Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 07-16-2015, 11:52 PM   #1701
Lovely2222
Literotica Guru

You folks.... I admire you. I just do.

Survive.....

Fuck cancer!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:57 PM   #1702
desertslave
Amateur Painslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslady View Post
Hi all. It's been a long time since I've written anything about my fight.

This is my third battle with the cell fucker and I will say it has without a doubt been the hardest, most difficult test of my life. We decided that the only course of action for me would be extremely aggressive treatment. In other words, my very own private hell on earth. I sometime wondered if I made the right choice in fighting again.

Right now I'm doing ok. Better than I have felt in a long while. This is mainly because we are taking a break from treatment while my body heals from the surgery. If I keep improving they are going to remove the J tube, I'm only taking nutrients from it at night now. I'm hoping to never see that sucker again. I've even starting to cook again

I do have an amazing supportive man in my life. So different from the last time. Don't know how I would manage without C in my world.

Positive thoughts and prayers to all.

Magnificent news! Sending you lots of healing vibes.

Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a treat! ~~Joanne Woodward

Please enjoy my stories

Old 07-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #1703
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niam1985 View Post
Thank you for deciding to post that. It struck many chords for me.
I also think about mourning clothes...black to purple to grey...look, darkness is lifting off of me, my grief is just a shadow, a cloud following me, but hopefully no longer weighing me down.
I wish it still was a tradition.

Im very sorry for your loss.
Thank you, Niam and I hope your cloud lifts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seela View Post
Thank you for sharing, K. You always write so beautifully.

Even though my mother is very much alive, I can relate. I feel like I'm not doing being worried right and sometimes feel a little guilty for continuing finding things that make me happy and smile, while my sister is (still) crushed by the news of mom's cancer.
I'm happy if I helped, Seela.

That's one of the things about death and illness that no one really explains: life goes on. We're not robots with an off switch. We can grieve and still feel joy and laugh and love. And so we feel guilty because we've been trained to believe it's wrong or selfish.

It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit View Post
I've just read this...and now I can hardly see to type... my face is soaked in tears...and I thank you for sharing this....it is SO very accurate...
Thank you, Moonlit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseclynn View Post
thank you Kerion...this piece of writing is right on and speaks to my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_of_Eden View Post

Dedicated to Keroin and Kelly

If you only knew.

If you only knew how true your words are to others.
If you only knew how they reach out and touch us.
If you only knew the feelings they stir,
the memories they bring back,
the tears they release.

If you only knew how they pull at our hearts.
If you only knew how they release some of the pain.
If you only knew the wounds they open,
the healing they allow to occur,
the scabs they help to form.

You would never second guess your need to post them.
You would never refer to them as 'trite'.
You would never feel doubt in your mind, heart, or soul.

If you only knew how much your words speak to others,
how much they speak for others,
how much they mean to others,
how much they affect and effect.

If you only knew~!

Thank you for having them, writing them, and most of all for sharing them! Apple

Today a friend received Wonderful news and I am overjoyed for him.
Today is also the anniversary of the death of a dear friend's wife.
Today you made me cry for both of them and for everyone I've grieved for recently and in the past.
Today, I thank you for reminding me.....it's okay to grieve.

...and one last thing...You reminded me there is no time limit on grief, no overflow level that says you've met your quota. Today, I shed tears that are eight years old and still as fresh as yesterday!
fyc!
That was beautiful, Apple. If I did any of that, I'm happy.

No, there is no limit on grief. None at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
Tonight I got my mother to say aloud, "Fuck you, cancer! I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Huge.
That. Is. Awesome. (((((hugs)))))

Love to all who are struggling, grieving, fighting or just breathing.

I think of my sister every day. The grief hits at the weirdest times. Life indeed goes on but there's a hole where she should be.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #1704
GoAztecs
Enjoying the sun

Went to the doctor on Friday. The chemo that I had has really damaged my lungs which is very frustrating. The doctor thought the presadone would cure it but it hasn't. I cough a lot now and struggle for air anytime I exert myself which is tough for me since I was so active before cancer. Now more pills, more waiting. Hopefully the lungs will just heal on their own. You get in remission and you think the end is near, then new issues rise up

Fuck you cancer

Old 07-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #1705
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Tonight I got my mother to say aloud, "Fuck you, cancer! I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Huge.
Atta Girl! That is cool!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 AM   #1706
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslady View Post
Hi all. It's been a long time since I've written anything about my fight.

This is my third battle with the cell fucker and I will say it has without a doubt been the hardest, most difficult test of my life. We decided that the only course of action for me would be extremely aggressive treatment. In other words, my very own private hell on earth. I sometime wondered if I made the right choice in fighting again.

Right now I'm doing ok. Better than I have felt in a long while. This is mainly because we are taking a break from treatment while my body heals from the surgery. If I keep improving they are going to remove the J tube, I'm only taking nutrients from it at night now. I'm hoping to never see that sucker again. I've even starting to cook again

I do have an amazing supportive man in my life. So different from the last time. Don't know how I would manage without C in my world.

Positive thoughts and prayers to all.

Thoughts and prayers to you too!!!

Old 07-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #1707
gypsy*seer
Canary in a coal mine

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotluvsoral View Post
Atta Girl! That is cool!
Thank you, scot!
Sometimes something SO small is SO big - and the one thing you have to hang your hat on, so to speak!

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 07-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #1708
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Thank you, scot!
Sometimes something SO small is SO big - and the one thing you have to hang your hat on, so to speak!

THAT is SOOO true! Fuck You Cancer!!

Old 08-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #1709
ears1980
What's up, Doc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears1980 View Post
Thank you for posting this, redslady.

I have a friend recently diagnosed with cancer; I've seen the dramatic changes in just a few short weeks, and wonder if my time with him is going to be measured in weeks. I try to keep things normal for him, as normal as possible in what for him is a surreal situation and anything but normal. Not everybody understands - but I have to laugh to keep from crying, and I hope that a little laughter can give him a moment's respite from the battle.

FYC, indeed.
An update: my friend completed his chemo and radiation. As expected, he was a shell of himself, but began to recover, to regain the vitality that had been diverted to fight his invader.

His Petscan results came back - and he is cancer-free.

That particular Sword of Damocles will hang over him the rest of his life, but for now - he can focus on that life. Although the war continues, the battle has been won, and for that I feel a gratitude no words can express.

Thank you all for your thoughts of strength, and I hope you get to experience the joy I felt when I heard my friend's news.

FYC.

Old Today, 08:44 AM   #1710
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears1980 View Post
An update: my friend completed his chemo and radiation. As expected, he was a shell of himself, but began to recover, to regain the vitality that had been diverted to fight his invader.

His Petscan results came back - and he is cancer-free.

That particular Sword of Damocles will hang over him the rest of his life, but for now - he can focus on that life. Although the war continues, the battle has been won, and for that I feel a gratitude no words can express.

Thank you all for your thoughts of strength, and I hope you get to experience the joy I felt when I heard my friend's news.

FYC.

Congratulations to your friend and to you!!! Fuck You Cancer!!!