Wine Club

delicious_man

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 27, 2017
Posts
554
The General Board Lounge has its own Beer Club. Now it's time for a Wine Club.

- Tell us about your favourite wines and what makes them so good.
- Are you a red, white or rose kind of person?
- What was the last wine you tried?
- What setting is best for wine - sharing a drink with friends, pairing a fine wine with a nice meal or enjoying a glass of an evening as you settle down with a good book?
- Pictures are welcome.
 
I’ll take a swing at this. I like all colors from all over. Particular favorites:

French white: Pouilly Fuisse
French red: Chateauneuf du Pape
American white: slightly oaked Chardonnay like Sonoma Cutrer
American red: big Napa Cab like Caymus
Italian red: Chianti Classico Reserva or a Super Tuscan like Tignanello

Wines paired with foods is my favorite way to consume the juice, although a glass and a sunset with a friend ain’t too bad either.
 
Love red - white gives me a headache.

The Claret by Francis Coppola
And Josh (Cab Sav)

Always trying new ones but those two are currently top of the list.
I usually have a glass with friends or while reading a good book.
 
I'm very much a red wine kind of man. I drink white occasionally (when I'm eating salad or seafood for example). However, I've never tasted a good rose. In fact I actively avoid rose wine. It's neither one thing nor the other.

My favourites tend to be full-bodied reds with depths of flavour that go on and on.
 
Red. Cabernet from anywhere or a Malbec from Argentina. The French Malbec or "cahors" is uncomfortably dry

You can almost always find something new and of good quality between $12 and $17
 
Red wine preferred but I’m open to trying anything new. Not a dessert wine fan.
 
I recently ordered a Pinot Noir from Au Bon Climat but it hasn’t been opened yet.
 
Red wine; Malbec, Bordeaux, Rioja mainly however I really enjoy Portuguese reds too I believe the region is Douro.

Also recently really started to enjoy orange wine.
 
I love the reds - Malbec, Shiraz, Pinot Noir. Meoimi Pinot Noir is probably one of my favorites when I don't mind splurging. Otherwise, I normally just pick whatever bottle I think is prettiest. (True story.)
 
Red wine - Pinotage. I love to just sit and enjoy a few glasses in peace without anyone near me trying to screw up my good karma.

White wine taps right on my gag reflex as it goes down.
 
Some of the big black box wines are pretty drinkable. And because of the vacuum packing you don’t have to drink the whole box in one night.
 
Some of the big black box wines are pretty drinkable. And because of the vacuum packing you don’t have to drink the whole box in one night.

Sometimes, the time and distance needs to be factored in to the wine equation. The box wines come in mylar bags that pack easily and are tear resistant. And, when you're done with the wine, that bladder becomes a nice little pillow. Great on long raft trips where bottles would be rather heavy to deal with.
 
I'm a sucker for Moscato wines, but Parducci is my favorite. Unfortunately it's not on the shelves that I can find. Malbec from Argentina is my favorite red. I've never had a rose or pink anything that I could get through.
 
The GB has some rough looking hombres tonight. The Beer Club bartender is always in the potty whenever I go in. I could use a shot of something, so wine will have to do.
 
We really need to start interviewing bartender applicants.

I have a license to bartend but I've never actually done it. was gonna but changed my mind at the last minute. It's still good, got about a year left on it. No desire to use it tho.
 
I like the sweet white one that starts with g.

My mom and I call it guhguhguhguhguh.

I could go for a glass of it about now.
 
Back
Top