Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #4826
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,777
Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets. Athens, Tx, Moscow, Tx, Paris, Tx. Travel Europe and never get out of the state.

As you can see, I escaped from the VA Clinic unscathed and with only a few new holes in me. The new Doc liked the numbers he saw on the blood work. For my age, I'm in pretty good shape. I asked compared to what and he ignored me. He is Chinese and a very nice guy but today was only his second day.

I had lunch at DQ. I decided not to go downtown to Long John's with all the rain going on. I may have sold another boat to a guy at the VA. I'll know more when the weather warms back up.

Fresh coffee for the afternooners.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #4827
sharingfantasies
Ratiocinator
 
sharingfantasies's Avatar
 
sharingfantasies is offline
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: No longer with 14 million other people. In a cabin in the pines.
Posts: 19,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets. Athens, Tx, Moscow, Tx, Paris, Tx. Travel Europe and never get out of the state.

As you can see, I escaped from the VA Clinic unscathed and with only a few new holes in me. The new Doc liked the numbers he saw on the blood work. For my age, I'm in pretty good shape. I asked compared to what and he ignored me. He is Chinese and a very nice guy but today was only his second day.

I had lunch at DQ. I decided not to go downtown to Long John's with all the rain going on. I may have sold another boat to a guy at the VA. I'll know more when the weather warms back up.

Fresh coffee for the afternooners.
Now that is a productive day.
__________________
Take care

Turns out I was an invigilator in the past.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #4828
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television
 
Hypoxia's Avatar
 
Hypoxia is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Llareggub, just around the corner
Posts: 26,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Ah yes, Mule Shoe, Tx, You Been There, Tx where both city limit signs are on the same 4x4 post. About as small as a town gets.
Driving through: "So this is Mule Shoe, wasn't it?"

Quote:
I had lunch at DQ.
None of them around here, either, though I do miss the one in Bisbee, next to a big thrift shop. Fast food is rare up here in the mountains. Call ahead for a drive-through pizza, or snarf deli sandwiches at the local grocery; or hope the cook at the Chinese café is in a good mood, or that the redneck burger guys are sober. Canned chili is safer. And faster.

I was wrong about tracks on our snowed-in meadow. There's some treefall around the edges but not even wild turkeys have dared to venture across. A question arises: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #4829
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Driving through: "So this is Mule Shoe, wasn't it?"
.
A question arises: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?

They make a better target.
And talking of coffee . . . .
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #4830
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru
 
TarnishedPenny's Avatar
 
TarnishedPenny is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Driving through: If we feed squirrels coffee, will they run even faster?
Tree rats - they’re impervious to virtually anything, even warfarin.
__________________
.
Nuestra gloriosa tropa siga avanzando sin perder ni una sola palma de terreno! Spanish Civil War dispatch, For Whom the Bell Tolls


All my stories

My latest story: Up, Down and Away!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #4831
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarnishedPenny View Post
Tree rats - they’re impervious to virtually anything, even warfarin.
A well-place .22 seems to work fairly well, though
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #4832
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarnishedPenny View Post
Tree rats - they’re impervious to virtually anything, even warfarin.
I've lived in this house for over twenty years. I have a wild native pecan in the backyard. I've never got a pecan off that tree. The squirrels eat them before they are past the green stage. I probably kill 30 squirrels a year out of that tree with my .22 and I haven't even made a dent in the population.

Slow cooked in a pepper gravy, served on a bed of rice. They will make you slap your mama. I eat what i kill.

A large coffee for HP.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 06:24 PM   #4833
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru
 
TarnishedPenny's Avatar
 
TarnishedPenny is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,675
People going Eeeew at the thought of squirrel have not considered what a chicken eats. My only grief with them (on my plate) is the pile of tiny bones one must navigate.
__________________
.
Nuestra gloriosa tropa siga avanzando sin perder ni una sola palma de terreno! Spanish Civil War dispatch, For Whom the Bell Tolls


All my stories

My latest story: Up, Down and Away!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #4834
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television
 
Hypoxia's Avatar
 
Hypoxia is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Llareggub, just around the corner
Posts: 26,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
I eat what i kill.
Kill what you eat. Eat what you kill. Too bad that's not a law of war.

