Never Forget (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Posts
22,651
It had been going on five years since the death of Rose, she was her best friend along with her other best friend Otto Octavius. It had been a very hard time for Otto. She had almost finish college, and was going to check on her friend. A professor was talking to her about his work and wanted to see it. So she decided to go to him, besides only time they talked was on a phone. So she went in with a key he gave her. And then headed inside, she removed her jacket and bag and sighed a bit.

Walking up to some stairs she stopped at the top and could almost still see where she died, in her head. But she heard someone and looked up. Eden noticed some of Otto's work and looked it over, her eyes went wide seeing what he was doing. Heading to his work room she grabbed some goggles and went in. Looking at him with a machine to his back, she smiled some and watched quietly and slowly. But when they looked at one another she smiled.

And she removed the goggles and put them on the table beside her. Eden walked up to him and smiled at Otto and was really happy for him. Eden knew that he had to give his presentation to many people soon and V was going to be there for him, like she had been for many years. V had graduated and she was here to ask if he wanted a lab partner, she was pretty smart. A genius in her own right, but no where the brains like him.

She would bow before his brain any day of the week. But who knew what would happen, but right now he mattered to her. "Seems that you are ready for tomorrow, I'll be there with Bells on" She laughed some looking at him with a huge grin on her face.
 
"Eden, my dear, it's so good of you to have come!" Otto greeted her with a friendly smile. He lingered for a moment, looking her over. "My, how you've grown, how long has it been since..." He couldn't finish, the last time he's seen Eden was at Rose's funeral. Blinking back tears, he glanced around, motioning to the surrounding equipment.

"Mostly, yes, however there is a small power drain problem with the harness that has been keeping me from completing the line of attachement parts for this marvelous device." He explained, getting right to business. "I'll figure it out, but I won't have the time to get these parts ready for show. Do you think you could complete them for me? The nessasary adjustments are in that database behind you. Simple really, I know they are well within your capability to complete. Be a darling, won't you and help me with them?"
 
Eden smiled big time hugging her friend and mentor in her arms, when he pulled away she placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it lovingly "It's alright Otto I miss her to" And hearing everything that he said she nodded her head in understanding but then she heard that it would be her job and she smiled even bigger and placed her hands on her hips and looks around the room a second getting her bareings and silently sighed. She was finally where she was meant to be at least that was what she was thinking.

"Sure thing Otto sounds fun and you know me I wont do a half assed job either, you know in school they always asked me who my mentor was and when I told them it was you they started calling me little Ock" She laughed a bit and looked at him. "I don't know if you really know just how much you have impacted my life, its rather humbling to be your assistant and even more so you trust me to let me work here" She said and thought. "but your not alone any more, we can watch out for each other"
 
It looked like Otto would caress Eden's cheek to show her his appreciation, but at the last moment, he cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses instead. There was barely veiled pain behind his eyes as he returned to his work, this throat so tight that he couldn't risk thanking her for her help aloud without croaking. He had far too much pride to let her hear such a thing from him.

"Oh my dear, you should have heard some of the names I was called when I was in school. 'squidly', 'sucker-mouth', 'sea-food special'..." He chuckled a little, adjusting his glasses again. "I suppose it toughened me up, lead me to my purpose. I don't think I would have burried myself in studies half as deeply if I'd not been left out of all the 'reign deer games'.

He turned to face Eden again with a serious, almost loving look in his eyes. "You're right where you belong, my dear, you may not think it, but you've a brilliant mind, not many can do what you do. I consider it an honor to mentor you. You're destined for great things, young lady, I hope you know that."

He smiled somewhat windsomely at her as she expressed such a sweet sentiment as watching out for each other. "Well..." He paused, concidering his words carefully. "I'm not quite sure what to say to that... I am terribly greatful for your help, and will certainly watch out for you as best I can... But I can't help but feel that some day you'll surpass even me, and I would be loath to hold you back from your ultimate greatness in any way shape or form... So... For now? Yes, of course! 'you get my back and I'll have yours.' That's... How they say it, is it not?"
 
