Writing Challenge ~ September 2015 ~ Comments and Reviews

Britwitch

Classically curvy
WRITING CHALLENGE REVIEW THREAD ~ SEPTEMBER 2015​

Just a few little rules for this thread:-

• This thread is for comments and reviews only. Submissions go here!

• Please keep your comments focused on the pieces posted for the challenge running from 10th – 30th September 2015 only, this is not really intended to be a thread for conversation/flirting/mayhem and so on (Sorry to be a bore!). Writers should be able to find reviews/comments for their pieces without having to trawl through pages of banter (no matter how amusing/sexy it might be!) :)

Readers/Reviewers:- Please keep your comments and reviews polite and, wherever possible, positive. If you have constructive criticism or advice for writers please do give it but be polite about it! You don’t have to like everything you read but if you really don’t have anything nice to say about something then I would suggest you refrain from posting. And if all you want to say is you liked a piece and no more…that’s great too! We all know how writers like to be appreciated! ;)

Authors:- Please take constructive criticism as it is intended, as an attempt at improving possible flaws/problems/areas of confusion in your piece. They are not (hopefully!) personal attacks on you or your work.

• This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know new writers and potential partners, to exercise our writing brains, it’s not a competition, please keep that in mind!

• One more thing…suggestions for future prompts are very welcome and should be PM’d to me – Britwitch – as a link ideally. :)

Previous challenges and reviews can be found here.

Happy reading!

He'll Be With Me - BritWitch
Beautiful poem, I really felt the emotion in this. I actually had a few tears in my eyes as I finished... autumn is painful for me for a similar reason. My condolences, but also my admiration for a wonderful piece.

Untitled - RoyceConnors
It was like you brought the spirit of autumn to life here! Very nice :)

Blame Vail - fr33ks33k
Aaand this was just mean. Now I want a particular favourite takeout for dinner... :rolleyes: Well played-!

:catgrin:
Glad you guys enjoyed it. It just popped into my head immediately... I wonder where it came from? Perhaps being nostalgic for the Redwall series.

He'll Be With Me - BritWitch
Beautiful poem, I really felt the emotion in this. I actually had a few tears in my eyes as I finished... autumn is painful for me for a similar reason. My condolences, but also my admiration for a wonderful piece.

Thank you, very much! :rose:

Also...

Autumn Troops ~ Aluris

This was fantastic! :D Made me giggle like mad!

♡ As hoped for! Prompts are always a challenge for something different. I'll look forward to what next month brings, if there will be another one.

♡ As hoped for! Prompts are always a challenge for something different. I'll look forward to what next month brings, if there will be another one.

All being well there'll be a new challenge with new prompts at the start of October.

I've been running these challenges since 2011 I think :confused: and it's always awesome to see how many different ways different people can be inspired by them.

All being well there'll be a new challenge with new prompts at the start of October.

I've been running these challenges since 2011 I think :confused: and it's always awesome to see how many different ways different people can be inspired by them.

Oh, silly me... there's a link in the first post. I even looked at it the other day. I'm sorry!
That's a long time to be running prompts though, kudos. I bet there's been some gems over the last four years... I will cross my fingers that October is kind, and grants you the time.

Oh, silly me... there's a link in the first post. I even looked at it the other day. I'm sorry!
That's a long time to be running prompts though, kudos. I bet there's been some gems over the last four years... I will cross my fingers that October is kind, and grants you the time.

Thanks! I enjoy setting them up and as long as people want to take part, I'll continue to do them ;) without the writers though it'd just be me posting pretty pictures!

Last Christmas we had a special challenge with a new prompt and a new piece every day in December - kind of like a literary advent calendar. That was brilliant and I'm hoping we can do it again this year. :D

Last Christmas we had a special challenge with a new prompt and a new piece every day in December - kind of like a literary advent calendar. That was brilliant and I'm hoping we can do it again this year. :D

Now that is something I'll have to dig into the archives for! Did you plan them ahead of time or was it sometimes done on the day?
(Sorry if this is too off-topic, I can direct the questions elsewhere if there's somewhere better!)

Now that is something I'll have to dig into the archives for! Did you plan them ahead of time or was it sometimes done on the day?
(Sorry if this is too off-topic, I can direct the questions elsewhere if there's somewhere better!)

I put up all the prompts towards the end of November and people could 'bid' for the one(s) they wanted after a certain time and date to make sure everyone had had chance to see what was on offer.

People could bid for up to 3 prompts and each prompt had a specific day they would need to post on. It was fun! We only missed a few days and everything that was written was brilliant.

(And don't worry :D it's about the challenges so it's as on topic as anything that happens in these threads! ;) )

I put up all the prompts towards the end of November and people could 'bid' for the one(s) they wanted after a certain time and date to make sure everyone had had chance to see what was on offer.

People could bid for up to 3 prompts and each prompt had a specific day they would need to post on. It was fun! We only missed a few days and everything that was written was brilliant.

(And don't worry :D it's about the challenges so it's as on topic as anything that happens in these threads! ;) )

Ah! Oh, that's clever. Much better than ambushing people with a designated day, as fun as it may be to write furiously :rolleyes: (Perhaps I'm just more sadistic than I give myself credit for)

I'll have to try and think up some prompt ideas; unsure how much you need help, but thoughts for the bank maybe. Thank you for being so patient with my questions!

See, I would apologize for following up with this but I'm laughing too hard now.

Oh, now this is just awesome! Why are all the wondrous things always in the US of A?! Those lucky ducks.
I'm totally serious, I would fly over there just to Borg it up.
This really isn't helping with my pizza craving...

A quick kiss - Vail_Indigo
I think this is the definition of taking a prompt to heart, imagination-wise! Nice wording rhythm and... admirable use of the challenge. Genuinely impressed :D

Untitled - missmaddy
Another haiku lover! Lovely ♡ You summarised all the best things about autumn in just the right way.

Back