The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Thanks. I wasn't planning on writing about it, other than to say that he never mentions the reason he has so much time to write his estranged wife: the statutory rape charge that put him in jail. Literally not more than that.

Then I think you should be fine. (You can actually do even more than LC said you could. I have at least one where the looks and talk start two years before the eighteenth birthday. The action doesn't start until then, but the intention and anticipation certainly start earlier--and there's no hiding the age.)

A quick research question: Can you usually tell by the penmanship if the writer is male or female? Is there such a thing as "writing like a girl"?

Well, dotting 'i's' with little hearts is a good start.

I don't think I'm into this contest this year. I've got one chapter of Horner Springs Institute in the bag and need to finish its predecessor so they move in chronological order. Earth Day to me is a great one for pregnancy fetish stories but I don't have an inkling of one right now.

voluptuary_manque, do you have any plans in the near future to return to your Midsummer Fest series? Been a while, but that was a nice one... (Not necessarily for the contest, just in general).

Laurel has posted the official rules for the contest.

I don't think I'll be entering this one -- just no ideas. But I did start another story, if I can just make myself take more time to work on it. Three pages. Amazing.

voluptuary_manque, do you have any plans in the near future to return to your Midsummer Fest series? Been a while, but that was a nice one... (Not necessarily for the contest, just in general).

I've got several events for Midsummerfest Chap 3. It will be a bit tragic (those horrible Death Loons, again) but with redemption and renewal. First I have to finish Chap 3 of Horner Springs Institute so I can post both it and Chap 4 which is pretty much finished.

I've just been reviewing my part completed Earth Day stories from previous years. Some of them are feasible. Others are WTF was I thinking of.

There are other incomplete stories that could be revised to be Earth Day stories. Or should I start a new one?

The longest incomplete one has only about a third of the plot written. While I can remember where I wanted the story to go, I stopped writing it because the characters weren't cooperating. They wanted a different story.

I'll have another look tomorrow. Today is childminding day and I only have a few minutes while the two year old is asleep. It isn't an auspicious day for starting a complex story because interruptions are inevitable.

But I hope to get at least one written...

Oggbashan, your screen name suggests a story to me. The Deluge would seem to have an easy Earth Day tie-in.

Although some interpretations say he was hanging off the back of the Ark. I hope he had a boogie board.

What a time to come back.

Obviously, the James Scouries jackass has continued and perhaps even grown since I was last here. If there was ever an avenue for the proliferation of anonymous bullshit, the Internet is it.

You know, I don't think I ever posted a story during the Earth Day contests. I may have had one or two that fit the bill, but did not post them during the requisite times. Maybe I should amend that.

Anyway, good luck to any and all who submit during a contest. It's a damn bumpy ride cushioned only if you don't check your submission list every day. ;)

Obviously, the James Scouries jackass has continued and perhaps even grown since I was last here. If there was ever an avenue for the proliferation of anonymous bullshit, the Internet is it.

Scouries seems to have been boxed in and gone stale since the beginning of the year. He still posts his nonsense, but only half-heartedly, and there aren't many who pay any attention to him.

You know, I don't think I ever posted a story during the Earth Day contests. I may have had one or two that fit the bill, but did not post them during the requisite times. Maybe I should amend that.

Anyway, good luck to any and all who submit during a contest. It's a damn bumpy ride cushioned only if you don't check your submission list every day. ;)

Hey Slyc, long time no see, so to speak.

Welcome back to the madhouse.

Check your submission list every day. :eek: Some around here wear out the refresh button every day. :D

Hey Slyc, long time no see, so to speak.

Welcome back to the madhouse.

Check your submission list every day. :eek: Some around here wear out the refresh button every day. :D

Funny you mention that, Tx. It surprised me how many new comments are on some of my stories. I've noticed some of the scores have dropped. I lost a few Hs. I suppose that's inevitable.

Thanks for the welcome.

A quick research question: Can you usually tell by the penmanship if the writer is male or female? Is there such a thing as "writing like a girl"?

Q1. No. Not if the writer is competent and well-read. Any references to pumpkin-size boobs is probably not advised if trying to write under a female pen name.

Q2. Yes. But most Authors' Hangout Ladies write like women. They don't do adorable ponies and improbable Disney-like princesses. Even a good little witch is seen to be an intelligent, understanding adult. :heart:

Last edited:
Q1. No. Not if the writer is competent and well-read. Any references to pumpkin-size boobs is probably not advised if trying to write under a female pen name.

Q2. Yes. But must Authors' Hangout Ladies write like women. They don't do adorable ponies and improbable Disney-like princesses. Even a good little witch is seen to be an intelligent, understanding adult. :heart:

Plus you have check to see if they are using a "Bic for her" pen. ;)

Plus you have check to see if they are using a "Bic for her" pen. ;)

If they are, they're probably writing like a girl...

An easier test is whether the author is a man writing like a boy, with unlikely descriptions of women's sexual characteristics.

My alt jeanne_d_artois caused some irritation if not anger when I revealed that jeanne was my alt. Apparently some readers had believed that jeanne was actually female and felt 'betrayed' that she wasn't.

Last edited:
image.php

OMG! oily is back!!!!

The guy who inspired tthe original Scouries thred...

the guy who won a Halloween Contest with only 25 votes. Who somehow just hit the minimum number at the last minute (adfter he'd done a suck up job on tthe QUENEN) The lowest vote total in the history of the LITEROTICA contests.....

the only themed contest winner in history with less reads than darkboys recent winner..

That oily...

I think we'd be better served if the broad he was shacked up with came back. She at least could write...

Don't you just love it when someone shows up that scouries hates worse than me and Dark combined. :D

And the reason for that hate. Scouries has never figured out that the best score wins. Not votes or views but score.

Now back to our regular scheduled thread already in progress. ;)

Welcome to the only real contest presently being shown in the AH.

Beware of fake contest.

Back