Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > GLBT Chatter

View Poll Results: Should Lit add a bisexual story category?
Yes! a Bisexual category for MMF and FFM! 151 59.45%
Yes! TWO categories, one for MMF and one for FFM! 83 32.68%
Naw, Lit is just fine as is. 20 7.87%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #176
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,684
You're not a parasitic drone here just because you say you aren't? And you have stories under another account just because you say you do? I think not. The advertising that pays for your 53,000 posts of fun here on the forum is all on the story side of the house and is there because authors are providing the product that attracts the advertisers (going back to the original point). You have nothing on the story side and you've been living off the contributions of others for nine years. That's pretty much what a parasitic drone is. Own it.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #177
larrycando
Literotica Guru
 
larrycando is offline
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
I've already expressed my opinion on the topic itself.
Are you one of the 90% who wish to have a bi-sexual section (by the poll at the top of this thread?) Or are you here to dribble out your distaste for heterosexual men who happen to have an attraction for the same sex as well? Do you engage in a little gay bashing when you can do it anonymously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
How am I "honor[ing]" anyone with my presence?
By posting your dribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
Zero. That's the point. For someone who is getting content for free you seem to have quite the air of entitlement about you.
Are you one of those who wanted the UNHUMAN section?
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #178
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 32,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycando View Post
It makes no sense to me.

One one end, we have Gay and Lesbian with each of their own section.

Then several straight sections.

Then we have:

Transsexuals & Crossdressers - Erotic tales of gender bending fun.

How about the NON HUMAN section? wow.

AND NO BI SEX section. As I said, a closed mind in an forum that promotes itself as an open minded forum.

How about just creating it and see how many stories and people end up reading in the postings? They might be surprised how many people would find gender bending an erotic subject. Just the idea, makes my pointer go on point.

I know.... preaching to an empty audience. No one that matters reads this thread. They just want to ignore their customers requests. That is why sites such as Bisexual (dot) com are on the rise and healthy....
But yet "Mind control" has a category....

Has anyone read mind control? The entire category is filled with stories of women(mostly) who end up under the control of some guy and forced to do humiliating degrading sexual acts.

In other words its the definition of a story that works in non con/reluctance yet it has its own category and apparently a bi category is "oh, no"

In a sense I feel a little out of place posting here as I am not bi, not into reading it and would never write or read in the category. But on the other side I am part of this site and feel people should get to read what they want and in as specific a category as possible so the readers/authors can find each other in a place 'just for them'

A few years ago the site may have listened, but these days to say the site is apathetic is giving it credit.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #179
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 32,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I don't see the problem at all in instituting two bi sections: FFM and MMF, which, I think would take care of most stories. There are, what, over twenty straight categories on Literotica? What other than prejudice couldn't let bis have two categories?

But, as noted months ago, Laurel stated on the Story Feedback forum (not brave enough to state it here, I guess), that she isn't considering instituting anything for bi and never did--that, in fact, she didn't give permission to have this thread at all (not that that she said anything about that on this thread).
I'm in favor of the BI category, but two would be a lot and in this sense I could see the sites point.

because if you created a 'sub category" bi, but bi ffm and mmf....

Then people will say well what about incest? Why not a mom/son, dad/daughter etc.... same in interracial black man white woman, white guy Asian woman...

Not that anything here is more than us talking amongst ourselves, we know nothing is getting done.

But the categories here could use some shuffling. For instance as I mentioned above, mind control needs its own category? When it fits well within another?

On that note non con/reluctance. Those two things are apples and oranges and should be split. Many who enjoy some reluctance, do not like full out rape and they end up staying away completely as you don't know what you'll stumble into.

Non human...why is that different from sci fi? They create their own 'species' and races and settings....just like sci fi...

Best thing that can be said on this is lit is consistently inconsistent.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #180
larrycando
Literotica Guru
 
larrycando is offline
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I'm in favor of the BI category, but two would be a lot and in this sense I could see the sites point.

because if you created a 'sub category" bi, but bi ffm and mmf....

Then people will say well what about incest? Why not a mom/son, dad/daughter etc.... same in interracial black man white woman, white guy Asian woman...

Not that anything here is more than us talking amongst ourselves, we know nothing is getting done.

But the categories here could use some shuffling. For instance as I mentioned above, mind control needs its own category? When it fits well within another?

On that note non con/reluctance. Those two things are apples and oranges and should be split. Many who enjoy some reluctance, do not like full out rape and they end up staying away completely as you don't know what you'll stumble into.

Non human...why is that different from sci fi? They create their own 'species' and races and settings....just like sci fi...

Best thing that can be said on this is lit is consistently inconsistent.
Thank you for sharing these very valid points.

I belong to some other activity related forums (motorcycling and camping) and keep a low profile on Facebook. I am grateful for their existence as it removes the time and distance between like minded people. I visit Lit for the people here and their ideas and experiences, not for the advertised services.

