OOC: "The New World Order"

OregonWriter14

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Posts
148
NOTES:

  1. This is a work in process and not yet ready for writers.
  2. It has also undergone a transformation, as you can read about here.
  3. If you wish to join, read along, or simply keep an eye on the preps to get it up and running, feel free to subscribe.
  4. In the meantime, please don't post here.


OOC Links

Basic Plot & The Story So Far:

Nuclear Attack Targets: Including "Bomb Day" targets (28 Jan 2020) and March 2020 targets.
 
Last edited:
The Story So Far


Something to keep in mind: The following is what is known by the people of Ravenswood, the location of our story. There are more details to be known, but until they come out, this is all the characters -- and you, the writers -- know about the current National and Global situation.

2020:
  • January:
    • 28th:
      • During the President's State of the Union Address, a small yield nuclear weapon destroys much of Washington, DC.
      • Even before the mushroom cloud has fully taken shape, "The New World Order" -- a domestic terror group -- issues an internet declaration that, amongst other things, calls for the dissolution of the US's Federal and State Governments.
      • One hour later, 29 more nuclear blasts destroy cities and other strategic and/or symbolic targets within the US and across the globe. (List of targets.)
      • The Secretary of the Interior, Martin Greer -- the "Designated Successor" -- is sworn in as President of the United States.
      • Greer immediately declares a State of Emergency; declares nationwide Martial Law; activates all members of the Military's active and reserve forces; and orders all overseas Military units on alert.
    • 29th:
      • President Greer orders the return to the US of thousands of troops stationed abroad.
  • February:
    • 1st-15th: Five more nuclear blasts occur within the US (as well as more abroad) as the NWO's punishment for efforts by the Federal Government to rebuild and retain power. Five of the US's six largest cities are, for the most part, destroyed.
    • 15th: President Greer submits to the NWO's demands just minutes before another bomb is set to destroy New York City, the US's largest metropolitan area. He resigns as President and declares the United States Federal Government dissolved.
    • 24th: "The Black Cats" -- a military contractors unit from Atlantis Protective Services (APS) -- arrives at Ravenswood, a small town located on an island in the middle of the Willamette River, between the state's capital of Salem and the State's largest City of Portland.
    • And our role play starts there.
Role Playing Characters and Situations: The story will focus on four major areas:
  • The changing relationships between Ravenswood's residents as their world changes -- and sometimes collapses -- about them.
  • The new relationships -- good and bad -- between the residents and the Contractors.
  • The changing world of Ravenswood itself, as the residents and contractors learn to survive with what they have -- and don't have -- available to them.
  • And the changing world beyond Ravenswood, which will occasionally provide a twist to liven up the story.
 
Last edited:
Cast of Characters

Characters

  • "The Blackcats" (Atlantis Protective Services)
    • Henry "Hank" Williams: Unit Commander.
    • Walter "Wally" Travis: Rookie member (and former resident of Ravenswood)
    • Palmer: Sniper
    • Available: 25 others (22 males, 3 females)
  • Residents of Ravenswood:
    • Martin Parker: Mayor
    • Fred Peterson: Owner/Operator, "Peterson's Hardware"
    • Bear: Martin Parker's neighbor's 12 year old black Labrador
 
Last edited:
Henry "Hank" Winston

tumblr_n9lcjvDAto1thhrwho1_400.jpg


PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 195, fit.
  • Hair color: Brunette, with goatee/door knocker beard
  • Eye color: Blue
  • Distinguishing Marks, limps, etc.: multiple "battle" scars (to be described later); and a slight limp on the right if he stands in place too long.

AGE: 44 (born 1 May 1976)

PLACE IN THE STORY: Commander, APS Unit (Ravenswood)

SECTION 2​

ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:
  • Early life:
    • 1 May 1976: Born in Lincoln City, Oregon.
    • Learned to hunt from a young age.
    • More to come.
  • Adult life:
    • 1994: Joined the US Army at 18.
    • 1998: His marksmanship and leadership skills got him into Special Forces.
    • 2001: In response to 9-11, went to Afghanistan. Worked several "black ops" missions.
    • 2005: After taking a bullet through the neck during a botched mission, he decided that he should be making a lot more money for this level of danger.
    • 2006: After recuperating, he petitioned for a discharge and was immediately hired by Atlantis Protective Services, a military contractor.
    • 2007: Went to Iraq as part of a Protection Detail for US Diplomats.
    • 2012: Transferred to Afghanistan (doing essentially the same job).
    • 2015: Continued working in Afghanistan after the US withdrawal, this time protecting upper level Afghani government officials.
    • 2017: With the American involvement in Iran bogging down, he was transferred to Tehran to protect American Diplomats there.
    • 2019: With American defeat on the horizon, he came home in January to become an APS trainer.
    • 2020: Returned to the field a few weeks after "Bomb Day", taking an APS unit to a small town near the Minnesota (US)-Manitoba (CA) border to protect a hospital that was serving several high level American Bureaucrats and their families. When it was obvious that they were wasting their time there, he withdrew the Unit to the small home town of one of his men, the river island town of Ravenswood.
SEXUAL ROLE PLAY:
  • Yes, he will be involved in sexual role play.
  • He can be kind or cruel: depends on the woman and the situation.
  • I do not write sex scenes in the Primary IC Thread. I create a separate thread and link it into the Primary's time line as appropriate.
 