Eden watched Otto very closely and saw something in his eyes, something like love. She heard what he said and how he said it, and studying how he stood and when he was nervous he adjusted his glasses. Thinking about everything she could not help but smile even more, hearing all the nice things she chuckled a bit. Shaking her head as she began to wonder what on earth would happen, but right then and there she placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it lovingly. She returned the very loving glance.

"I don't know in school I actually loved the nick name, and I buried myself in my studies because I had no one in college. No friends and no boyfriend, course I never had anyone but you. But you fill the empty void that I use to feel before I met you. So it's amazing what one person can do and what two great minds can do you know? Perhaps I was the kind of girl who wanted to be perfect. But then everything just seemed to fall in line my last year, course I was the youngest to ever graduate from there.

I know I could use my knowledge to create some horrible things, but there was a saying you use to say to me. About certain abilities that humans can posses, but when it came down to it . And with what I know you said Knowledge is a privilege not a right." She said looking up at him, showing that everything he ever told her she remembered. She leaned in and kissed his cheek, there was something that she was curious about. His wife had been dead five years, and she would never put the moves on him, unless he did.
 
Otto was struck speechless to see the returned look of love in Eden's young eyes. The things she said made him want to swoop her up in his arms and carry her away. If they had been anywhere else when she kissed his cheek but in the lab where Rose met her end, he would have, he was sure of it, propriety be damned. But he couldn't bring himself to dishonor Rose's memory by putting the moves on another woman in the same place he'd found her body.

He yearned to tell Eden all his secrets. How ever since she slipped her hand into his when he went to the edge of Rose's coffin, supporting him through the worst moment of his life, he'd had secret dreams of making love to her. It pained him to feel like he was betraying Rose, and he feared that Eden would only be creeped out and disgusted by any advance. So he threw his heart and soul into his work the past five years, desperate to hide from the pain in his heart.

But it always came, in those quiet, lonely moments before sleep would claim him. "You're already perfect..." Otto whispered softly before clearing his throat. "And one day, the world is going to be your oyster, young lady. I only hope I get to be there to see you up where you belong, on top of the world. I'll be so very proud of you." He tried to maintain appearances of propriety, even though his heart wanted anything but a proper, professional relationship with Eden.
 
Eden watched him and could see his eyes light up when she squeezed his shoulder and the kiss on the cheek, it meant everything to her. She also knew it was hard on him, she had seen him at his best and his worst. So much anger at what happened to his wife, but it had been an accident. She was there as a friend but also the woman who had a crush on him. But so soon after his wives death she would never even think about pushing further with her feelings. Looking down for a moment as she took his hands in hers.

"Otto I get a feeling I know what you are thinking about, just the way you look at me. But your afraid of your own feelings because of Rose. Before her death she had me promise her if anything happened to her that I would look after you, and so I have happily. I have seen you at your best and worst, I did a little study of how people behave and how they lie and things they hide deep down, and the fact I know you so well. But Rose wanted you to be happy, remember her Otto but don't let her anchor you"

She knew Rose wanted him happy and would do anything for his happiness, and everything just could go to hell. Reaching up placing her hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes, sighing a little bit. She hoped she did read him correctly because if she did not, this would be the biggest mistake that she had ever done. She was not afraid of anything, and frankly there was just so much he could give. Spending so much time in his work was not healthy and she knew that all to well. "Am I wrong?" She asked wondering if she was wrong with him loving her.
 
Dr. Octavius's eyes began to water and his lips formed into a thin line, she'd read him like a book. He ached to shower her with love, with tenderness, it was right there behind the closed door of his heart, beating and scratching to be set free. It scared and elated him at the same time, if he had been a lesser man, he would have sunk to his knees and weeped away his pain into the soft supple curve of Eden's belly. Part of him wanted to, but his pride and dignity kept him on his feet.

