's not a law of war.

(I think the Aztecs followed that rule. But it's hard to recruit defeated enemies if you eat them. That's why the Aztec empire didn't last -- lack of collaborators.)
_____

I tried walking 100 yards to the gravel road to see if any traffic had left tracks. I gave up one yard from the raw back porch with snow sliding down into my wellies (tall Wellington boots). I didn't feel like shoveling a path and the electric snowblower's cord is too short. I don't think we'll drive to the retinologist tomorrow, nor out for supplies before the weekend. No fresh milk or eggs. No squirrels to stew -- they're hiding.

Q: With how many syllables do you pronounce squirrel?

Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #4835
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
People going Eeeew at the thought of squirrel have not considered what a chicken eats. My only grief with them (on my plate) is the pile of tiny bones one must navigate.
Well, I've eaten curried snake, and grasshoppers (I think that's what they were - they were crunchy, anyhow) in peanut satay sauce. And water buffalo steak. Thanks Dad

And when my beloved parents took me to South Africa, we went to this restaurant in Johannesburg that served about 150 different kinds of game, so I did my best to sample them all and failed miserably. But I can say I have eaten hippo (it was like chewing a rubber eraser, my teeth bounced and bounced and in the end I just swallowed this chunk of hippo stuff in sauce. Giraffe. Kudu. Springbok. Elephant. Crocodile (and I have the certificate to prove it - "I ate him before he ate me"). Cape Buffalo. Mopane worms. Definitely a few more but I don't remember what they were.

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #4836
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:
I've lived in this house for over twenty years. I have a wild native pecan in the backyard. I've never got a pecan off that tree. The squirrels eat them before they are past the green stage. I probably kill 30 squirrels a year out of that tree with my .22 and I haven't even made a dent in the population.

Slow cooked in a pepper gravy, served on a bed of rice. They will make you slap your mama. I eat what i kill.

A large coffee for HP.
Squirrels are great eating. My wife's grandmother would fry them up like chicken and put them on a big platter. Mmmm good. With lots of greens and other farm fresh veggies and potatoes.

Every time we went down to Kentucky, the wife and I would go hunting squirrel.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #4837
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Well, I've eaten curried snake, and grasshoppers (I think that's what they were - they were crunchy, anyhow) in peanut satay sauce. And water buffalo steak. Thanks Dad

And when my beloved parents took me to South Africa, we went to this restaurant in Johannesburg that served about 150 different kinds of game, so I did my best to sample them all and failed miserably. But I can say I have eaten hippo (it was like chewing a rubber eraser, my teeth bounced and bounced and in the end I just swallowed this chunk of hippo stuff in sauce. Giraffe. Kudu. Springbok. Elephant. Crocodile (and I have the certificate to prove it - "I ate him before he ate me"). Cape Buffalo. Mopane worms. Definitely a few more but I don't remember what they were.
When I lived in Atlanta there was a restaurant that had all kinds of wild game meats. From alligator to Cape Buffalo. It wasn't cheap, but it was all good.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #4838
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
When I lived in Atlanta there was a restaurant that had all kinds of wild game meats. From alligator to Cape Buffalo. It wasn't cheap, but it was all good.
A guy sees a restaurant with signage of WE WILL COOK ANY ANIMAL IN THE WORLD. Tempted inside, he orders an elephant steak. The waiter hems, haws, and finally tells him, "So sorry, m'sieur, but for only one steak, we will not kill our elephant."

I haven't yet tried a roadkill café. Marmots would be on the menu here. Hmmm...

THE QUESTION AGAIN: How do you pronounce squirrel?

1 syllabble: skwurl
2 syllables: skwer-ell
3 syllables: sa-kwur-ell

Or elseways?

Last edited by Hypoxia : 02-19-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #4839
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
THE QUESTION AGAIN: How do you pronounce squirrel?

