I swear, I'm never getting another fucking dog!

Castrate him first.
Just bloody bite his scrotum off.
Then he won't be a fucking dog.
And you get protein.
 
My rescue mutt has just eaten his 4th sofa in as many months. The fat headed git. :mad: my swearing is well practiced.
 
Castrate him first.
Just bloody bite his scrotum off.
Then he won't be a fucking dog.
And you get protein.

This is where the male bonding thing comes in. We just can't bring ourselves to do that. We empathize too much. Too much guilt.
 
Crate your dog when you leave the house, you'll both be happier in the long run, and so will your furniture, dry wall, door frames, etc.
 
after my last dog died,
i said the same thing.
it hit me a lot harder
than i expected.
i still have him, kinda.
he's under the soft maple.
or his bones, anyway.
 
When I brought the bride home from major surgery after several days in the big city, it also marked the first time our rescue dog spent a similar time away from home since his earlier captivity.
When we all got home, I put the dog out back, figuring he might need the time to drop a load. Instead, he went to the second back door and began to dig a frantic, paranoid hole around the blocked doggie door into the garage.
Our dog is much more comfortable now, hopefully past that stage where he fears rejection.
 
Crate your dog when you leave the house, you'll both be happier in the long run, and so will your furniture, dry wall, door frames, etc.

Regularly crating a dog for more than a couple of hours, unless it's overnight, is cruel.
 
Crate your dog when you leave the house, you'll both be happier in the long run, and so will your furniture, dry wall, door frames, etc.
This
Regularly crating a dog for more than a couple of hours, unless it's overnight, is cruel.

No it isn't. Most dogs will sleep the day away anyway, but when they do wake, they won't get into mischief if they are crated.
 
Years ago I studied, I qualified (98% pass, mofo), and quickly realised that explaining shit is pretty much pointless and merely serves to frustrate.

So, yeah, whatevs.
 
Last edited:
Anyway, shelter dogs often come with issues that don't fit within the norm. They can require some creative solutions. Dogcam is a genius invention.

Every time I go to this shelter I get stitched! Give me your nervous wreck, your unmanageable demolition ball, your hyperactive anxiety machine. I go in, every time, intent on something older, quieter, less complicated. :rolleyes: but yes, it's worth it. The "he's just a completely different dog now!" of the shelter staff kept me smiling internally for days.
 
A mastiff X that, at 18 months, had never been trained out of puppyish hand nipping. That'll enrich anyone's choice of language!
 
Or how about the pupper with the adorable babyface, who can hop 6'+ fencing and open every door in the house from both sides.
 
If you want a dog with issues, merely adopt the runt of a Doberman litter.
 
Previous to that, the frozen PTSD bitch of terror incontinence. Swear in a sweet soothing voice for that one!
 
Previous to that, the frozen PTSD bitch of terror incontinence. Swear in a sweet soothing voice for that one!

Ha! That's the thing about dogs. Especially the ones you care for. They have the instinctive ability to know what you're really saying without actually say it. They pay more attention to the tone of your voice than the words that literally come out of your mouth.

My latest addition is a very fat, adorable mixed breed Chihuahua, mainly Chihuahua. She always craves attention. I actually volunteered to "temporarily" take care of her and give her back. She's been one of my Dad's for many years. He's spoiled her rotten - letting her do whatever she wants, feeding her terrible human foods (bologna, snacks, cheap weenies, fried foods, etc.) Basically watching her, but not really watching her. She developed worms and heart problems and is so seriously overweight she has problems moving around sometimes. For some reason, she's always gravitated towards me, would always pee she was so excited to see me. I've always called her a little whore, slut, or bitch. It's my tone and how I act, not what I say. But she knows I've always favored her. Love her personality!

I've had her about a week along with my other 2. I discipline her, take her for walks, talk to her. And she's on a strict diet. One good bath (she loved it). Good dog food for her digestive system. No more fatty, cheap people food. Now she fights with the others for my attention and hates it when I leave the house without her. I think it's more about actually more about caring for her health than it is about spoiling her. So now I'm suckered in. She had it "good" at my dad's place, but I think she's likes it here better now. And I don't mind. I think her loyalty has transferred to me. Last time my dad visited, she didn't try to follow him like she usually does.
 
And that, IMO, is what love is. Treating a dog like a dog, and not the friend/baby/toy substitute you might be craving.

I think I'm going to like you!
 
Our mini dachsy, rat terrier, chihuahua, bichon, lab mixed rescue is sitting on my lap as I type this. She gets along fine with the three rescue cats and if anyone rings the doorbell, she is right on it. 12 pounds of piss and vinegar to strangers, no one may enter without passing inspection.
 
Back
Top