"You're not wrong..." He whispered, his voice strained. "Any where but here, any time but now and you will know my..." He balked a little bit, falling silent. He covered her hand on his cheek with his own, lacing his fingers between hers. Drawing her hand to his lips, he brushed them against her soft, cool knuckles, breathing a warm breath against them. "Heart..." He whispered.
 
Eden saw how his lips were formed and it almost scared her if she had hurt him, but she could tell what he wanted to do. But she needed to make the first move with this relationship she knew, and right now she just did not care what anyone thought of a relationship since he was much older. Well in the public eye that did not approve of age difference, but she loved the man he was. Deep down he was a man who was hurting, and she loved everything about this moment, when he stopped what he said before taking her hand.

Looking into those eyes of his and smiled a bit looking at him, he was a special kind of guy she knew. And when he kissed her knuckles she nodded to him, so she decided to suggest something. "Well I know your work is important to you and there is much work to do, but why don't we go for a walk since your lab isn't far from the park. You can't keep burying yourself in your work Otto, you still have a lot of life left in you. Don't let your hard work kill you, I wont let it. I keep my promises, and it would destroy me if something happened to you Otto. I love you so much"
 
Otto considered Eden's suggestion to go for a walk. "Yes, that sounds like a fine idea. There's just a few calculations I must make before that though, else I'm afraid I'll have to restart from my last algorhythm, adding hours to my work unnessisarilly. Give me an hour?" He asked, caressing Eden's shoulders, running his hands down along her arms. "We can go have some fine new york street cuisine on the way to the park. There's a vendor that has the best hot dogs I've ever tasted." He smiled down at her, sweeping a hand trough her soft flowing hair.
 
Eden looked at him and smiled a bit feeling his hand in her hair and nodded to him. "Alright Otto, one hour then I will drag you outside even if you are kicking and screaming Otto Octavius" She giggled a little bit and placing her hand on his that was in her hair and kissed the palm of his hand, she was no longer afraid to show the emotions that she could no longer hide. And knew she had the blessing of Rose a long time ago, but knew not to push. Her Grey eyes looking into his, and silently sighed a bit.
 
An array of emotions crossed Otto's face, ending in a loving smile. "You're quite beautiful, you know." He sighed as well, gazing at her a moment longer before clearing his throat. "Well then, let me get these calculations down so you don't have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming then." He said with a chuckle, slipping away to his computer console. "There's those devices for you to work on still, if you please." He pointed out. "Let me know what you think of them by the way. The laser cutter is probably the most versatile."
 
Eden smiled and nodded, she walked over to where she would be working and dragged a stool over and sat down, she was humming a little bit and looking over his notes. And began to type away at the computer, she would start with the Laser cutter. And began to wonder what would happen if her calculations were off, but she would not worry about it. She was positive she would not be off, and she got a lot done before that hour came up. Looking up at her watch that Otto gave her five years go and smiled. So she got up to check on him.
 
Otto could barely focus on his work, every few moments he found himself looking up over at Eden, noticing more and more how fetching and attractive she'd become. At one point, she casually ran her fingers through her hair, revealing her slender neck. His gut twitched as he imagined kissing her there wondering how she would react. If he would moan for him, if she would swoon.

The hour went startlingly quickly, and he only got a portion of what he would have normally gotten done down, but it was more than he needed to be finished in time for the presentation tomorow. He heard her stool streak along the floor as she stood and came to check on him. He looked up at her and smiled softly, coming to meet her half way, offering her an elbow. "Shall we?" He asked.
 
Eden was rather happy and was thinking she had never been with a guy in any way shape or form, she did not know what would happen here but did not care. Thinking a little bit everything just seemed to come to a close, and then when she watched him get up and meet her half way, she smiled taking his elbow in her own arm and smiled a bit at him. She was rather happy and everything was just so beyond perfect. Looking at him she just smiled happily, having no idea what trials would be laid down in there path.

"Yes" She said and walked with him out of the lab and looked up at the beautiful sky ,she kept his walking pace and was really happy. Looking back at him she sighed a little bit. "So tell me, what is on your mind Otto?" She asked cocking her head to the side for a moment, having a feeling that things were about to get even more intense since it was a rather nice moment they were s haring here and now. At the park in beautiful weather, this was a sign she thought.
 