Last edited:
Nuclear Attack Targets

The following 24 US Cities were destroyed by nuclear blasts on 28 January 2020. (The number preceding them is their national population ranking):
15. Columbus, Ohio (pop 738,782)
17. Memphis, Tennessee (pop 680,515)
18. Baltimore, Maryland (pop 640,064)
19. Charlotte, North Carolina (pop 634,059)
20. Fort Worth, Texas (pop 622,311)
24. Washington, District of Columbia (pop 582,049)
27. Denver, Colorado (pop 561,323)
30. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (pop 532,006)
33. Atlanta, Georgia (pop 483,108)
35. Kansas City, Missouri (pop 463,985)
39. Sacramento, California (pop 448,842)
42. Omaha, Nebraska (pop 432,148)
43. Colorado Springs, Colorado (pop 393,795)
50. Wichita, Kansas (pop 354,524)
54. Cincinnati, Ohio (pop 331,310)
57. Toledo, Ohio (pop 316,970)
58. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (pop 316,206)
68. Newark, New Jersey (pop 276,200)
73. Lincoln, Nebraska (pop 242,009)
74. Norfolk, Virginia (pop 237,487)
78. Birmingham, Alabama (pop 232,137)
79. Henderson, Nevada (pop 231,787)
85. Chesapeake, Virginia (pop 216,570)
89. Akron, Ohio (pop 210,527)

These US Cities were destroyed by nuclear blasts during the first 2 weeks of March 2020 in the NWO's quest to force the dissolution of the US Federal Government. (They are also preceded by their national population ranking):

2. Los Angeles, California (pop 3,794,640)
3. Chicago, Illinois (pop 2,824,584)
9. Dallas, Texas (pop 1,246,185)
12. Indianapolis, Indiana (pop 789,250)
14. San Francisco, California (pop 777,660)

New York City, the most populous city in the nation, is spared when President Greer gives in to the NWO's demands and begins the "dismantling" of the Federal Government.​

In addition to the American cities destroyed, the following were also destroyed either on that day or in the weeks to come:

12 strategic or symbolic targets within the US, including military bases, dams, transportation hubs, and power sources.

8 strategic or symbolic targets outside of the US, including the main lock areas of the Panama and Suez Canals.

12 cities in "friendly countries", including London, Ottawa, Paris, and Berlin.

And 18 capitals, large cities, and significant military bases in "unfriendly" countries, including Beijing, Pyongyang, Moscow, and Tehran.​
 
Last edited:
Ravenswood

Location: 50 miles from the Minnesota-Manitoba border, south-by-southeast of Winnipeg.

Physical Description of Ravenswood Island:
  • And "eye" shaped island surrounded by the Greer River on the west and the Ravenswood Slough on the east.
    • The Greer River is 200 yards wide, 25 feet at its deepest, and fast flowing.
    • The Ravenswood Slough had a narrow, swift moving channel that cuts through slow moving or still wetlands and bogs.
    • It is dangerous to swim either channel as the plateau of Ravenswood rises out of the waters from nearly sheer cliffs.
  • 1.5 miles long by .5 miles wide, max (average width is .3 miles).
  • "Eye" shaped.
  • Bedrock, not sedimentary stone.
  • 20-40 foot cliffs all about, except at the south/downstream end, where a 1920's collapse left a massive rubble pile from which some fish.
  • Of the 300 acres on the island's plateau:
    • 150 are residential.
    • 100 are retail/commercial/industrial.
    • 50 are park or other greenway (with 30 of that being Memorial Park at the south end of the plateau).

Population:
  • Prior to Bomb Day: 520.
  • 4 March 2020 (RP start): 300 (give or take)
  • Currently (5 March 2020): 327 (including the Blackcats).

Businesses:
  • Peterson's Hardware Store.
  • Ravenswood Feed & Seed.
  • Mollie's Bar & Grill.
  • Ravenswood Grocery.
  • The Corner Market (a convenience store and gas station).
  • Ralph's Gifts & Drugs.

Community Organizations:
  • The Moose Lodge (including a shooting range).
  • Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
  • The Sewing Bee.
 
The New World Order's
List of Demands:
28 January 2020 (Bomb Day)

Just minutes after the first nuke exploded, destroying much of Washington DC and killing most of the US's national leaders, "The New World Order" -- which was on the FBI's and CIA's radars as a domestic terror group -- made the following demands in an internet message:
  • That the US Federal and State Governments were to be dissolved and play no further part in the lives of those people residing within the "former United States of America.
  • That Counties, based upon currently drawn lines, were to be the new governing force within the United States.
  • That any portion of a County or any City within a County that wanted to split off could do so, becoming its own governing entity.
  • That partisan politics were to come to an end.
  • That any nation that showed aggression to or took advantage of the former US due to its new situation would suffer a similar fate.
Ten minutes after the message was posted, bombs began exploding throughout the US and across the world.

(I am not totally done with this, but this is enough for now.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top