(I think the Aztecs followed that rule. But it's hard to recruit defeated enemies if you eat them. That's why the Aztec empire didn't last -- lack of collaborators.)
_____

I tried walking 100 yards to the gravel road to see if any traffic had left tracks. I gave up one yard from the raw back porch with snow sliding down into my wellies (tall Wellington boots). I didn't feel like shoveling a path and the electric snowblower's cord is too short. I don't think we'll drive to the retinologist tomorrow, nor out for supplies before the weekend. No fresh milk or eggs. No squirrels to stew -- they're hiding.

Q: With how many syllables do you pronounce squirrel?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #4835
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru
 
ChloeTzang's Avatar
 
ChloeTzang is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nope, ain't telling..., USA
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarnishedPenny View Post
People going Eeeew at the thought of squirrel have not considered what a chicken eats. My only grief with them (on my plate) is the pile of tiny bones one must navigate.
Well, I've eaten curried snake, and grasshoppers (I think that's what they were - they were crunchy, anyhow) in peanut satay sauce. And water buffalo steak. Thanks Dad

And when my beloved parents took me to South Africa, we went to this restaurant in Johannesburg that served about 150 different kinds of game, so I did my best to sample them all and failed miserably. But I can say I have eaten hippo (it was like chewing a rubber eraser, my teeth bounced and bounced and in the end I just swallowed this chunk of hippo stuff in sauce. Giraffe. Kudu. Springbok. Elephant. Crocodile (and I have the certificate to prove it - "I ate him before he ate me"). Cape Buffalo. Mopane worms. Definitely a few more but I don't remember what they were.
__________________
Chloe Tzang

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #4836
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 17,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
I've lived in this house for over twenty years. I have a wild native pecan in the backyard. I've never got a pecan off that tree. The squirrels eat them before they are past the green stage. I probably kill 30 squirrels a year out of that tree with my .22 and I haven't even made a dent in the population.

Slow cooked in a pepper gravy, served on a bed of rice. They will make you slap your mama. I eat what i kill.

A large coffee for HP.
Squirrels are great eating. My wife's grandmother would fry them up like chicken and put them on a big platter. Mmmm good. With lots of greens and other farm fresh veggies and potatoes.

Every time we went down to Kentucky, the wife and I would go hunting squirrel.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #4837
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 17,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Well, I've eaten curried snake, and grasshoppers (I think that's what they were - they were crunchy, anyhow) in peanut satay sauce. And water buffalo steak. Thanks Dad

And when my beloved parents took me to South Africa, we went to this restaurant in Johannesburg that served about 150 different kinds of game, so I did my best to sample them all and failed miserably. But I can say I have eaten hippo (it was like chewing a rubber eraser, my teeth bounced and bounced and in the end I just swallowed this chunk of hippo stuff in sauce. Giraffe. Kudu. Springbok. Elephant. Crocodile (and I have the certificate to prove it - "I ate him before he ate me"). Cape Buffalo. Mopane worms. Definitely a few more but I don't remember what they were.
When I lived in Atlanta there was a restaurant that had all kinds of wild game meats. From alligator to Cape Buffalo. It wasn't cheap, but it was all good.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #4838
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television
 
Hypoxia's Avatar
 
Hypoxia is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Llareggub, just around the corner
Posts: 26,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
When I lived in Atlanta there was a restaurant that had all kinds of wild game meats. From alligator to Cape Buffalo. It wasn't cheap, but it was all good.
A guy sees a restaurant with signage of WE WILL COOK ANY ANIMAL IN THE WORLD. Tempted inside, he orders an elephant steak. The waiter hems, haws, and finally tells him, "So sorry, m'sieur, but for only one steak, we will not kill our elephant."

I haven't yet tried a roadkill café. Marmots would be on the menu here. Hmmm...

THE QUESTION AGAIN: How do you pronounce squirrel?

1 syllabble: skwurl
2 syllables: skwer-ell
3 syllables: sa-kwur-ell

Or elseways?

Last edited by Hypoxia : 02-19-2019 at 11:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #4839
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced
 
JanusGoneAwry's Avatar
 
JanusGoneAwry is offline
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
THE QUESTION AGAIN: How do you pronounce squirrel?

1 syllabble: skwurl
2 syllables: skwer-ell
3 syllables: sa-kwur-ell

Or elseways?
Here in Northern VA it’s pronounced skwurl, but we are currently struggling with our squirrel diplomacy because they keep eating the wiring harness’ of cars in my neighborhood. We’ve tried mothballs (it’s damn hard to get those little legs apart), wintergreen oil, store bought rodent pest spray, and a couple homegrown concoctions but they target a new car every couple days. So far 5 cars have been towed to the dealership for a $2,000 repair.