I agree with you in that Lit could be more adaptive to the community. It should not be a moral issue, or an economic one as this forum requires a certain level of maintenance regardless.

There are quite a few sections that I have never ventured into as the heading depicts the content and I am just not interested in those stories. Let the Bi-sexual section be the same way for others, to which they can ignore it rather than bumping into bi sex content in Loving Wives or Group Sex.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #181
John Doe
Justified Snob
 
John Doe's Avatar
 
John Doe is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: A barred-spiral galaxy in the Siphius/Draco border territory
Posts: 54,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
You're not a parasitic drone here just because you say you aren't? And you have stories under another account just because you say you do? I think not. The advertising that pays for your 53,000 posts of fun here on the forum is all on the story side of the house and is there because authors are providing the product that attracts the advertisers (going back to the original point). You have nothing on the story side and you've been living off the contributions of others for nine years. That's pretty much what a parasitic drone is. Own it.
If you'd like I can prove to you it's my story, but somehow I don't think that would prove my sincerity to you.

My point is not that you are not entitled to your opinion. You are. My point is that you are not in a position to simply demand anything (especially rudely) and expect to get it. If you want it that badly you need to show that it's in the owners' (key word there) interest to give it to you, because ultimately you are still being provided a service whether you are an author or a reader. You are not entitled to that service. It is being provided to you by the owners because it profits them in some way, just like any other service business. The best chance you have of influencing that service is by trying to convince the owners it can benefit them or perhaps that not doing so would be a detriment. Odds are you aren't going to accomplish anything by insulting them with accusations of discrimination and you're not going to persuade a lot of people (myself included) by attacking and insulting them too.
__________________
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." --Samuel Clemens

One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.[...] --Emily Dickinson

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." -- Albert Einstein

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -- Robert A. Heinlein



Included in honor of Byron:

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."--H. L. Mencken
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #182
John Doe
Justified Snob
 
John Doe's Avatar
 
John Doe is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: A barred-spiral galaxy in the Siphius/Draco border territory
Posts: 54,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycando View Post
Are you one of the 90% who wish to have a bi-sexual section (by the poll at the top of this thread?) Or are you here to dribble out your distaste for heterosexual men who happen to have an attraction for the same sex as well? Do you engage in a little gay bashing when you can do it anonymously?
I [i]am[/b] bisexual. Not that it has any bearing on my argument either way.

And for what it's worth I voted for two categories, but this is not a democracy.


Quote:
By posting your dribble.
No. I mean how am I striking you as arrogant or whatever your problem is with me?


Quote:
Are you one of those who wanted the UNHUMAN section?
I wasn't involved in any discussion of that if I recall correctly. I had no opinion about it and I don't now. How does it relate anyway?
__________________
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." --Samuel Clemens

One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.[...] --Emily Dickinson

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." -- Albert Einstein

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -- Robert A. Heinlein



Included in honor of Byron:

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."--H. L. Mencken
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #183
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 32,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
If you'd like I can prove to you it's my story, but somehow I don't think that would prove my sincerity to you.

My point is not that you are not entitled to your opinion. You are. My point is that you are not in a position to simply demand anything (especially rudely) and expect to get it. If you want it that badly you need to show that it's in the owners' (key word there) interest to give it to you, because ultimately you are still being provided a service whether you are an author or a reader. You are not entitled to that service. It is being provided to you by the owners because it profits them in some way, just like any other service business. The best chance you have of influencing that service is by trying to convince the owners it can benefit them or perhaps that not doing so would be a detriment. Odds are you aren't going to accomplish anything by insulting them with accusations of discrimination and you're not going to persuade a lot of people (myself included) by attacking and insulting them too.
Wow I haven't seen you in forever. Didn't you have the robot from Futurama as your AV in the GB at one point?

You make good points in your above post.

But I would like to point out is that the frustration here does not stem from people who think they can just demand things and get them and bitch when they don't-and yes on a free site-but that the owner has been at this point pretty much toying with people on this subject.

Two posters here have been told this could happen and to try to garner support for it and they have. Now the story is not only won't there be one-and as pilot pointed out the owner did not have the courtesy to post it here so people will stop getting there hopes up-but is now stating she never gave permission for this thread and that is an outright lie.

You're right, the site does not have to do anything they don't want to and everyone here is mature enough to understand that.

But in that case they should simply state "I don't think its a good idea, end of discussion" and not play middle school level games and make people jump through hoops like its a big game. That's the reason people are angry.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #184
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
If you'd like I can prove to you it's my story, but somehow I don't think that would prove my sincerity to you.
You're talking about contributing one story to the site in nine years to allow you to post 53,000 posts?

I'll stick with you being a parasitic drone here.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #185
larrycando
Literotica Guru
 
larrycando is offline
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 824
I just started out on the wrong foot. I have been here at Lit for over 12 years and this is my first "online spat" if we can even call it that.

