The restorative tea thread.

Next time up to the cabin, I need to chop some chaga off a birch for a friend.

i'm about to ice down a large batch of green tea. no sugar. i like my tea unsweet.

i've a dinky little jemima puddleduck tin filled with a very fragrant earl grey *donates it to thread* i like the aroma better than the flavour more often than not but this one i have hopes for.

I have a box of red velvet tea that I'm on the fence about. One bag is not so wonderful, the next is great...definitely a conundrum.

i've a dinky little jemima puddleduck tin filled with a very fragrant earl grey *donates it to thread* i like the aroma better than the flavour more often than not but this one i have hopes for.

I agree completely, butters - too often Earl Grey is cheap tea dust masked with overly strong, synthetic bergamot flavouring. Teapigs do a decent one with whole leaf Darjeeling and real bergamot, but there are plenty of other good ones - I hope yours does you proud.

Iced tea is like iced roast beef. It's technically possible, but why on earth would you want to?

I agree completely, butters - too often Earl Grey is cheap tea dust masked with overly strong, synthetic bergamot flavouring. Teapigs do a decent one with whole leaf Darjeeling and real bergamot, but there are plenty of other good ones - I hope yours does you proud.

Iced tea is like iced roast beef. It's technically possible, but why on earth would you want to?

you've obviously never tasted the tap water around these parts.

and the macaroons look like nat shermans. i want coffee or sugar or booze or bread. not even cock is appealing right now. unless it's got bread bowl balls, a chocolate dick and whisky cum. this is probably a time tea should be drank.
drunk.
drink.
things just got redneck in here.

and the macaroons look like nat shermans. i want coffee or sugar or booze or bread. not even cock is appealing right now. unless it's got bread bowl balls, a chocolate dick and whisky cum. this is probably a time tea should be drank.
drunk.
drink.

It was always bound to happen in a tea thread. Those rednecks sure love their tea. It's only uptight Bostonians who have a problem with it.

Er...yeehaw! I think.

drunk.
drink.

Say "bread bowl balls" five times fast! I just tried, and I can't do it.

10906198_1150360011660117_8962209970754370202_n.jpg

Inspired by dolf and butters: for all those wishing to recover from last night gently and traditionally. Here be crumpets and muffins, lashings of home-churned butter and honey from our own bees. Here the open inglenook fire flickers against the mellow brick, and mocks the howling wind. Here is soft music, warm blankets and fine, fine tea.

Coffee is also available, of course, for our heathen American friends. :)

Come one, come all. But please keep your voices low...

Des, you are a lovely man. I am American Indian and I did not recover gently and traditionally...

I almost drowned in my tea pee.

yep, it's true, this redneck loves tea!
I drink it ice cold with sugar and lemon.
I drink it hot with sugar and milk.
I do not like it green, I like it black.
Libsam, I am.

Yesterday I had to go to the doctor. Last night I fixed a hot cup of Earl Gra/ey and tossed in a cinnamon stick, so technically that's Chai? With milk and sugar. I think I'll go make another now.

people are pissing me off and I'm about to crack some skulls! :mad:

I need some tea. :(

hm...chai sounds good...*rummages in cupboard*

now for a biscuit.

graham crackers work in a pinch, right?

*plops in chair. sips tea. noms cracker.*

better.

Back