The last person to post here wins again . . .

You were kidding, right???

The party wouldn't. His campaign organization may have paid something for the enormous police presence. The city, the county, the state and at least two neighboring towns contributed security personnel and equipment.

I doubt there's any way to get his campaign to pay for damages even though what happened was completely predictable. Trump is on record saying some very demeaning things about hispanics and this state has a majority population of hispanics, who as a group are proud people.

The governor (who is an hispanic woman one generation out of Mexico) refuses to support Trump and did not attend. Her statement ahead of his arrival was to the effect of "I hope the protests don't get out of hand."

Everyone knew they would.

The party wouldn't. His campaign organization may have paid something for the enormous police presence. The city, the county, the state and at least two neighboring towns contributed security personnel and equipment.

I doubt there's any way to get his campaign to pay for damages even though what happened was completely predictable. Trump is on record saying some very demeaning things about hispanics and this state has a majority population of hispanics, who as a group are proud people.

The governor (who is an hispanic woman one generation out of Mexico) refuses to support Trump and did not attend. Her statement ahead of his arrival was to the effect of "I hope the protests don't get out of hand."

Everyone knew they would.

Free speech stops at yelling fire in a crowded hall. It's unfortunate that his rhetoric is remarkably and suspiciously close to that, and that he does not take responsibility for it.

Sitting and watching the sun set over a marina. Pino Grigio in my glass.

Sitting and watching the sun set over a marina. Pino Grigio in my glass.

You left the superior time zone? And you're enjoying it? How could that be?

Pino Grigio can be fun, but you can upgrade. My recent favorite white wine has been from Spain -- any Verdejo from Rueda; imagine a taste like fine Chablis but at 1/4 the price. For something more complex (and a little perfumed) have an Argentine Torrontes.

You left the superior time zone? And you're enjoying it? How could that be?

Pino Grigio can be fun, but you can upgrade. My recent favorite white wine has been from Spain -- any Verdejo from Rueda; imagine a taste like fine Chablis but at 1/4 the price. For something more complex (and a little perfumed) have an Argentine Torrontes.

Nope, same time zone; closer to the ocean. And, having 23 wineries within a half hour drive of my house I don't usually to further afield than that for wine. With the exception, of course, of Yellowtail Shiraz--and I only go as far as Sams Club for that.

My external hard drive has refused to start.
Interface problems, I suspect.
<DRAT>

He started with high-end furniture but has expanded into buying full estates.

So he just lets the hungry estates go unfulfilled?

Can anyone here direct me to a forum/thread where you can ask questions about the rating system and how it works?

So he just lets the hungry estates go unfulfilled?

Can anyone here direct me to a forum/thread where you can ask questions about the rating system and how it works?

Ask away.

By the way if this thread disappears don't think anything of it. Laurel is late in mothballing it. Just go to the new thread.

Ask away.

By the way if this thread disappears don't think anything of it. Laurel is late in mothballing it. Just go to the new thread.

AHA! Well if it goes away...I wanna be the last to post :)

P.S. I asked you answered...thanks again

I never win anything. I won an 82 pound pumpkin a few years ago by guessing its weight. It was lumpy and sad looking. But i dont win cool things!

I never win anything. I won an 82 pound pumpkin a few years ago by guessing its weight. It was lumpy and sad looking. But i dont win cool things!

I don't know how cool winning here is. The prize is usual getting to post again. And again, and again. ;)

Wow. What were you supposed to do with an 82-pound pumpkin? That doesn't sound as much like a prize as it does like a waste disposal problem.

Wow. What were you supposed to do with an 82-pound pumpkin? That doesn't sound as much like a prize as it does like a waste disposal problem.

I've won lots of things but not a pumpkin.

I've won lots of things but not a pumpkin.

I won tickets to a ballet a few years ago. I didn't want them, but my wife did. She claimed the tickets because she wanted to win something. The tickets were worth about $50. The show was half-way across the country, so it cost us another $1400 to go see it.

We would have gone anyway because my daughter was dancing a major role. If my wife hadn't taken the tickets then the dance company would have been $50 richer.

Hey now! There's some cheatin' going on and i don't mean a country song. My post #5000 on the old thread is now the #1 post here and Laurel took the #5000 post over there to close the thread. I call fowl. Yeah, I meant chicken, not the other type. :D

So Laurel wins again. :cool:

Yeah, I'm up way too early. It's still raining. That's what woke me up. No coffee, just Starburst jellybeans and diet 7up. A very strange thing for 2AM.

Back