I took offense to some questioning me if I was a customer here or not and my feelings about having a bi sexual category. I did not take the time to reflect on an answering before I went go on the offense.

I enjoy the reading of the content much more than I post in the forums. 98% of my time here at lit, I am reading "one handed" and enjoying the edge of "sexual intoxication."

Rarely do I post in a thread that has any controversy. When I posted, I was not expecting anyone to question my feelings, as I am "pro bi sexual category."

I am surprised by the amount of controversy here and the animosity towards Lit folks who wish for a separate category.

I am not very good at "online pissing matches." Nor do I wish to improve my skill by practice.

My apologies to everyone for going on the offense, when I could of just answered those questioning me. I am sorry if I caused any grief by my posts.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #186
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 32,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
You're talking about contributing one story to the site in nine years to allow you to post 53,000 posts?

I'll stick with you being a parasitic drone here.
Story side and the forum community are two different areas.

This is just another way you are trying to find to say "I have a lot of stories here!"

But I'll lower myself to playing your stupid game....

So if you don't write stories here you are irrelevant and have no opinions or rights here, only the 'money making' author do.

Well let me ask you this, oh all knowing one...how many people on these boards are not writers, but are the people who read the stories posted? Does the reader, the one coming to check out stories and click on advertising links not contribute to the 'economy' of lit? The readers are the consumers here, correct?

So everyone on these boards has a right to their opinion. You mean no more than anyone else here except in your own mind where you're god
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #187
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,684
You just did lower yourself to play what you claim is a game, when I'm not playing game. The topic that was being discussed was customers and patrons of the Web site and who's providing what. If there was no story side to this Web site, there would be nothing supporting the forum side. This is a point you've made yourself, even on this thread.

If you don't like my take on it, you could either just shut your yap or you could make up a game to go with it. Obviously you chose the latter. Which you can play all by yourself, LC, because I'm not playing in your gutter.
__________________
______________________

Last edited by sr71plt : 11-09-2014 at 06:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #188
pcarp
Really Really Experienced
 
pcarp's Avatar
 
pcarp is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 350
Does any of this really matter? This thread is two and a half years old. Obviously it isn't going to happen so why are you people still (after 2 1/2 years) arguing about it?
The poll at the top plainly shows that the membership (or the ones that voted) overwhelmingly favor a bisexual section, and also that the ownership doesn't care what the members wanted. So why are you people making yourselves look silly by still whining about it?
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #189
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,684
Guess for the same reason you're coming back to whine.

Why shouldn't the Web site continue to hear that it continues to be a request for coverage?
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #190
larrycando
Literotica Guru
 
larrycando is offline
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarp View Post
Does any of this really matter? This thread is two and a half years old. Obviously it isn't going to happen so why are you people still (after 2 1/2 years) arguing about it?
The poll at the top plainly shows that the membership (or the ones that voted) overwhelmingly favor a bisexual section, and also that the ownership doesn't care what the members wanted. So why are you people making yourselves look silly by still whining about it?
I am following this thread because it is still pertinent to my wishes for the betterment of the website.

Last edited by larrycando : 11-10-2014 at 02:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #191
diablofire
Experienced
 
diablofire is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 33
I would love to see a bisexual cat.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #192
larrycando
Literotica Guru
 
larrycando is offline
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 824
Do Literotica Owners read current events? There is a GAY anchor guy on FOX NEWS! Ya think he was once "straight" and is now wanting to come out?

They think all Gays are gay only?

Maybe they just don't care about their readership. Maybe they are in this just for the money? Not progressive at all and unwilling to listen to their own customers?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2015, 02:27 AM   #193
sexnovella
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
great

Great
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #194
bixxx55
Literotica Guru
 
bixxx55 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,166
I vote FOR and new Bisexual category

A lot of time, its difficult to find bisexual stories in other categories. This way, we can have our own.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #195
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,684
This proposal was dead on arrival a year ago. No utility in continuing to vote for it. Management obviously isn't interested.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #196
Samuelx
Literotica Guru
 
Samuelx's Avatar
 
Samuelx is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario.
Posts: 3,594
As a bisexual Haitian guy, I am all for it.
__________________
Bad to the bone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2015, 03:07 AM   #197
funguyn505
Literotica Guru
 
funguyn505 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 985
Absolutely, yes please!!! One for each i think, but definitely one for MMF.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2015, 03:10 AM   #198
funguyn505
Literotica Guru
 
funguyn505 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
This proposal was dead on arrival a year ago. No utility in continuing to vote for it. Management obviously isn't interested.
Damn, that sucks!! What a downer.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #199
princeof_parties
Virgin
 
princeof_parties is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Just wanted to be another voice to agree that there should be a bisexual category. I've had some difficulty figuring out which category to put my stories in where the actions may be a man having sex with a man, but one of them is daydreaming about a woman during it or something. Things that don't quite fall into group sex and don't fall into gay sex.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.