Otto had beel looking up at the new york skyline, not thinking about anything really, just enjoying feeling so alive. "Hmm?" He sounded, shifting his eyes down toward Eden, who had her head cocked to the side in the most adorable of ways. A slow grin spread across his lips as he took in a slow breath. "Oh, nothing really, just thinking about how wonderful it would feel to kiss you is all." He said, arching an eyebrow, reaching over to caress her cheek.
 
Eden looked at him and heard what he said and she smiled. Feeling his hand on her cheek she looked into his eyes. Placing her hand on the hand that was on her cheek, it was rather nice. Hearing what he said she smiled. "I would like for you to kiss me Otto" She stopped moving in front of a bench in the park and faced the man she loved, placing her hand on his cheek and was rather happy.
 
"Okay, well... Here goes nothing..." He whispered with a smile, slipping his free hand to caress the small of Eden's back, stepping in close to her so her slight frame pressed agaisnt his solid form. He moistened the seem of his lips with a short sweep of his tongue, careful to look tasteful while doing so.

His hand moved from her cheek to the nape of her neck, cradling her head as she instinctively lifted her chin to recieve his kiss. He bowed his head, and leaned in to press his lips tenderly against hers, hoping it would send a sweet, sensual thrill through both of them.
 
Watching Otto she heard what he said and when he touched her she looked into his eyes seeing him closing in on her and when she felt his lips on her own she returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around him, letting out a soft moan. Her fantasies of her and Otto rolling through her head, it was amazing how he made her feel. Resting her hand on his cheek as she continued kissing him enjoying every ounce of what he was doing to her.
 
He felt his body react, harden and swell, and press against the tender curve of Eden's belly, and he drew back, breaking the kiss, slightly embarassed by his sudden arousal. "Mh, sorry, ahem, that was so very inappropriate of me..." He said softly, fondling her hair as he rested his brow agaisnt hers. He was grinning though, not really seeming quite as shy as his words would have her believe. "Are you hungry?"
 
Eden smiled and could tell he was aroused which made her feel happy, looking into his eyes as they were so close together she smiled happily. "It's alright Otto, I feel the same way. I have wanted to be with you for a long time." She leaned in "To make love to you" She pulled away and smiled. "Yes I am hungry actually" She said happily.
 
It was Otto's turn to cant his head to the side. He felt himself spasm when she said she wanted to make love to him. "You would make love with me?" He asked, seeming quite surprised. "I'm sorry, but you're such an attractive young lady, you could do far better than me..." He scratched the back of his head and nodded toward the street vendor carts up ahead. He wondered how it would feel to enter her, and had to bite his lower lip at the thougth of it. "Ahem" he cleared his throat again, his cheeks turning ruddy in the chill december air.
 
Eden smiled at the way he looked at her, and hearing what he said about doing much better. She did not know how to say what was on her mind, but when she saw his cheeks turn ruby red she grinned a bit. She took his hand in hers and made him look into her eyes and smiled. "I got better Otto I have you, you need to stop being so negative about yourself. You are everything in a companion that I have ever wanted, age difference does not matter. And you are rather handsome in my opinion. And my opinion should be the only thing that matters" She grinned.
 
Eden actually sounded kind of fiesty, it was a pleasant surprise how sharp she had suddenly been with him. He chuckled and jokingly put his hands up in mock surrender. "You're right of course, I am quite the catch, I suppose. Ahem, I don't mean to offend you, but have you ever had a lover, my dear?" He scratched the tip of his nose with his thumb nail as they walked slowly toward the food vendors.
 
Eden kept walking with him and smiled at him "Honestly no I haven't, I never really felt anything for the guys I went to school with. You I have always shared a connection with, you I want to give myself to. But never wanted to give myself to anyone, perhaps I am just strange. But I know what I want, for the first time in a long time" She said looking at him.
 
Back
Top