Most interesting food I’ve eaten is muktuk, and while the taste wasn’t anything to write home about, it was the consistency that was the most memorable. It reminded me of biting into a firm stick of butter, but one that tastes like mild sardines.
__________________
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 04:46 AM   #4840
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64,006
Good Morning world;
Whilst I have loads of admiration for anyone who can eat almost anything (muktuk may be an exception), I'll just stick to what I've managed in the past, thanks.

Time for a nice big coffee.
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #4841
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru
 
MelissaBaby's Avatar
 
MelissaBaby is offline
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,035
I have eaten squirrel, deer, moose, bear, wild turkey. I have even eaten beaver. Both kinds.
__________________
https://imgur.com/iKnOpOM

Chapter Twenty Four online now!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #4842
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,777
Good morning, Happy Hump Day.

Toast with blackberry jam, for breakfast. Fresh coffee for one and all.

mid 40's going up to mid 60's. Maybe some sun. Nothing much planned for the day so it really doesn't matter what the weather does.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #4843
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64,006
It's the middle of the day round here, and we have +12C.
That's bloody amazing.

I need a coffee
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #4844
beachbum1958
Literotica Guru
 
beachbum1958 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Côte d'Azure, midway btween Cannes and St Tropez, with the Mediterranean in front of my home, and a lagoon full of flamingos behind
Posts: 826
Pass me a tall one, please Tex, Boss-Lady is still recuperating (she was in the pool last time I looked, so yeah, she looks infirm to me...) and I'm back to work today in the ER, and once again the catalogue of impossible injuries that can only be described as 'WTF...?' has unfurled in front of me; I think they've been saving them up for me, looks like just one won't be enough...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #4845
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 17,264
Morning everyone. Chilly out.

Coffee, hot, thank you.

Y'all have a great day.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #4846
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced
 
JanusGoneAwry's Avatar
 
JanusGoneAwry is offline
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
I have eaten squirrel, deer, moose, bear, wild turkey. I have even eaten beaver. Both kinds.
Yum! (The girly kind)
__________________
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #4847
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru
 
TarnishedPenny's Avatar
 
TarnishedPenny is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1958 View Post
Pass me a tall one, please Tex, Boss-Lady is still recuperating (she was in the pool last time I looked, so yeah, she looks infirm to me...) and I'm back to work today in the ER, and once again the catalogue of impossible injuries that can only be described as 'WTF...?' has unfurled in front of me; I think they've been saving them up for me, looks like just one won't be enough...
Good news. Pray pass on our best. Any idea of how long before she can return to work. (No doubt she’s ask you that once or a thousand times.)

Re ‘WTF’ in ER, the legendary Coke bottle aside, what’s been the most WTF problem you had to deal with in the ER?
__________________
.
Nuestra gloriosa tropa siga avanzando sin perder ni una sola palma de terreno! Spanish Civil War dispatch, For Whom the Bell Tolls


All my stories

My latest story: Up, Down and Away!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #4848
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television
 
Hypoxia's Avatar
 
Hypoxia is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Llareggub, just around the corner
Posts: 26,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Morning everyone. Chilly out.

Coffee, hot, thank you.

Y'all have a great day.
Yo. Frigid out. Snowed in. No escape. No medical appointment today. No trash pick-up. Pumas a couple miles away by the post office. But power is on. Whew.

Coffee when time is right -- later. Hard cider now, then back to bed. Nothing else to do. Caffeine would be like tethering a bicycle on a downslope.

Y'all stay out of any heavy weather. And watch for pumas.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #4849
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,777
The only cougars around here, hang out at the bar about a mile down the road. Usually on Tuesday nights for some reason. Maybe the steak dinner special that night.

Got a little writing done and a little research on an upcoming project.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #4850
NotWise
Snipe hunter
 
NotWise's Avatar
 
NotWise is offline
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: On the high desert
Posts: 6,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
The only cougars around here, hang out at the bar about a mile down the road. Usually on Tuesday nights for some reason. Maybe the steak dinner special that night.
Tube steak?
__________________
All my stories

My current long-term project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday -- I swear.

Watch Me! is my entry in Literotica's Nude Day contest.

One Night in Gormaz is my offering for the "One Night in XXX" story event. It's an historical fantasy from Spanish history.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.