1 syllabble: skwurl
2 syllables: skwer-ell
3 syllables: sa-kwur-ell

Or elseways?
Here in Northern VA it’s pronounced skwurl, but we are currently struggling with our squirrel diplomacy because they keep eating the wiring harness’ of cars in my neighborhood. We’ve tried mothballs (it’s damn hard to get those little legs apart), wintergreen oil, store bought rodent pest spray, and a couple homegrown concoctions but they target a new car every couple days. So far 5 cars have been towed to the dealership for a $2,000 repair.

Most interesting food I’ve eaten is muktuk, and while the taste wasn’t anything to write home about, it was the consistency that was the most memorable. It reminded me of biting into a firm stick of butter, but one that tastes like mild sardines.

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-20-2019, 04:46 AM   #4840
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Good Morning world;
Whilst I have loads of admiration for anyone who can eat almost anything (muktuk may be an exception), I'll just stick to what I've managed in the past, thanks.

Time for a nice big coffee.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 02-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #4841
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru

I have eaten squirrel, deer, moose, bear, wild turkey. I have even eaten beaver. Both kinds.

Chapter Twenty Four online now!

Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #4842
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Good morning, Happy Hump Day.

Toast with blackberry jam, for breakfast. Fresh coffee for one and all.

mid 40's going up to mid 60's. Maybe some sun. Nothing much planned for the day so it really doesn't matter what the weather does.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #4843
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

It's the middle of the day round here, and we have +12C.
That's bloody amazing.

I need a coffee

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #4844
beachbum1958
Literotica Guru

Location: On the Côte d'Azure, midway btween Cannes and St Tropez, with the Mediterranean in front of my home, and a lagoon full of flamingos behind
Pass me a tall one, please Tex, Boss-Lady is still recuperating (she was in the pool last time I looked, so yeah, she looks infirm to me...) and I'm back to work today in the ER, and once again the catalogue of impossible injuries that can only be described as 'WTF...?' has unfurled in front of me; I think they've been saving them up for me, looks like just one won't be enough...

Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #4845
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Morning everyone. Chilly out.

Coffee, hot, thank you.

Y'all have a great day.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #4846
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
I have eaten squirrel, deer, moose, bear, wild turkey. I have even eaten beaver. Both kinds.
Yum! (The girly kind)

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #4847
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1958 View Post
Pass me a tall one, please Tex, Boss-Lady is still recuperating (she was in the pool last time I looked, so yeah, she looks infirm to me...) and I'm back to work today in the ER, and once again the catalogue of impossible injuries that can only be described as 'WTF...?' has unfurled in front of me; I think they've been saving them up for me, looks like just one won't be enough...
Good news. Pray pass on our best. Any idea of how long before she can return to work. (No doubt she’s ask you that once or a thousand times.)

Re ‘WTF’ in ER, the legendary Coke bottle aside, what’s been the most WTF problem you had to deal with in the ER?

All my stories

Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #4848
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Morning everyone. Chilly out.

Coffee, hot, thank you.

Y'all have a great day.
Yo. Frigid out. Snowed in. No escape. No medical appointment today. No trash pick-up. Pumas a couple miles away by the post office. But power is on. Whew.

Coffee when time is right -- later. Hard cider now, then back to bed. Nothing else to do. Caffeine would be like tethering a bicycle on a downslope.

Y'all stay out of any heavy weather. And watch for pumas.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #4849
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

The only cougars around here, hang out at the bar about a mile down the road. Usually on Tuesday nights for some reason. Maybe the steak dinner special that night.

Got a little writing done and a little research on an upcoming project.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 02-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #4850
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
The only cougars around here, hang out at the bar about a mile down the road. Usually on Tuesday nights for some reason. Maybe the steak dinner special that night.
Tube steak?

My current long-term project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday -- I swear.

Watch Me! is my entry in Literotica's Nude Day contest.

One Night in Gormaz is my offering for the "One Night in XXX" story event. It's an historical fantasy from Spanish history.